Philadelphia Reapers Press Conference

BladeMaiden

Answer all 6 questions and claim for 2 TPE:

1)      The season is about to start. How ready are you?

2)      Many players have a ritual or repeated process they follow when getting ready for a game. What’s yours?

3)      The Reaper fan club puts a personalized gift in your locker at the beginning of the season. What gift did they leave in your locker?

4)      If the VHL changed from a hockey league to an esports league, what video game would you want to play and dominate?

5)      Fans are looking for suggestions on how to intimidate opposing players when they’re in the penalty box? What’s your suggestion for how they can throw our opponents off their game?

6)      If you could add yourself into any movie and take over a character, what movie would you be in and who would you be? How come?  

On 3/23/2020 at 5:36 PM, DMaximus said:

2)      Many players have a ritual or repeated process they follow when getting ready for a game. What’s yours?

3)      The Reaper fan club puts a personalized gift in your locker at the beginning of the season. What gift did they leave in your locker?

4)      If the VHL changed from a hockey league to an esports league, what video game would you want to play and dominate?

5)      Fans are looking for suggestions on how to intimidate opposing players when they’re in the penalty box? What’s your suggestion for how they can throw our opponents off their game?

6)      If you could add yourself into any movie and take over a character, what movie would you be in and who would you be? How come?  

1. I'm so f*cking ready and excited.

2. Just taping sticks and listening music.

3. Brand new headphones

4. CS:GO

5. Just shout his name, it's so annoying

6. Forrest Gump, just because "Run, Forrest, Run!"

17 hours ago, Bob Helminen said:

On 3/23/2020 at 11:36 AM, DMaximus said:

1)Ive been itching to get out on the ice wearing a Reapers Jersey 

2)Running around the rink before getting my equipment on 

3)A beautiful blonde Finnish woman 

4)NHL ? 

5)The Green Suit Guys from vancouver

6)Zoolander , Derek Zoolander 

On 3/23/2020 at 8:36 AM, DMaximus said:

1. I am coming into my first pro season so I am excited to showcase my ability and prove myself to the team

2. I have never been a superstitious guy, I just go out on the ice and give it my all every time

3. I arrived a couple games into the season so I didn’t receive anything, but the team hooked me up with a bunch of apparel so that’s sick

4. NHL 20 baby

5. I’ve always been a big fan of a big taunt, just pester and annoy them, like the Green Men of the Vancouver Canucks in the NHL

6. Gandolf of LOTR 

On 3/23/2020 at 11:36 AM, DMaximus said:

1. Ready as I'll ever be? I've got more experience in the M than a lot of guys on the team, and I'm hoping to take advantage of that experience to help get us off to a good start here. 

2. I eat an orange before every game on the way to the stadium. Something about driving while peeling an orange helps get my nerves calmed, and sharpen my senses before the battle ahead.

3. The Xavier leFlamant custom bobblehead where I'm shooting a slapshot on the lawn next to a garden flamingo. They know how much I appreciate bobbleheads, and myself for that matter.

4. The answer is obviously Chel. It's the game I beat up on the boys in before the games in the lockerroom anyways, we have a little bit of a league going around, let's just say I don't lose very often.

5. Most of our teammates could just take off their helmets and be scary, they're not the prettiest bunch. Joking aside, maybe some mouth pieces with scary pictures painted on them?

6. This is a great question, The first thing I thought of for some reason was to be in Dodgeball, a true underdog story. You get the Vegas trip, the glory, the girl, Vince Vaughn's character really gets a nice treatment in that one. 

1)      The season has started. How does it feel to be back on the ice?

2)      Philly got wins against both Ottawa and Las Vegas, the top 2 teams in the standings. Yet lost against teams below them. Why do you think that is?

3)      The start of the season brings the return of practice. What’s your favorite drill?

4)      Healthy nutrition planning also has begun. What unhealthy food from the offseason are you going to miss the most?

5)      You’re made commissioner of the VHLM, what on ice rule would you change?

6)      Would you rather write, direct, or star in a TV show? How come?

Sorry, wrong team. Not sure why this notified me but my own team doesn't. Ah well.

Edited by LastOneUp
Wrong team, delete.

9 minutes ago, DMaximus said:

2)      Philly got wins against both Ottawa and Las Vegas, the top 2 teams in the standings. Yet lost against teams below them. Why do you think that is?

3)      The start of the season brings the return of practice. What’s your favorite drill?

4)      Healthy nutrition planning also has begun. What unhealthy food from the offseason are you going to miss the most?

5)      You’re made commissioner of the VHLM, what on ice rule would you change?

