Is Vesto Slipher Any Good?

Hybrid1486

With the VHL season about a third of the way to the finish line, Helsinki Titans winger Vesto Slipher is on a career-high pace for goals (35), assists (40), and points (75). He's been a mediocre presence on a struggling Titans squad that came into the season with high hopes but is only now beginning to turn things around in the standings. This begs the question: is Slipher a good player?

His stats are mostly in line with where he ranks among the league's most talented players, as he ranks 20th in TPE among non-goaltenders while sitting in a logjam for 15th in the league in scoring with 28 points. The Titans are still developing alongside him, most notably his linemate and talented-but-raw rookie Kronos Bailey. That said, he doesn't seem to be the kind of player who can elevate his squad from the depths of mediocrity to contender status. Fortunately, the team is beginning to come together on its own and he may not need to be that presence. As a complimentary piece, he'll be just fine, but what's that worth in today's VHL? Does one need to carry his team to be a star, or is the most complimentary of pieces just as good as anyone else?

A free agent, as in one I don't have to trade a draft pick for? Yes please! :P In all seriousness :tor: will obviously have interest if you hit the open market. 

Edited by Devise

On 1/14/2019 at 12:08 AM, Devise said:

A free agent, as in one I don't have to trade a draft pick for? Yes please! :P In all seriousness :tor: will obviously have interest if you hit the open market. 

I mean, this is pretty much the definition of tampering...