Philadelphia Reapers Press Conference

BladeMaiden

1) The season has started. How does it feel to be back on the ice? 

Feels great. Happy to be back for sure. 

2) What did you miss most about playing hockey? 

Probably setting up my teammates.

3) The Reapers are off to an ok start, going 4-4 in their first 8 games. What are your thoughts on the start of the season? 

I really want to win the cup this season. If we can't get this going... well you probably know what I want to say. This is likely my last season before I retire from hockey.

4) The Reapers have added multiple players in the last week, they traded for Kim Jon Un, and signed Adil Mahmood and Connor SandBurg. How important are the new players to the team? 

They're going to be fantastic for us. I think our team is going to look pretty good later on.

5) You made a bad deal with the wrong Reaper and now have to lost an appendage. What part of your body are you losing? Why? 

Small toe on my left foot since I"m right-footed.

6) The Reaper Fan Club threw a crazy welcoming party for our team. What was the craziest thing you saw happen at the party? 

There wasn't any Bud Light. I find that quite offensive.

Edited by Dilly Dilly

1) The season has started. How does it feel to be back on the ice? 

Feels good, I did some for fun games in the off-season, but here things are on another level.

2) What did you miss most about playing hockey? 

Getting physical on the ice is a good way to relieve stress.

3) The Reapers are off to an ok start, going 4-4 in their first 8 games. What are your thoughts on the start of the season? 

It feels ok.  You always want to do better, but as long as we make the playoffs we have a chance to make some noise.

4) The Reapers have added multiple players in the last week, they traded for Kim Jon Un, and signed Adil Mahmood and Connor SandBurg. How important are the new players to the team? 

I think it's great to have more players, roster depth shouldn't be overlooked.

5) You made a bad deal with the wrong Reaper and now have to lost an appendage. What part of your body are you losing? Why? 

Probably my pinky finger on my right hand.  You probably don't need those right?

6) The Reaper Fan Club threw a crazy welcoming party for our team. What was the craziest thing you saw happen at the party? 

I saw the mascot hit one of the trainers with his scythe, funny thing though I haven't seen the trainer so far this season.

On 11/18/2019 at 6:15 AM, DMaximus said:

Answer all 6 questions and claim for 2 TPE:

1)      The season has started. How does it feel to be back on the ice?

First year, plan to make it amazing and hopefully be drafted in the first round.

2)      What did you miss most about playing hockey?

The Teamwork.

3)      The Reapers are off to an ok start, going 4-4 in their first 8 games. What are your thoughts on the start of the season?

Good, I'm working on scoring that first goal.

4)      The Reapers have added multiple players in the last week, they traded for Kim Jon Un ( @Gaudette ) and signed Adil Mahmood ( @Adil ) and Connor SandBurg ( @Columnari ). How important are the new players to the team?

Feels amazing having my twin @Columnari on the team #SandburgTwins so hugely important.

5)      You made a bad deal with the wrong Reaper and now have to lost an appendage. What part of your body are you losing? Why?

A Kidney, 100%

6)      The Reaper Fan Club threw a crazy welcoming party for our team. What was the craziest thing you saw happen at the party?

Alot of autographs.

On 11/18/2019 at 8:15 AM, DMaximus said:

1)      The season has started. How does it feel to be back on the ice?

2)      What did you miss most about playing hockey?

3)      The Reapers are off to an ok start, going 4-4 in their first 8 games. What are your thoughts on the start of the season?

4)      The Reapers have added multiple players in the last week, they traded for Kim Jon Un ( @Gaudette ) and signed Adil Mahmood ( @Adil ) and Connor SandBurg ( @Columnari ). How important are the new players to the team?

5)      You made a bad deal with the wrong Reaper and now have to lost an appendage. What part of your body are you losing? Why?

6)      The Reaper Fan Club threw a crazy welcoming party for our team. What was the craziest thing you saw happen at the party?

1. It feels great to be on the ice again, And im grateful for my opportunity with the Reapers.

2. I just missed the whole team aspect. Theres nothing like playing the sport you love with your brothers.

3. Though ive only been on the team for a few games now, I think we’ve come out a bit slow but i believe in this team and I know we can all elevate our game.

