S64 Trivia Week 2 - Results

Victor

• Admin

IMPORTANT: It appears I forgot to make answering every question mandatory so some of you have missed off filling in your username along with your answers. If you submitted answers but are not tagged below, let me know along with when you submitted (e.g. Wednesday afternoon) and I will try to figure out which answers are yours.

Anyway, correct answers:

1. Which of these is a pair co-winners of the playoff MVP trophy?

Brady Stropko and Niklaus Mikaelson is the correct answer, the teammates sharing the award after winning the cup with Seattle in S43. They are not the only co-winners of the trophy, in fact we had co-winners just in S63, but they are the only correct pair out of the 4 options available.

Of the other options: Jochen Walser was the lone winner in S9, his teammate Mike Szatkowski never won the award, J.D Stormwall and Zach Voss both played for Calgary and won, but separately in S18 and S19, and the one that caught a couple people out, Thomas O'Malley was indeed a co-winner in S45 but with Hans Wingate... Milos Denis controversially was the sole winner in S46.

2. Which cup-winning team did so in the fewest playoff games?

The only team to win the Continental Cup in just 9 games, was Calgary back in S19, of whom the only surviving members I believe are myself and Quik. They lost just one game in the first round to Toronto, before sweeping Davos in the finals.

Some people picks S37 Toronto, who also swept the final against Davos, but lost 2 games to Seattle in the conference finals. S25 Davos took 11 games to win it, while S49 Toronto went 4-1, 4-1 in the final two rounds, but also played a first round against New York pushing their total to 16 games.

2 capped TPE goes to:

@oilmandan

@Beketov

@McWolf

@Sharkstrong

@Quik

@Jubo07

@SidTheKid87

@ShawnGlade

@Nykonax

@flyersfan1453

@Velevra

@Esso2264

@Kuch9

@Devise

@majesiu

@Peace

@SlapshotDragon

@Thranduil

@Stoffiday

@Arthur

@Hybrid1486

@DollarAndADream

@BOOM™

@Rocketman04

@Sonnet

@Galdoblame

@Ahma

@Poptart

@Reives

@TMI

@BladeMaiden

@hedgehog337

@Eudaldkp

1 capped TPE goes to:

@Bushito

@diamond_ace

@omgitshim

@AndrewWarren13

@Sova

@.sniffuM

@FBR

@DilIsPickle

@Philliefan

Week 3 questions coming tomorrow! :cheers:

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Bushito said:

@Victor you should use things that can be looked up in our index. I looked for anything on S19 Calgary for hours and found nothing, figured it was a dummy answer

https://vhlforum.com/topic/3384-playoff-indexes-s1-s34/

Alternatively, the playoff MVP that season played 9 games:

S19 Winner

Zach Voss (CGY)
8-1-0 2.12GAA .932SV%

9 minutes ago, Enorama said:

Hoo boy I definitely didn't fill in my username did I. I would have likely submitted on Monday I would think.

No submissions without names on Monday but there are a few on Tuesday.

4 hours ago, Victor said:

No submissions without names on Monday but there are a few on Tuesday.

I'll probably just take the L this week then, I don't know how I can prove one of those was me.

• Admin
4 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

You two are the only ones left from S19 Calgary by exactly one season. I was on S20 Calgary. Jardy, Spangle, Hamza, I think Slobo. Hillsy and Hesje both went to Calgary in the same draft I did.

Hesje was drafted by Calgary but was traded for the pick to draft you - I remember Jardy very much did not want Cam Merrill.

9 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

You two are the only ones left from S19 Calgary by exactly one season. I was on S20 Calgary. Jardy, Spangle, Hamza, I think Slobo. Hillsy and Hesje both went to Calgary in the same draft I did. 

:kermitsip:

6 hours ago, Victor said:

Hesje was drafted by Calgary but was traded for the pick to draft you - I remember Jardy very much did not want Cam Merrill.

Which was the correct decision as Merrill went inactive only about a season later

• Commissioner
14 hours ago, Victor said:

Alternatively, the playoff MVP that season played 9 games:

S19 Winner

Zach Voss (CGY)
8-1-0 2.12GAA .932SV%

FWIW I found that one but the index didn’t worked for S25 so I had to just guess that Davos didn’t sweep both rounds. Wasn’t a perfect system for things I would say. That old stuff can be hit or miss.

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

FWIW I found that one but the index didn’t worked for S25 so I had to just guess that Davos didn’t sweep both rounds. Wasn’t a perfect system for things I would say. That old stuff can be hit or miss.

S25 Playoff Tree

Indexes aren't supposed to be necessary to answer these though, and if you went by Playoff MVP, then S19 was the only one with 9 games.

S25 Winner

Daisuke Kanou (DAV)
8-3-0 1.73GAA .937SV%

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, Quik said:

S25 Playoff Tree

Indexes aren't supposed to be necessary to answer these though, and if you went by Playoff MVP, then S19 was the only one with 9 games.

S25 Winner

Daisuke Kanou (DAV)
8-3-0 1.73GAA .937SV%

That tree is the index though, it’s weird that it loads there but not directly.

Anyway, got it right regardless. Playoff MVP would have been a smart way to do an initial check. On occasion someone from the losing team wins but it’s rare. Could have been a quicker check.

57 minutes ago, Beketov said:

That tree is the index though, it’s weird that it loads there but not directly.

Anyway, got it right regardless. Playoff MVP would have been a smart way to do an initial check. On occasion someone from the losing team wins but it’s rare. Could have been a quicker check.

Weird, I got to the tree from the main index. It worked fine for me.

Was definitely a bit tough, because there's no index for S19. Only reason I knew that was the answer is because that's when Dawson and I signed there with Sauve - the Miami Heat comparisons were fun, if not topical.

• Admin
2 hours ago, Quik said:

Indexes aren't supposed to be necessary to answer these though, and 

I have removed that distinction actually, so long as we still have the index which is the case for S18-present.

Anyway, this was meant to be the easy one to prep you for the real scavenger hunts later on. ;)

• Admin
13 hours ago, Kisshan said:

i got these answers...... did you forget to tag me?

See the top bit - do you remember when you submitted?

16 hours ago, wcats said:

I definitely filled this out and i must've not put my username in Haha. Would've been the same day the questions were posted.

I'll have a look if I can find you tonight.

5 hours ago, Victor said:

See the top bit - do you remember when you submitted?

I'll have a look if I can find you tonight.

Thanks a lot. If not, no big deal. But i totally remember filling it out.

• Admin
46 minutes ago, Kisshan said:

not quite sure but i definetly filled it out with the help of @hedgehog337

I'm feeling nice so you and @wcats and @Enorama can all have 2 capped TPE by linking to this post. (as in there's enough empty slots and not enough people have claimed it for this to be an issue)