Got promoted [1/2]

jRuutu

sales-promotion.jpg?resize=300,296

The day I´m sure everybody in VHL has been waiting for is finally here, Rauno Palo is now playing on the first line! It has been the biggest talking point in Quebec since training camp, when is Rauno Palo going to be released and put into a bigger window? Fans over in the internet have gone as far as collecting names for petition that would get officials of the city of Quebec to talk with the general manager of Quebec about the way Palo and his creativity and wizard-like puckhandling is being suppressed and held down - ´Save Rauno´ was the name of the movement I believe, when I checked last week, the list did not have enough names on it though, but just shows how passionate the fans are.

Hell of a journey to this point, now we all get to enjoy virtual hockey again. I have mostly played on the second line until this point, so in a way, not much is going to change, still going to play a lot, but of course tougher minutes against the other teams top guys and expectations to play well are perhaps the biggest differences between playing on first and second line. Personally, this is a big moment in my career, getting to play center on the first line of a team that has a rich history is a real honor.

ON-CH892_Thumbs_B620_20171024161012.jpg

Just like with most changes, there are some that are against it or at very least bit hesitant.

Why? Is Quebec tanking? Is the general manager out of his mind? Those are questions that have been asked in Quebec lately and I want to thank Beau Louth for the support, but I have full confidence the move is going to be a good one. I can provide playmaking on the first line and Louth brings the second line to a new level with his scoring ability. It´s still early of course, we have played I think six games with the updated lines, won three of them and lost three, but schedule has been a tough one, three times in row against Riga for example, but scoring has been on a solid level, scored 19 goals in those six games and in there was one game where we did not score any goals - the early signs are encouraging.

Looking at the standings right now, Seattle and Riga are number one and two with 20 points, Toronto third with 17 and then New York and Quebec tied at 15 on the fourth and fifth place. Really even in middle at the moment, Helsinki and Calgary have ten points, the last team Davos has four points.

Next few sims are important, if Seattle and Riga keep on winning, they could start to run away and at the same time, if Toronto, New York, and Quebec keep adding points, the playoff spot might slip away from the hands of Helsinki and Calgary. If and when Quebec keeps on firing the puck to the net, I reckon we got a realistic chance to finish in top-3 on the standings this year.