4. Im not quite familiar with the guys just yet, but the management here has been really good so I have faith in them.

5. Tough question to be honest. Hopefully i dont lose any body parts playing here but if i had to chose one id go with a hand or something haha.

6. I didnt attend the party but I heard a few things from the boys. Not too sure they’d appreciate me sharing those though 

1)      21 games into the season, Philadelphia is currently in 4th place in the standings. How are you feeling about the team after the first quarter of the season?

2)      Saskatoon is off to an incredible start. They currently have an 18 game winning streak. What’s it going to take to beat them?

3)      VHL scouts have been attending our games recently. What part of your game do you want to stand out for them?

4)      What’s your favorite thing to do to pass the time on the long bus trips from city to city?

5)      What’s a hockey trick that you can pull off but would be completely useless during a game? For example, I can throw the puck into the upper deck of the arena.

6)      You’re stranded on an island with just your hockey bag and everything in it. How do you use your gear to survive? How long are you surviving?

1)      21 games into the season, Philadelphia is currently in 4th place in the standings. How are you feeling about the team after the first quarter of the season?

I'm feeling good about it.  We are on pace to make the playoffs, which is all that matters.  I think we have shown that we can hang with anyone in the league.

2)      Saskatoon is off to an incredible start. They currently have an 18 game winning streak. What’s it going to take to beat them?

They look incredible right now.  I'm not sure what their weakness is but hopefully someone finds it.

3)      VHL scouts have been attending our games recently. What part of your game do you want to stand out for them?

My defensive skills and my passing ability.

4)      What’s your favorite thing to do to pass the time on the long bus trips from city to city?

I continue to have a side gig as a science fiction author.

5)      What’s a hockey trick that you can pull off but would be completely useless during a game? For example, I can throw the puck into the upper deck of the arena.

I can juggle pucks with my stick.  Not super helpful since there is only ever one puck on the ice.

6)      You’re stranded on an island with just your hockey bag and everything in it. How do you use your gear to survive? How long are you surviving?

Well i guess i would use my skates to sharpen one end of my stick into a spear to try to catch fish.  I guess I could use the bag itself to catch fish too.  Honostly I won't know what I'm doing and will probably die pretty quickly.

On 11/25/2019 at 11:06 AM, DMaximus said:

1)      21 games into the season, Philadelphia is currently in 4th place in the standings. How are you feeling about the team after the first quarter of the season?

Teams played great, hardly been outplayed by any team all season! Just gotta keep working!

2)      Saskatoon is off to an incredible start. They currently have an 18 game winning streak. What’s it going to take to beat them?

A strong complete team effort. Defense first and a few big saves. 

3)      VHL scouts have been attending our games recently. What part of your game do you want to stand out for them?

I want them to see my compete level. Even when I'm down and out I'll give it my all.

4)      What’s your favorite thing to do to pass the time on the long bus trips from city to city?

Sleep, can't get enough of it during the season!

5)      What’s a hockey trick that you can pull off but would be completely useless during a game? For example, I can throw the puck into the upper deck of the arena.

Not a hockey trick but I've played dodgeball at a national level... not a skill that translates well to being a goalie...

6)      You’re stranded on an island with just your hockey bag and everything in it. How do you use your gear to survive? How long are you surviving?

Probably not surviving long, I got WAY too much not buoyant items in my bag.

1) Team has really been clicking, and everyone is only getting better

2) Get pucks to the net and hope for a lot of puck luck

3) Defensive prowess, and I'd like them to see some of the quality hits I'm throwing

4) I got a lot of books on my reading list, but I'm also a big fan of taking some naps

5) I can do that one handed postage stamp deke move, I've never tried it against a goalie though...

6) Oh man, I guess I could use my skate to open a coconut or something maybe try and fashion my stick and a skate lace into a fishing pole.  I'd probably be screwed

On 11/25/2019 at 10:06 AM, DMaximus said:

I am feeling good I fell like we have a good chance at making it in the playoffs. Right now we are on a little win streak and I hope we can keep it up and win some more games.

They are a really good team and it’s going to take a lot but I think a little more practice and I think a little later in the season we can stop them.

I want my leadership to stand out. I’ve got 2 assists and I hope to get a lot more but I just want them to how good of a team player I am.

