Interviewing the Storm's GM about the expansion/relocation

Eudaldkp

Today we have sitting with us Oslo’s GM, Carles Puigdemont, or should we start saying Minnesota’s GM?

“Haha I don’t think we should yet, the season isn’t over and although our chances are slim, we just have to take a look at the past playoffs with the Lynx making it into the finals. It’s hockey and anything is possible, we have seen bigger upsets.”

Today it was announced, along with two expansion teams, that the Oslo Storm were relocating to Minnesota, but were to keep the Storm name. Why did the league and the Storm make that move?

“The league was looking into having more teams in America, a very good market for hockey. Up until now, there was only 1 team in the VHLM located in America. Next season, we will have not 2 but 4 teams, located in Philadelphia and Houston. I think it is a very good move financially and although I feel very sad for the city of Oslo it was just a matter of time having the team relocated. It just didn’t work economically.”

It is a tougher market than the United States, that’s for sure. Let’s move on now onto the new expansion teams, what was your reaction when you first knew about them?

“It came by surprise, and at that time I hadn’t been appointed as Oslo’s GM yet, so I was looking forward a new job opportunity. Now that I’m GMing Oslo, I’m obviously not thrilled about losing assets in an expansion draft, but I think it is a move that needed to be made and will benefit all the VHLM teams in the long run.”

Do you think the rules to the expansion draft are fair?

“Yes, pretty fair from my point of view. Expansion teams aren’t supposed to be good right away, but they shouldn’t suck badly either. I think that both @BladeMaiden and @Sonnet will do a great job and have a great inaugural season.”

It is pretty known around the league that you and @BladeMaiden have a good friendship going, do you think it will deteriorate now that you’re rivals?

“Hahah no way. We like to tease each other a lot and I think being rivals will just help that haha I’m looking forward to telling Blade her team sucks.”

So, now that we know there will be 2 more teams in the VHLM, what are your expectations heading into next season?

“I think we are going to be a contender, but it’s hard to tell. With the expansion and the influx of new players that we are going to get it’s going to be difficult telling from the start which team is going to compete. I think a lot will rely on teams signing new players that develop into great ones. Not that it does not influence every season, but I think it will be a very huge part in S65.”

Well it is for sure going to be a wild season, hopefully you guys can pull it through. What are some players that you want in your roster for S65?

“I can’t give out much information, but I will say that Kai is 100% a player that I want to keep, I don’t think that is very surprising or revealing though haha sorry!”

We had to try! Haha, thanks for the interview Eudald, we wish the Minnesota Storm the best heading into next season!

Edited by Eudaldkp

5 hours ago, Eudaldkp said:

It is pretty known around the league that you and @BladeMaiden have a good friendship going, do you think it will deteriorate now that you’re rivals?

“Hahah no way. We like to tease each other a lot and I think being rivals will just help that haha I’m looking forward to telling Blade her team sucks”

Infact you have already told me how bad my team sucks and I don’t even have a team yet lol! If anything this will make of friendship stronger Eudalkp, hopefully Oslo will have better luck next season :3