Philadelphia Reapers Press Conference

BladeMaiden

1:The Reapers have been the hottest team in the VHL community after week 1 being named #1 in the weekly Power Rankings, what X-Factor is it that makes the Reapers the top team ? 

I don't think there is one “X-factor” that has contributed to the Reapers success.  Rather a combination of things.  A great starting line and lots of depth make the Reapers the team to beat.

2. What has been your biggest surprise so far this season/offseason?

I am “surprised” by very little.  However, what I found remarkable was the Reapers’ consistency  and the commitment by many players to develop their skills.

3.Captain since S73 Darius Marimoto recently made his way onto the top 10 Philadelphia Reapers Career PTS scoring list. What stat is most important (be it advanced/corsi] to you and are there any statistical goal of yours?

There is no “I” in “team”.  My goal is to contribute to the Reapers to the best of my ability.  In any event, the stats at the end of the season will speak for themselves..

4.Are you a member of the SBA or the EFL if so tag a teammate thats also a VHLer?

No, I am not a member of either of those sims.  I have considered it if only to get a Monthly Affiliate Check.

5.The Captains have been finalized for S75, who do you think will be named the team leadership group going forward ?

Leadership is a tricky business.  Leaders must have the support of those they are, in fact, leading.  As well, I believe that particularly in sports one must lead by example.  

6.How have you felt about your ice time over the first 11 games?

Like I said earlier, I am about team,  Whatever ice time I am given I will go out there and give it the proverbial %110. 

1:The Reapers have been the hottest team in the VHL community after week 1 being named #1 in the weekly Power Rankings, what X-Factor is it that makes the Reapers the the top team ? 

I think its the great amount of depth that we have and players being active and training every week! We have a great team!

2. What has been your biggest surprise so far this season/offseason

I have been surprised with how great we have been playing. I was always expecting us to be a good team this season but we have gone beyond my expectations. This team has been amazing so far

3.Captain since S73 Darius Marimoto recently made his way onto the top 10 Philadelphia Reapers Career PTS scoring list. What stat is most important (be it advanced/corsi] to you and are there any statistical goal of yours ?

For me it's my +/-, as a defender I want to make sure I am always on the + side.

4.Are you a member of the SBA or the EFL if so tag a teammate thats also a VHLer

Nope, I am only part of VHL but may look to join some others in the future

5.The Captains have been finalized for S75, who do you think will be named the team leadership group going forward ?

There are many strong leaders on this team and everyone has a very solid chance. I would think one of them would have to be Jolly Green Giant as he deserves a letter on his jersey

6.How have you felt about your ice time over the first 11 games ?  

I am enjoying my ice time and have been happy with it. The time gives me enough opportunity to showcase all my skills on defense and offense

On 11/22/2020 at 11:40 PM, Spence King said:

:ReaperLogo:Philadelphia Reapers S75 Press Conference #1:ReaperLogo:

For week ending NOV 29

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1:The Reapers have been the hottest team in the VHL community after week 1 being named #1 in the weekly Power Rankings, what X-Factor is it that makes the Reapers the the top team ? 

3.Captain since S73 Darius Marimoto recently made his way onto the top 10 Philadelphia Reapers Career PTS scoring list. What stat is most important (be it advanced/corsi] to you and are there any statistical goal of yours ?

4.Are you a member of the SBA or the EFL if so tag a teammate thats also a VHLer

1. I don't think it's a singular X-factor, it has got to be the depth and how talented we are throughout the whole lineup

2. For me, being able to be drafted back to this great franchise again

3. Wins, I dn't need points to be happy

4. I am in the SBA, huge fan of my boy @gorlabeven tho we're not teammates

5. No clue, but hopefully someone great!

6. It's enough, I'll be better soon and start pushing for some real playing time. 

For week ending NOV 29

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1. Great signing of famed Icelandic D man, Rusty Knale!!!!  

2. Just joined, no big surprises yet...

3. Most important stat for me is blocked shots.  My goal is block 3 shots per game.

4. Nope, neither.

5. Not sure, still getting to know the guys in the room.

6. Hoping for a few minutes but need to shake the rust off.  Willing to help the team any way I can.

For week ending NOV 29

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1. The X factor on this team is definitely the depth we’ve got here, also we’ve got a few of the top point getters in the league which help.

