Saskatoon Wild press conference

Peace

On 12/15/2019 at 2:30 PM, Elmebeck said:

Week ending December 22nd

265fd78019d37c345956867e5c94465c.jpg

Saskatoon is beautiful this time of year, and we'll do our best with the press conference to lighten it up even more.

1. Do you like the VHL's 12 days of Christmas? Do you think you'll post in every daily thread?
2. Have you been following, or perhaps playing, in the WJC? Any surprises? Who'll win?
3. Who is the MVP of the VHLM so far?
4. GM Peace's nephew or something just joined the team, what chance do you give him to score a goal before the season ends?
5. Any hobbies you will have time spending a little bit time on between Christmas and New Year's? 
6. Star Wars premiering on the 18th, your thoughts and expectations? Will you go watch it with the team?

1. I don't even pay attention to it, lol.

2. Yea I am in it, I didn't play the best I could, and I don't really know as of now.

3. I have no idea, but I think a lot of people on saskatoon and other contending teams are qualifying. 

4. 100%, I'm the assist guy on the team, so I'll make sure he gets it!

5. Sim Leagues, Madden haha.

6. I'm really excited, and yes I will. 

Week ending December 29th

Winter_Forests_Fireworks_464494.jpg

Happy Winter Solstice and Happy Holidays!

What a BEAST of a season! Now some rest over the holidays until the playoffs start off at the 27th. But a quick presser in between.

1. How about this amazing season?
2. What are your thoughts about this season's team?
3. How do you feel about your contribution during the season, on and off ice?
4. We can't make a "Tampa Bay", right?
5. Predictions for the playoffs?
6. HOW about this amazing season?

7. What are you wishing for/got for Christmas that would make/made you happy?
8. How are you spending the days between Xmas and New Years?
9. I will ask you about New Years resolutions next week, have you started pondering about that or is that just humbug?
10. Will we be the Champions, my friend?

1. Very happy. No, wait... There is no words to describe how I feel this season went, truthfully. I'm overjoyed. 

2. I'm hoping it's a team that'll go down in the record books for years as one of the best VHLM teams ever. 

4 (3). Non't jinx us! 

8 (4). I'll be spending as much time as possible with my family. 

9 (5). One of my goals in 2020 is to buy a used vehicle - relatively new still - so I can replace my 2004 Chevy Impala and recently sold 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan (sold for parts). 

10 (6). Yes, yes we will. 

On 12/22/2019 at 1:59 PM, Elmebeck said:

What a BEAST of a season! Now some rest over the holidays until the playoffs start off at the 27th. But a quick presser in between.

9. I will ask you about New Years resolutions next week, have you started pondering about that or is that just humbug?

3. I think I could have contributed a lot more off the ice, but on the Ice i'm happy with what my player did. 

4. We better not.

5. I predict we will, at the very least, make it deep. What I expect, however, is to win it all. 

7. I may have got my Christmas present early. I got a mildly expensive but awesome portable Bluetooth speaker. Music is love, music is life. 

9. New years resolutions were never quite my thing. I just keep trying to do my best, regardless of a goal. 

10: 

On 12/22/2019 at 11:59 AM, Elmebeck said:

1. Mann, when you get to how it feels to be on a historic team, it's unbelievable.

2. Well, now I know I was one of the best players on the greatest team of all time in the history of VHLM lol. 

3. It was great, I was one of the team's top players, very consistent.

4. Nah most not.

5. We are easily winning the chip right here.

6. People should be scared for decades to come.

7. Air pods, to be unbanned from sba discord haha.

8. Just partying with em girls if you know what I mean. 

9. Just a humbug to be honest.

10. HELL YEAH

On 12/22/2019 at 11:59 AM, Elmebeck said:

1. Well, you know, it's great to be here while this team is killer. Can't say I did well, but I'm a team guy. The TEAM performance is my thing.

2.We are super stacked and have lots of great players. Lots of performers, and also lots of team chemistry.

3. On ice, mediocre. I had a good +/-, but only 27 points. It's not horrible, just expected more coming off of a 50 point season.

4. Don't jinx us.

5. We win it all, and I get like 6 or 7 points.

7. Race car track, Saskatoon finishing 1st.

8. VHL, family, friends, not much, really.

9. Stay dedicated to VHL and make the HC Davos roster by S72.

10. ♪ We are the champions, We are the champions! No time for losers, 'cause we are the champions! ♪

Week ending January 5th, 2020

Happy new year, happy playoffs!

1. Was sweeping Yukon expected? 
2. Any thoughts on the next round for us?
3. Surprised by either the VHLM or VHL playoff results so far?
4. If you are aware, involved or affected by the Calgary drama, any comments?
5. VHLM only has 11 teams now, let's say we could add a 12th to keep numbers even - where would it be situated and what would its name be?
6. Did you have a good holiday break?
7. Any presents of note - given or received?
8. Do you scoff at the sales between Christmas and New Years or do you splurge in the "sales"?
9. Plans for New Years?
10. Resolutions for New Years?

