Philadelphia Reapers Press Conference

BladeMaiden

On 1/13/2020 at 6:03 PM, DMaximus said:

Answer all 6 questions and claim for 6 TPE:

Might want to change that bit, I've had to deny an update that had someone try and claim press conference for 6 TPE. 

1)      The S70 draft has come and gone for both the VHL and VHLM. What was your draft day experience like?

My draft day experience was exciting. I had the good fortune of being drafted by the Helsinki Titans 11th overall in the first round. I don't know if I'll see much playing time with them, but I'm excited for what the future holds and definitely want to become an impactful player with them.

2)      New players, how do you feel about joining the Philadelphia Reapers? If you’ve already on the team, what do you think of the new blood?

I think they have a lot of potential. I imagine a lot of them will not only excited, but really nervous as well. For a lot of these young guys, this is the highest level they've competed in, and I want to make sure they're in good hands and have good guidance, not just from myself but from some of the other veterans as well.

3)      What are your expectations for the Reapers this season?

We have a few guys returning including myself who are significantly better than we were last season. I expect us to at least be close to if not better than we were last season.

4)      What are your expectations for yourself?

I'm expecting myself to be much more disciplined. I think my tendency to let my emotions get the better of me really contributed to racking up a lot of penalty minutes. If I can stop myself from getting penalties, I'll have more opportunities to have impact on the ice.

5)      Use exactly 3 words to summarize your offseason.

Drafted by Helsinki.

6)      The Reaper maintenance team is looking for suggestions for what they can do to the opposing team’s locker room less comfortable. What’s your suggestion?

1. Don't wash it - ever.

2. Leave all the shower-heads partially clogged. Enough to make it frustrating but not enough to restrict the entire water flow.

3. Have all the benches sit higher on one side than the other.

Answer all 6 questions and claim for 2 TPE:

1)      The new season is about to begin. Rate your excitement level 1-10. Explain why.

2)      Do you find it hard to transition from off-season mode back into hockey mode? Why or why not?

3)      Who do you think is going to be our toughest opponent this season? How come?

4)      Recently Reaper management put up a suggestion box in the locker room. What suggestion did you make?

5)      For our long trips, do you bring your own movies to watch on a personal device or do you just watch whatever is being shown on the bus/plane?

6)      Say we’re playing an away game in Ottawa, in the middle of the game everyone except for Reaper players and staff immediately turn into a zombie. Everyone… players, coaches, fans and they all start coming to eat our team. How are you making it out alive?

1)      The new season is about to begin. Rate your excitement level 1-10. Explain why.

I'm at a 10.  I think coming in we are looking really strong so I have high expectations for us this season.

2)      Do you find it hard to transition from off-season mode back into hockey mode? Why or why not?

No, I still work pretty hard in the off-season and am always excited to get back into it.

3)      Who do you think is going to be our toughest opponent this season? How come?

I don't want to sleep on anyone but I'd say either San Diego or Ottawa .  Both rosters have some depth and top level talent.

4)      Recently Reaper management put up a suggestion box in the locker room. What suggestion did you make?

I'm still very concerned about the lockers we can't go into.

5)      For our long trips, do you bring your own movies to watch on a personal device or do you just watch whatever is being shown on the bus/plane?

I bring my own device.

6)      Say we’re playing an away game in Ottawa, in the middle of the game everyone except for Reaper players and staff immediately turn into a zombie. Everyone… players, coaches, fans and they all start coming to eat our team. How are you making it out alive?

As always I'm very concerned about how specific these questions are, like is there a planned outbreak happening?  Anyway obviously we sacrifice the inactive players while the rest of us make an escape. 

10 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1)      The new season is about to begin. Rate your excitement level 1-10. Explain why.

10 a new season is a very exciting thing because its new beginnings

2)      Do you find it hard to transition from off-season mode back into hockey mode? Why or why not?

Yeah, in the offseason i can eat what i want but the regular season requires healthy food

3)      Who do you think is going to be our toughest opponent this season? How come?

I really dont know as im new to the vhl

4)      Recently Reaper management put up a suggestion box in the locker room. What suggestion did you make?

None yet

5)      For our long trips, do you bring your own movies to watch on a personal device or do you just watch whatever is being shown on the bus/plane?

I have my own movies to watch, not gonna catch me out here watching old movies on the bus

6)      Say we’re playing an away game in Ottawa, in the middle of the game everyone except for Reaper players and staff immediately turn into a zombie. Everyone… players, coaches, fans and they all start coming to eat our team. How are you making it out alive?

I throw the smallest player into the zombies to take one for the team. i then take off the hockey skates and attack zombies that come at me with it.

