VHLM hype, the Oslo and Carles objectives for the season

Eudaldkp

As we all know, we have the VHLM season right around the corner, and the hype is starting to build up. It didn’t look like it, but right now we have many teams who might contend for the title this season. However, it looks like the Storm are still in the top of the predictions. The season hasn’t started yet though and once we get our first games in we will see how the standings start to shape out.

Today, we are with Oslo’s star Carles Puigdemont and their GM. When we asked them about the goals for this season, they responded at the same time “The cup”. Such a good sign coming from both your star player and the GM. You’d expect Carles to be focused on his individual stats heading onto the VHL, the big league, but it seems like his mind is back once again on winning the cup.

We were talking about the moves heading into this season, and we asked Oslo’s GM, what do you have to do to win a cup in the VHLM. “It isn’t easy, but building a good team here isn’t as hard as it is on the VHL. Basically, you tank for a year or two, sell your good players for picks and hoard picks for the season that you want to compete. That same season, you trade your following season picks for players or picks for this season and you’re set to go, you’re a contender.” Is that all though?No, you still need a bit of luck. Sometimes players become uninterested in the game, stop practicing that much, putting in effort. That can mess your whole season. And then we have cases like the famous @FamishedBlanket, who got banned from the league for misconduct.” Do you think you can still win it all even though the bumps that you’ve had in the road? “Of course, yes.” Carles added “It’s not that we can, it’s that we will”.

The Oslo still have a very good shot at winning the cup, but in what was supposed to be their year, other teams like the Aces and the Lynx have emerged to threat their contending spot, and it now looks like they will have a very hard time if they want to win it all. We asked Carles which team worries him the mostIt’s probably between the Aces and the Wild. I know, I know, the Wild is kind of a wild guess, hehe, but I’ve known @Peacefor a long time and man, he can just pull prospects out of his ass, so I wouldn’t be counting them out until the end of the season, because if they make some trades they could be a very real threat.”

The Wild, Carles’ old team, has been acquiring a lot of players this free agency, mainly thanks to the fantastic role that Peace plays there as an AGM, and if some of these players turn out to be great and they can make some trade happen, they could be looking at a repeat at the cup.

Edited by Eudaldkp