The Tag BlaideMaidenThread

eaglesfan036

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Will said:

i think there is much more inappropriate uses of the tagging system than announcing a co-gm (such as this thread).

i also think i should set up @VHL Bot to tag @eaglesfan036 12 times per day for the next four weeks as retribution for this thread. 

Add his tag to every @VHL Games post haha.

Seriously though, it’s not the end of the world, and not worth all this.

Even if you think it's a horrible misuse of the tagging feature just act like a god damn adult and suck it up and say congrats to boom and move on with your life. This whole TD is such a bad look for the site to new users like myself. Y'all are better than this.

7 minutes ago, Matt_O said:

Why did everyone get so upset by this it was clearly just a joke

Unfortunately I wish this was true, but he has a history of direct tagging members and creating negativity towards them.

1 hour ago, BladeMaiden said:

I think the league is going to run into issues if the appointment of an AGM is no  longer seen as noteworthy news.

Having been in the league for 7 years, appointing an AGM for a VHLM team really isn't noteworthy news. It was only recently that everyone and their mom wanted to appoint AGMs. If you are a GM worth your own salt, you really shouldn't need an AGM. If you want to add an AGM to help make your team / locker room more active then cool I'm all for that, and Boom is great at that. To give you some perspective, I was Yukon's GM 4 ish years ago around S35, and ironically enough I actually made Boom my assistant GM ( I also somehow managed to not tag everyone for this historic announcement). 

I get it, you are new to the league and excited about getting to GM for the first time. I was once in your position, and I'm sorry if this thread dampened your enthusiasm. I'm just on here just to chill and have fun same as everyone else, and part of that is just messing around with people a lot. I really meant for this to be a lighthearted thread, and as far as people "critiquing everything you do on here" I'm not really sure where that's coming from? I've seen you do those VSN articles and it's cool to have that up and running. 

Lastly, congrats on the job @BOOM™, I hope you get a bigger closet than the one I gave you :)

Wow had no idea this would cause such problems. I don't wish to come across as such a horrible person and looking back at it that's what I was being. I tend to lash out spontaneously without thinking about how the person on the receiving end might feel. And then when I take a look at my posts later, it's kind of shocking. I guess it took someone getting angry and me seeing the effects of my actions to make me realize that I'm better than that and I don't want to be that way.

Genuinely sorry to @BladeMaiden, the last thing I want to do is to spread negatively and I hope you don't quit. You are the life and soul of this place and it just wouldn't be the same without you.

Also, congratulations to @BOOM™ on getting a job working with one of the VHL's finest members. I wish you and the Reapers all the best in the future. Hopefully I didn't spoil your fun. We all have to remember that the VHL is just here for a good time and if it becomes anything less than that, it isn't worth a day. From now on I think I'll try to be nicer to everyone without an acceptation and if anyone catches me being a dick, call me out on it.

18 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

I think it is noteworthy for me to mention that I debated posting this message because I know it will likely receive some push back but I decided that it was worth it so here is my 2 cents.

It really sucks that I can't make an announcement about who my AGM is without ppl getting upset about 1 ping. Yes I @ed members but my AGM has been in the league a long time and has friends on the forum who would want to wish him well. I wanted him to get that attention because I am so damn thankful, he wanted to help. It really hurts that lately if feels like everything I do on the VHL gets scrutinized by my fellow members. I'm here to have fun and it isn't fun anymore because of this. You all could ping me all day and I wouldn't care, this is not what I am complaining about. This message comes from feeling personally judged for the decisions I make and sad that members think congratulating a new AGM isn't noteworthy for the league

On that note I am disappointed in the members that only want to be @ed if there is tpe in it for them or if they got an award. How damn selfish are you that you can not be bothered to congratulate other members when they get a new position or have good things happen to them. Why are you even participating in a team league if you want it all to be about you? I have always thought the key to enjoyment of other members is to let them know when you mention them. I think it is rude to talk about a member without letting them know, kinda feels like talking behind their back (regardless if it is good or bad). I think the league is going to run into issues if the appointment of an AGM is no  longer seen as noteworthy news.

@Quik you can consider this my official complaint. This is setting a precedent on what is worth @ people over. Are we really ok to say that An expansion AGM who is a long time member doesn’t deserve the attention but someone who gets MVP does. Especially when AGMs and GMs donate so much time and effort to the site. I know I have.

@eaglesfan036 @Nykonax @ThranduilCongrats you actually pissed me off. I would suggest avoiding me for a while.

I will still continue to tag as i see fit.

Thanks and have a nice day.

You should have consulted with my inactive ass over this, I could have told you that. :PThe SBA had to make a separate group called Whiny Members because these members would complain about most member tags, and even many of the TPE related ones.

On the one hand, I don't understand why most members have an issue with it. On the other, for the really prominent members that often start their VHL day with 20+ notifications, I get their perspective, but that's like 5 people.

Edited by .sniffuM

3 hours ago, .sniffuM said:

You should have consulted with my inactive ass over this, I could have told you that. :PThe SBA had to make a separate group called Whiny Members because these members would complain about most member tags, and even many of the TPE related ones.

On the one hand, I don't understand why most members have an issue with it. On the other, for the really prominent members that often start their VHL day with 20+ notifications, I get their perspective, but that's like 5 people.

Tag me instead. Every time I see that 1 its like im doing a bump.

• 1 year later...
27 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

Your doing it wrong...but I guess you are use to women telling you that

giphy.gif

How does that even make sense and how would you know personal information like that without being told? Please stop or I will make a big scene and then pretend like I’m leaving so people care. 

6 minutes ago, Banackock said:

How does that even make sense and how would you know personal information like that without being told? Please stop or I will make a big scene and then pretend like I’m leaving so people care. 

Bana pulling up his big girl pants trying to get all sasy 

sassy conan obrien GIF

Just now, Banackock said:

Once upon a time I use to be privy to some pretty personal information, so I would say I am qualified to make that inference and quite a few others too.

As far as the rest goes, I feel no shame of any of my past actions. There have been times where I have honestly meant to close the door on VHL for good but for my own reasons I have not. All I am going to say is if that is the worst thing you have to throw back in my face that is pretty weak.  Oh no, I ruffled ppl feathers, got emotional and persevered (clearly I am a horrible human ...)

You really need to relax, I would tell you to go get laid but I wouldn't want to wish that evil on your partner, poor girl has already has taken too many for the team. ( I know she is a nurse so she has enough to deal with right now, she does not need to be tending to your delicate man ego as well)

2 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

Once upon a time I use to be privy to some pretty personal information, so I would say I am qualified to make that inference and quite a few others too.

As far as the rest goes, I feel no shame of any of my past actions. There have been times where I have honestly meant to close the door on VHL for good but for my own reasons I have not. All I am going to say is if that is the worst thing you have to throw back in my face that is pretty weak.  Oh no, I ruffled ppl feathers, got emotional and persevered (clearly I am a horrible human ...)

You really need to relax, I would tell you to go get laid but I wouldn't want to wish that evil on your partner, poor girl has already has taken too many for the team. ( I know she is a nurse so she has enough to deal with right now, she does not need to be tending to your delicate man ego as well)

Uhm no..  This massive few paragraphs you responded with is my point.. You’re all over the map on the inside.. just log off lol. If you wanna argue with someone, go look in the mirror.

Also.. why are you now bringing my girlfriend into this? Lol? I don’t need this silly internet shit, Blade. Neither do you. Whatever you’re doin is silly. Release whatever you have pent up and move the fuck on already! 

Have a good Sunday my dude. Make sure you’re washing your hands and making the world safe. Pew pew