On 1/21/2020 at 11:18 AM, DMaximus said:

Definitely 10/10. Best time of the year!

Mentally it's real tough. You go from home relaxing straight into the grind. Physically it's okay but mentally is the toughest part.

The league has great talent all the way through it, I think it'll be important for us to play every team as hard as we can.

I haven't made my way over to the suggestion box yet, I'm pretty content with everything. If I had to be nitpicky, I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing the goalie stats posted after each game!

Usually just watch what's playing, good way to bond as a team. 

I'm hiding behind my teammates! Isn't it a players job to protect their goalie?!

On 1/21/2020 at 11:18 AM, DMaximus said:

1. my excitement level for this season is a full on ten outta ten. After what was a very up and down career with Dan Montgomery (continental cup champion and Valiq trophy winner), I’m excited for a new shot with the French Flamingo.

2. I think the transitioning from offseason the the regular season, as a skill player like myself, is incredibly difficult. I don’t lift weights and eat a lot of tacos in the off-season because it’s vacation, so having to do cardio again is awful.

3. the Yukon rush of course! I have plenty of ties to the franchise I led to a championship game lost, and look forward to the sentimental reunion I’ll receive at our first away game there. 

4. I heard that there was an anonymous player who told the GM to give more minutes to leFlamant. That kid is a flamingo off the ice, but is poised with the puck, and knows how to find an open man.

5. I exclusively watch my own highlight reels from the different levels Of hockey at I’ve played in. Why watch movies when you can watch a true and pure form of art in motion. Sometimes though it’s a little NSFW when I “undress the goaltender”. 

6. first thing would be to attach the blade from my skate to my stick to have a deadly weapon. Then I’ll do what I do best and outspeed everyone else and get away without being touched. Who wants to hang with zombies, not me!

1)      The season is underway. How are you feeling?

2)      Griff Manzer @Garsh and Richard Fitzwell @Tomato Soupare leading the league in penalty minutes and Isak Sjostrom @Austin2997 is leading goalies in PIM. Why do you think that is?

3)      Philadelphia has 9 wins and 3 loses. The losses are to Ottawa and Minnesota, both teams that sit above us in the standings. What needs to change to beat those teams?

4)      Do you still get nervous before games? If yes, how do you handle the nerves? If no, what emotions are you feeling before the game?

5)      Do you pack a lot or a little for road trips? What is the one essential item you must bring on every trip?

6)      The Mayor of Philadelphia gives you the power to create a holiday. What are you naming the day, what day is it, and what do people do to celebrate?

7 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1)      The season is underway. How are you feeling? 
          I'm feeling pretty good. I feel like we're off to a pretty decent start  so far.

2)      Griff Manzer @Garsh and Richard Fitzwell @Tomato Soupare leading the league in penalty minutes and Isak Sjostrom @Austin2997 is leading goalies in PIM. Why do you think that is?
          I'm not too sure honestly. We haven't been to disciplined lately as a team and thats something we'll need to get better at as the season goes on.

3)      Philadelphia has 9 wins and 3 loses. The losses are to Ottawa and Minnesota, both teams that sit above us in the standings. What needs to change to beat those teams?

We just need a full team effort. We need every player to dig in to find success against the top teams.

4)      Do you still get nervous before games? If yes, how do you handle the nerves? If no, what emotions are you feeling before the game?
          Always. Usually about 2 hours before the game the nerves start to hit. As soon as the puck drops though, they always seem to disappear.

5)      Do you pack a lot or a little for road trips? What is the one essential item you must bring on every trip?
          Well depends on home long the road trip is, but I'm generally a pretty simple packer. As long as I have my headphones I'm good.

6)      The Mayor of Philadelphia gives you the power to create a holiday. What are you naming the day, what day is it, and what do people do to celebrate?

Oh boy... I have no idea. I guess I'd maybe make my birthday a holiday. It'd be nice to just get the day off.

Edited by DirtyDerek

1)      The season is underway. How are you feeling?

Feeling pretty good, been working out my aggression on the opposition, more on that in a bit.

2)      Griff Manzer @Garsh and Richard Fitzwell @Tomato Soupare leading the league in penalty minutes and Isak Sjostrom @Austin2997 is leading goalies in PIM. Why do you think that is?

I can't speak for the others but for me one thing I worked on was being more physical with my game.  I'm on pace to beat my number of hits by a good amount.  A side effect of that, I think, are these extra penalties I am picking up.

3)      Philadelphia has 9 wins and 3 loses. The losses are to Ottawa and Minnesota, both teams that sit above us in the standings. What needs to change to beat those teams?

