Transaction Chronicles: The Advantage Timeline (Edition 11)

Advantage

To New York:

S38 – Dimothenis Vlasis

To Cologne:

S42 COL 2nd Round Pick (Travis Willcox)

This trade was made to acquire a solid number two defender who was younger and therefore fairly cheap, but still had enough TPE to be a good efficient producer.  I was pretty pleased to acquire him (despite his recent inactivity) for a mere mid second round pick that I had previously already had required from Cologne.

Vlasis would go on to a solid 432 game career, with 281 points, 873 hits and 898 blocked shots.  He was a solid presence for the team’s he was on as either a second or third defenseman and was a really good acquisition I feel given the price.  The pick involved also really didn’t net anyone with Willcox never making the Victory Hockey League.  Safe to say, I definitely see this trade as a huge win for myself and the Americans.  Especially considering he would return not too long after.

To New York:

LW – Jakob Linholm

To Quebec:

S43 NYA 3rd Round Pick (Jed Mosley)

I originally drafted Linholm and decided to make another move for him just to add another inexpensive body to my second line.  One thing I feel I did very well as a GM, was acquire depth pieces at next-to-nothing prices and this was a good example of that with that 3rd round pick being basically useless.  Linholm wasn’t on New York for long but he managed to do what he did best which was be a decent producer at a fairly low cost.  You need these kind of players and I entrusted Linholm multiple times to be one for me.

To New York:

S44 RIG 3rd Round Pick

To Riga:

D – Dimothenis Vlasis

Sadly due to the fact that I had a lot of players in their prime contracts, I eventually had to move some cap out and Vlasis made the most sense given the roster I had to play with.  This was no doubt a good deal for Riga and one that I have made similarly in the past from the other shoe, but sometimes you have little choice when you need to dump a contract and really don’t have the leverage or interest in the players that you want to move.

To New York:

C - Konstantin Azhishchenkov

To Riga:

S43 NYA 2nd Round Pick (Casper Solomon)

Due to the fact that I was looking at a bit of a rental solution, I moved a low second that ended up being a nothing player, in order to acquire Konstantin Azhishchenkov who had a productive, yet still disappointing 499 game career in the Victory Hockey League.  Finishing with 409 points during his career, he was a very productive second line player that filled in occasionally on top lines but ultimately never lived up to the hype he had as a prospect.  For my uses though, he fit the bill and was a solid acquisition for a pretty low price.  One that I would make every season if I could.