Sonnet

VHLM Newsletter- 18th Edition

Hello, and welcome to Sonnet's first take on a VHLM newsletter!

Hey everyone, and welcome to a long overdue edition of the VHLM Newsletter! It's been a while since one of these has gone out, and it certainly wasn't posted by me, so I suppose I should start out with a short introduction. I'm Sonnet, the newest member of the VHL's recruitment team, so I'll be a familiar face to most of you guys from here on out. I've been on the site now for almost half a year I think, and have taken pretty quickly to learning the ropes of the site, and now I'm taking up the task of spreading some of that knowledge on to you guys. That being said, if you have any questions about the site in general, you're more than welcome to shoot me a PM here or a DM on Discord, or even just tag me in the server.

Speaking of, I would highly recommend connecting to our Discord server! It's the fastest way to get in contact with other members of the league, and the fastest way to get answers to any questions you may have. The link to our server is right here!

I know these newsletters have been infrequent of late, but I'm making it a personal goal of mine to get them out some time between Monday and Wednesday of every week (depending on when trivia goes up), so you guys have plenty of time to check the newsletter and turn in your answers for some free TPE.

With all of the introductions and announcements out of the way, let's get right down to business! As per usual, this newsletter will be broken down into different sections. Those being:

1) Uncapped TPE Opportunities- Any time an opportunity for some TPE arises, we'll make note of it here. Everything in this section can be claimed apart from your weekly 12 capped TPE, so if you're looking to push your player to greater heights, this section will be of high interest to you.

2) League Recap- Each week, we'll take a look at the shape of the VHLM and talk about some of the outstanding news and performances from around the league.

3) TPE Earning Guide- If you're new to the site, this will really help you get into the swing of things. We have a detailed guide on how earning and claiming TPE works, which will be provided toward the bottom of the newsletter every week.

4) Trivia Help- To help you guys learn how to navigate the site, the very bottom of the newsletter will contain some hints on where to find answers for each week's trivia questions! This can be turned in every week for 2 capped TPE, and will also be worth some extra uncapped TPE in the offseason!

Now then, let's get started! For the convenience of any returning readers, I'll mark anything that's brand new with a flashy *NEW* to help you out.

1) Uncapped TPE Opportunities

Weekly Reddit Threads *NEW*

Replacing the old "advertise on another website for TPE" is the new "upvote this Reddit thread for TPE" activity. Reddit is one of the most important recruiting tools we have, and that's largely in part to our users getting some upvotes in on our posts. In order to properly thank you guys for helping us bring in new members, we're offering 1 Uncapped TPE for simply upvoting the provided post and replying as per the given instructions. For full details, you can click the link here and get started on earning 1 free uncapped TPE per week!

Practice Facility

Every week, players in the VHLM are granted 2 free TPE every week for simply posting in the practice facility thread. If you haven't already, go post your player name and "+2" here.

The VHL Fantasy Zone

Every week, players are given the chance to guess the results of upcoming VHL games. This comes in two different forms- the weekly Pick 'Em's (which are worth 2 uncapped TPE for getting all of them correct), and the weekly Score Prediction (which is worth 3 uncapped TPE for getting correct). Even if you don't get it right, it's worth a shot to take a look at the games and give it your best guess! If you want, you can even cheat and copy the guesses of a member that's already posted. This week's results are already up, so be sure to watch the threads next week to get your guesses in!

The VHLM Fantasy Zone

The VHL Fantasy Zone's younger brother allows you to earn even more uncapped TPE for guessing the correct winners and scores. However, these predictions are only available to players within the VHLM, so make use of them while you can! The VHLM Fantasy Zone differs in its TPE rewards, in that the weekly Pick 'Em's are only worth 2 uncapped TPE, but guessing the correct score is worth 4! This week's results are also already up, so keep watch for next week's post to get your predictions in early!

The VHL Lottery

Every week, you can vote on a poll to submit an entry for a weekly VHL lottery drawing. Simply vote on the poll in the thread and you're entered to win both a weekly prize of 3 uncapped TPE, as well as a variety of monthly prizes! You can cast your vote at the link provided here for this week's lottery.

