VSN - Updaters on Thin Ice

Nykonax

VHL Updaters are on thin ice after a recent discovery by @DilIsPickle. VHL Netminder Chase has been stealing tpe from right under our noses.

https://vhlportal.com/players/goaliefocus/1395

as you can see in his update log he has double claimed many things, and claimed things that shouldnt even be allowed to claim. Lets break this thief's stealings down by week.

Week 1

Chase's first week in the league, he instantly goes off and claims, but he doesn't do any illegal claiming, not while McWolf is on the watch this time.

Week 2

Chase immediatley gets to work,  he claims press conference 3 times. 2 1 tpe claims for questions, and another 2 tpe for answering questions. What's even better is that he answered his own questions in MY press conference thread.

Week 3

Chase, a VHLM goalie, somehow makes a claim in the Legion's Training Camp and it gets accepted. THATS A HUGE STEAL OF 10 UNCAPPED. He claims the normal press conference and practice facility though, not wanting to go too far with his thievery.

Week 4

On Eno's watch, this burglar is able to claim practice facility twice! Even more undeserved tpe that has snuck past the updaters.

Week 5

Now this week, his most recent heist has been claiming welfare and graphic in the same week! Thats free uncapped tpe, that us law abiding vhlers work hard for. We can't let this thievery go on!

Updaters need to be trained, anyone could do this and inflate the TPE economy. In this situation memes have come out making fun of the updaters. This needs to be stopped. Someone has to do something before this goes too far....

Memes:

54DEA28B-8D87-49A4-8FCE-CBCA406C9C5E.jpeg

94931F67-AB3C-40CC-98FC-7248607645E5.jpeg

Courtesy of Dil and I

Edited by Nykonax

Not that it matters, but Dil didn't discover this. McWolf and I both knew about this way before Dil and it was only after he joined Halifax before he found out and told everyone.

Edited by Thranduil

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, Thranduil said:

Not that it matters, but Dil didn't discover this. McWolf and I both knew about this way before Dil and it was only after he joined Halifax before he found out and told everyone.

Honestly that does matter. If people knew about this before they should have brought it to the league’s attention before. We don’t go through and spot check everyone’s past updates, we trust that our updates are doing that as they go. So if you know there’s a massive breach of rules like this we need it brought to our attention.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

Honestly that does matter. If people knew about this before they should have brought it to the league’s attention before. We don’t go through and spot check everyone’s past updates, we trust that our updates are doing that as they go. So if you know there’s a massive breach of rules like this we need it brought to our attention. 

Yeah I thought about telling some staff. I thought I would try PMing this guy first to tell him but he didn't respond to my messages. At the time I didn't realize that he had multiple weeks of double-claiming, just noticed the welfare / graphic one and thought it a minor issue. If I see something like this again I'll be sure to let someone know.

• 2 weeks later...