Quik

Keaton Louth Rule

11 hours ago, Beketov said:

What do you mean what was agreed on before the season? The OP of this topic has literally always stated losing playoff games as a possibility.

And yes, it’s olenty easy to not think nefarious shit is at play. Literally what benefit would there be for us to screw Quebec? Any time any kind of co spits you like this comes you i have the same reaponse: it would literally not be worth it for us. I’m not gonna risk the integrity of the league to screw over Quebec, or anyone else. Especially in a situation like this where we didn’t even have co trip over what happened. Had Beaviss put his backup in enough there wouldn’t have been an issue.

You’re trying to turn this into some huge thing that it isn’t, plain and simple.

When you made GMs and people know this is the year when punishments will be handed out in full force - before this season?

There is no benefit, that is the point. Some people just like to see what happens when they do option A instead of option B. The integrity of the league should always be questioned when something like this happens.

If I take the time and try to be active in this league, but then when the final show is about to start with playoffs, something is directly blocking me from fully enjoying the experience, I´m going to moan about it.

37 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

The integrity of the league should always be questioned when something like this happens.

"the integrity of the league should always be questioned" when actions are taken in the context of rules being broken? do i get that right?

2 hours ago, jRuutu said:

When you made GMs and people know this is the year when punishments will be handed out in full force - before this season?

There is no benefit, that is the point. Some people just like to see what happens when they do option A instead of option B. The integrity of the league should always be questioned when something like this happens.

If I take the time and try to be active in this league, but then when the final show is about to start with playoffs, something is directly blocking me from fully enjoying the experience, I´m going to moan about it.

So basically you’re arguing a conspiracy and the league is against you because we didn’t decide to punish in a different way even though the way we did lunish was completely laid out as an option originally? Am I reading that right?

I promise you, I make no decisions with the intention of trying to piss people off. However every decision will upset someone, it’s the nature of the beast. You and Arthur got upset about the playoff games being taken but I guarantee others in the league would have seen it as getting off easy if we simply took a draft pick or something.

The option was there as laid out by the OP. I’m sorry if you disagree with it but it was part of the punishments that were decided upon by the league and announced before the season started. Everyone, GM’s most of all, knew about it.

3 hours ago, troy said:

"the integrity of the league should always be questioned" when actions are taken in the context of rules being broken? do i get that right?

Yes?

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

So basically you’re arguing a conspiracy and the league is against you because we didn’t decide to punish in a different way even though the way we did lunish was completely laid out as an option originally? Am I reading that right?

I promise you, I make no decisions with the intention of trying to piss people off. However every decision will upset someone, it’s the nature of the beast. You and Arthur got upset about the playoff games being taken but I guarantee others in the league would have seen it as getting off easy if we simply took a draft pick or something.

The option was there as laid out by the OP. I’m sorry if you disagree with it but it was part of the punishments that were decided upon by the league and announced before the season started. Everyone, GM’s most of all, knew about it.

Yes?  Not against me directly, but since I´m part of the team - it had a effect on me. Even if you laid out 18 different options for punishment and this is still the one you picked up from the pile, I´m going to ask why and/or moan about it.

I have hard time believing that anybody would be upset with more backup games next year type of penalty or even with the cap or pick penalties.( In this case, not in the extreme ones)

8 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Yes?

Yes?  Not against me directly, but since I´m part of the team - it had a effect on me. Even if you laid out 18 different options for punishment and this is still the one you picked up from the pile, I´m going to ask why and/or moan about it.

I have hard time believing that anybody would be upset with more backup games next year type of penalty or even with the cap or pick penalties.( In this case, not in the extreme ones)

I don't understand how you can have a problem with a rule being enforced as it was agreed upon, before the start of the season. No new rule was dropped on any GM that had no idea about it, nor was any punishment decided upon in any unfair manner. Nobody with a connection or any biases made the decision to choose this punishment. And it was a punishment among the list of punishments that GM's who made the playoffs knew would be selected. 

The whole idea behind punishing GM's for not putting back ups in was agreed upon to be harsh, so as to EVER have to avoid it again. This season sets a great precedent for that, since while it is the first season it was punished for, all of this was laid out near the deadline last season and this rule was formally announced before hand. 

I'm not saying you don't have a right to moan. It sucks. It sucks to have your playoffs tainted with a back up goalie in net instead of your starter. But it's the rules. Was determined to be as such before the season (and agreed upon by all participating parties) and will be the rules going forward. Argument wise, there is no leg to stand on here. You can disagree with the decision all you want but it was made fairly and justly and it's pretty much that. 

If you wanted to make a larger debate about why back ups should even be played at all, feel free. But the reason we wound up with these rulesets is because the majority or the larger consensus determined that mandatory back up games was in the spirit of the league, and obviously agreed that harsher punishments for not meeting them would be in order starting with this season. 

3 hours ago, Devise said:

I don't understand how you can have a problem with a rule being enforced as it was agreed upon, before the start of the season. No new rule was dropped on any GM that had no idea about it, nor was any punishment decided upon in any unfair manner. Nobody with a connection or any biases made the decision to choose this punishment. And it was a punishment among the list of punishments that GM's who made the playoffs knew would be selected. 

The whole idea behind punishing GM's for not putting back ups in was agreed upon to be harsh, so as to EVER have to avoid it again. This season sets a great precedent for that, since while it is the first season it was punished for, all of this was laid out near the deadline last season and this rule was formally announced before hand. 

I'm not saying you don't have a right to moan. It sucks. It sucks to have your playoffs tainted with a back up goalie in net instead of your starter. But it's the rules. Was determined to be as such before the season (and agreed upon by all participating parties) and will be the rules going forward. Argument wise, there is no leg to stand on here. You can disagree with the decision all you want but it was made fairly and justly and it's pretty much that. 

If you wanted to make a larger debate about why back ups should even be played at all, feel free. But the reason we wound up with these rulesets is because the majority or the larger consensus determined that mandatory back up games was in the spirit of the league, and obviously agreed that harsher punishments for not meeting them would be in order starting with this season. 

Over the top punishment for silly rule, that is what I have problem with. No problem with VHL punishing for breaking the rules.

The actual rule that you have to play backup 8 games is silly, the fact that it´s so important to the league that go to punishment to make sure it´s followed is to punish the whole team by playing whatever missed games in the playoffs with a backup is crazy. In the spirit of the league, the best of the best should go against each other in the playoffs and if there is a need to punish a GM over something trivial, it´s done in some other way. BUT if this is the only way, so be it.

Hopefully there is no more incidents like this.