The Tag BlaideMaidenThread

eaglesfan036

1 hour ago, eaglesfan036 said:

Half the things you say aren't true and the yacht one is a lie cause you got a big reputation to keep on here

yep you got me all figured out. I care so much about a site that I am barely on and i'm about to leave. You have it 100% figured out. You have cracked the Robbie puzzle. Congrats... Damn it. This means I need to stop lying. 

Edited by BluObieZ

14 minutes ago, Victor said:

Well at least he's admitted it!

Yep! From now on I'll be honest. So let's start now. I am a time traveling alien (why I'm so good at picking people apart and finding what makes them tick)

I do not have 2 kids. That is a massive lie. I have over 600. I have at least one on each planet I've been to. I am not rich here. I am the richest Robbinian (what my species is called) all my money there is equal to $1 US dollar.

I do not have a yacht. I have a starship that i use for... Space travel.

My name is not Robbie. My name is Thorn. No... that's a lie. My name is a secret. If I told you, I'd have to kill you via my future tech.

This is fun. Such a big weight off my shoulders. Let's play a game. Spot the two lies.

I hate you and your british ways and british teeth.

I am not leaving here even though I claim I am. I need the attention you guys claim I seek so much.

I'm crazy.  I live in a mental asylum. And sneak on here when I can. This explains why I disappear for days/week. Also explain my crazy stories for players and my crazy MS's

I didn't hate Kendrick. I just loved annoying him. Which was easy.

I wouldn't trust me to keep my word that 2 are lies. I'm clearly a prolific liar. All 4 can be true. Or they can lies. I don't know. I've lost track of my own lies. 

8 hours ago, BOOM™ said:

But my appointment was important... to me. 

I think it is noteworthy for me to mention that I debated posting this message because I know it will likely receive some push back but I decided that it was worth it so here is my 2 cents.

It really sucks that I can't make an announcement about who my AGM is without ppl getting upset about 1 ping. Yes I @ed members but my AGM has been in the league a long time and has friends on the forum who would want to wish him well. I wanted him to get that attention because I am so damn thankful, he wanted to help. It really hurts that lately if feels like everything I do on the VHL gets scrutinized by my fellow members. I'm here to have fun and it isn't fun anymore because of this. You all could ping me all day and I wouldn't care, this is not what I am complaining about. This message comes from feeling personally judged for the decisions I make and sad that members think congratulating a new AGM isn't noteworthy for the league

On that note I am disappointed in the members that only want to be @ed if there is tpe in it for them or if they got an award. How damn selfish are you that you can not be bothered to congratulate other members when they get a new position or have good things happen to them. Why are you even participating in a team league if you want it all to be about you? I have always thought the key to enjoyment of other members is to let them know when you mention them. I think it is rude to talk about a member without letting them know, kinda feels like talking behind their back (regardless if it is good or bad). I think the league is going to run into issues if the appointment of an AGM is no  longer seen as noteworthy news.

@Quik you can consider this my official complaint. This is setting a precedent on what is worth @ people over. Are we really ok to say that An expansion AGM who is a long time member doesn’t deserve the attention but someone who gets MVP does. Especially when AGMs and GMs donate so much time and effort to the site. I know I have.

@eaglesfan036 @Nykonax @ThranduilCongrats you actually pissed me off. I would suggest avoiding me for a while.

I will still continue to tag as i see fit.

Thanks and have a nice day.

Edited by BladeMaiden

• Commissioner

I'd say this definitely went too far but tagging the entire league for an AGM announcement in the VHLM was also probably unnecessary. It's not that people only need to be tagged when they get can some TPE out of it but the group tag feature wasn't implemented to spam unrelated messages to everyone. As blues we really only use it when a topic is important for everyone to see and I'd argue that no team announcement for either league is really worth that. Sure, it's only 1 notification but it's still not really necessary.At the end of the day it's just gonna leave people questioning why they were tagged which is going to make them less interested in reading the topic at hand.

Basically I look at the group mentions as a tool to easily tag multiple people without having to have our old giant tag chain. It's a convenience that can easily be abused but hopefully shouldn't be. I'd say aside from commissioners it's most likely not a great idea to be group mentioning every member but obviously we're not going to have specific rules against it.

So let's all try not to abuse group mentioning but let's also not be assholes about it? Ultimately it wouldn't be so annoying if it wasn't for the editing bug.

