Are so many tournaments good for the league?

Beketov

• Commissioner

I gotta write about the WJC this week because otherwise I don’t get bonus points, so I’m gonna do that, but in my own fashion. I’m an old rambly man, I cant just talk about these youngin’s as if I fully know what’s going on with them. What do you take me for, the VHLM simmer or something?

Anyway, back in my day we had the World Cup every 2nd off-season and that was about it. Also for awhile the VHLM was simmed as the actual farm system of the VHL so literally it was just 1 simmer doing everything. Was hard on them for sure but was the easy days comparatively for everyone else. Now though we have to try and keep things interesting at all times so we have tournaments and extra sims out the wazoo. The World Cup still runs but now the sponsor’s shield runs on years it doesn’t and the World Juniors run in the middle of every season. Plus the VHL and VHLM simming are separated. In some ways this is great, more games to look at, but in other ways it’s a nuissance. Notice how the WJC hasn’t started yet? That’s because we’re not sure where @Devise has gotten to since he’s our backup / extra stuff simmer. Normal sims also suffer a bit any time @Will has a busy week.

Anyway, I’m rambling, let’s keep this focussed. I guess I wonder if having so many tournaments is a good way to burn simmers out faster. Having to constantly have sims running and changing lines and everything on a daily basis can become quite a lot eventually. On top of that, as we saw with the first Sponsor’s Shield, do people really pay that much attention? I don’t know. I love having the WC but it starts to feel like a lot eventually. Maybe I’m just a grumpy old man yelling at the kids to get off my lawn though.

What are your thoughts?

P.S I have faith in @Jubo07, he hasn’t lost an international tournament yet so I think Canada is gonna get the threepeat in the WJC whenever that takes place.

P.P.S Since it takes so much work for @Beaviss to run the All-Star Game the way he had been I think we should go back to doing it in STHS but we should definitely bring it back. that’s a conversation for another time though.

15 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I gotta write about the WJC this week because otherwise I don’t get bonus points, so I’m gonna do that, but in my own fashion. I’m an old rambly man, I cant just talk about these youngin’s as if I fully know what’s going on with them. What do you take me for, the VHLM simmer or something?

Anyway, back in my day we had the World Cup every 2nd off-season and that was about it. Also for awhile the VHLM was simmed as the actual farm system of the VHL so literally it was just 1 simmer doing everything. Was hard on them for sure but was the easy days comparatively for everyone else. Now though we have to try and keep things interesting at all times so we have tournaments and extra sims out the wazoo. The World Cup still runs but now the sponsor’s shield runs on years it doesn’t and the World Juniors run in the middle of every season. Plus the VHL and VHLM simming are separated. In some ways this is great, more games to look at, but in other ways it’s a nuissance. Notice how the WJC hasn’t started yet? That’s because we’re not sure where @Devise has gotten to since he’s our backup / extra stuff simmer. Normal sims also suffer a bit any time @Will has a busy week.

Anyway, I’m rambling, let’s keep this focussed. I guess I wonder if having so many tournaments is a good way to burn simmers out faster. Having to constantly have sims running and changing lines and everything on a daily basis can become quite a lot eventually. On top of that, as we saw with the first Sponsor’s Shield, do people really pay that much attention? I don’t know. I love having the WC but it starts to feel like a lot eventually. Maybe I’m just a grumpy old man yelling at the kids to get off my lawn though.

What are your thoughts?

P.S I have faith in @Jubo07, he hasn’t lost an international tournament yet so I think Canada is gonna get the threepeat in the WJC whenever that takes place.

P.P.S Since it takes so much work for @Beaviss to run the All-Star Game the way he had been I think we should go back to doing it in STHS but we should definitely bring it back. that’s a conversation for another time though.

I don't mind running the all Star game it just really sucks when It comes to creating all the players after every new game comes out.

5 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

I don't mind running the all Star game it just really sucks when It comes to creating all the players after every new game comes out.

or just run it on the same game for like 2 years then upgrade

also WJC and WC I like. We don't need Sponsors Shield though. I like brands but they should've been taken another way

• Admin

WJC is good for the players with less TPE for sure, I think it has a positive impact. Especially with so many VHL teams stacked now in terms of roster sizes, the first few seasons can be a slog for anyone that's not an instant star.

WC is a staple so it comes down to the Sponsor's Shield, which I'm willing to give time but the arguments are stacking up against it.

2 hours ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

Ill tell ya what we need...free TPE  (1-2)  uncapped per week if members send pics of their alcohol in hand on either Beerday, Zambukaday or Rumday! ?????

So for someone like me that’s a free 7-14 TPE a week. Lol

Don’t feed the addiction like that! 

On 1/19/2019 at 1:07 PM, Victor said:

WJC is good for the players with less TPE for sure, I think it has a positive impact. Especially with so many VHL teams stacked now in terms of roster sizes, the first few seasons can be a slog for anyone that's not an instant star.

WC is a staple so it comes down to the Sponsor's Shield, which I'm willing to give time but the arguments are stacking up against it.

This sums up my feelings pretty well regarding the topic.