Inf1d3l

ZYDFVAJFDMOTPUM.20150724165332.jpg?width

Name: Hunter Wagner

Position: LW

Height: 71 in.

Weight: 180 lbs.

Birthplace: Paderborn, Germany

Short Bio

Hunter excelled early on with his skating and hockey abilities, and tore through junior leagues with ease. It wasn't until he reached his teen years he began to struggle, as players began to match his skill. After some time to reflect, he realized he needed to apply himself if he wanted to succeed. Putting down the Playstation controller, he doubled his efforts and it began to show. Winning one regional championship and begin named to the U18 all German all-stars was an honor for him, and after being scouted he decided to declare for the VHL draft.

Strengths

Shooting Accuracy - Hunter has always had a good shot throughout his young career so far, and his wrist shot is deadly. Through his late teens, Hunter had season with more than thirty goals in roughly twenty games, and had a deadly accuracy rating of over forty percent from the slot, and nearly the same from the circle. His accuracy earned him many double teams, which did cut his chances dramatically, but helped his team in the long run win many games. If you're looking for a sniper than Hunter is your man.

Teamwork - Hunter has always been good on and off the ice with his teammates. Though he tends to be quiet, he speaks up when needed, can listen or lead, and has a great hockey sense of anticipating his teammates actions. He can move into position to body block, or screen, or read a pass before it's made, and is good at assessing and assisting teammates with plays, talking over what could have been done from both ends, and making sure next time, everyone is ready to make he big play.

Speed/Agility - Hunter has always been a fast an agile skater, able to outrun his opponents easily on the ice, and earning breakaway or odd man rush situations due to his ability to react and reach speed faster. His ability to be so agile also allows him to avoid contact often, creating situations where defenders are taken out of a play due to a missed hit or checking opportunity gone wrong. His quick skates keep defenders on their toes often, and keeps Hunter in the back of their minds as a big threat.

Weaknesses

Strength - Hunter may be agile, and lethal in his shooting ability, but he's not the strongest guy on the ice. When contact is made, he can be removed from the puck and put on his backside a little too easy for his liking, and though he plans to work on that, it is a sore point to his game. Due to this fact, he does have an above average turnover rate compared to many players, which, despite his speed and ability to get back into the play, leads to scoring situations for the opponents

.Penalty Shots - Despite all his scoring ability, the task of reading a goaltender in a one on one situation is difficult for Hunter. His final season in his last league, Hunter went an abysmal three for thirty on penalty shots in practices. Luckily for the team and himself, the league only had three penalty shots all season and none of them required his stick, but counting on him to make the big play to finish a game in a shootout would not be an idea to be fancied.

Checking - Hunter isn't one to make contact with a defender. His checking ability is lackluster, and he's not great at fore or back checking either. His physical abilities seem limited to accuracy, and skating, so being able to dislodge the puck from his opponents by force is not a strong suit, and should not be relied upon.

Projection

Hunter will likely make a strong sniper for teams looking for a strong scoring presence, and can be dangerous on the powerplay unit as well as any even strength situation. His lack of physical ability beyond speed may hurt him in some situations and limit any penalty killing situations, but regardless, he will be a good locker room presence for teams that draft him, and will likely have a good time with his slick sense of humor.

• 3 weeks later...

Review: Great profile man! I'm really liking the projection you added and how you think the first season might stack up. Nice formatting as well, everything is super easy on the eyes, great start to a career if you ask me!

I wanted to review a few rookie profiles of people that joined around the same time as me so I can see how I am stacking up against my fellow rookie classmates. Hope to get to know you more during S65!

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Hunter Wagner Rookie Profile [1/2]