25 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I'd say this definitely went too far but tagging the entire league for an AGM announcement in the VHLM was also probably unnecessary. It's not that people only need to be tagged when they get can some TPE out of it but the group tag feature wasn't implemented to spam unrelated messages to everyone. As blues we really only use it when a topic is important for everyone to see and I'd argue that no team announcement for either league is really worth that. Sure, it's only 1 notification but it's still not really necessary.At the end of the day it's just gonna leave people questioning why they were tagged which is going to make them less interested in reading the topic at hand.

Basically I look at the group mentions as a tool to easily tag multiple people without having to have our old giant tag chain. It's a convenience that can easily be abused but hopefully shouldn't be. I'd say aside from commissioners it's most likely not a great idea to be group mentioning every member but obviously we're not going to have specific rules against it.

So let's all try not to abuse group mentioning but let's also not be assholes about it? Ultimately it wouldn't be so annoying if it wasn't for the editing bug.

If this is the response of the blues to my message I am honestly disappointed. So much for league engagement, I am really starting to doubt if the VHL is the place I should be investing my time. Your response is very bureaucratic in nature and honestly if you don't think that it is a least some form of bullying having a post dedicated to pinging me after I @  the members  1 time then I seriously do not know what to say.

Like i said, maybe this just isn't the place for me anymore.

• Commissioner
22 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

If this is the response of the blues to my message I am honestly disappointed. So much for league engagement, I am really starting to doubt if the VHL is the place I should be investing my time. Your response is very bureaucratic in nature and honestly if you don't think that it is a least some form of bullying having a post dedicated to pinging me after I @  the members  1 time then I seriously do not know what to say.

Like i said, maybe this just isn't the place for me anymore.

That wasn’t a response of the blues, I don’t pretend I speak for anyone else, let alone the blues. That was just how I feel about it. Yes, this got out of hand. Ultimately it’s the thunderdome though, that’s what this forum was designed for, to be lawless. If something said bothers you though, even in here, say something. I didn’t take your response as severe as this one tbh because it didn’t come off that way.

Honestly members shouldn’t be assholes to each other, we made that clear awhile ago. Though I haven’t looked through this entire thread I would wager that people were taking it more as a joke than you did, at least that’s the impression I got skimming through.

Honestly though if my response came off more bureaucratic than necessary I do apologize. I try not to make rulings on things in the thunderdome since the whole point of it is to joke around and throw shit at each other. I’d hate to lose a member over something like this though. Just seems like a silly misunderstanding at the end of the day.

18 minutes ago, BOOM™ said:

Leave her alone you goddam bullies. That's my GM you're harassing. 

It is not me I am upset about. I just can't fathom being part of a community that wouldn't want to make you feel good about becoming a AGM., insinuation that is is not a piece of information that is  note worthy. You were so happy and excited in the discord when we settled things and I am just really upset that this may have soured your experience.

Edited by BladeMaiden

• Commissioner
5 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

It is not me I am upset about. I just can't fathom being part of a community that wouldn't want to make you feel good about becoming a AGM., insinuation that is is not a piece of information that isn't note worthy. You were so happy and excited in the discord when we settled things and I am just really upset that this may have soured your experience.

I kinda look at things this way: people who are going to be excited about the announcement will see the title and read the thread anyway and be excited. Those who won’t aren’t likely to be more excited by being tagged in the topic.

I’m not saying there’s never a time to tag everyone but there is arguably not many uses for it in my experience. There’s bound to be times when everyone will use it unnecessarily (see what @eaglesfan036 did above) and there’s bound to be times when it isn’t used and should be (see me forgetting it exists half the time). Ultimately I think it’s a feature we just can’t take too seriously. Kinda like any topic in the thunderdome.

• Senior Admin

i think there is much more inappropriate uses of the tagging system than announcing a co-gm (such as this thread).

i also think i should set up @VHL Bot to tag @eaglesfan036 12 times per day for the next four weeks as retribution for this thread. 

Just now, Will said:

i think there is much more inappropriate uses of the tagging system than announcing a co-gm (such as this thread).

i also think i should set up @VHL Bot to tag @eaglesfan036 12 times per day for the next four weeks as retribution for this thread. 

on aprils fools set it up to tag everyone once an hour, then edit the message to show no tag if the bug is still there,