Edit: 11. Have you broken your resolutions yet?

Edited by Elmebeck

1 hour ago, Elmebeck said:

5. VHLM only has 11 teams now, let's say we could add a 12th to keep numbers even - where would it be situated and what would its name be?
8. Do you scoff at the sales between Christmas and New Years or do you splurge in the "sales"?
9. Plans for New Years?

1. Yes, the first game I knew it would be a sweep.

2. Sweeeep.

3. No, not really. After the NHL 2019 playoffs, I expect anything from any leagues haha.

4. Not going to lie, I had to google it. I am deeply sorry for anyone who was affected by this :(

5. LA Beast.

6. Yes.

7. Saskatoon's record.

8. Well, Elmebeck you already know this, I don't go shopping haha.

9. Friends and family coming over.

10. Get onto the HC Davos Dynamo roster, exercise more, do well in school.

On December 29, 2019 at 5:49 PM, Elmebeck said:

9. Plans for New Years?

1. Yeah, they did place low in the standings and we have dished out big wins against them before.

2. Well, since we leading 3-1, time to just move on.

3. Not really. Well, other than Halifax beating us.

4. I'm not aware. But if it's really bad, apologies for anybody affected.

5. Well, somewhere in Canada to balance out the amounts of American and Canadian teams. I'd guess somewhere in Manitoba because it doesn't have a VHL or VHLM team. Maybe the Winnipeg Spruce (named after Manitoba's provincial tree). You could also make them the Winnipeg Bisons (Manitoba's provincial animal).

6. Oui. It was nice to just chill.

7. My little sister got an Alex Tanguay (Flames) jersey.

8. Haha, I don't get paid at all.

9. Nothing really, just a family party.

10. Get good grades, probably. Not like my grades are particularly bad or anything, I just wanna excel in school.

On 12/29/2019 at 5:49 PM, Elmebeck said:

9. Plans for New Years?

1. Yes

2. We are not unbeatable. The next round will be the toughest.

3. Not really. No big surprises so far.

4. I'm a Wranglers draftee and am on their Discord so I've heard rumblings of something but I haven't paid much attention and hopefully it doesn't have any negative affect on the team next year.

5. I would like to see the VHLM expand overseas but if they want to keep it on the one continent then maybe go to South America to a big center or go to a known hockey market (Hartford Impalers, anyone?).

6. Really busy, but it was nice to be away from work.

7. Received - a new Canucks hat. Given - wrote a song for my 12 year old daughter.

8. Scoff usually.

9. Hung out with my brother's family for a fairly quiet New Year's.

10. Exercise more?

11. Meh? 

EDIT: @Elmebeck #4. Are you referring to Wranglers or Flames??? 

Edited by animal74

On 12/29/2019 at 8:49 PM, Elmebeck said:

9. Plans for New Years?

1. Well, not to be overconfident, but our team is stellar, so yes :)

5. Cape Breton! The Cape Breton Screaming Eagles ;) 

6. Heck yeah. Wish it wasn't over though!

7. Enough money to buy me all the games I wanted. Happy me, happy!

8. I went for the Steam Christmas sales. Not otherwise, though.

11. Can't break your resolutions if you keep your expectations so low that you don't have any ;) 

Week ending January 12th

It's getting colder... good thing we can warm with the finals.

VNour5k.png

1. By the time you answer this we may have either won or lost the finals. How do you think we did over the playoff?
2. Peace will be moving on to Toronto, is he set up for immediate success there and/or how do you believe he will do?
3. When Peace leaves I will probably apply for the GM-ship here, if you're staying down would you be happy with that?
4. Who are some members that deserve GM jobs in the league? VHLM or VHL. (cheekily assuming I do)
5. How do you think as a team we can improve for next season?
6. The VHL's first annual christmas charity drive was a resounding success, with the league members meeting our donation goal within a few hours. Have you claimed your free doubles week yet?  (Everybody gets one, regardless of donating or not) 

Edited by Elmebeck

On 1/6/2020 at 6:26 AM, Elmebeck said:

Week ending January 12th

VNour5k.png

1. By the time you answer this we may have either won or lost the finals. How do you think we did over the playoff?
2. Peace will be moving on to Toronto, is he set up for immediate success there and/or how do you believe he will do?
3. When Peace leaves I will probably apply for the GM-ship here, if you're staying down would you be happy with that?
4. Who are some members that deserve GM jobs in the league? VHLM or VHL. (cheekily assuming I do)
6. The VHL's first annual christmas charity drive was a resounding success, with the league members meeting our donation goal within a few hours. Have you claimed your free doubles week yet?  (Everybody gets one, regardless of donating or not) 

1. We won! The sweep would’ve been super awesome, but I guess we’ll have to settle with just awesome!

2. Toronto’s a tough situation to jump into, seems like a long-term retooling is in order. I wish him the best with it though

3. I’m not staying down but I think you’ve shown you’d be more than good enough for the role!

4. Just covering VHL, whether she’s still interested I don’t know, but I think BladeMaiden has done more than enough to earn a role.