1)It feel AMAZING i feel so at home in these reapers uniforms , this is just the beginning and i love it 

2)It happen bad bounces some amazing saves from the other team goalies , you cant win them all

3)Without a doubt walking the blue like and setting up either a wicked shot on net a slap pass back door , i just love to QB the point 

4)CHOCOLATE

5) No trapezoid 

6)star because im a piece of work thats forsure 

Edited by Spence King

30 minutes ago, DMaximus said:

1) In Oklahoma, good skating ice is hard to come by so it's always a pleasure to get on the ice.

2) We were looking like a big threat when I signed but kinda gone in the shitter lately. Could not have anything to do with my arrival. Could be cause I'm on the 4th line tho

3) Penalty shots

4) Pizza

5) No offside.

6) I've already wrote direct and starred in Netflix' #1 show in 2020 so I do it all.

59 minutes ago, DMaximus said:

1. It feels great, starting to get my feet under me and more and more comfortable everyday.

2. I think that we just need to stick to our gameplan and not play up or down to our competition. 

3. My favourite drill is anything to do with skating.

4. Pizza Hut

5. I would just aim to be stricter woth dirty hits and blindside hits

6. Direct, because you get to be in control of the product.

The season has started. How does it feel to be back on the ice? Great thanks 

2)      Philly got wins against both Ottawa and Las Vegas, the top 2 teams in the standings. Yet lost against teams below them. Why do you think that is?

we are just a stronger team 

3)      The start of the season brings the return of practice. What’s your favorite drill? Anything do with defence.

4)      Healthy nutrition planning also has begun. What unhealthy food from the offseason are you going to miss the most? Pizza

5)      You’re made commissioner of the VHLM, what on ice rule would you change? Less icing calls 

6)      Would you rather write, direct, or star in a TV show? How come? Neither 

•  

1)      Philadelphia has risen up the standings into 2nd place. Why do you think you’ve found success in recent games?

2)      As we approach the midway point of the season, how would you assess your play?

3)      Ottawa sits at the top of the standings. What do you think it will take to beat them?

4)      The Reaper organization is planning on commissioning an artist to do a portrait of you. What pose will you take for your painting? Will you have any items with you in it?

5)      A network approached the team about creating a cartoon based on the Reapers. You get to select a hockey related superpower that can be used to fight crime for your character. What would you want your super power to be?

6)      If you had to run a carnival game where you had to guess something about a person just by looking at them (sometimes it’s like their age or weight), what would you be the best at guessing?

21 minutes ago, DMaximus said:

1)      Philadelphia has risen up the standings into 2nd place. Why do you think you’ve found success in recent games?

2)      As we approach the midway point of the season, how would you assess your play?

3)      Ottawa sits at the top of the standings. What do you think it will take to beat them?

4)      The Reaper organization is planning on commissioning an artist to do a portrait of you. What pose will you take for your painting? Will you have any items with you in it?

5)      A network approached the team about creating a cartoon based on the Reapers. You get to select a hockey related superpower that can be used to fight crime for your character. What would you want your super power to be?

6)      If you had to run a carnival game where you had to guess something about a person just by looking at them (sometimes it’s like their age or weight), what would you be the best at guessing?

1. I think we have just been finding our game, and sticking to our gameplan. The boys have been flying and it’s been fun :)

2. It was a big adjustment at first, and I felt a bit behind, but I feel like I’ve been getting my skates under now and feeling good!

3. If we keep winning and just focus on our team, I’m sure we can catch them, but we don’t want to lose focus

4. Arms crossed with my game face, no props for me haha

5. Super speed skating

6. Weight for sure!

13 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1)Amazing team chemistry, everyone has bought into the system and coming closer together as group, most of all some stellar goal tending 

2) Im beyond happy with the way the Reapers have performed and am as proud today as i was the first day i knew i was going to be a Reaper 

3)To be honest i think theyve gotten some lucky bounces, theres alot of hockey left and i believe we are the better hockey club and it the end that will prove itself

4) I will deffintely be mid celly after scoring and my stick is going to be raised thats forsure lol 

5) Invisibility sounds pretty dang good to me for that scenario  

6) Their hockey abilities 

1.If you had the opportunity to recreate your player, would you? And, if so, would you make the same position?   

I'm content with my skillset.

2.Do you have any interest in being on an episode of my podcast? (We always love having new guests)    

My fee as the #1 show on Netflix for the past 16 weeks is far more than you can afford.

3.Would you be open to doing/listening to a Reapers-only podcast episode?    

See previous answer.

4.What do you usually do for a point task each week (Media spot, graphic, podcast, or welfare) and why?    

I dabble in pretty much everything. I wish my team had our own press conference questions.

5.Is there any other way you'd like to be able to earn your main amount of TPE per week?    

Just from being famous.

6.What keeps you around in this simulation?

