Kai, a menace?

FBR

This week, the VHL and it's minor league, the VHLM have unveiled some big news. The leagues will relocate some teams and some expansions are going to make their way into them. One of those expansions is the Moscow Menace.

We asked Matthew Kai what he thought of the VHLM news, he said, "It's going to be weird to go from Norway to the United States, but I've moved a lot as a kid, so change doesn't really affect me. We're keeping the same branding. At the end of the day, ice is ice and that's where we play, we don't think about where we are when we're on the ice. I'm getting closer to my mom in Calgary, she could come see a game or two, so that's nice."

We didn't ask him about the VHL, but he kept talking about Moscow. "Have you seen the logo? The Moscow one? Isn't it great? It's intimidating, it's beautiful, it's just crazy-looking and I love it. I've heard from some guys that played in the KHL that Moscow fans are pretty great. That's good for the league. Can't wait to play against them...or with them, draft's coming fast." We're not sure if he's trying to pass a message or something, he said at the start of the year that he doesn't care about the team, he just wants the Continental Cup.

We'll see what the future holds.

236 words