Philadelphia Reapers Press Conference

BladeMaiden

1) The Reapers have a tough end to the schedule, playing multiple games against top ranked opponents with only a couple of easier games against cellar-dwelling teams. Can the team survive this gauntlet and make the playoffs?
As long as we do better than the Kings we should be good.

2) Do you prepare differently for games against tough teams compared to games against easier teams?
Of course. Tough teams deserve more attention. Against the others I just shoot and score. Can't help it.

3) G - Isak Sjostrom ( @Austin2997 ) earned his first shutout in a 6-0 win against Ottawa. How important was that for him and the team?
I think it's encouraging for us to have a solid goalie in net. Ottawa isn't exactly doing good these days but not allowing goals against them is a great start.

4) The Reapers have only had a few fights this year. In fact, LW - Ben McGirr ( @cartoes ) has the most fights with 2. Why do you think that is? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
We're a team of pussies and I think some of us should stop slacking. Other teams need to start respecting us.

5) Say you’re hosting a video game tournament for the team. What game are you picking, how come?
Something like Mario Party. I just wanna win and don't care about making friends. All your stars are belong to us.

6) What snacks would you provide for the tournament?
Some weird asian snacks like chicken bbq chips.

On 10/14/2019 at 2:52 PM, DMaximus said:

New Questions! Answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE:

1)      The Reapers have a tough end to the schedule, playing multiple games against top ranked opponents with only a couple of easier games against cellar-dwelling teams. Can the team survive this gauntlet and make the playoffs?

Definitely 

2)      Do you prepare differently for games against tough teams compared to games against easier teams?

No, you can't ever assume a win. Always prepare.

3)      G - Isak Sjostrom ( @Austin2997 ) earned his first shutout in a 6-0 win against Ottawa. How important was that for him and the team?

It was a big boost. We knew he had it in him. 

4)      The Reapers have only had a few fights this year. In fact, LW - Ben McGirr ( @cartoes ) has the most fights with 2. Why do you think that is? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

The team knows that it has the skill to win. We can't afford to lose too many men to the sin bin in games. Although sometime you just have to drop the gloves. 

5)      Say you’re hosting a video game tournament for the team. What game are you picking, how come?

NHL20 obviously. Lets see how well these guys can really play hockey. 

6)      What snacks would you provide for the tournament?

Nachos. 100% best snack there is. 

On 10/14/2019 at 9:52 AM, DMaximus said:

New Questions! Answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE:

1)      The Reapers have a tough end to the schedule, playing multiple games against top ranked opponents with only a couple of easier games against cellar-dwelling teams. Can the team survive this gauntlet and make the playoffs?

Feel like we're getting better every week, I'm sure we'll make that final push

2)      Do you prepare differently for games against tough teams compared to games against easier teams?

Might watch a little more tape, take a few extra minutes at practice, but mostly I prepare about the same

3)      G - Isak Sjostrom ( @Austin2997 ) earned his first shutout in a 6-0 win against Ottawa. How important was that for him and the team?

Huge confidence booster for him, really gets the team together as well

4)      The Reapers have only had a few fights this year. In fact, LW - Ben McGirr ( @cartoes ) has the most fights with 2. Why do you think that is? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Not a bad thing, just means that we don't fight unnecessarily, only drop the gloves when we really need to

5)      Say you’re hosting a video game tournament for the team. What game are you picking, how come?

I don't know, maybe Fortnite, not really my jam but I know a lot of the guys in the league play it

6)      What snacks would you provide for the tournament?

Nachos, Jalapeno Poppers, Chips, pretty much all the stuff the nutrition guys tell us not to eat

1. The Reapers have a tough end to the schedule, playing multiple games against top ranked opponents with only a couple of easier games against cellar-dwelling teams. Can the team survive this gauntlet and make the playoffs?

Of course. We've been playing well recently.

2. Do you prepare differently for games against tough teams compared to games against easier teams?

Nope. Bud Light pre-game. 

3. G - Isak Sjostrom earned his first shutout in a 6-0 win against Ottawa. How important was that for him and the team?

It builds his confidence and frankly he earned a pack of Bud Light.

4. The Reapers have only had a few fights this year. In fact, LW - Ben McGirr has the most fights with 2. Why do you think that is? Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Only need a couple fights to get the boys buzzing. It's probably better that he's on the ice so he can contribute there though.

