Free Position Change in VHLM

• Head Moderator
2 hours ago, Quik said:

Not really sure about VHLM bots.

As for members being back-ups, that's something they are warned about, heavily (which is where @Tagger's legitimate issue of VHLM goalies drying up comes from). Allowing them to switch to skater allows a pretty big competitive advantage.

In your words, as a GM I can totally steal a great prospect by drafting a goalie who is falling due to the lack of need, to be my "back-up", then having them switch to skater.

I mean the player switching from goalie still needs to AGREE to switch. No different than drafting a dman and converting to F or whatever though.

4 minutes ago, tfong said:

I mean the player switching from goalie still needs to AGREE to switch. No different than drafting a dman and converting to F or whatever though.

Well, yeah, I get that, but it still leaves a potential issue. It's a can of worms that isn't really necessary when goalies are getting enough reminders that they have a free switch available to them if they'd like. And is also why F to D, and vice versa, are limited to a single switch. Too easy to exploit potential advantages like a GM giving the player extra money each year to switch whenever they need.

• Head Moderator
24 minutes ago, Quik said:

Well, yeah, I get that, but it still leaves a potential issue. It's a can of worms that isn't really necessary when goalies are getting enough reminders that they have a free switch available to them if they'd like. And is also why F to D, and vice versa, are limited to a single switch. Too easy to exploit potential advantages like a GM giving the player extra money each year to switch whenever they need.

Well returning players will know, but someone new to the sim might not realize the gravity of the situation itself. I mean you could even put it as a case by case basis if you want, I just think the option should be there.