The First Generation Bonus

As a thank you to the newer members for sticking around and participating in the league, we're offering 10 free uncapped TPE for your first player, once they cross the 100 TPE milestone! If you've passed that mark, or are about to pass that mark, make a post in this thread and use it to submit an update. To make the job of the updaters easier, please select "Other" when applying the update and fill out the box as seen below:

o05SkK9.png&key=69fd7efd2607479b569a7a86b9fbbb1d772a78dcbcd4af27d36deb8b4aae6241

2) League Recap

Things are getting interesting as teams are starting to line out, and really show where they belong in the standings. Currently, the Las Vegas Aces are in first, trailed by the Halifax 21st and the Oslo Storm, in that order. The Storm, with their incredibly strong presence in this year's dispersal draft, were projected to be frontrunners for the Founder's Cup this year. However, Las Vegas and Halifax seem to have found success in their waiver signings and returning players from S64. 

Right now, Diljodh, a returning S64 player for the Oslo Storm, is leading the league in points with 43. Anton Edvin, a new addition to the Halifax 21st via a trade, is the leader in goals with 21 (fittingly enough). Jagger Philliefan is leading the league in assists with 28.

Three players have currently surpassed the 100 hit mark- those being Evgeni Komarov (with 118), Viktor Kozlov (with 103), and Bolt Vanderhuge (with 101). Two of these three, Kozlov and Vanderhuge, are part of the 2nd place Halifax 21st. Notably, Kozlov is the only forward in the top 3 hits leaders so far this season, and sits a comfortable 19 hits ahead from the next highest forward.

In the race for the Deveraux trophy, Tyler Smith (HFX), Kevin Weekes (LVA), and Divaani Sohva (OSL) are all within reach of the prestigious title of top goaltender. Rightfully so- all three goaltenders have played in the VHLM in previous seasons, NONE of them are rookies. None of the three goalies seems to be a clear frontrunner, since their stat lines are so similar, but it looks like Tyler Smith of the Halifax 21st might have a slight edge over the other two. It's too early to tell, though, so we'll have to keep an eye on this race to see where they all end up.

3) TPE Earning Guide

Each week, you can earn up to 12 capped TPE for submitting Point Tasks, or PTs. The following guide should help you learn what to do in terms of creating, submitting, and claiming a PT! Personally, this is my favorite part of the newsletter, because it's the same copy+paste every week ;)

I've included everything in a spoiler box here to reduce some of the clutter, so if this part of the newsletter is relevant to you, jut open the spoiler below!

Spoiler

Recruitment 

Recruiting new members to the league not only helps the league by filling out team’s rosters, but it also sets you up to earn some lucrative TPE! To find out more about the rewards for recruiting members, go HERE. On top of that, there is a 1 uncapped TPE reward for upvoting a Reddit thread that can be earned every week.

Weekly Capped Point Task Opportunities (You Can Earn Up To 12 TPE From The Following)

-          You can submit either a Media article of 500 wordsa Graphic or a ten minute Podcast for 6 TPE. If you don’t have time to submit for any of these this week though, there is Welfare available to claim for at least 4 TPE.

-          You can submit either a 150 word article/Player Card for 2 TPE or you can submit a five minute Podcast for 3 TPE.

-          You can get a maximum of 2 TPE by answering and asking questions in the Press Conferences. If you are short of answers, you can answer questions in the VHLM Press Conference for 2 TPE.

-          You can receive a maximum of 2 TPE by reviewing other people’s Media/Graphics/Podcasts. Check out the guide to reviewing HERE.

-          It's not up yet this week, but once the season gets going, there will be weekly VHL Trivia where you will be asked two VHL-related questions, answer both correctly and you will earn 2 TPE for the week. In addition, players will be able to earn up to 6 uncapped TPE at the end of the season, 1 TPE for every week they submitted for trivia. 

Uncapped Point Task Opportunities

-          There is 2 TPE to be earned from posting in this week’s Practice Facility

-          There is the VHLM Pickem and Predict the Score (in the VHLM Fantasy Zone) if you correctly guess the results, you will earn uncapped TPE for your player! You'll be able to participate in the VHL Fantasy Zone as well.

-           The lottery allows you to enter the poll that gives you a chance of winning 3 uncapped TPE this week and enters you into a monthly draw for even bigger prizes!