I think on paper we are a great team but have been playing down to some of our competition and then we get bad habits and don't play like we should against the good teams.

4)      Do you still get nervous before games? If yes, how do you handle the nerves? If no, what emotions are you feeling before the game?

I don't get nervous anymore.  I definitely feel excited before hitting the ice.

5)      Do you pack a lot or a little for road trips? What is the one essential item you must bring on every trip?

I gota have my laptop, I use it for so many forms of entertainment/media.

6)      The Mayor of Philadelphia gives you the power to create a holiday. What are you naming the day, what day is it, and what do people do to celebrate?

What a mad man, giving me power.  I would turn the day of the first Reaper's game each season into a holiday.  People would eat lots of food and watch the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE:

1)      About 20 games left in the regular season. How are you feeling?

2)      Philadelphia has recently had some strong wins against top-ranked teams. How does that project as we move to the playoffs?

3)      Philly has 3 defensemen in the top 10 scoring list, Kyle Andersen, Griff Manzer, and Richard Fitzwell. How does our offensive minded defense help the team?

4)      Is there a team you’d like to face in the first round of the playoffs? Who?

5)      Some sports players recite a mantra, a short phrase meant to maintain focus and/or hype themselves up, what is your mantra?

6)      For a charity event you have to juggle the most dangerous hockey related thing you can handle. What are you juggling?

8 hours ago, DMaximus said:

2)      Philadelphia has recently had some strong wins against top-ranked teams. How does that project as we move to the playoffs?

3)      Philly has 3 defensemen in the top 10 scoring list, Kyle Andersen, Griff Manzer, and Richard Fitzwell. How does our offensive minded defense help the team?

4)      Is there a team you’d like to face in the first round of the playoffs? Who?

5)      Some sports players recite a mantra, a short phrase meant to maintain focus and/or hype themselves up, what is your mantra?

6)      For a charity event you have to juggle the most dangerous hockey related thing you can handle. What are you juggling?

1. Im feeling pretty good. I like where our team is heading, just need to touch up a few things and we’ll be looking good for playoffs.

2. Its great. Its good for the morale of the team. We all know to win this year we need to beat the top teams and our recent results show we are a contender.

3. It helps a ton. All of them are great for the team. They move the puck well and quickly. 

4. Not really, I just want to make it in and we’ll go from there.

5. I don’t really have one to be honest. Something that keeps me focused though is just my teammates. Knowing I got to go out and perform for them really helps me hit my top potential.

6. Oh god, I feel like skates are the answer here. Wouldn’t want to do it but if its for charity why not give it a shot. 

1)      About 20 games left in the regular season. How are you feeling?
         Feeling okay, I think the team isn't performing at what it is capable of but hopefully we can work out any kinks in the remaining  weeks.

2)      Philadelphia has recently had some strong wins against top-ranked teams. How does that project as we move to the playoffs?

Not sure, we need to beat them consistently, hard to tell from one offs.

3)      Philly has 3 defensemen in the top 10 scoring list, Kyle Andersen, Griff Manzer, and Richard Fitzwell. How does our offensive minded defense help the team?

I think it's helpful in that the other teams have to work hard to cover all 5 guys at all times.

4)      Is there a team you’d like to face in the first round of the playoffs? Who?

I don't have any particular team in mind but someone we match up well against obviously.

6)      For a charity event you have to juggle the most dangerous hockey related thing you can handle. What are you juggling? (re-orded because of youtube video)

I can't juggle so trying to juggle anything makes it dangerous.

5)      Some sports players recite a mantra, a short phrase meant to maintain focus and/or hype themselves up, what is your mantra?

I watch this several times and repeat along with it.

On 2/17/2020 at 10:53 AM, DMaximus said:

It's crazy too me it's went by fast we've had some rough games but I also believe we can finish top three.

It shows that these teams are beatable we just have to stay focused during these games.

It just shows how deadly offensively we can be not just the forwards are able to capitalize but our defense can.

San Diego it would be nice to settle my Rivarly in the first round.

Can't say I really have one honestly I've just been focusing on the game.

I would have to go with skates and sticks at the same time.

1)      About 20 games left in the regular season. How are you feeling?

I'm not entirely sure. I feel like we're not playing to our potential. We have 4 or 5 of the best players in the VHLM and we're still not even close to being top 3. That being said, I still think we have a lot of upset potential come playoffs.

2)      Philadelphia has recently had some strong wins against top-ranked teams. How does that project as we move to the playoffs?

