VSN - Mock Draft #2

Dil

Welcome to the second one of my mock drafts. This time will be a different format where I will be saying which teams will draft which players. So, let's get to it...

Mock Draft

:dav: 1. Carles Puigdemont +0

C | 6'3" | 220 lb. | Age: 18 | :ott:

TPE: 243 @Eudaldkp 

Davos select Carles Puigdemont. And oh boy let me tell you how nasty Davos will be. Recently picked up rookie RW Pat Svoboda and Davos draftee Elias Dahlberg's duo was going to be a force to be dealt with anyways, but if Davos picks up Carles Puigdemont, that line is going to be unstoppable. Carles has been killing the game this year in the minors with 70 Points in 57 games. When all 3 of these players are in their prime, you can expect Davos to be something to fear.

:cal: 2. Brady Stropko Jr. +2

D | 6'3" | 225 lb. | Age: 19 | :ott:

TPE: 154 @Bushito

Brady Stropko Jr. Will be going second overall if that is where Calgary picks. Calgary GM Bushito has been in contact with Stropko Jr. ever since the season start. It is almost certain this is the player Calgary will be going after. Stropko is a big kid who can rip a puck. He has 45 points in 52 games a D-Man and you can bet his numbers are only going to get better as the season rolls on.

:nya: 3. Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen -1

D | 6'3" | 220lb. | Age: 25 | :ott:

TPE: 217 @flyersfan1453

Smitty has kept up his activity so far and is looking to be a solid D-Man for the future. He has dropped a ranking from last time only due to the implement of teams. It is almost certain Calgary takes Brady Stropko Jr. so I expect Webenjagermanjensen to go to NYA. New York has a lot of great young players. 2 of them leading the lead in rookie points. The other is a young D-Man you can expect to be on a pairing with Smitty in the near future. This team will be a force in the very near future.

:que: 4. Dallas Jones -1

D | 6'4" | 205 lb. | Age: 16 | :ott:

TPE: 174 @Trifecta

With both Colton Rayne and Casey Jones leaving Quebec soon, they could use another good D-Man. Dallas has put up 37 Points in 57 games and has been proving his worth as a player all season. Recently shipped off to Ottawa from Oslo, he has fit in just fine with his new team. He has dropped a ranking due to Brady Stropko Jr. being launched all the way into the top 2.

:que: 5. Gritty +0

C | 6'3" | 197 lb. | Age: 19 | :ott:

TPE: 174  @eaglesfan036

Quebec takes Gritty with their second pick of the first round. Quebec could use some more active forward talent. Currently 5th in the standings, they could use some depth in the near future to compete with teams such as Davos and Riga who are looking really good for the future. Gritty can surely help with this looking at how he has been able to be offensively dominant this season you can expect for him to only improve from here.

:que: 6. Orion Slade +2

C | 6'8" | 225 lb. | Age: 18 | :veg:

TPE: 122 @BluObieZ

Orion is a great player. He knows what he is doing and I expect great things. He is 6'8" and a good fit for Quebec. Although I am going to be honest. This draft has a lot of good Defenceman and Centreman. A lot of great player's but not a lot of variety.

:dav: 7. Roll Fizzlebeef NEW

C | 6'6" | 240 lb. lb. | Age: 20 | :ott:

TPE: 159 @TacticalHammer

Roll has moved into the top 8 this time. Davos is going to be absolutely nasty as it is in the near future and it wont help to pick up some center depth. I've said it before and I will say it again. Davos's future scares me.

:rig: 8. Viktor Kozlov -2

C | 6'8" | 220 lb. | Age: 19 | Halifax

TPE: 141 @Kuch9

Another team to fear is Riga. They are already really good and have some great young talent. Viktor is a great big player. He is tough and well rounded. A great player to have for depth and playoff runs. he also puts up decent numbers so expect big things.

And that is it for this Mock Draft. Feel free to reply with your changes. You can expect a final mock draft before the draft in Vancouver. Anyways, thank you for reading and have a wonderful day!

Me: (literally all season long) "We have too many forwards, I think I'm taking dmen in the fist round"

Dil: "Davos will take 2 centers"

In all seriousness, good writeup. Enjoyed the little piece on each player and what they mean to each team

Just now, Trifecta said:

As long as they don't take you with a 1st round pick, we are good lol

you retire every one of your players despite usually being a good tpe earner

I retire my players once they turn into inactive scrubs. This player clearly isn't going to be that

13 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

you retire every one of your players despite usually being a good tpe earner

I retire my players once they turn into inactive scrubs. This player clearly isn't going to be that

You can say your player clearly isn't and I can say I won't retire my player. How can either of us be trusted then with that logic?

17 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

As long as they don't take you with a 1st round pick, we are good lol

27 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

If any GM takes @Trifecta with a top 5 maybe even 1st round pick they are foolish, look at his player history

Not gonna lie, Dallas Jones is very interesting and I may take him, but oh boy would that be a waste of a pick if he retires AGAIN

• Admin
12 hours ago, Beketov said:

*League announces expansion franchise*

*expansion franchise is immediately skipped in mock draft*

I mean it's probably quite difficult to predict who I'll pick when we don't even know where I will pick! (also need an emoji tbh)

17 hours ago, Trifecta said:

You can say your player clearly isn't and I can say I won't retire my player. How can either of us be trusted then with that logic?

This is correct - you're both scrubs.

17 minutes ago, Victor said:

I mean it's probably quite difficult to predict who I'll pick when we don't even know where I will pick! (also need an emoji tbh)

This is correct - you're both scrubs.

A scrub you have thought about taking on this draft.