Drafting of a Slade

BluObieZ

With the draft sneaking up on us pretty quickly, people are starting to wonder who will go where and what are teams needs. Well there is one name that pops up in questions and for the most part people cannot quite place where he will go. Orion Slade the highly gifted forward playing for Las Vegas seems like a lock in the first round because of his agent who makes deadly forwards but the problem with Orion is that he has not intention on staying loyal. He and his agent have both been vocal about his desire to be a free agent every off-season. Which if you don't know what that means, is the BIG issue here. If a team is looking to build for the future then spending a draft pick on him would make no sense. It would be a waste of a pick. The only scenario that makes sense here is if a championship level team drafts him and tells him he has a better shot at sticking around for two seasons then bolting for free agency.

Now how Orion plans to weasel his way out of the 2nd year of his entry contract, remains to be seen but speculation is that his Agent Robbie Zimmers has a whole host of clauses that will be the clausiest of all clauses that will ensure his client hits the open market. But that is just pure speculation. Even though Robbie is known for clauses, to the point the league has banned some of the ones he has used in the past. So if this speculation is true, I think the whole league is waiting to see what kind of clauses he comes up with. I am sure that there already is a list of ones that he will try to use. Obviously the league will try to shoot some of them down but a person like Robbie does not give up. He will have different variations of clauses until one sticks and it allows his client to jump ship.

Bottom line is that if looking for a player to stick around for a rebuild, then look at a different player and not Orion. This guy doesn't care about you or your team. He cares about winning and dominance. He's a little bit of a prick, but if there is a silver lining in all this, it’s that Robbie and his classless players are almost gone. Orion will be the last of the last, if you are one of the people that cannot stand the man and his players then you probably have a Robbie Retirement counter on your computer and your phone. So if you are on a team that Orion slights by saying fuck no to, or maybe the team that draft him. Then well, you don’t have to put up with his antics for much longer. But maybe Orion leaving for free agency maybe for the best. The long belief is that Robbie Players are cancers in the locker room.

Just now, BluObieZ said:

Ah. someone likes sausage. No wonder the ladies don't know you

The fact you jump straight to mixing a homophobic insult into your chirps is sad and really only self deflating for you. The legendary Robbie running out of insults to throw, starting to reuse the same material kids have been using since the 80's?

Shame I wasn't around here in your prime, but then again legends are usually more disappointing in person; not even worth my time and effort, enjoy your last player on VHL.   

Just now, Peace said:

The fact you jump straight to mixing a homophobic insult into your chirps is sad and really only self deflating for you. The legendary Robbie running out of insults to throw, starting to reuse the same material kids have been using since the 80's?

Shame I wasn't around here in your prime, but then again legends are usually more disappointing in person; not even worth my time and effort, enjoy your last player on VHL.   

Insult? I'm clearly just joking around. If I wanted to call you gay, I would have just said it. Trust me you would know if I was attacking you. It would have sounded like an attack. You came in here and joked around so I joked back. Don't poke if you don't like being poked back... Oh wait! you like being poked. (See more joking) Stop trying to find things to be offended by. People like you just suck the fun out of things. It's not fun. Not fun at all. 

Next time don't read into everyone. People do tend to fuck around on here. I think I am entitled that. Once. maybe twice.