5. Not sure, but if success is still being pursued, a new goalie is a must.

6. I think I did! Thank you VHL community!

On 1/5/2020 at 11:26 PM, Elmebeck said:

Week ending January 12th

VNour5k.png

1. We won! Whoop whoop! I thought we were very dominant. Only 2 losses is pretty damn good.

2. I believe Peace will do well. He is a great GM and showed us how great he was this season. He assembled an unbelievable team and I feel like he'll do the same in Toronto.

3. Definitely! You were a big part of our success. You would be a great GM and it would be a privilege to play under you.

4. BladeMaiden. Hands down. Great person and she helped a bit when I was building Lafontaine.

5. If I am not here, a new goalie.

6. Oui! I have! I think that this was a great initiative done by the league and once I get a job (I'm like 14 so ye-) I'll be more than happy to pitch in.

Week ending 19th of January, the glorious year of 2020.

What an amazing season we had, and to be honest I don't think we look particularly bad right now despite losing quite a lot of the high-TPA core from last season. I'm pretty optimistic we will reach the playoffs and hopefully do well again, but it certainly wont be the blow-out season that last one was.

So, a new, fresh press conference before the season starts for real.

1. I believe we drafted decently for having so late picks, what could we have done better, and am I correct in my assessment above that we probably will do decent... or even well, this season too?

2. Were you drafted to VHL this draft but still with us, then are you happy with where you ended up? If new to the league and not yet in the VHL draft, any specific location other than New York you'd want to end up in at the end of this season?

3. I will be looking to get an AGM in a few weeks (I just want to stand on solid ground first before initiating that process); would you want to step up to that role or have anyone you'd recommend me to take on?

4. Actually, I have been talking us up a bit; PREDICTIONS: How will we place in the league and/or the playoffs, like honestly.

5. Tell me in MORE than three words how your off-season has been (and do take inspiration from Marcus Grönholm if you need to (I adore him) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr-PISRQfpI

6. What are your goals and/or expectations for your player this season?

Edited by Elmebeck

On 1/13/2020 at 3:38 PM, Elmebeck said:

What an amazing season we had, and to be honest I don't think we look particularly bad right now despite losing quite a lot of the high-TPA core from last season. I'm pretty optimistic we will reach the playoffs and hopefully do well again, but it certainly wont be the blow-out season that last one was.

1. I believe we drafted decently for having so late picks, what could we have done better, and am I correct in my assessment above that we probably will do decent... or even well, this season too? I feel we will will do decent, yes, and I don't think we could've done any better, I mean we won the cup and got a good draft.

2. Were you drafted to VHL this draft but still with us, then are you happy with where you ended up? If new to the league and not yet in the VHL draft, any specific location other than New York you'd want to end up in at the end of this season? Not drafted in S70.

3. I will be looking to get an AGM in a few weeks (I just want to stand on solid ground first before initiating that process); would you want to step up to that role or have anyone you'd recommend me to take on? I'd step up to that role if I were you, and I wouldn't take anyone on (for me).

4. Actually, I have been talking us up a bit; PREDICTIONS: How will we place in the league and/or the playoffs, like honestly. Gotta be real, either miss or a first round exit.

5. Tell me in MORE than three words how your off-season has been (and do take inspiration from Marcus Grönholm if you need to (I adore him) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr-PISRQfpI Um... well it's been fun and unpredictable. I am excited to see what's next.

6. What are your goals and/or expectations for your player this season? I want 60 points and to make round 1 of the playoffs, and be in the VHL in 2-3 seasons.

On 1/13/2020 at 4:38 PM, Elmebeck said:

1. I believe we drafted decently for having so late picks, what could we have done better, and am I correct in my assessment above that we probably will do decent... or even well, this season too?

2. Were you drafted to VHL this draft but still with us, then are you happy with where you ended up? If new to the league and not yet in the VHL draft, any specific location other than New York you'd want to end up in at the end of this season?

3. I will be looking to get an AGM in a few weeks (I just want to stand on solid ground first before initiating that process); would you want to step up to that role or have anyone you'd recommend me to take on?

4. Actually, I have been talking us up a bit; PREDICTIONS: How will we place in the league and/or the playoffs, like honestly.

