Ottawa/Vegas Rivalry Heats Up Ahead of Season 64

Devise

While the VHL season has just gotten underway, the VHLM season is still temporarily in limbo. Given the off-season ended in the peak of holiday season it was to be expected that we'd get a delayed start to both seasons. However the longer the VHLM remains without starting, the longer the fire of the VHLM"s hottest new rivalry heats. I am of course talking about the rivalry brewing between Ottawa and Las Vegas. Originally a small issue, one that Ottawa GM and former VHL GM @diamond_ace took issue with has exploded. The issue was the overly arrogant Las Vegas GM @Jubo07 writing off Ottawa and Jason aka diamond ace for you newer faces, despite the sheer number of active and quality members on the roster. 

The fire then fueled and started to make rounds regarding how new members were being contacted and if they were being given the whole picture, all the way down to the quality of GMing. I was just going to comment on this and throw zero fuel on the fire, but what the hell. 

Las Vegas sucks. Their logo sucks, we should of never allowed Robbie to move a team there. I don't know why I wasn't completely against it the first go around, but man. We used to have a VHLM team in Moscow? Remember that? The Golden Knights don't suck though, they are exciting and fun. But I think the NHL getting a team in Vegas with better colors, jerseys and logo was reason enough to not head to Vegas. Seriously, the "Aces"? Look at this thing...

29xyv61.jpg&key=ce6496994b9452932c42689d

It looks like a mock up logo someone would make for an easy 6 TPE in the non grading world of VHL. The font is hard to right, there are two diamonds on the side despite the fact that it's an Ace of spades. Cards are on suit, and none of them are green. Plus look at the sticks? Aren't those just straight ripped from the old Mighty Ducks uniform? Seriously, who would cheer for this scrub club? You'd have to be on it and even then you'd be going "dammit why couldn't I be on Ottawa" but the answer would be "Jason actually cares about members getting minutes and not just winning". So if we are full up on x position it's better for you to be elsewhere for you. Imagine that, a VHLM that cares about it's members? Why would a GM want that approach? Much like actual Las Vegas, the Aces are taking a big gamble and if it doesn't pay off, well whats another dud on the resume right? :P 

All you little pansies on Ottawa will be crying at the end of the season when the Aces win the cup. Better forwards, better goalie. Remember the last time I was on the Aces (and ran them) people thought we could be beat. Ottawa is a little pebble compared to the boulder that is Vegas. I didn't make the Logo, Anderson did. At the time I just wanted a logo, surprised it was never changed to something nicer. Having said that, I rather be on Vegas then on Ottawa. This time around it will be better because there are other teams to compete with. Ottawa is not one of those teams. They can compete for 3rd which by definition is competing. Just for the wrong thing.