S64 Trivia Week 6 - Results

Victor

• Admin

Answer time!

1. How many times has a Continental Cup Final gone to Game 7? Credit to @Quik - 1 uncapped TPE

A bit of a bitch of a question from Quik to be honest, purely because I hate manually counting things like I assume you had to do whether it was using the HOF cup winners list - https://vhlportal.com/hof/awards/history/1 or the cup-winning goals list: https://vhlforum.com/topic/22385-cup-winning-goals/

Fortunately, he told me there were 25 so that is apparently the correct answer. Quite a high amount out of 63, considering it's only a quarter of the possible results but that's what it is, playoff magic and all that.

2. Which of the following VHL awards was never won by its namesake?

Pretty easy one to get by clicking through the awards lists. Scotty Campbell, Aidan Shaw, and Daisuke Kanou all had trophies renamed after them after winning them so many times, but Brett Slobodzian had a trophy created in honour of him, becoming the first and only trophy voted for by the players, 6 or so seasons after the great man retired. It was originally the player vote equivalent of the Campbell, i.e. MVP, but changed to MOP when people couldn't grasp the concept of most valuable... tbh it's still a bit of a confusing concept in some seasons.

2 capped TPE goes to:

@hedgehog337

@Esso2264

@Hybrid1486

@DollarAndADream

@SlapshotDragon

@Jubo07

@Sonnet

@SidTheKid87

@Kisshan

@Velevra

@Thranduil

@Toasty

@xsjack

@ShawnGlade

@Nykonax

@Enorama

@Dangles13

@wcats

@Ahma

@Rocketman04

@oilmandan

@Poptart

@leafsman

@hockeyis66

@Philliefan

@StamkosFan

@LIL V O D AK

@nethi99

@Kuch9

@Antone10

@Beketov

@joeyboucher1

@majesiu

@Galdoblame

@Tagger

@Josh.

@Quik

@Arthur

@SpartanGibbles

@flyersfan1453

@DilIsPickle

@Kirby

@Ty343

1 capped TPE goes to:

@Anthony Matthews

@Bucky___lastard

@GRZ

@hejta

As usual, week 7 will begin tomorrow. G'night.

• Commissioner

Number 1 was actually pretty easy without counting. Just went into the continental cup page on the portal and command + f the term “4-3” since it always lists the round score. Came up with 25 without needing to count.