Morozov on VHLM Expansion Teams

Dangles13

Valeri Morozov has a chance to suit up for either of the new expansion teams, as well as the relocating team from Oslo, in the upcoming Dispersal Draft. Valeri was asked his thoughts on the teams at a recent press conference, he was very candid and spoke well about the teams.

"Well, let us start off with the team that is moving, the Oslo Storm will be moving into North America to become the Minnesota Storm. The team is steeped in Scandinavian culture and Minnesota is a good fit as that is where many settlers made their home when they sailed West. I like the name Storm but the logo leaves something to be desired and looks more like a trucker than any kind of storm. Colour wise, I don't mind it but I think they could step their game up.

I like the idea of the Philadelphia Reapers but not the execution. Reapers are a name steeped in horror and mysticism and should inspire fear on the ice but I feel like the colour choice missed the mark. A reaper is typically shrouded in all dark or black and the blue, red and yellow seems too futuristic. It reminds me of one of my favourite Yu-Gi-Oh cards, the Buster Blader, who while cool is more badass than scary-ass. Houston Bulls hit their mark for me. The branding is bright and vibrant and it really makes me think of bulls and their aggressive nature. The logo itself is odd in that the bull is rocking a goat-strap beard but otherwise I would be happy pulling that sweater over my head."