Mark Gebauer finds his grove

Sova

In so far Mark Gebauer has been more than struggling to adapt to the majors league but now he seems to have broken his drought and had two strong outings back to back. When you observe his game you can clearly see that his understanding of where to position himself on the ice has clearly improved which creates a lot more scoring opportunities for himself or his team. This sudden rise in hockey IQ seems to have come almost out of nowhere so we talked with the rookie after his last game.

"Mark in the last 2 games you have seemed to have been playing quite differently compared to how you played before so I want to ask you what changed?"

"Well you know I now started Imagining a certain face on the puck so I think my shots got a bit faster which helps and also I watched a bit of tape so I guess that helped."

"You don't sound so happy is your performance still bothering you?"

"No, I just think I can do better and I hope I will so we will see I guess just keep practising."

Mark seemed to not be quite so happy with his performance and wasn't willing to give us any more insight but who can blame him he has a 6% shooting percentage even though he has quite a good shot for a rookie but we will see how this develops and we can just hope he keeps up the pace he had in the last games and maybe he can turn the season around"