Halifax AGM Job Pay

Thranduil

19 minutes ago, Thranduil said:

Since @McWolf is already getting paid enough capped TPE through job pay, he is letting me take his VHLM GM job pay as I am the AGM of Halifax. I'll be using this thread to claim it weekly

you can just claim it on the portal as "Job Pay"

18 minutes ago, Thranduil said:

Since @McWolf is already getting paid enough capped TPE through job pay, he is letting me take his VHLM GM job pay as I am the AGM of Halifax. I'll be using this thread to claim it weekly

You don't need to link to a post for job pay (unless something's changed since I had a job)

3 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

you can just claim it on the portal as "Job Pay"

2 minutes ago, Hybrid1486 said:

You don't need to link to a post for job pay (unless something's changed since I had a job)

I need to prove McWolf actually said I could take his job pay.

14 minutes ago, Peace said:

Keep in mind that you only get one TPE, as that is the current situation with Dtayl and I. 

You don’t get the full two. 

You do get full two. If the GM passes his pay on to the AGM, it's still the full 2

19 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

You do get full two. If the GM passes his pay on to the AGM, it's still the full 2

Might want commish opinion on that, I may be misinformed. 

15 minutes ago, Peace said:

Might want commish opinion on that, I may be misinformed. 

That's how it worked when Halifax joined. Smarch was GM and I was AGM but he gave me his pay which was 2 TPE

• Commissioner
5 hours ago, ShawnGlade said:

That's how it worked when Halifax joined. Smarch was GM and I was AGM but he gave me his pay which was 2 TPE

It’s definitely supposed to be half, even if the GM in question has a job giving them the full cap.

5 hours ago, Beketov said:

It’s definitely supposed to be half, even if the GM in question has a job giving them the full cap.

2 hours ago, Quik said:

Yeah, not sure when AGMs started claiming 2 TPE, but even if the GM isn't claiming any, AGM can only claim 1 TPE per week.

Is this a new thing? When Smarch gave me his I totally claimed 2 and nobody questioned it

• Commissioner
6 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

Is this a new thing? When Smarch gave me his I totally claimed 2 and nobody questioned it

People probably just didn’t notice, it happens. @Will and I have discussed for awhile that with so many jobs we need to find a way to either have a full chart of what pays what and who gets it or auto-pay in the portal because things are bound to get missed.

AGM’s are, at most, doing half the work so the GM pay is split. Pay cannot be otherwise gifted to people in the form of roles, especially roles that aren’t officially approved by the league.

25 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

It shouldn't have been allowed, but it is what it is.

AGMs taking any kind of pay is a new thing, and like Beketov said, the roles haven't been "League Approved," which is part of why we're not huge fans of it to begin with. It used to be basically a mentorship role, where the AGM was paid by getting the experience, and eventually being promoted to GM of some sort.

Just now, flyersfan1453 said:

I don't want to be that guy, but...why are they getting paid in the first place?

VHLM GMs originally got paid because back in the day no one wanted to be a GM/ we didn't have enough actives so we had to provide an incentive to have people take the job

I no longer think we need to provide that incentive

4 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

VHLM GMs originally got paid because back in the day no one wanted to be a GM/ we didn't have enough actives so we had to provide an incentive to have people take the job

I no longer think we need to provide that incentive

No not VHLM GMs, I mean VHLM aGMs.

And I don't mind paying VHLM GMs since they're an integral part in retainment.