Transaction Chronicles: The Advantage Timeline (Edition 13)

Advantage

To New York:

S42 - Jax Barnstormer 

S41 - Mario De Rossi 

S43 Davos 1st Round Pick (E'Twaun Delicious)

S43 Riga 2nd Round Pick (Golden Jedtsson)

S44 Stockholm 1st Round Pick (Alexander Davidson)

To Stockholm:

S36 - Brick Wahl (G)

S37 - Tom Slaughter ©

S40 - Jody 3 Moons ©

Last week I went over one of the biggest trades I ever made and I would probably argue that this week will be looking at my most significant trade ever.  With New York fully rebuilding I set out to acquire my future franchise goaltender and to start my rebuild out right, and I felt I did that when I acquired my good friend Jericho’s goaltender, another young talented forward in De Rossi and two first round picks including the first overall pick in Season 43, and finally the 11th overall pick in Season 43 as well.  Sadly I had to trade three huge pieces but I was okay with this given Wahl only had one year remaining and had to go for me to recreate and Slaughter only had two years left so I wasn’t super concerned about moving either of those two despite being New York legends.  The hard part of this trade was moving Jody 3 Moons who was entering his prime as one of the great forwards in our league, but that was my major piece that allowed me to get two good young players, a first overall pick, another first and a high second rounder.

Unfortunately for me I feel this trade sorta fell apart for myself.  Jax Barnstormer never panned out as Jericho got tired of the league which was unfortunate, and really I felt if he stayed around I easily get a great haul out of this.  Barnstormer only played 160 career VHL games and finished with a 65-85-8 record, .905 save percentage and a 2.97 GAA.  Mario De Rossi sorta came around and was a solid high scoring cheap depth forward, finishing his career with a really solid 227 goals and 469 points in 475 games.  He helped make up for Barnstormer not really panning out as did a few other pieces in this deal.  One of those was Golden Jedtsson who ended up being the eleventh overall pick and was a really solid number two defender throughout his career that recorded 317 points, 1422 hits and 885 blocked shots in 506 games.  This trade’s other major hope was that E’Twaun Delicious worked out and became an elite first liner.  Sadly, it didn’t happen and he just remained a solid player that either could anchor a second line or be an accompanying piece on a top line.  Delicious finished with 569 points in 576 games and overall had a pretty productive career.  Unfortunately, the other first round pick came in a very weak draft year where really only the first four players were productive.  Sadly, my pick wasn’t high enough and while he was certainly the best player available, he never was a VHL level talent.   Ultimately, he would play 177 career games and record 34 points over that time.

I think overall this trade made sense for Stockholm but sadly they were not able to win a Continental Cup with any of the players involved, but were able to stay strong for quite some time.  While ultimately my first overall pick didn’t get to the level I expected and Barnstormer never became an elite goaltender, this trade still ended up being alright due to Jedtsson and De Rossi having a fair bit of success during their careers.  I wish I just executed on the first rounders better and made a better effort to keeping Jericho around.