-          You can submit a 500 word Rookie Profile for 8 TPE and a 1000 word Biography for 10 TPE. These two are one time only point tasks.

-          If you haven't already, make sure to spend some of your contract/sponsorship money on the First Generation Package in the Player Store. It's an exceptionally cheap purchase that gives you five uncapped TPE.

Video Tutorial

This is a video tutorial of how to improve your player through point tasks that I made about two months ago. The idea was that we were going to have this edited to a better standard before the Season 64 Draft, but that hasn't come to pass yet, so I'll just release the raw footage for now. If you need timestamps for something in particular, here they are:

Capped TPE

0:27 - Overview of Capped TPE
1:38 - Media Spots
2:39 - Graphics
4:16 - Podcast
5:09 - VHL.com/Player Cards/VHL Radio
7:06 - Press Conferences
9:00 - Trivia
11:59 - Reviewing
13:22 - Jobs
14:13 - Welfare

Uncapped TPE
16:14 - VHL/VHLM Fantasy Zone
17:08 - Practice Facility
17:44 - Yearly Award Predictions
18:35 - VHFL
19:33 - VHL Lottery
20:35 - Rookie Profile
21:21 - Biography
22:30 - Donations (Now out of date)

Adding TPE to your Player
24:00 - Updating

4) Trivia Help *NEW*

And of course, one of the main attractions of the newsletter- weekly trivia help! As you know, trivia is worth 2 uncapped TPE per week, and is also eligible for uncapped rewards at the end of the year. This week's trivia can be found here.

1) Which member has won the most individual awards with their players?

This one is pretty easy to find, because a spreadsheet exists with all of the relevant information. Just open it up and look for all of your answer choices, and pick the one with the most awards.

2) Which of these players did NOT win a Continental Cup with Davos?

So this one requires the use of two different resources: the Continental Cups by Player and Member spreadsheet, and the Hall of Fame page on the portal that shows all of the past Continental Cup Champions, and their respective rosters. This will take some more time, since you'll need to look up each answer choice in the spreadsheet, check which seasons they won a cup, and head over to the Hall of Fame entry to see which team won the cup in each season. The answer will be the player that won a cup in a season where Davos didn't.

And that concludes my first ever VHLM Newsletter! It's safe to say that I'm pretty exhausted, but I'll be back at it again early next week to make sure you guys get a better jump on some of the weekly TPE tasks. Feel free to let me know how I did, what I can add, and even what I could improve on. Until then, feel free to approach me if you need any help navigating the site and such!

@Recruitment Crew

Spoiler

@speck1447 @Toasty @Sturg @ETCanucklehead @Rocketman04 @wcats @Eparker24 @Froobydoo @nymets5 @Rykonen @Matt_O @Antone10 @NathanN @NickSunderbruch @Brolaski @evrydayimbyfuglien @tequbs @Fizzwidget @Bonzaijoe @Lefty

@Pelimies @Eudaldkp @Trifecta @DilIsPickle @Tim @SupaStu @dora @Philliefan @Ty343 @SwagSloth @JayF @Tiler94 @Sohva

@803 @BBNAT @handfullofbubba @Dvich86 @JG10 @JSS @Sublime @Jtww @NightHawk_787 @Tacocat @RyanZabby @Brock Boeser @HasekFan94 @Snussu

@The_nameless_man @DaftRaincloud @Ckbruinfan @Rollzey @Infernal @Gooningitup @Felixf21 @Joobles @eaglesfan036 @IniquitY @xsjack @Fowll @ShawnGlade @TMI @Luke Allman @FBR @TacticalHammer @Rzerk @Wololo @Fire Hakstol @TMG1017 @Devise

@Kachur @Doomzday @caltroit_red_flames @kegoo11 @Toast @CurtisG93 @oldmanfreeman @Kip Baier @T65 @Prabh Ria @Sidhu @TrevorC11 @Jeffrey Wickersty

@kayfabe @NikEhlers27 @Evans @Zeniaz @Bear @Harold McTaggart @Hunter @Jad @Slappy1039 @Thranduil @Flare @Aero @bagelbitesisbae @Arayvenn @Bucky___lastard @Kuch9 @Chase Klein @DrHexDex

The tags got fucked up and we have no clue how much difference there is between these lists, so have another cluster

