VSN - Calgarian Kids (Calgary Young Guns)

Center: Oleksiy Revchenko

Oleksiy Revchenko has been one of the Wrangler's best players on the teams struggling roster, the S62 prospect made significant improvements over his rookie season and doesn't appear to be stricken by the infamous sophomore curse. The second-year pro has improved upon his rookie season by notching 28 goals and picking up 31 assists for a combined 59 points. While the Wranglers haven't had as well of a season they'd like, it was anticipated after losing Stopko. Consequentially, Revchenko is one of the bright stars of Calgary's future.

Center: Mark Gebauer

Mark Gebauer would feel like he hasn't left his 'Mark' this season on the scoreboard, but he's had a really good rookie season in comparison to the rookie class of S64. One of Calgary's latest first-round picks put up 24 goals and contributed 25 assists for a respectable 49 points this season for the rebuilding Calgary squad. He has proven to be a solid center, and he might even be promoted to the first line after Canmore's retirement following the end of next season. Whether Revchenko or Gebauer get the top billet, they're a solid one-two punch down the middle.

Left Winger: Karl von Moltke

Kark von Moltke might not have had the season he'd like, much less a season people expected of him, but he has had an 'okay' display during his second pro campaign. The left winger was average offensively, registering 11 goals and 31 assists for 41 points. In my opinion, he has the same problem his former teammate and fellow left-winger Ryuu Crimson has: He needs to shoot more. Unfortunately, 'KVM' has seen his development as a prospect drop, and will likely only be a depth forward for Calgary in their future seasons.

Defenseman: Lando Baxter

Lando Baxter has had a good sophomore season with the Calgary Wranglers. Despite not being as well-known compared to other young defenders in the Victory Hockey League, he is silently great for Calgary as a result. He has scored 15 goals, earned 40 assists for a total of 55 points while blocking 7 shots and a plus/minus of -28. Despite his plus/minus, I don't think he's bad defensively, as the entire Calgary Wrangler roster shared a similar stat due to their rebuilding nature.

Right Winger: Wlodzimierz Zajaczkowski

Wlodzimierz Zajaczkowski - a name that will likely go down in VHL history as one of the hardest to spell and pronounce - has had an underwhelming rookie season. He's only potted 12 goals while adding 9 assists for an individually disappointing 21 points. Although not developing rapidly, his consistent improvement will likely mean he'll be a solid depth player for Calgary for his tenure with the team. 

Goaltender: Brick Wahl

The Great Wahl of Canada has had, like some of the other Young Guns in Calgary, a mediocre season. Brick has a record of 22-34-5, has a great save percentage of 0.914, and has 3 shutouts. He has had an okay year, but he wasn't good enough to lead them to the playoffs. Though, considering how young he is, he hasn't done half bad. He had some big shoes to fill after the departure of legend Norris Stopko, and in my opinion, has a bright future.

Edited by SlapshotDragon

5 hours ago, SlapshotDragon said:

Goaltender: Brick Wahl

The Great Wahl of Canada has had, like some of the other Young Guns in Calgary, a mediocre season. Brick has a record of 22-34-5, has a save percentage of 0.914, and has 3 shutouts. He has had an okay year, but he wasn't good enough to lead them to the playoffs. Though, considering how young he is, he hasn't done half bad. He had some big shoes to fill after the departure of legend Norris Stopko, and in my opinion, has a bright future.

When did a save % over .900 become a bad thing? I would say I had a good season and I am proud of Brick.

1 hour ago, Elhandon said:

just sitting here waiting to see those blanks get filled in for Lando... 

?

You can fill them in next season. For now you can book your tee time with me and we Can do some Wranglers team bonding out on the golf course! 

11 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

You can fill them in next season. For now you can book your tee time with me and we Can do some Wranglers team bonding out on the golf course! 

Let's do it!  Although looking at Wahl's contract, I think we know who's paying...