S64 Trivia Week 5

Victor

• Admin

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepaf5LpiDCBRnSpdYQf7KgJYLDZq2T4IVD6GYESwwBs1Q9sQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

^ fill out the thing

1. Don't post the answers below - your post will be deleted and you will be disqualified from TPE this week.

2. It's the same 2 questions for everyone. Feel free to PM me any questions which can be asked in the same format and when I use those questions, you will earn uncapped TPE for it! Wins all around.

Isn’t question 1 technically incorrect since season 1’s MVP (Matthew Pogge) would have technically been a rookie?

Question 2 does not have the correct answer within the possible answers to choose from.

The question is worded;

"What is the highest amount of points scored in a single season which did not lead the league in scoring?"

This would make the answer 150 by Matt Thompson, as it is the highest point total ever scored in a season in which the player did not have the most points for that given season (season 62 when Podrick Cast had 174). Link

The question should be corrected to;
" What is the highest amount of points scored in a single season which did not break a single season record?"

I chose my answer based on the re-wording.

Edited by Jubo07

• Admin
5 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

Question 2 does not have the correct answer within the possible answers to choose from.

The question is worded;

"What is the highest amount of points scored in a single season which did not lead the league in scoring?"

This would make the answer 150 by Matt Thompson, as it is the highest point total ever scored in a season in which the player did not have the most points for that given season (season 62 when Podrick Cast had 174). Link

" What is the highest amount of points scored in a single season which did not break a single season record?"

Wrong, the portal's records section is incomplete - or rather, only covers some random amount of seasons.

• Commissioner
9 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

The question is worded;

I’m good at holding records only when you count the portal’s records haha. Pretty sure it says I’m the all time leader in SO as well which I’m not.

Also, god damn, these new questions definitely require an intimate knowledge of some old spreadsheets.

• Admin
22 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I’m good at holding records only when you count the portal’s records haha. Pretty sure it says I’m the all time leader in SO as well which I’m not.

Also, god damn, these new questions definitely require an intimate knowledge of some old spreadsheets.

Do they? They're pretty publically available - pinned or in separate forums. Not my fault @Will is spreading lies in the portal. :P

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Victor said:

Do they? They're pretty publically available - pinned or in separate forums. Not my fault @Will is spreading lies in the portal. :P

It’s not that they aren’t available. It’s figuring out exactly which one that you need and then finding it amongst the 3 or 4 different places they are located and then deciphering what’s in them. Not so easy for those of us that didn’t construct most of them :P

We really should consolidate our spreadsheets. I mean ideally get the accurate information on the portal but at least having everything in one place would help.

17 minutes ago, Victor said:

Kind of. The answers to some of these lay in some pretty dormant sub-forums. Hell, a lot of things are spread out, so I had to look at 3-4 before finding the right one for where Q2's answer could be found. Most people don't know where all the spreadsheets are laying around.

• Admin

I am the last bastion of actually earning your TPE, I will die on this hill.

(The consolidation of stuff should still happen, but I don't want to put in the effort if it all ends up being portalised. That said, to my knowledge there's only two places that have stuff related to trivia so I don't know where else you are looking - feel free to PM me though and I'll have a look.

• Commissioner
24 minutes ago, Victor said:

I am the last bastion of actually earning your TPE, I will die on this hill.

(The consolidation of stuff should still happen, but I don't want to put in the effort if it all ends up being portalised. That said, to my knowledge there's only two places that have stuff related to trivia so I don't know where else you are looking - feel free to PM me though and I'll have a look.

I would say at least 3. League discussion, the root of the game’s forum, and the old records section. Mind you the old records section is less important than the other two but still.

I’m also not opposing the questions being harder, especially with them being multiple choice. I just think that having the locations of these old spreadsheets be more accessible would be good if they are going to be required so heavily.

I submitted two forms this week, because I went off the portal and thought that question 2 was a trick question since @Victor is not above such things and there is an answer that would qualify based on a narrow interpretation of the question before I saw the spreadsheet in question.

Edited by Hybrid1486

• Commissioner
8 minutes ago, Sonnet said:

Backing up some of the other comments here, these ones are a BITCH to find. I have no idea where I'm supposed to go to find which season certain players started their careers from the days where we didn't have a portal.

To give you a hint, the non-portal players in question 1 are both HoFers so it lists when they were drafted in their HoF articles.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Sonnet said:

Just finished up and stumbled upon that for a reference, thank you!!!! Of course I get this response right after I get done digging, lol

Can't wait to write trivia help in the VLHM newsletter this week ?

Running a search in the draft forum would also yield results Im sure, though I didn’t try