S64 Theme Week

Quik

Hi everybody! (Hi Dr. Nick)

@Members

As some may recall with the trade deadline announcement, I was supposed to announce this season's theme week yesterday. Obviously, that did not happen, as I was still reeling from my portal mishap from the other day. With that said, this season's theme week will run for this week, ending February 3rd! If you have already submitted a point task (unless by some luck it was already on theme), you may submit a point task for theme week this week, and claim it for the week ending February 10th (must be submitted by February 3rd to claim the Theme Week bonus).

Now for the good stuff: this season's theme week will be based on League Expansion. If you submit a point task pertaining to the expansion/relocation of any of the 5 teams involved in Friday's announcement, you will be eligible for the following bonuses:

Media Spots

• Must focus on VHL/VHLM Expansion franchises, or the two relocated franchises, or either of the upcoming expansion drafts
  • Min. 500 words; if over 1000, only first week counts as themed PT
  • Worth 12 TPE (6 Capped / 6 Uncapped)

Graphics

• Must focus on VHL/VHLM Expansion franchises, or the two relocated franchises
  • Normal expectations of effort still apply

Podcasts

• Min. 10 minutes

**If you have submitted a multi-week Media Spot that includes a claim for the week ending February 3rd, you may postpone claiming by one week in order to participate in Theme Week.

VHL.com Articles/Podcasts/Graphics

• Min. 200 words / 5 minutes for VHL.com Articles and Podcasts
  • Worth 3 TPE (2 Capped / 1 Uncapped) for Articles and Graphics; 4 TPE for Podcasts (3 Capped / 1 Uncapped)

So there it is, please have fun with this season's theme, and enjoy your extra TPE (up to 7 Uncapped), as we prepare for the final stretch in both leagues' regular season and the playoffs!

• Quik featured this topic
26 minutes ago, Sonnet said:

So we can submit both a PT and a VHL.com, and claim 7 uncapped this week? And we can claim it starting now, up until next week (so long as we turn it in before the 3rd)? 

Yes, maximum of 7 Uncapped, and themed tasks must be submitted by Sunday February 3rd.

If someone has already claimed a non-theme task this week, they may claim theme week next week, but all submissions are due by the end of this week

People with jobs may also claim the following, so long as they complete their work this week:

The @Recruitment Crew  may claim +7 uncapped

@VSN may claim +6, but will have to submit a VHL.com for the extra +1

1 hour ago, FBR said:

What's the rule on doubling that shit? I'll donate to get a Free Week to get 24+ TPE tbh.

Doubles is applicable to non-doubles week PTs.

So you cannot add doubles to Theme Week. Nor can you double a Free Week.

6 hours ago, Quik said:

Media Spots

• Must focus on VHL/VHLM Expansion franchises, or the two relocated franchises, or either of the upcoming expansion drafts
  • Min. 500 words; if over 1000, only first week counts as themed PT

Just wanted to make sure on this before I did one, I noticed that the bolded thing was under Media Spots but not Podcasts, but I presume I can still talk about the expansion draft on a podcast and be relevant to the theme right? 

I have 189 TPE and if I do the media spot I would be at 201, which is one over the 200 limit. Is there a way I can only claim some of the banked TPE and not all of it so that I can still play in the VHLM for the season?

Just now, Matt_O said:

I have 189 TPE and if I do the media spot I would be at 201, which is one over the 200 limit. Is there a way I can only claim some of the banked TPE and not all of it so that I can still play in the VHLM for the season?

Yes, just claim everything as normal, but DO NOT spend above 200.

Just keep the rest banked until you get up to the big leagues

Just now, Spade18 said:

Yes, just claim everything as normal, but DO NOT spend above 200.

Just keep the rest banked until you get up to the big leagues

OK 

2 hours ago, Tagger said:

Just wanted to make sure on this before I did one, I noticed that the bolded thing was under Media Spots but not Podcasts, but I presume I can still talk about the expansion draft on a podcast and be relevant to the theme right? 

Yes, of course. Anything related to relocation and expansion is fair game!

• 3 weeks later...