5. Say you’re hosting a video game tournament for the team. What game are you picking, how come?

Chel because I like hockey.

6. What snacks would you provide for the tournament?

Bud Light.

New questions! Answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE.

1)      Philadelphia missed the playoffs by 1 point. Describe your feelings about this.

2)      How do you feel about your personal performance this season?

3)      Are you rooting for a specific team in the VHLM playoffs? What about the VHL?

4)      Now with the off-season beginning, focus turns to next season. If you haven’t been drafted yet, is there a team you hope you’re drafted by? If you already have been drafted, what are your expectations for next season?

5)      Do you plan on travelling anywhere this off-season? Where and why?

6)      You’re allowed to keep 1 item from the Reaper arena, The Crematorium, what are you taking?

1)      Philadelphia missed the playoffs by 1 point. Describe your feelings about this.

Saddened by the result but proud to be part of this team.

Optimistic. I could have been better but I I also feel like I've made progress.

3)      Are you rooting for a specific team in the VHLM playoffs? What about the VHL?

No, it's just too tough to watch when you miss the playoffs yourself.

4)      Now with the off-season beginning, focus turns to next season. If you haven’t been drafted yet, is there a team you hope you’re drafted by? If you already have been drafted, what are your expectations for next season?

My expectations are to focus more on my discipline. Too many PIMs cost the team.

Singapore. I hear that it's lovely and very tidy.

6)      You’re allowed to keep 1 item from the Reaper arena, The Crematorium, wha

1)      Philadelphia missed the playoffs by 1 point. Describe your feelings about this.

Saddened by the result but proud to be part of this team.

2)      How do you feel about your personal performance this season?

Optimistic. I could have been better but I I also feel like I've made progress.

3)      Are you rooting for a specific team in the VHLM playoffs? What about the VHL?

No, it's just too tough to watch when you miss the playoffs yourself.

4)      Now with the off-season beginning, focus turns to next season. If you haven’t been drafted yet, is there a team you hope you’re drafted by? If you already have been drafted, what are your expectations for next season?

My expectations are to focus more on my discipline. Too many PIMs cost the team.

5)      Do you plan on travelling anywhere this off-season? Where and why?

Singapore. I hear that it's lovely and very tidy.

6)      You’re allowed to keep 1 item from the Reaper arena, The Crematorium, what are you taking?

Zamboni - who else can say that they own one!

7 hours ago, DMaximus said:

-It stings and I was only here for a quarter of the season, I'm sure it hurts more for the guys who have been here all year.

-I feel ok about how i did, however I think I'd like to get fewer penalties.

-I'm not rooting for anyone in particular, just want to see some good hockey.

-I'll be happy just to be drafted!

-Go back home to Finland for a bit, maybe I can do some off-season workouts with some of the other Fins.

6)      You’re allowed to keep 1 item from the Reaper arena, The Crematorium, what are you taking?

-I think I'll snag the very real scythe that the mascot uses.

On 10/21/2019 at 12:01 PM, DMaximus said:

Really sad o be honest, we fought so hard and played so well i thought we had at least earned a spot in the playoffs.

I'm very pleased with how i did this year. My D could be improved but compared to last year i looked great.

Well it was my former team the hounds but there out so i guess no one now.

My goal for next year is two things First finish with a positive +/- and second make the playoffs for the first time if i can do just one i'll be happy.

Well after playing for team Asia i might go travel to japan cause that seems like the coolest country to travel to.

well I've always wanted my own Zamboni and well its already a getaway vehicle if someone tries to stop me so i'm taking that.

1) Philadelphia missed the playoffs by 1 point. Describe your feelings about this.
Missing the playoffs sucks but missing them by 1 point is even worst. Our record wasn't that great so we only have ourselves to blame for it, though.

2) How do you feel about your personal performance this season?
I did way better than I expected. I never built a player that would lead his team in anything so it's been awesome to follow.

3) Are you rooting for a specific team in the VHLM playoffs? What about the VHL?
There are some people in the league I like and would be happy to see them win championships. I'm just too lazy to look up what team they play for.

4) Now with the off-season beginning, focus turns to next season. If you haven’t been drafted yet, is there a team you hope you’re drafted by? If you already have been drafted, what are your expectations for next season?
I would like to go to a team with a fun locker room. That's one of the only reasons why I join sim leagues. I'm going into the draft with an open mind and would be glad to play with any team.

