Preferred VHL Draft Destinations

eaglesfan036

A very exciting time in my VHL career is approaching, as Gritty is soon to be drafted, and I honestly have no clue where I'll end up. After being a GM in this league for so long, it is exciting to experience the randomness of the draft. When it comes to where i prefer to be drafted, I have four factors I look at, in no particular order:

1) Is the GM competent and do I like them?

2) Is the roster a good fit for me? - Aging roster vs a young one to grow with

3) Do I have any positive or negative past history with the team or city?

4) Am I friendly with any of the players on the team?

Preferred VHL Draft Destination Rankings:

9) New York Americans 

This is nothing against @Spade18, but I feel like people are always like "OMG DA HiStOrY of NEW YORK I MUST GO DERE," plus they always get super lucky in the draft lottery and New York is a terrible city with horrible people who start honking 5 seconds before the light turns green. As I've said before, if drafted to New York I would play out my rookie contract and then immediately bolt somewhere else in free agency.

8. Calgary Wranglers

It's a shame to see the team that was my baby for so many years this low on my list, but it just isn't a very attractive destination at the moment. I know he's won some cups, but I just find @Bushito to be an uninspiring GM, and I am worried he would just go inactive on me. The roster also doesn't seem to be a great fit, as the team seems to be aging. Lastly, I am just kind of tired of playing for Calgary after GMing them for so many seasons.

7) Toronto Legion

Historically, I'm pretty neutral on Toronto as a team. I know @Devise has won plenty of cups, but it seems most of them have been coming into a team and adding the final pieces, and he never really does a full on rebuild becuase he never has draft picks. While playing with Dollar and Tfong would be cool, the roster seems to be aging and may not be the best fit.

6) Seattle Bears

While I used to have somewhat of a  GM rivalry with @Banackock, I'm actually ok with him, as I know he will at the very least be an active and dedicated GM even if I disagree with his player evaluations. Historically I am pretty neutral on the Bears, though I wouldn't mind helping to break the Vasteras ish vibes that are forming. Also they have my buddy @Will.

5) Helsinki Titans

I don't really know much about @Quik, but the roster seems to have a good mix of veterans and younger players who can help the team compete for a while. While my boy @Sonnet is cool, I am still salty at Helsinki for beating me in back to back cups when I was Calgary GM.

4) Moscow Victators

If I knew Moscow would be ready to compete early in my career, they would jump to the top of my list, as I love the idea of playing for a new team, love the team concept, and @Victor is the GOAT. However, I am worried if drafted to Moscow the first half of my career would be wasted at minimum.

3) Vancouver Potatoes

As much as I like @Beaviss, I am mad at him for moving a team from east coast to west coast. But that is made up for by having that philly fan guy. Quebec's roster also seems to have the right mix of ages to be able to compete for a while, so they are a team Gritty can grow with.

2) Davos Dynamo

I don't think I've ever played for Davos before, so that is kind of appealing to me. I also know @ShawnGlade from my time in the VHLM and believe him to be a competent GM. @Ahma and his lizard are fun to be with, and they also have a good mix of youth and veterans with some good prospects coming up as well.

1) Riga Reign

Riga has Smarch, Victor, Hedgehog, and Dollar so that sounds like a really fun team to be on. Also when I was making my mock expansion draft I realized that they have a super stacked roster which is obviously very appealing. Lastly, Riga was the first team I was ever on with @Mike, and it's always fun to go back to your roots. 

Edited by eaglesfan036

8 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

This is nothing against @Spade18, but I feel like people are always like "OMG DA HiStOrY of NEW YORK I MUST GO DERE," plus they always get super lucky in the draft lottery and New York is a terrible city with horrible people who start honking 5 seconds before the light turns green. As I've said before, if drafted to New York I would play out my rookie contract and then immediately bolt somewhere else in free agency.

nuff said dude.

This is valid and the reason I dont go to NY IRL lol

9 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

As much as I like @Beaviss, I am mad at him for moving a team from east coast to west coast. But that is made up for by having that philly fan guy.

@Philliefan single handedly changing his team's prospective outlook.