While we may be 5th, the top 4 teams are all very close to each other in terms of W/L. Going back to what I said in the first question, I think we have a lot of upset potential and could possibly make a run at the finals.

3)      Philly has 3 defensemen in the top 10 scoring list, Kyle Andersen, Griff Manzer, and Richard Fitzwell. How does our offensive minded defense help the team?

It gives us a lot more options in terms of who has scoring potential. It means our power play is even more deadly as we're not restricted to just 1 or 2 players who can make a play. This also means that the pressure to score isn't entirely on our offense.

4)      Is there a team you’d like to face in the first round of the playoffs? Who?

I would love to play San Diego. They've had our number for the better part of the season and I would love to have the opportunity to knock them out in the first round if we could.

5)      Some sports players recite a mantra, a short phrase meant to maintain focus and/or hype themselves up, what is your mantra?

"It's not over until I win"

6)      For a charity event you have to juggle the most dangerous hockey related thing you can handle. What are you juggling?

Goalie sticks.

Answer all 6 questions and claim for 2 TPE

1)      The playoffs are almost here and it looks like we’ll be matched up against Houston in the opening round. We went 3-4 against them in the regular season, so it should be a close series. What are your thoughts?

2)      Is there anything you’d like to say to a Houston player before the series? Their top point getter is defenseman Hugh Jass. Their top line consists of Erik Killinger, Jimothy Frost, and Kristopher McDagg. And their star goalie Stone Wolski.

3)      There’s a little bit of history between these two teams as they were both S66 expansion teams. What, if any, effect does that have on the upcoming series?

4)      We’re the Reapers, otherworldly beings that harvest souls for the underworld, they’re Bulls, an animal we use for our own entertainment and food. Do you think the team name has an impact on the mental performance of the players?

5)      We have a bet with Houston that the winning team gets to take a souvenir from the visiting team’s locker room? What are you taking from our locker room in Houston as a memento of our victory?

6)      Say the ice melted in the middle of the game and we had to finish the game playing water polo instead of hockey. Are we going to win? Why or why not?  

On 2/25/2020 at 10:11 AM, DMaximus said:

1)      The playoffs are almost here and it looks like we’ll be matched up against Houston in the opening round. We went 3-4 against them in the regular season, so it should be a close series. What are your thoughts?

2)      Is there anything you’d like to say to a Houston player before the series? Their top point getter is defenseman Hugh Jass. Their top line consists of Erik Killinger, Jimothy Frost, and Kristopher McDagg. And their star goalie Stone Wolski.

3)      There’s a little bit of history between these two teams as they were both S66 expansion teams. What, if any, effect does that have on the upcoming series?

4)      We’re the Reapers, otherworldly beings that harvest souls for the underworld, they’re Bulls, an animal we use for our own entertainment and food. Do you think the team name has an impact on the mental performance of the players?

5)      We have a bet with Houston that the winning team gets to take a souvenir from the visiting team’s locker room? What are you taking from our locker room in Houston as a memento of our victory?

6)      Say the ice melted in the middle of the game and we had to finish the game playing water polo instead of hockey. Are we going to win? Why or why not?  

1. I think we should do well against Houston. I think if we can play a fast game they wont be able to keep up.

2. I got nothing to say to them.

3. I don't think theres much to look into on that note. It's just two good hockey teams going at it.

4. Again, I don't think anyone thinks like that, but who knows. There are some pretty superstitious people out there.

5. What do they even have over there? I think we just raid the equipment room.

6. I think so. We got some talented athletes on our team. 

On 2/25/2020 at 11:11 AM, DMaximus said:

Its going to be tough but I think we can pull it off, were both evenly matched.

All I can say is good luck and don't underestimate us.

I don't think it will, it'll just be two good teams battling it out.

It can be used for hype and morale booster.

Strip the logos, so they just have a blank room.

Welp I don't know I would drown easily, but I think we have enough talent.

1)      The playoffs are almost here and it looks like we’ll be matched up against Houston in the opening round. We went 3-4 against them in the regular season, so it should be a close series. What are your thoughts?

I expect it to be close, but we can definitely come out on top of this one.

2)      Is there anything you’d like to say to a Houston player before the series? Their top point getter is defenseman Hugh Jass. Their top line consists of Erik Killinger, Jimothy Frost, and Kristopher McDagg. And their star goalie Stone Wolski.

Nothing to say, hopefully it's a good series.

3)      There’s a little bit of history between these two teams as they were both S66 expansion teams. What, if any, effect does that have on the upcoming series?

I don't think it factors in much, but it would be great to come out as the better expansion team.