5) Do you plan on travelling anywhere this off-season? Where and why?
Just go back to Japan so my people can worship me like the god I am.

6) You’re allowed to keep 1 item from the Reaper arena, The Crematorium, what are you taking?
I will be taking the Soulcrusher, which is basically a blue lagoon maker.

New questions for this week. Answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE.

1)      The VHL Finals are Malmo vs. Seattle. Who do you think is going to win? Why?

2)      The VHLM Finals are Yukon vs. Houston. Who do you think is going to win? Why?

3)      What non-hockey activities are you doing in the off-season to stay fit?

4)      What non-hockey activities are you doing in the off-season that are making you less fit?

5)      Did you form a romantic relationship with someone in Philadelphia? Will they be following you to your new team (or staying with you for another season in Philly)? Is that a good or bad thing?

6)      The Reaper fans created a tradition where they send all players unique gifts at the end of the season. What was your favorite gift you received from the fans?

7 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1)      The VHL Finals are Malmo vs. Seattle. Who do you think is going to win? Why?

I put my money on Seattle because they have been on a tear in the playoffs

2)      The VHLM Finals are Yukon vs. Houston. Who do you think is going to win? Why?

I put my money on Houston.  No real reason, I just like the cut of their jib

I've taken up rowing on the many lakes of Finland while I am home.

4)      What non-hockey activities are you doing in the off-season that are making you less fit?

I'm continuing to work on my science fiction novel series.  Many days are being spent hunched over a desk.

5)      Did you form a romantic relationship with someone in Philadelphia? Will they be following you to your new team (or staying with you for another season in Philly)? Is that a good or bad thing?

No romance for me currently.  I think that's fine since I wasn't there for long time and can just focus on my game.

6)      The Reaper fans created a tradition where they send all players unique gifts at the end of the season. What was your favorite gift you received from the fans?

A fan sent me a gift set with 3 hot sauces made from Carolina Reaper Peppers.

1) The VHL Finals are Malmo vs. Seattle. Who do you think is going to win? Why?
I have looked in the future and predict a Seattle victory.

2) The VHLM Finals are Yukon vs. Houston. Who do you think is going to win? Why?
The planets are not as well aligned for this series but I will give the edge to Houston. They seem to be able to generate a little more offense.

3) What non-hockey activities are you doing in the off-season to stay fit?
I've been doing some street fighting to make money on the side.

4) What non-hockey activities are you doing in the off-season that are making you less fit?
I've been doing some street fighting to make money on the side.
It's not going well.

5) Did you form a romantic relationship with someone in Philadelphia? Will they be following you to your new team (or staying with you for another season in Philly)? Is that a good or bad thing?
Girls all become crazy when they catch a glimpse of Hiroshi Okada. So he enjoys it while it lasts and will wait before he commits to a relationship.

6) The Reaper fans created a tradition where they send all players unique gifts at the end of the season. What was your favorite gift you received from the fans?
A grandma knitted a life size Hiroshi Okada kind of plush. Most people find it terrifying but I loved it. Margaret and I are now great friends.

22 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1. Seattle. They've been leading for the most part so far. Being 3-1 now it's just a matter of time before the Bears close things out. Oddly enough I'd normally say the team with the higher record, but I really don't know if Malmo can come back from it.

2. This one is tough. It's pretty close and could honestly go either way. I'd say Houston though and basically just cause on paper as well as record-wise they're the better team.

3. Briefly I played some basketball with my cousin Roy Johnson during his off-season. Now that the SBA season started, I've been playing some soccer here and there. Other than that it's just been hitting the gym.

4. Binge watching Netflix shows. Would be sitting for hours and just snacking on chips and candy. It's been great, but terrible all at the same time.

5. No I actually haven't. Hard to find someone who isn't trying to just leech on to you for your riches nowadays. So for me it's a good thing cause I can at least stay focused on my game.  

6. My favorite gift that I received was a knitted quilt with the shot I took for my first goal of the season. Looks like it took ALOT of effort and it's very comfortable as well.

On 10/30/2019 at 10:59 AM, DMaximus said:

I'm going with malmo i just have a good feeling about it.