I like to listen to music and maybe talk to family.

I can actually hit the goalies water bottle from a slap shot at the line.

Well I would first probably have my water bottle in there so drink that to survive then I would use my stick to hunt and my gear to wear as protection. But I think I could live for a few months.

1: I wasnt here the first quarter but it seems like we are pretty good.

2:Alot of skill

3: My Scoring

4:Play games.

5:I can boomerang the puck.

6:I use my gear to survive by hitting predators with it, Id probably survive like 4 days.

1)      The Reapers got in a line brawl near the end of a recent game against the Houston Bulls (https://vhlportal.com/VHLM/69/VHLM69-111.html). Which ultimately saw Kin Jong Un get ejected for his actions in a fight against Jesus Christ. The game set a Reaper franchise record for most PIM in a game and had the 9th most penalty minutes in any game in VHLM history.

The Reapers play the Bulls again soon. How are you getting ready for that game?

2)      Goalie Isak Sjostrom @Austin2997 is tied for the league lead in shutouts. What about his play puts him at the top of that category?

3)      Unfortunately, Philadelphia is near the top of the league in overtime losses. What do we need to do to get better in OT?

4)      You get to pick the playlist for the next away trip. What are we listening to?

5)      As you know, when you get a 1st star at a home game the local Philly ice cream shop The Franklin Fountain gives you a free scoop of ice cream of your choice. What flavor are you choosing, why?

6)      If you were locked in a straight jacket then stuffed in your hockey locker what technique would you use to get out? How long would it take?

1)      The Reapers got in a line brawl near the end of a recent game against the Houston Bulls (https://vhlportal.com/VHLM/69/VHLM69-111.html). Which ultimately saw Kin Jong Un get ejected for his actions in a fight against Jesus Christ. The game set a Reaper franchise record for most PIM in a game and had the 9th most penalty minutes in any game in VHLM history.

I think i will take some time out of normal practice and get some boxing practice in.

2)      Goalie Isak Sjostrom is tied for the league lead in shutouts. What about his play puts him at the top of that category?

Well I'd like to take some credit for playing some good D in front of him :) .  But seriously to get shutouts it means you are on your A game for the entire 60 minutes (or more) or hockey.  You can't have any mistakes.  He's our last line of defense and he's killing it.

3)      Unfortunately, Philadelphia is near the top of the league in overtime losses. What do we need to do to get better in OT?

I think the best way would be to stop getting to OT period.  We are near the bottom in PP%, if we were converting more when we have the advantage we don't have to worry about OT.

4)      You get to pick the playlist for the next away trip. What are we listening to?

I've been listening to Starset's new album pretty much non stop since it came out, so probably this playlist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXng1JE9dmk&list=PLzLnsw-yVvLhEX0VIpNj8qCVrJ4JM5Kno .

5)      As you know, when you get a 1st star at a home game the local Philly ice cream shop The Franklin Fountain gives you a free scoop of ice cream of your choice. What flavor are you choosing, why?

I am a big fan of cookies n' cream.  You get the vanilla taste with some nice chocolate slightly crunchy bits.

6)      If you were locked in a straight jacket then stuffed in your hockey locker what technique would you use to get out? How long would it take?

I'm not sure but I'm very concerned that you are asking.  Is...is this why some of the lockers are off limits?  Is that what happened to the players the team "released"?

1 hour ago, DMaximus said:

1)      The Reapers got in a line brawl near the end of a recent game against the Houston Bulls (https://vhlportal.com/VHLM/69/VHLM69-111.html). Which ultimately saw Kin Jong Un get ejected for his actions in a fight against Jesus Christ. The game set a Reaper franchise record for most PIM in a game and had the 9th most penalty minutes in any game in VHLM history.

I am going to practice and get better at my shots and not focus on fighting cause I am it a fighter.

2)      Goalie Isak Sjostrom @Austin2997 is tied for the league lead in shutouts. What about his play puts him at the top of that category? He is just a great goal and he gets help from the team to get him those shutout. He plays amazing he is great At being on time to make a save and is an all out great teammate.

3)      Unfortunately, Philadelphia is near the top of the league in overtime losses. What do we need to do to get better in OT?

