Blake Makes Team USA!

TMI

This time last year Kyson Blake was just getting acquainted with the VHL, the city of Saskatoon, and his new teammates.  Now fast forward a year later and Kyson Blake has been named a member of the Team USA World Juniors team!  Since the announcement Blake has been asked a few times about this and here's what he had to say:

"Man I'm so excited for this opportunity and I couldn't be more proud to be named to the Team USA squad.  Last year I got to take in the excitement with some of my teammates as they were announced for their respective country teams.  I remember when Brick Wahl got selected, I was so happy for him.  Of course deep down I had hoped that I would be selected, but I wasn't going to let it get me down if I wasn't; I've got a lot more important things to worry about in the present."

What Blake meant by more important things though was worrying about Ottawa and how they're currently doing. Blake being the senior member coming off of a championship season with Saskatoon, has taken more of a leadership role with his teammates out on the ice hoping to leave them with a good example after his gone, which is also part of the reason I'm told he was chosen for the WJC team.