Building a great player and the community.

1)      Philadelphia has risen up the standings into 2ndplace. Why do you think you’ve found success in recent games? Very strong team and chemistry.

2)      As we approach the midway point of the season, how would you assess your play? I’d like get more goals but getting points still .

3)      Ottawa sits at the top of the standings. What do you think it will take to beat them? Strategy.

4)      The Reaper organization is planning on commissioning an artist to do a portrait of you. What pose will you take for your painting? Will you have any items with you in it? The Kramer LOL

5)      A network approached the team about creating a cartoon based on the Reapers. You get to select a hockey related superpower that can be used to fight crime for your character. What would you want your super power to be? Super punch .

6)      If you had to run a carnival game where you had to guess something about a person just by looking at them (sometimes it’s like their age or weight), what would you be the best at guessing? 
ancestry.

On 4/7/2020 at 10:54 PM, DMaximus said:

1. I think the extra playing time for the top line has been massive. You look over at Ottawa, that's exactly how they've found success. Plenty of guys deserve those extra minutes, myself included, and we've found success with it.

2. I'd say I'm underperforming, but hoping that turns around soon. I have wayyyy too much TPE to barely be in the top 25 in points right now.

3. I think it'll take some gooooooood ol' STHS luck, which is bound to happen. I've been on the wrong side of the better team losing enough times to know it's definitely possible.

4. I'll be standing like Louie XIV but with a hockey stick instead of a sword. A classically amazing portrait for a classically amazing M player.

5. Being really really fast, just like I am on the ice. Think about how my ability to zoom past unlucky opponents would translate to zooming towards bad guys, and of course, knocking em into the boards/buildings.

6. I would guess how much money they make. You can tell by the way they stand, the way they walk, the way they look, and the way your guy running the background check tells you through your ear piece.... it's the simple

1)      At this point in the season, you’ve played every team at least twice now. Have you developed a hatred for any team in particular? Why or why not?

2)      We have a slew of tough games followed by a bunch of easier games. Which games do you look forward to more, the ones against top teams or bottom teams? Why?

3)      The Reapers will be playing in a charity game where we have a celebrity coach. Which celebrity do you think should be our coach? How come?

4)      Which celebrity on the other team would you like to lay a huge hit on?

5)      With our signing of Tiger King Joe Exotic, we have started a program to train tigers to play hockey. As a Reaper you have to help with their training. What hockey skill are you teaching the tigers?

6)      How are you going to teach them that skill while not getting mauled by the tigers?

1. I really can’t stand Ottawa, but it’s just competition, they are a good team and I wanna beat them

2. Top teams, to show that we deserve to be near the top too

3. Mel Gibson, so inspring hahaha

4. Chris Pratt

5. Skating, it’s hard cause they have four legs, but we are working on it hahaha

6. Just give them something else to eat 

3 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1)      At this point in the season, you’ve played every team at least twice now. Have you developed a hatred for any team in particular? Why or why not?

2)      We have a slew of tough games followed by a bunch of easier games. Which games do you look forward to more, the ones against top teams or bottom teams? Why?

3)      The Reapers will be playing in a charity game where we have a celebrity coach. Which celebrity do you think should be our coach? How come?

5)      With our signing of Tiger King Joe Exotic, we have started a program to train tigers to play hockey. As a Reaper you have to help with their training. What hockey skill are you teaching the tigers?

6)      How are you going to teach them that skill while not getting mauled by the tigers?

1) Its not so much a hatred but a rivalry forsure , when i see Ottawa on the schedule i get excited because i know its going to be some really good  hockey 

2)I myself prefer playing against tougher opponents and more skilled , this tends to push me to my best and play harder i always play up to the competition

3) Im really hoping were getting Philadelphia native Kevin Hart

4) i wouldnt mind throwing a nice hipcheck on Shaq and put 7 feet head over heels and have myself TSN highlight for the rest of my life

5) I LOVE cats , and these  big cats just give me more love , ive been playing "hand ball" with the tigers passing balls back and forth as they bat wit there massive paws/

6) The training that i have been doing with the animals is really improving there dexterity and full arm and paw control , i am also noticing they are learning to keep there claw retracted when playing, as we would never de-claw at G.W Zoo  

1)      At this point in the season, you’ve played every team at least twice now. Have you developed a hatred for any team in particular? Why or why not? Their all good teams and players no like or dislike.

2)      We have a slew of tough games followed by a bunch of easier games. Which games do you look forward to more, the ones against top teams or bottom teams? Why? Ottawa cause their the best to beat.

3)      The Reapers will be playing in a charity game where we have a celebrity coach. Which celebrity do you think should be our coach? How come? Patrick Roy cause he’s one of the best goalies ever.