Overtime is a pressure time. We need to stay focused and focus on the game and getting that winning goal or have good defense and go into a shootout.

4)      You get to pick the playlist for the next away trip. What are we listening to?

some nice old 70s music.

5)      As you know, when you get a 1st star at a home game the local Philly ice cream shop The Franklin Fountain gives you a free scoop of ice cream of your choice. What flavor are you choosing, why?

I would chose Superman cause it’s been my favorite flavor ever sense I was a kid.

6)      If you were locked in a straight jacket then stuffed in your hockey locker what technique would you use to get out? How long would it take?

I would try to unzip the bag and then try to pick the locker door. This might take me an hour or two.

10 hours ago, DMaximus said:

I'll focus on the hockey and let Kin Jong Un do the fighting 

2)      Goalie Isak Sjostrom @Austin2997 is tied for the league lead in shutouts. What about his play puts him at the top of that category?

His calm demeanor and not over committing to saves. 

Focus on winning in regulation, avoid OT all together.

Oasis.

Caramel - something sweet, just like getting a first star.

I've been with this team for a while now, that an initiation for the rookies. 

14 hours ago, DMaximus said:

I'm replacing my glove and blocker with boxing gloves for that one.

Without the stellar D, I might have no shutouts. Gotta thank them for that!

Seems like we get gassed out after the 3rd, a little bit better conditioning might go a long way.

The boys love nsync for some reason, probably that to make them happy.

Philnilla. Philly's take on french vanilla ice cream. 

I wouldn't fit in the locker, waaaay too large for that. That's been my technique all my life, eat so much you can't fit into anything... not even my own jeans!!

1)      With less than 25 games to go in the season, the Reapers seem like a lock for the playoffs. Are you going to change your game in preparation for the playoffs? Maybe play a little more cautious?

2)      The Reapers have really beaten down Houston in the last couple of games. We’re 5-0 with a total score of 24-8. Why do we perform so well against last season’s champions?

3)      Philadelphia features a league high 9 players with 30 or more points. Why do you think the team’s scoring is distributed through so many players?

4)      The team’s dietitians keep a pretty strict regimen. What food do you hate, but you still eat because you know it helps your body?

5)      You get to pick a song that plays whenever you score a goal. What song is your goal song?

6)      What was your first word? Are you proud or ashamed of it being your first word? Why?

1) With less than 25 games to go in the season, the Reapers seem like a lock for the playoffs. Are you going to change your game in preparation for the playoffs? Maybe play a little more cautious?

I don't think I need to be cautious.  I think I've done a good job of keeping my time in the sin bin low, and I'm not too worried about getting injured.

2) The Reapers have really beaten down Houston in the last couple of games. We’re 5-0 with a total score of 24-8. Why do we perform so well against last season’s champions?

Besides us being a good team, I think Houston is paying it's price for going all out last season.

3) Philadelphia features a league high 9 players with 30 or more points. Why do you think the team’s scoring is distributed through so many players?

I think management has focused on having depth instead of having 1 line with super starts.

4) The team’s dietitians keep a pretty strict regimen. What food do you hate, but you still eat because you know it helps your body?

If we eat pizza it has to be made with cauliflower crust.  I don't know how they get away with it because I'm sure it's against some sort of international humanitarian agreement, but I haven't found which one yet.

5) You get to pick a song that plays whenever you score a goal. What song is your goal song?

There are a lot of good songs out there, any song i pick would probably change all the time.  Lets start with The Crazy Ones by the Stellar Revival

6) What was your first word? Are you proud or ashamed of it being your first word? Why?

I'm not sure to be honest, since I don't know it was probably one of the normal ones like dada or moma or something like that. 

On 11/25/2019 at 10:06 AM, DMaximus said:

I am feeling pretty good I feel like if we keep playing how we do we can get 3rd or maybe even 2nd.

2)      Saskatoon is off to an incredible start. They currently have an 18 game winning streak. What’s it going to take to beat them? It is going to take a lot of practice but I think the next time we play them we could maybe win.

I want me leadership to stand out.

I love to listen to 70s music.

I can score a goal for half well on the phone.

I would use my stick for hunting and my water bottle for drinking and I think I could survive for 5-6 months.