4)      We’re the Reapers, otherworldly beings that harvest souls for the underworld, they’re Bulls, an animal we use for our own entertainment and food. Do you think the team name has an impact on the mental performance of the players?

I wish, we would be the best team every year if that was the case!  With an exception of some very superstitious players/people I don't think you think about that once you get into the league.

5)      We have a bet with Houston that the winning team gets to take a souvenir from the visiting team’s locker room? What are you taking from our locker room in Houston as a memento of our victory?

I'll try to take the horns of a bull logo somewhere, grab the bull by the horns you know?

6)      Say the ice melted in the middle of the game and we had to finish the game playing water polo instead of hockey. Are we going to win? Why or why not?  

I'm not sure, we would have to run it through a water polo sim engine to figure it out.  Someone contact SimonT Water Polo.

I think that we are gonna definently win the series against Houston. Its just one of those things that will happen

Stone Wolski, Your gonna have to do a good job because if not you loose.

Nah i don't think that will have any effect on the game

Yeah I mean being named after a soul harvester feels pretty good so i imagine being named after a animal that is considered stupid also feels pretty bad

I dont really know, Id probably just look for the most shiny souvenir

For sure yeah, I mean we are reapers I think a little bit of water isn't going to stop us dominating other teams.

• 2 weeks later...

1)      The season ended with Philadelphia getting swept in the 1st round of the playoffs. What are your thoughts on the season?

2)      How do you feel about your personal performance this season?

3)      What are you looking forward to next season?

4)      If you’re moving on from Philadelphia, what are you going to miss? If you’re staying, what are you looking forward to return to?

5)      The offseason is a time to rest and recover. What’s your ideal way to relax?

6)      As a Reaper, you’ve been granted the ability to curse people with a minor annoyance. What are you cursing people with?

On 3/10/2020 at 10:42 AM, DMaximus said:

1)      The season ended with Philadelphia getting swept in the 1st round of the playoffs. What are your thoughts on the season?

2)      How do you feel about your personal performance this season?

3)      What are you looking forward to next season?

4)      If you’re moving on from Philadelphia, what are you going to miss? If you’re staying, what are you looking forward to return to?

5)      The offseason is a time to rest and recover. What’s your ideal way to relax?

6)      As a Reaper, you’ve been granted the ability to curse people with a minor annoyance. What are you cursing people with?

1. Wish we could still be playing but it is what it is.

2. I thought it was a pretty good season overall for me.
3. Im looking forward to hopefully getting a crack at the VHL.
4. Im going to miss the people. Not only the players but the staff and fans too.
5. Drink some beers with the boys.
6. Nothing, im too nice of a guy to do that.

New questions for Season 72

Answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE.

1)      The draft just completed. How are you feeling?

2)      What are your thoughts on the city of Philadelphia?

3)      What are your personal goals for this season?

4)      What item from home are you bringing to put in your locker?

5)      Is there any team you’re looking forward to playing against? How come?

6)      For our annual black-tie charity ball you have to create a drink called the hockey puck. What’s in the drink? How is it served?

On 3/17/2020 at 3:28 PM, DMaximus said:

New questions for Season 72

Answer all 6 and claim for 2 TPE.

1)      The draft just completed. How are you feeling?

2)      What are your thoughts on the city of Philadelphia?

3)      What are your personal goals for this season?

4)      What item from home are you bringing to put in your locker?

5)      Is there any team you’re looking forward to playing against? How come?

6)      For our annual black-tie charity ball you have to create a drink called the hockey puck. What’s in the drink? How is it served?

1. I got drafted 18th overall. I'm feeling pretty good that Reapers wanted me.

2.  As a huge sports fan it's amazing that Philadelphia has teams in NHL, NBA, NFL and MLB. I like Philadelphia alot.

3. Scoring 100points.

4. My Real Madrid coffee cup haha.

5. I'm looking for playing against my former team Halifax.

6. As a finnish guy, just cold vodka.

Edited by Bob Helminen

1)      The draft just completed. How are you feeling?

i feel that I have been drafted to a great team can’t wait to play.

2)      What are your thoughts on the city of Philadelphia? It’s home to Rocky balboa now it’s home to me it’s an Honour.

3)      What are your personal goals for this season?

id like to score more win more clear least 100 points this season would be nice since I’m a dman

4)      What item from home are you bringing to put in your locker? Picture of my family wouldn’t be here without them 

5)      Is there any team you’re looking forward to playing against? How come? Yukon rush they were my old team shoe then I’ve improved over the off season 

6)      For our annual black-tie charity ball you have to create a drink called the hockey puck. What’s in the drink? How is it served? Gin and soda and Little Tequila and Flame on top