Fantasy Football Help Thread

TurnDaddy

Figured a majority of us play fantasy football, so why not start a thread where we can pick each others brains on certain moves and setting our rosters.

Usually I feel pretty confident in my selections week to week, but this one is kind of bothering me.

I'm hurting at RB.

Steven Jackson-Out.

McFadden-Out

Bell-Bye

The only good back I have left is Trent Richardson. I was stupid and started Ogbon whoever the fuck you spell it and he got me a whopping 0.

My question is this: At WR I have Torrey Smith, Dre Johnson and have Decker in my flex.

Do I swap out Decker into my WR spot for Dre(hurting still and goes up against SF), put Dre on the bench and then start Blount in my flex considering he is the #1 back this week for New England?

And for what it's worth if I had had Blount before Thursday I would of put him in over Chris, but I got busy at work and couldn't step away to make a pick up. :/

IMO, start the 3 WR's and leave Blount on the bench. He faces a stiff Bengals D, and Johnson remains a must-start based on his heavy workload of 34 catches (tied for NFL lead) and 46 targets (third in NFL) this season. Blount will probably be the lead back, but he needs huge holes to run through, plus Bolden is their passing downs back. I'm being forced to start Blount in one league, but if I had those 3 receivers, I'd roll with them.

Sorry I should mention I rejected the trade because of the injury. I was tempted because Ray Rice has been anything but amazing this year. I have Mendenhall and Jonathan Franklin as my other backs

Sorry I should mention I rejected the trade because of the injury. I was tempted because Ray Rice has been anything but amazing this year. I have Mendenhall and Jonathan Franklin as my other backs

Rice will pick up his game with his coach stating he will get his best player more involved in the games and you saw that this past Sunday. Rice is easily the best you have.

Rice and Woods are far more valuable, Bradshaw is done and you can replace a Woods off the waivers if need be.

Here is my argument though. If Bradshaw wasnt done, and you say Woods can be replaced. Wouldn't that mean Woods can be trade bait like that? Ray Rice has something like 168 yards in 5 games and 2 fumbles...

Jesus, how many teams in this league Joey? Mendenhall and Franklin,....yuck.

There are 20 teams. The GM's are all Head Coaches around the Vancouver area for different highschool programs. I've been in the league for 5 seasons now and these guys are very sharp and know their rosters fairly well.

Heres some insight into how the rosters were in terms of depth. My Opening day WR Rosters: Welker, Hilton, Sanders, Woods and Kenny Wheaton. I have since dropped Wheaton for Hankerson.

Here is my argument though. If Bradshaw wasnt done, and you say Woods can be replaced. Wouldn't that mean Woods can be trade bait like that? Ray Rice has something like 168 yards in 5 games and 2 fumbles...

I'm telling you getting rid of Rice would be a mistake, the week after Harbaugh said he was going to see a significant increase in touches he put up 74 yeards and 2 TDs, almost doubled his season yardage totals in one game

My full lineup:

Matt Ryan

Philip Rivers

Ray Rice

Mendenhall

Franklin

Welker

Hilton

Sanders

Woods

Hankerson

Zach Miller

Garrett Graham

Phil Dawson

DL- Ninkovich

LB- Woodyard

LB- Greenway

DB- Bethea

DB- Major Wright

I had Patrick Peterson but he wasnt doing anything. On average you get about 12 PTS a week from the 3 DEF players you dress.

Woods isn't going to be getting much until EJ comes back from injury..

I might do this trade Wilson or Newton and Garçon (me) for Larry Fitzgerald.

Fitz is back, and TY Hilton seems to be back in Luck's good books, so with 2 good QB's, do you see Fitz as an upgrade over Garcon? Do you have your eye on anyone via waivers with the spare spot you'd have?

I'm telling you getting rid of Rice would be a mistake, the week after Harbaugh said he was going to see a significant increase in touches he put up 74 yeards and 2 TDs, almost doubled his season yardage totals in one game

Oh I know, but doubling it wasnt that hard seeing as it was 76 before the week started. The thing I worry about is the 2 Fumbles. I already have Mendenhall on the roster who has fumbled twice as well. Fumbles are -4 PTS.

You're Brennan.

Ooops, I misunderstood the direction of players....keep Ray Rice Joey.

Yeah I did, rejected the trade. Just puzzling at how I take an upperhand in this league. Every week seems like a dog fight for points. I've had some back luck with Mendenhall coming into the season unhealthy, Rice not playing very well and Emmanual Sanders being used anywhere but the redzone by the Steelers. Also Matt Ryan and Philip Rivers is a toss up each week. 

Fitz is back, and TY Hilton seems to be back in Luck's good books, so with 2 good QB's, do you see Fitz as an upgrade over Garcon? Do you have your eye on anyone via waivers with the spare spot you'd have?

Well my roster is:

QB: Wilson/Newton (depending on who is playing)

RB: D. Murray

WR: Calvin Johnson

WR: Julio Jones

WR/RB: Garcon/LeVeon Bell

TE: Finley

D: Bengals

K: Janakowski

Yeah I did, rejected the trade. Just puzzling at how I take an upperhand in this league. Every week seems like a dog fight for points. I've had some back luck with Mendenhall coming into the season unhealthy, Rice not playing very well and Emmanual Sanders being used anywhere but the redzone by the Steelers. Also Matt Ryan and Philip Rivers is a toss up each week. 

Both Ryan's top two receivers are hurt so I'd say he's lost this season and I'd go with Rivers from here on out, Sanders wil get his touches when Big Ben is done slapping hookers. Your team is pretty good for a 20 team league.