Getting Gritty with It! VSN Exclusive Interview with The Grittiest Player In the VHLM

BladeMaiden

Getting Gritty with It!

VSN Exclusive Interview with The Grittiest Player In the VHLM

It is no secret that the season in the VHLM has gone off with a bang. There seems to be an extra air of competitiveness between the teams this year. New rivals are being made, GMs are Calling each other out and there is a new seasons worth of VHLM rookies and veterans who have one thing on their mind, earning a cup.

Today VSN grabbed an interview with Gritty, One of the Ottawa Lynx’s top players to get his perspective on what is currently going on in the VHLM and to shine a spotlight on this active and talented future VHL star.

I told gritty I would start this interview off easy and asked him what is it like playing for the Ottawa Lynx this season?  He answered;

“It is with great pride that I play for the Lynx, as I believe they are the VHLM's most historic franchise. Many moons ago, my first team on my first player was the Ottawa Ice Dogs, and I have loved them ever since. The team has also had some great GMs over the years in Jardy and Fire Hakstol, and now Diamond Ace: as he is really fun to play for.

You can tell by the way Gritty’s eyes lit up when speaking about the history of the Ottawa Lynx fancies that he truly does consider it an honor to be playing in a franchise that has such deep VHLM roots.

Gritty was then asked where he sees himself going in the draft and what VHL Franchise he would like to join.

“I definitely want to be a first round pick, because it has been so long since I've made a good player, and I want to prove to myself and everyone that I can do it again. As far as teams go, I have had great experiences with @Beaviss and @ShawnGlade so Quebec or Davos would be fun to go to. Other than that I would be pretty happy going anywhere except for New York, I hate the city and all it represents.” ( @Spade18 looks like you can take someone of your draft list.)

It is now in the interview when I warned Gritty I’d be getting to the hard hitting questions. He laughed good naturedly and told me to bring it on in a cavalier type way that is consistent with his fun loving and resilient nature on the ice. I then hit him with the question: Do you think Ottawa should be higher in the standings and why?

A Broad smile crosses his face as he answers, “As long as we make the playoffs, I don't care where we wind up in the regular season standings. The VHLM is all about the playoffs, so the main focus is on getting everyone possible to hit the tpe cap, and then finding which lines have the best chemistry throughout the season.”

At this point in the interview I decide to keep delving further into the harder hitting questions and ask Gritty about his thoughts on his VHLM GM and AGM . Does he think the organization well run?

For a moment everything gets serious and you can almost hear a pin drop in the room. Gritty begins saying “Diamond Ace is one of the most veteran GMs in the VHL, as he has extensive experience with the Calgary Wranglers and different VHLM teams. Strategically, I have full faith in him when it comes to drafting and making trades, and he is active enough in engaging with us that I have no complaints.” You can tell by Gritty’s earnest and serious response to my question that he truly respects Diamond Ace and The Ottawa Organization as a whole.

I clear my throat to ask the next question, and ask Gritty who he sees as his biggest rival.

The mood lightens again as Gritty answers with a wry smile, “We appear to have a rivalry with Vegas, as Robbie @BluObieZ thinks he is funny being a little troll, and their GM @Jubo07 trashes the Lynx to new players. They are having the better of play so far in the regular season, but I think the way Ottawa is built we should have no problems dispatching them come playoff time.”

It is clear that there is a lot going on between Vegas and Ottawa this year. It seems that things have gone beyond GM’s disagreeing on who the most competitive teams will be this year and has trickled down into the dressing room.  I think it is understandable why most VHLM fans would take the side of Gritty in this new budding rivalry between Him and Robbie.

To end the interview on a light note I decided to ask gritty some fun personal questions for the fans to enjoy?

How Well Do You Know Gritty?
Favorite Colour: Green (Not Orange, I think we are all shocked!)
Your #: 7
Where are your from originally? Philadelphia
What other activities do you do in your time off? Demolish other mascots in feats of strength, interrupt Mites on Ice Games and put them in the penalty box, and hang out with Claude Giroux.

Best Buddy on your current team. Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen - He was number one!

(869 words, @eaglesfan036 feel free to claim this as your media spot as I will not be claiming it as mine, your word count was at the 500 mark)

Edited by BladeMaiden