Transaction Chronicles: The Advantage Timeline (Edition 14)

Advantage

To New York:

RW - Azmet Ali

To Cologne:

D - Mikkel Boomgaarden

This trade was simply put a minor deal that involved Cologne looking to get a cap dump and a depth defender, and my Americans team needing an upgrade on my second line forward group.  Ali had a solid career (with his team in NY being near the end) with 213 points in 432 career VHL games.  Meanwhile, Boomgaarden who was admittedly a bit of a draft disappointment, still went on to a long career with 166 points, 803 hits and 540 blocked shots in 432 games.  Pretty much a nothing trade but both teams sorta got what they needed with depth players.

To New York:

D - Chuck Goody

To Calgary:

NYA S46 2nd Round Pick (Kol Mikaelson)

NYA S45 3rd Round Pick (Geoff Reid)

This trade between my Americans and the Wranglers happened mainly due to the fact that Goody’s agent, Nike, wanted to play in the VHL and I had the cap space and the necessary assets to make a move happen.  Therefore, I was able to use my cap situation to acquire a valuable asset for only a could mediocre picks.  Geoff Reid never became anything special out of that third round pick, and Mikaelson was simply just a depth player that managed just 43 points in 240 career VHL games.  While Goody never turned out like I hoped, this was still an excellent trade due to the low value of the assets moved, and done so for a VHL level talent.  He would finish with 218 points, 498 hits and 775 blocked shots in 459 career VHL games.

To New York:

G - Niklaus Mikaelson

To Quebec:

S45 Cologne 1st (Lucas Zhukenov)

G - Jax Barnstormer

This was a highly debated deal mainly due to the fact that the GM of the Meute, Kesler, actually declined the trade after being posted.  This stemmed from believing that Niklaus Mikaelson was not going to retire, despite him telling Kesler that he was going to.  Mikaelson did retire and finished a very good career with sadly only 320 career VHL starts.  Finishing with a 169-122-29 record, 2.53 GAA and .919 save percentage, Mikaelson had a decent chance of being a VHL Hall of Famer had he continued on to finish his career.

Barnstormer was in his final season after retiring and finished his brief 160 game career with just 65 wins, a 2.97 GAA and .905 save percentage.  Zhukenov, as noted before, ended up being the player drafted ninth overall, by the Stockholm Vikings.  He didn’t have much of a career but did finish with 432 games played and recorded 228 points over that span as purely a second liner.

This trade was a necessary upgrade to try and continue to compete as Barnstormer was retiring and just couldn’t cut it.  I had very little interest in the first rounder as I expected it to be quite a low one, and it turned out to be true.  Overall, I like the value I got in this deal as I did get the best player and gave up nothing overly substantial.

Edited by Advantage