@Fire Hakstol @Tim @TacticalHammer @Eudaldkp @eaglesfan036 @Arch Stanton @Jad @jastep @Canadian_allstar @Viperxhawks19 @dgibs @Trifecta @speck1447 @Ryan Faid @Universe @Heckefar @nathan855mckay @Blades500 @Nizzx @lepavaa @Troix @Vijay Patel @Dallaszeek @Canucks23 @tjmckenna22 @Ckbruinfan @FBR @sboopy @Hawzy @Bated @Chesterfield @Skull @Maladus42 @Ninenine222 @Paul Wilkinson @kegoo11 @Chuck @Fevan @huntax0 @Gimmix @Gablae @Bonzaijoe @IgorPetrovic @murdockdm @Palmtoptiger @Foyboydahgoat @Brolaski @Halfchubfightclub @Harold McTaggart @Everlast73 @Bucky___lastard @btrav @Felixf21 @Jimmy October @Thomas Wilson @Gabella19 @MaceDouglas @mattymoo271 @Abdul Razzaq @Slappy1039 @SkeddaniusJunior @xsjack @Kuch9 @largenarbo @Szimanski @jrdwdmn @nawkturnal @Luke Allman @Erebrew @Chase Klein @NIKEJWN @Antone10 @Infernal @Dvich86 @HasekFan94 @oldmanfreeman @Sidhu @Prabh Ria @Jeffrey Wickersty @Bear @handfullofbubba @Snussu @Anthony Matthews @Consider_Me_OP @Hippie28 @BluObieZ @WhiteMocha @Bully22 @luke5299 @Woodsworth @smammy2ck @Kazuzu @Tak @Chicken Little @Scrogs @Dominic Brassard @OneBuffalo1230 @bucktown @hum0r_ha @nick_716 @tunedtorock @THS @Bushito @Sharkstrong @Gared123456 @jDubzzz @starboi @mu19mc2 @Sixersfan549 @Stray Games @rskinner2228 @Galdoblame @lfdorais @Sogarn @Goonie @Pekka Rinne @Jakob Kelob @Papa Bless' Memes @kotkaniemiisbae @Bagels @Mise @Penner9415 @DrunnkPANDAA @Mat Reimer @ziggyziobob @jacobaa19 @Dingle @sean @Marcel @MrCringleberries @Benson @Lightningyamasha @Panther10 @Pipe663 @cynftwproductions @The-OG-Of-Rivia @Peacock @ManualSamual @Cmk_ @Bandit @Scead Simmons

Edited by Sonnet

15 hours ago, Sonnet said:

Things are getting interesting as teams are starting to line out, and really show where they belong in the standings. Currently, the Las Vegas Aces are in first, trailed by the Halifax 21st and the Oslo Storm, in that order. The Storm, with their incredibly strong presence in this year's dispersal draft, were projected to be frontrunners for the Founder's Cup this year. However, Las Vegas and Halifax seem to have found success in their waiver signings and returning players from S64. 

Right now, Diljodh, a returning S64 player for the Oslo Storm, is leading the league in points with 43. Anton Edvin, a new addition to the Halifax 21st via a trade, is the leader in goals with 21 (fittingly enough). Jagger Philliefan is leading the league in assists with 28.

Three players have currently surpassed the 100 hit mark- those being Evgeni Komarov (with 118), Viktor Kozlov (with 103), and Bolt Vanderhuge (with 101). Two of these three, Kozlov and Vanderhuge, are part of the 2nd place Halifax 21st. Notably, Kozlov is the only forward in the top 3 hits leaders so far this season, and sits a comfortable 19 hits ahead from the next highest forward.

In the race for the Deveraux trophy, Tyler Smith (HFX), Kevin Weekes (LVA), and Divaani Sohva (OSL) are all within reach of the prestigious title of top goaltender. Rightfully so- all three goaltenders have played in the VHLM in previous seasons, NONE of them are rookies. None of the three goalies seems to be a clear frontrunner, since their stat lines are so similar, but it looks like Tyler Smith of the Halifax 21st might have a slight edge over the other two. It's too early to tell, though, so we'll have to keep an eye on this race to see where they all end up.

bootleg vhlm scoped.

Edited by Nykonax