[S64] Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting

omgitshim

S64 Brett Slobodzian Trophy Voting  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Nykonax said:

https://vhlportal.com/VHL/64/VHL64-95.html

one goal > 0

https://vhlportal.com/VHL/64/PlayersStat.php?Order=P&MinGP&Max=50

48 goals > ...oh wait, I don't see Dahlberg in this list

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, Victor said:

You guys realise it's a regular season award right? Not sure Stopko had an unbelievable regular season.

This.

Playoffs Stopko was unstoppable but regular season he was okay; same as every goalie. Not to sound Boubabi-ish but I don’t see how his numbers were better than mine. Or Malenko or Arroyo for that matter.

7 hours ago, Victor said:

You guys realise it's a regular season award right? Not sure Stopko had an unbelievable regular season.

Recency Bias. Idk why you would release this the day after a finals sweep occurs with the probable mvp of the playoffs being a selection. 

8 hours ago, Victor said:

There they go influencing awards when the buddies are losing

8 hours ago, Victor said:

same old shit

constantly confusing MVP and most outstanding player award is a common theme here

But it's not like Thompson had an outstanding season either (by point number). his two way play was great, ngl.

5 hours ago, Beketov said:

This.

Playoffs Stopko was unstoppable but regular season he was okay; same as every goalie. Not to sound Boubabi-ish but I don’t see how his numbers were better than mine. Or Malenko or Arroyo for that matter.

Really? Look at the difference between last and second best sv% then look at the difference between mine and second best and notice the difference, without me Toronto wouldn’t even make the playoffs. But what’s the difference between the forwards? Fuck all really

• Commissioner
7 minutes ago, Bushito said:

Really? Look at the difference between last and second best sv% then look at the difference between mine and second best and notice the difference, without me Toronto wouldn’t even make the playoffs. But what’s the difference between the forwards? Fuck all really

MVP and Slobo aren’t the same thing. I don’t think I’ll be getting MVP though i expect I’ll be up for it. I also never said you had a bad season or weren’t the best goalie option. You had a good year and should be the Shaw winner. But I think realistically when talking best stats of the season you wouldn’t be top IMO.

• Commissioner
12 minutes ago, Bushito said:

There they go influencing awards when the buddies are losing

Also this isn’t influencing for buddies at all. This is about having the award be voted on the proper basis. Playoffs aren’t that basis. It wasn’t an argument about Stopko’s stats vs. Anyone else’s. Just pointing out that this should only account for regular season play.

Yeah I don't really see any biased grouping in terms of "buddies" voting here. Thompson's overall game I think overshadows Stopko. Led the league in points, goals, tons of hits. 

Stopkos lead in save percentage while impressive is all he really had stats wise. In general GAA was still up this season from what we have seen from outstanding goalie performances. I do think Stopko has far more of an argument for MVP but yeah this one will shake out weird because outside of maybe that recency bias mentioned, also are a few candidates you could argue for.