S64 Playoffs Index

Beketov

• Commissioner

INDEX

I will run an update before I sim tomorrow so any attributes that are incorrect will be fixed. If you see any issues let me know of them ASAP and get your lines in.

@VHLM GM

• Commissioner
6 hours ago, Peace said:

Saskatoon is missing a player we signed before the season ended. 

https://vhlportal.com/players/playerfocus/1531

@Banackock
@Beketov

I’ll try but he was signed 3 hours after the final sim, I don’t think I’ll be able to add him. Once playoffs start in the engine I don’t think you can’t add new players to rosters.

6 hours ago, Beketov said:

I’ll try but he was signed 3 hours after the final sim, I don’t think I’ll be able to add him. Once playoffs start in the engine I don’t think you can’t add new players to rosters.

Anything you can do is much appreciated. This guy joined and crushed his early TPE tasks and really wants to play, already an active voice in the Wild Discord LR. 

• Commissioner
Just now, Peace said:

Anything you can do is much appreciated. This guy joined and crushed his early TPE tasks and really wants to play, already an active voice in the Wild Discord LR. 

And I’ll see if I can but ultimately the last games were summed before the signing was done so I don’t believe I can add players at this point. I’ll try though.

48 minutes ago, Beketov said:

And I’ll see if I can but ultimately the last games were summed before the signing was done so I don’t believe I can add players at this point. I’ll try though.

Much appreciated. Is it possible to edit say SSK C1 and rename them, then just use the update file to make the proper adjustments to that player? 

• Commissioner
Just now, Peace said:

Much appreciated. Is it possible to edit say SSK C1 and rename them, then just use the update file to make the proper adjustments to that player? 

Technically yes but that’s gonna create other problems I imagine with the index and the portal because we’d end up with 2 of him and then we’d be stuck trying to link the right one for updating and stats and stuff. It’s messy at best and a complete clusterfuck at worst.

52 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Technically yes but that’s gonna create other problems I imagine with the index and the portal because we’d end up with 2 of him and then we’d be stuck trying to link the right one for updating and stats and stuff. It’s messy at best and a complete clusterfuck at worst.

Damn automation! 

@Beketov if there is absolutely nothing you can do, that's okay. I just recall Calgary's situation with Cayden Saint being called up and added to the index, so I thought it was possible. I'm not sure who was simming that series, but perhaps you can consolidate your efforts with them. If not, that's okay, just let me know. I've been holding off sending lines for the time being, so if it's not possible I'd like to get lines ASAP but I can't do that until I know for sure. 

Thanks for trying and I hope you find a way to make it work. 

• Commissioner
20 minutes ago, Peace said:

@Beketov if there is absolutely nothing you can do, that's okay. I just recall Calgary's situation with Cayden Saint being called up and added to the index, so I thought it was possible. I'm not sure who was simming that series, but perhaps you can consolidate your efforts with them. If not, that's okay, just let me know. I've been holding off sending lines for the time being, so if it's not possible I'd like to get lines ASAP but I can't do that until I know for sure. 

Thanks for trying and I hope you find a way to make it work. 

It was @Will but honestly it was a massive clusterfuck to achieve because the sim engine is very much designed against adding players once the playoffs are started. That’s why we don’t allow it. Just happened to be that he signed the same day as the final sim so it’s a little trickier. Purely by the book he signed after the last sim so it doesn’t count.

As for lines, do them without him and just include in the email where you’d like him if I can figure it out. At least that way you’re guaranteed to have something. I wouldn’t get your hopes up though.

6 minutes ago, Beketov said:

It was @Will but honestly it was a massive clusterfuck to achieve because the sim engine is very much designed against adding players once the playoffs are started. That’s why we don’t allow it. Just happened to be that he signed the same day as the final sim so it’s a little trickier. Purely by the book he signed after the last sim so it doesn’t count.

As for lines, do them without him and just include in the email where you’d like him if I can figure it out. At least that way you’re guaranteed to have something. I wouldn’t get your hopes up though.

It's tough because said player is SSK's #1 centre, and that's what we promised him if he signed quickly. Unfortunately it appears like I made a promise I can't keep, but I assumed that it would be okay since the playoff index wasn't added. If there is nothing to be done, I won't demand it, but I do appreciate any effort put into it. I'll send my lines as is I suppose. 

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Peace said:

It's tough because said player is SSK's #1 centre, and that's what we promised him if he signed quickly. Unfortunately it appears like I made a promise I can't keep, but I assumed that it would be okay since the playoff index wasn't added. If there is nothing to be done, I won't demand it, but I do appreciate any effort put into it. I'll send my lines as is I suppose. 

Playoff index only goes up when I export it. As soon as the season ends the playoffs start, regardless of that output. Signings would need to be before the last sim.

I’ll definitely see if it’s possible but it’s very likely he won’t be in for the playoffs.

• Commissioner

Sorry for the late sim guys. As I mentioned, a lot of stuff to deal with today so I hope you all understand. Because the VHL has a game 7 to deal with before the finals I will not be simming tomorrow to keep things on the same schedule. Sims will resume Sunday.

• Commissioner

@McWolf Heads up, you sent me lines with 1 too many players dressed so I can't use them. Normally I would go to your last used but given that it's the finals and you're down 2-0 I'll give you a chance to send me some new ones that work. I'll be simming in probably 6ish hours unless you send new ones and respond to this sooner. If I don't have new lines by then I'll use your old ones.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

@McWolf Heads up, you sent me lines with 1 too many players dressed so I can't use them. Normally I would go to your last used but given that it's the finals and you're down 2-0 I'll give you a chance to send me some new ones that work. I'll be simming in probably 6ish hours unless you send new ones and respond to this sooner. If I don't have new lines by then I'll use your old ones.

fuckin McWolf 

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Go back to the old ones, I'll change shit if I'm down by 3