8 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1)      With less than 25 games to go in the season, the Reapers seem like a lock for the playoffs. Are you going to change your game in preparation for the playoffs? Maybe play a little more cautious?

2)      The Reapers have really beaten down Houston in the last couple of games. We’re 5-0 with a total score of 24-8. Why do we perform so well against last season’s champions?

3)      Philadelphia features a league high 9 players with 30 or more points. Why do you think the team’s scoring is distributed through so many players?

4)      The team’s dietitians keep a pretty strict regimen. What food do you hate, but you still eat because you know it helps your body?

5)      You get to pick a song that plays whenever you score a goal. What song is your goal song?

6)      What was your first word? Are you proud or ashamed of it being your first word? Why?

1) Little more time in the hot tub, make sure to keep the muscles loose, don't need to get hurt before we start the playoffs

2) We've just really got their number, almost feels like we're on their bench or in their coaches head

3) A lot of chemistry this year, it's easy to make those no look passes when you know your guy is going to be there for you

4) Lima beans, I don't even know why they're part of my diet, they all know I hate them

5) Now that I score a little bit more I should think about that, probably some power metal song like Powerwolf - We Drink Your Blood, that feels like a good song for a Reapers goal

6) I'm not sure what my first word was but I'm told my first phrase was "get the kitty" so I guess I liked to attack the family cat

1) With less than 25 games to go in the season, the Reapers seem like a lock for the playoffs. Are you going to change your game in preparation for the playoffs? Maybe play a little more cautious? 

We're still fighting for positioning in the playoffs so I don't intend to let off the gas too much. 

2) The Reapers have really beaten down Houston in the last couple of games. We’re 5-0 with a total score of 24-8. Why do we perform so well against last season’s champions? 

They suck I guess. Maybe it's because they have one player that can actually do anything worth a mention. 

3) Philadelphia features a league high 9 players with 30 or more points. Why do you think the team’s scoring is distributed through so many players? 

We have so many players that can make a difference. 

4) The team’s dietitians keep a pretty strict regimen. What food do you hate, but you still eat because you know it helps your body? 

I drink Bud Light but that's about it. 

5) You get to pick a song that plays whenever you score a goal. What song is your goal song? 

Bud Light theme song. 

6) What was your first word? Are you proud or ashamed of it being your first word? Why? 

Light. Very proud. Bud Light > Bud Light Platinum.

On 12/10/2019 at 12:42 PM, DMaximus said:

Just going to keep things rolling, try to get into a good groove going into the playoffs!

It's a little easier to get up in the morning when you're playing the champs. It's exciting,  it's a measuring stick. You want to play well and thats exactly what we've done. It's just motivation to beat the best I suppose!

We have no egos, everybody wants to play for each other. It's built tremendous chemistry. And our GM has done a great job finding ways to maximize each players potential!

I like most foods, never been one to eat junk but if I had to choose, I really hate eggs and for some reason this team is just obsessed with eating eggs for breakfast everyday!!

As a goalie I'm not going to score many goals, if I ever do that I wouldn't want a song I'd want somebody to have me mic'd up so they can hear my tears of absolute joy!

6)      What was your first word? Are you proud or ashamed of it being your first word? Why

My first word was "pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis" The longest word in the English dictionary. My parents weren't too pleased because we're Swedish, they had no idea how I even knew English? 

On 12/10/2019 at 5:42 PM, DMaximus said:

25 games is still a long time for other teams to catch us up. I'm not changing anything.

They have a cup hangover and we want to prove ourselves.

Great use of each players ice time by the coach. The GM has built us a good roster too.

Kale

Voodoo People

You know what, I've never been told what my first word was!

1)      If the current standings hold, Philadelphia will face Halifax in the opening round of the playoffs. Anything you’d like to say to Halifax before the series begins?

2)      Have you been following the VHL this season? Who do you think will win it all? Why?

3)      Describe the hardest hit on the ice you’ve ever given.

4)      Describe the hardest hit on the ice you’ve ever taken.

5)      An anagram is when you rearrange letters of a word to form a new word like listen - > silent. What’s the best anagram you can make from your player’s name?

6)      The holidays are upon us, what is at the top of your want list?