Houston just because there logo is cooler.

gonna keep myself on a strict only cabbage diet and yes i will cry a lot because of it.

constantly cheating on this diet with whatever candy i see

yes actually i fell in love with this beautiful bright girl called the television, she spends hours telling me storys.

some guy sent me an urn labeled Andy Dick and i don't know how to feel about that, i dont even think hes dead but i'm to lazy to check 

Answer all 6 questions and claim for 2 TPE.

1)      The draft is this week. Are you excited?

2)      Describe the outfit you’ll be wearing to the draft.

3)      If you could create a new franchise, where would you put them? How come?

4)      Describe the first goal you ever scored.

5)      Check your pockets. Choose 1 item. Why is it in your pocket? How did it get there?

6)      What is your favorite smell? Why?

1 hour ago, DMaximus said:

1)      The draft is this week. Are you excited?

2)      Describe the outfit you’ll be wearing to the draft.

3)      If you could create a new franchise, where would you put them? How come?

4)      Describe the first goal you ever scored.

5)      Check your pockets. Choose 1 item. Why is it in your pocket? How did it get there?

6)      What is your favorite smell? Why?

1. Hella excited, I've been reading the write ups on me and where I might go

2. Found a pretty decent suit at the thrift shop, it's only a decade or so out of style.  Everything old is new again right?

3. Probably put one in my hometown, would be nice to be able to see my friends and family more often.

4. I remember it in slow motion, lane opened up on the power play and the tendie had moved slightly and for once I lined up a clapper and it went where I wanted it to, right into the twine.

5. Right now the only thing in my pockets is my phone, and it's there in case anyone needs to get ahold of me and so I can stay up to date on that Twitter.

6. Big fan of the smell of coffee, I hate mornings, but coffee can ease the pain of having to wake up.

1) The draft is this week. Are you excited?
I'm so excited and I just can't hide it.

2) Describe the outfit you’ll be wearing to the draft.
I will be attending the draft with my mother who will transport all my clothes, which will be colour-coded for every VHL franchise. She has been working out for the occasion. She's buff af.

3) If you could create a new franchise, where would you put them? How come?
Somewhere in Asia (Japan obviously) to break with the League's tradition of only having teams in America and Europe.

4) Describe the first goal you ever scored.
It had been a frustrating first season. No goals and like 2 assists. For my time in Philadelphia, I wanted people to remember me. So my first goal was spectacular. The goalie looked stupid. He had never seen hands faster than mine. He wept when he saw how well I skated. And, blinded by tears, he just couldn't make the save.
That or I deflected someone's shot. Who knows anymore.

5) Check your pockets. Choose 1 item. Why is it in your pocket? How did it get there?
Probably a chick's phone number. Women go craz... well, you know.

6) What is your favorite smell? Why?
My own body odor.

Season 69

1)      The draft is over. What was your reaction when your heard you name called?

2)      Philly made multiple trades in the draft, trading back from #3 overall to #5 and then trading #5 to #10. This allowed them to pick up additional 2nd and 3rd round picks, plus picks in future drafts. Do you think trading back in this draft was a good strategy?

3)      What does it mean to you to be a Reaper?

4)      For those of you who’s first time it is in Philly, what are you most interested in seeing? Returning players, what did you miss about Philly?

5)      What are your expectations for the team this season?

6)      What are your personal expectations this season?

1)      The draft is this week. Are you excited? 

I missed it, but I'm always looking forward to see who goes where.

2)      Describe the outfit you’ll be wearing to the draft. 

If I was there I would be wearing my blue plate armor, of course.

3)      If you could create a new franchise, where would you put them? How come? 

Somewhere in Ireland because that's where my dad's grandparents are from.

4)      Describe the first goal you ever scored. 

It was surprising, seeing as I'm a playmaker. It was a while ago so I don't remember it exactly as it happened, but it was a rebound goal in the crease.

5)      Check your pockets. Choose 1 item. Why is it in your pocket? How did it get there? 

Car keys. So I can drive my car. I bought a car so I could drive it and they gave me keys so I put them in my pocket.

6)      What is your favorite smell? Why? 

Probably a nice filet mignon.

On 11/12/2019 at 1:58 PM, DMaximus said:

1)      The draft is over. What was your reaction when your heard you name called?

Well actually I wasn't drafted, but I was just as happy when I got my free agent offer.

