The two R-name stars! [1/2]

Riga — One of the most popular moments of Ryuu's career was the time he and the inaugural team of the Halifax 21st, (named after Pier 21 in Halifax), made a surprising run to the Victory Hockey League Minors Finals. But they were swept by the Riga Goalie Kallis Kriketers and the Ottawa Lynx, losing the championship. Well, 6 of the players who signed with Riga were involved in that run. Nathan MacKinnon, Anthony Dabarno, Dylan Nguyen, Ryuu Crimson, Shawn Glade, and last but not least, Rylan Peace. Rylan was a powerhouse in the Minors, having a 40+ season in his last season there. Even though he has had a slower of a start than he wanted, he is better now.

But we didn't make this article to just talk about him. As Halifax fans may know, Ryuu and Rylan were in a line with Dabarno together during that run to the finals. Ryuu and Rylan were phenomenal together, Rylan getting 10 points in the few games he was in the Regular Season as well as 1 playoff point, while Ryuu got 10 points. Despite the fact Rylan didn't assist Ryuu's 2 goals in the playoffs, he was a big part of them, making plays and entering the zone with tons of speed.

During the draft, it was thought that it was time for this amazing line to split. Ryuu and his best friend Dylan were drafted by the Riga Reign. Rylan got drafted.....by Riga! The line would survive! (Except, not entirely as Dabarno is still in the Minors. Replacing him was Mikka Pajari.) Rylan Peace would go on to play in his final season in the Victory Hockey League Minors, (in which he scored 46 goals and had 45 assists to make a impressive point count of 91.) but now he is in the Big Leagues. He spent some time on the top line with Edwin Preencarnacion and Podrick Cast. After some time, he was moved down to join his old pal Ryuu and respected center Mikka Pajari to play on the second line. He currently has 9 points while Ryuu has his 12 points.

When asked about how he felt having Peace on his side, he said, "It's been great. He has been awesome and a big help. He moves the puck fast and well and I'm glad he's on my side once more. despite all of the people I've played with, he is one the most best players offensively and I can't wait to play alongside with him. This guy is the best Right Winger I've ever played with. Well, other than Shephard. I can't wait to witness his future and be right beside him watching."

As well as the run in Halifax, both Ryuu and Rylan are remembered as star wingers of Saskatoon, despite never playing together in Saskatoon. Hopefully, they can be the same stars in Riga.

Ryuu and Rylan have been proven to be dangerous together before. Now can these two Saskatoon Stars be dangerous together again? Only time will tell.