Sign in to follow this  
Trifecta

What keeps you around?

Recommended Posts

I still have no idea why I am still on the VHL. I have been here quite some time, not as long as others but still for many real life years. Time and time again I come on to the site and I think, why am I even here? Like what draws me in to keep me around for so long? Is it the fact that I actually enjoy the community? Is it because I just love causing drama between around the boards or now in the discord? I can't necessarily pinpoint what actually draws me in but there has to be something. I mean for someone to spend almost six real life years on a forum seems a bit much if you ask me. I for one have enjoyed some time here and others I just show up just to say I did. I have done the work and I have sat back and watched. Now luckily for me it is easy to keep me around. I guess that could be a good thing as I don't have to work as hard anymore.

 

I ask to anyone who may end up reading this, what makes you VHL? What keeps you coming back? What do you like about the site? Feel free to let me know why you spend time here and what you enjoy about the site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

I still have no idea why I am still on the VHL. I have been here quite some time, not as long as others but still for many real life years. Time and time again I come on to the site and I think, why am I even here? Like what draws me in to keep me around for so long? Is it the fact that I actually enjoy the community? Is it because I just love causing drama between around the boards or now in the discord? I can't necessarily pinpoint what actually draws me in but there has to be something. I mean for someone to spend almost six real life years on a forum seems a bit much if you ask me. I for one have enjoyed some time here and others I just show up just to say I did. I have done the work and I have sat back and watched. Now luckily for me it is easy to keep me around. I guess that could be a good thing as I don't have to work as hard anymore.

 

I ask to anyone who may end up reading this, what makes you VHL? What keeps you coming back? What do you like about the site? Feel free to let me know why you spend time here and what you enjoy about the site.

@pennypenny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 years, lol, those are rookie numbers :P

 

Generally it’s been the community for me. There’s somewhat of a high seeing a player do well but that tends to not happen for me so I need to get league enjoyment from somewhere else which ends up being the community aspect of it. It’s this weird little thing that has drawn us all together. I enjoy that, for the most part, I get along with people here and feel like I have genuinely met some people while still being my anti-social self. Like I think I could sit down and have a beer with some of you even if @Will keeps dodging my requests haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Beketov said:

6 years, lol, those are rookie numbers :P

 

Generally it’s been the community for me. There’s somewhat of a high seeing a player do well but that tends to not happen for me so I need to get league enjoyment from somewhere else which ends up being the community aspect of it. It’s this weird little thing that has drawn us all together. I enjoy that, for the most part, I get along with people here and feel like I have genuinely met some people while still being my anti-social self. Like I think I could sit down and have a beer with some of you even if @Will keeps dodging my requests haha.

 

Hey not dodging just trying to get you to come to Antigonish 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Will said:

 

Hey not dodging just trying to get you to come to Antigonish 😉

You’re in bloody Halifax all the time damnit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Beketov said:

Like I think I could sit down and have a beer with some of you even if @Will keeps dodging my requests haha.

If it makes you feel better, @Will dodged mine for whenever he comes to Toronto, too lol

 

My players have generally been decent, maybe some nostalgia from the original days. But yeah, generally the community. Hell, the fact that I've known @Beketov @Victor @tfong and a few others who are here today for longer than I've known most people in my life today kinda trips me out, now that I think about it haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me its mainly to hangout and i can still have a relevant character while im on welfare.

 

Discord was also a big factor in me hanging around since it gave me something to do while I was at work. As you may notice i actually am not on the forums much but I'm almost always reachable via discord. 

 

Personally DTF i think you like being here to argue and vent :) But thats just my opinion in the matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Quik said:

it makes you feel better, @Will dodged mine for whenever he comes to Toronto, too lol

 

Did you dodge me in Toronto or what happened there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Victor said:

Did you dodge me in Toronto or what happened there?

Iirc that was right before I left for vacation? Wasn’t able to make it work unfortunately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Quik said:

If it makes you feel better, @Will dodged mine for whenever he comes to Toronto, too lol

 

I don't think I've even been to Toronto (other than for a connection) since I've known you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Will said:

 

I don't think I've even been to Toronto (other than for a connection) since I've known you! 

Haha I was just trying to make @Beketov feel better man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't know why I can't abandon this place. What kept me here before was a challenge I had given to myself to win continental cups with all active franchises and with my last win it is actually completed, so no idea why i'm still here (and even updating welfare )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.