Expansion Draft; City Possibilities for a Tenth Team?

Advantage

With the most recent announcement that the VHL will be expanding to a ninth team, it got me thinking that there may be a decent chance that the league will expand to a tenth team in not too long, especially if the league continues to recruit like it has.  Therefore, lets take a look at some of the cities that it wouldn’t overly surprise me to see considered if the league does decide to expand again in a few seasons.  I will preface by saying I imagine the league would go international since we are still one short of the NA teams in the VHL.

Milan/Rome – It wouldn’t overly surprise me to see some non-traditional markets considered and this would definitely be one of them.  While Milan and Rome are perhaps known for other things, I could definitely see one of these markets considered when considering a VHL team.

Prague – A market that has been talked about for quite some time.  The Czech Republic isn’t exactly a non-traditional market and really this is the city that makes the most sense in the Czech Republic.  That being said, one of my biggest issues with them is that I never found that any of the mascot names worked all that well with Prague as a name.

Malmo/Gothenburg – Yes, a return to Sweden.  I know some may question the idea given Vasteras’ struggles over the years, but realistically this would be a very different time with no real ties to that franchise.  I know I’d like to see a successful team in Sweden and due to Stockholm being used, I doubt that’s really an option again.  Gothernburg was a VHLM team at one point so I probably would lean to Malmo of the options.

Shanghai/Tokyo – You want to go really non-traditional? This could be the option.  The Tokyo Dragons would certainly be an interesting option and realistically, if the league wanted to be super different, to me this could be an interesting option.  I’m a bit more traditional but I could see this if we really wanted to differentiate from other leagues.