4)      Which celebrity on the other team would you like to lay a huge hit on? Not sure.

5)      With our signing of Tiger King Joe Exotic, we have started a program to train tigers to play hockey. As a Reaper you have to help with their training. What hockey skill are you teaching the tigers? Stick handling .

6)      How are you going to teach them that skill while not getting mauled by the tigers? Be quick about it lol 

1)      At this point in the season, you’ve played every team at least twice now. Have you developed a hatred for any team in particular? Why or why not?

Being a new player to the team, I am ready to start fresh and develop hatred. 

2)      We have a slew of tough games followed by a bunch of easier games. Which games do you look forward to more, the ones against top teams or bottom teams? Why?

I like the ones against the better teams. I get to show off and be better and get better. 

3)      The Reapers will be playing in a charity game where we have a celebrity coach. Which celebrity do you think should be our coach? How come?

Taylor Swift because she actually is a big hockey fan and she is amazing, so obviously, she needs to be our coach. 

4)      Which celebrity on the other team would you like to lay a huge hit on?

I am not sure what this means? But, that bitch Carole Baskin. 

5)      With our signing of Tiger King Joe Exotic, we have started a program to train tigers to play hockey. As a Reaper you have to help with their training. What hockey skill are you teaching the tigers?

We are teaching them how to eat the bad people. Like Carole Baskin's husband, not that she knows about what that means or anything. 

6)      How are you going to teach them that skill while not getting mauled by the tigers?

Well, this is awkward, you have to eat the other team. 

None yet, I just got here.  But I don't know if I trust the Halifax 21st.  They look kinda...shifty.

I like to test myself against the best.  If you don't want to play the top teams, what are you doing here?

Hmmm...we're in Philadelphia, so I'll go with an athlete in 76ers center Joel Embiid.  He seems like a cool guy.  No idea if he knows anything about hockey, but hey, that could just make it more fun.

That's a tough one.  I don't know.  I'm not much of a violent person anyways.  And as a goalie I can't say I have any experience with laying huge hits.

I guess since they don't have thumbs my skills as a goalie wouldn't be as applicable.  So I'd probably teach them how to skate first.  And after that I'd teach them an important mental aspect of goaltending: being calm under pressure.

By being calm under pressure.

On 4/15/2020 at 3:58 PM, Legend0985 said:

1)      At this point in the season, you’ve played every team at least twice now. Have you developed a hatred for any team in particular? Why or why not? Their all good teams and players no like or dislike.

2)      We have a slew of tough games followed by a bunch of easier games. Which games do you look forward to more, the ones against top teams or bottom teams? Why? Ottawa cause their the best to beat.

3)      The Reapers will be playing in a charity game where we have a celebrity coach. Which celebrity do you think should be our coach? How come? Patrick Roy cause he’s one of the best goalies ever.

4)      Which celebrity on the other team would you like to lay a huge hit on? Not sure.

5)      With our signing of Tiger King Joe Exotic, we have started a program to train tigers to play hockey. As a Reaper you have to help with their training. What hockey skill are you teaching the tigers? Stick handling .

6)      How are you going to teach them that skill while not getting mauled by the tigers? Be quick about it lol 

1. I hate Ottawa. Everyone is picking them to win this year but they have not faced any adversity. If there is anyone who knows about adversity, it is Joe Exotic.

2. The easiest games. Point night! But your boy Joe isn't afraid of hard work. I've been dedicated to my craft my entire life.

3. Kate Upton so I can stare at those big boobs bouncing around the bench.

4. Justin Bieber. Little rat face punk.

5. As the impetus for this tiger movement, I am both thrilled and delighted that tigers are becoming more mainstream. I think everyone should own one as a pet. Sure, they may kill you, but they will provide you with affection that only a dog could match. Sure, the dogs are more friendly and much better pets, but I think dogs are for pussies. Pussies (Tigers) are for men. Just make sure you are visiting the Walmart dumpster for the meat they have thrown in the garbage. It's FREE!

6. They sense fear and will tear your face off if they know you are scared. So suck it up, buttercup. Put on your big boy pants and feed those fucking hungry tigers.

1)      It’s been an intense season so far. How are you holding up? Any injuries?

2)      Prediction time. Who do you think will win the World Juniors? How come?

3)      Who do you think will win the VHL? How come?

4)      Thanks to much smaller ear buds you can now listen to music during the game. Are you listening to anything? If so, what? Do you think this helps you out on the ice?

5)      Due to COVID-19, sports now have to merge. What sport would you like to merge with hockey? How would the new sport play out?

6)      Our equipment cleaner workers were deemed non-essential so there’s no one to clean your jerseys or equipment. How is your equipment holding up? Do you do anything special to take care of it?