5. Tell me in MORE than three words how your off-season has been (and do take inspiration from Marcus Grönholm if you need to (I adore him) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr-PISRQfpI

6. What are your goals and/or expectations for your player this season?

1) I think our draft was great. I also agree that we’ll make the playoffs this season.

2) I’ve already been drafted to a VHL club but I’m excited to play with our new guys who were!

5) I’m still high on the Cup win, however I have been focusing on getting prepared for the upcoming season.

6) I’m hoping to have more than 50 points this season.

1. Looking back at our last season, what would you have done differently, if you would have done anything different at all? wasn't here last season

2. What do you expect from the Saskatoon Wild this season? Playoff

3. Are you worried you may be traded away during the season?  Not really.

4. The Saskatoon Alumni list is pretty impressive, what player do you look up too the most on that list? all of them

5. What type of player do you want to be in the VHL? A legend

6. How would you rate our roster, from a zero to one hundred scale. 90

New season! New presser! (sorry about being a bit late)

465111437.0.jpg

1. Who do you think will lead Saskatoon in points at the middle mark of the season?
2. How do you think we will finish in the regular season standings? A playoff spot, how high?
3. What do you think about the trades this off-season?
4. Happy with your own off-season and development for this upcoming one?
5. Anyone on the team you're particularly excited to play with this season?
6. What are the expectations you have on yourself this season?

14 hours ago, Elmebeck said:

New season! New presser! (sorry about being a bit late)

465111437.0.jpg

1. Who do you think will lead Saskatoon in points at the middle mark of the season?
2. How do you think we will finish in the regular season standings? A playoff spot, how high?
3. What do you think about the trades this off-season?
4. Happy with your own off-season and development for this upcoming one?
5. Anyone on the team you're particularly excited to play with this season?
6. What are the expectations you have on yourself this season?

1) I would like to see myself lead the team.

2) I see us making the playoffs in the 7th seed.

4) I'm really pleased with my development this off-season.

6) I set a goal for myself to have at least 60 points. 

Week ending February 2nd.

Tough start, but we can rally.

1. Is there any specific real life NHL player you're modelling your VHL player around, or just playing the numbers game that STHS provides us?
2. How did you get into hockey?
3. Do you play or have you played hockey IRL?
4. We're third from bottom now - a few close losses to be fair - what do we need to make sure we get a secure playoff position?
5. Which teams do you see as front runners for the rest of the season?
6. Have you broken your New Year's resolutions yet?

2 hours ago, Elmebeck said:

Week ending February 2nd.

Tough start, but we can rally.

1. Is there any specific real life NHL player you're modelling your VHL player around, or just playing the numbers game that STHS provides us?
2. How did you get into hockey?
3. Do you play or have you played hockey IRL?
4. We're third from bottom now - a few close losses to be fair - what do we need to make sure we get a secure playoff position?
5. Which teams do you see as front runners for the rest of the season?
6. Have you broken your New Year's resolutions yet?

1) I am more playing the numbers game. If I decide to make a second player, I would model him after Patrice Bergeron. 
2) I played Backyard Hockey on the family computer growing up.

3) I haven’t played in real life but I’m dying to try.

5) I think Ottawa and Minnesota will be front runners this season. 

• 3 weeks later...

End of season press conferences.

1 Season is almost over and we haven't been too good. Are you disappointed in the team?

What about your individual performances, are you doing as good as you expected at this point?

3 We just traded Gary Tarantino to the Minnesota Storm. Are you going to miss his presence?

4 Who do you think will end up winning the Founder's Cup?

What are you going to work on this offseason?

What would be your early objective for next season?

21 hours ago, McWolf said:

1 Season is almost over and we haven't been too good. Are you disappointed in the team?

What about your individual performances, are you doing as good as you expected at this point?

3 We just traded Gary Tarantino to the Minnesota Storm. Are you going to miss his presence?

What are you going to work on this offseason?

What would be your early objective for next season?

1. Well, I just joined the team so I can't say much
2. Again I just joined
3. Who??
4. Halifax probably

5. Everything, scoring and speed will be my main focus

6. to be a leader on the team and be drafted into the VHL

Absolutely not. We've got a great group of guys, but we're all still pretty new, you know? It takes time to find chemistry and it's only a matter of time before we do.

2 What about your individual performances, are you doing as good as you expected at this point?

I'd like to be a bigger physical presence and put my large frame to work. Hopefully that'll continue moving forward.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Gary, but any time a fan favorite is moved out it isn't easy. You know? We just gotta fill his shoes by committee and that's exactly what we plan on doing. 

It's still too early for me to say.

5 What are you going to work on this offseason?

Speed. I want to get faster. I think that will be the key to success for a big guy like me.

6 What would be your early objective for next season?

Hopefully, I'll be able to find my way back to Saskatoon, but if not then I'm just going to word hard, get stronger, get faster and come back as a more complete player next year.