2)      Philly made multiple trades in the draft, trading back from #3 overall to #5 and then trading #5 to #10. This allowed them to pick up additional 2nd and 3rd round picks, plus picks in future drafts. Do you think trading back in this draft was a good strategy?

Yes. At this level you're more likely to win by committee than by relying on individual players. 

It's nice to be part of a franchise who is on the way up. I expect us to make the playoffs.

4)      For those of you who’s first time it is in Philly, what are you most interested in seeing? Returning players, what did you miss about Philly?

I missed the steaks from the local restaurants. 

Playoffs. 

More blocked shots.

4 hours ago, cartoes said:

On 11/12/2019 at 8:58 AM, DMaximus said:

Season 69

Relief. And it made it all that much better going to the Reapers!

I think it can work out great, just gotta make sure the draft picks pan out!

Means the world to me, fell in love with the team and city when I played here last season!

The cheesesteaks, 100% the cheesesteaks!

We have to make the playoffs. Last season we missed out by one point and it's stung ever since. Only thing that can erase that pain is making it to the dance!

I've worked real hard over the course of the off season. The only stat I really care about are the wins. If I have to be more individual though, I'd like to see my sv% as close to .900 as possible. Had a decent year last season but now I have almost double the TPE as I did last year so I'm expecting big things!

On 11/12/2019 at 7:58 AM, DMaximus said:

Season 69

I was in both drafts and was very excited with when I was taken in them.  I was a borderline 2nd/3rd round pick in the VHL and i ended up in the second.  I was also taken in the           1st round in the VHLM so that also felt good.

I wasn't able to watch the draft live but I think the moves all seem good.

It means a lot to me.  The Reapers helped bring me into the league so the team will always have a soft spot in my heart.  Plus they won't admit it, but all the players on the other           teams get a little spooked when they are on Reaper turf.  Something about that just feels good.

I missed those cheese steaks.  It will be hard not to pack on the pounds now that I'm back in town.

I think we are a strong team and should make the playoffs this year.

I've already matched my point total for last season, so it's pretty much all looking up from here.

Answer all 6 questions and claim for 2 TPE:

1)      The season has started. How does it feel to be back on the ice?

2)      What did you miss most about playing hockey?

3)      The Reapers are off to an ok start, going 4-4 in their first 8 games. What are your thoughts on the start of the season?

4)      The Reapers have added multiple players in the last week, they traded for Kim Jon Un ( @Gaudette ) and signed Adil Mahmood ( @Adil ) and Connor SandBurg ( @Columnari ). How important are the new players to the team?

5)      You made a bad deal with the wrong Reaper and now have to lost an appendage. What part of your body are you losing? Why?

6)      The Reaper Fan Club threw a crazy welcoming party for our team. What was the craziest thing you saw happen at the party?

2 hours ago, DMaximus said:

Great. You spend all off season preparing for this.

Definitely not the changing room smell.

3)      The Reapers are off to an ok start, going 4-4 in their first 8 games. What are your thoughts on the start of the season?

Nothing to worry about. It takes a few games to get chemistry with new players.

4)      The Reapers have added multiple players in the last week, they traded for Kim Jon Un ( @Gaudette ) and signed Adil Mahmood ( @Adil ) and Connor SandBurg ( @Columnari ). How important are the new players to the team?

Huge. They each have their own skills and will play a big part in how our season goes.

5)      You made a bad deal with the wrong Reaper and now have to lost an appendage. What part of your body are you losing? Why?

Index finger. Apparently it's something you could lose and not be too effected. The middle finger picks up the slack. I'd go left hand though as I'm a righty.

6)      The Reaper Fan Club threw a crazy welcoming party for our team. What was the craziest thing you saw happen at the party?

No comment.....

4 hours ago, DMaximus said:

Answer all 6 questions and claim for 2 TPE:

Feels great, a little rusty but should find a groove soon.

Missed the competitiveness. It's a long offseason without it.

We've played quite well I thought. As a goalie, I feel as if I could be playing much better. A couple games slipped away where I felt we could win if I'd come up with a couple extra saves.

As long as they can produce they'll be excruciatingly important!

if I had to choose one I support my left arm, who needs to wear a blocker anyways?!

Uhh... can't really remember a whole lot about that night to be honest...