2. The biggest surprise so far is how many guys we have at over a point per game. Game in game out you see the same guys performing so that is good to see.

3. a stat I like to see is goals scored, also game winning goals are a nice one to look at, knowing you came in clutch. I am aiming for 15 goals on this season but hopefully more!

4. I am not in the SBA or the EFL but I have heard good things about them.

5. I could see gaikotu-hito (Robert Bouchard) being a part of the leadership group as he is very active and has built a great player so far.

6. My ice time is as expected for a third liner 13-16 minutes a game. I am still working towards moving up a spot to gain some more ice time.

On 11/23/2020 at 12:40 AM, Spence King said:

For week ending NOV 29

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1. I don't know if it's a single X-Factor. We've got an amazing mix of players here, amazing management, and everyone is earning steady.

2. Our season so far. We're dominating. I still consider myself a new player so it's hard to have any expectations when you don't know what's going on. I knew we had a good team, but we're easily the best team in the league.

3. Probably just points. I'm new, so seeing my points slowly increase is nice.

4. No, i'm not.

5. Congrats to Darius and the rest of the group! They deserve it.

6. No complaints on my end. Whatever works.

On 11/22/2020 at 10:40 PM, Spence King said:

For week ending NOV 29

Answer ALL 6 for 2 TPE!

1. Jolly Greene Giant!

2. How good this team is, honestly 

3. Goals, goals, goals. 

4. Nope!

5. I have no idea lol

6. I think the Giant is incredible 

572590469930811414.png?v=1Philadelphia Reapers S74 Press Conference #3572590469930811414.png?v=1

image.png.9af709537b31c89d109d87dfc6a23dfe.png

For week ending DEC 6

Were going with a new style of PC, This idea came from @BladeMaiden There are more than 6 options for questions , ANSWER SIX, for your full 2 TPE , however feel free to answer as many as you would like ❤️

Answer ANY 6 for 2 TPE!

1) The hottest topic that’s been common throughout the VHL community, everyone talking “Who is going to be taking home the Founders Cup”. Lots of LRs in the Pros say the Reapers other say theres NO WAY, what would you say to the doubters?

2) The Reapers have decided to hand out a team MVP, that will be passed on by each user in the LR after the daily sims, what should the team use as “MVP Trophy”? a Cape ? a bloody Scythe ? a Wrestling Belt ? Give us ideas ? 

3)How often do you check the VHLM Standings?

4) The Reapers went on a impressive 11 game winning streak including a win putting up a 10 piece, what has caused the recent surge in success on ice ?

5) This weeks power ranking had the Mexico jumping above us for the #1 spot after their 5-3 win last week along there 9 game winning streak. What is it going to take to beat MEX and prove we can consistently?

6) Its pretty much mid way through the season, most of you will be in Philly for another season , while other graduate, the majority will be returning reapers ❤️ tell us your favorite part of living in Philadelphia?

7) The reapers are 2nd in league PP% and PK% by just a hair and pretty much tied with 1st. What are the reapers doing differently this season to keep these numbers so high?

8 ) In 29 game this season we’ve scored 140 goals already! With 9 players nearing a point per game what has been the secret to the reapers onslaught and balanced scoring throughout the whole roster.

Edited by Spence King

3 minutes ago, Spence King said:

572590469930811414.png?v=1Philadelphia Reapers S74 Press Conference #3572590469930811414.png?v=1

For week ending DEC 6

Were going with a new style of PC, This idea came from @blaidemaidden. There are more than 6 options for questions , ANSWER SIX, for your full 2 TPE , however feel free to answer as many as you would like ❤️

Answer ANY 6 for 2 TPE!

1) The hottest topic that’s been common throughout the VHL community, everyone talking “Who is going to be taking home the Founders Cup”. Lots of LRs in the Pros say the Reapers other say theres NO WAY, what would you say to the doubters?

2) The Reapers have decided to hand out a team MVP, that will be passed on by each user in the LR after the daily sims, what should the team use as “MVP Trophy”? a Cape ? a bloody Scythe ? a Wrestling Belt ? Give us ideas ? 

4) The Reapers went on a impressive 11 game winning streak including a win putting up a 10 piece, what has caused the recent surge in success on ice ?

5) This weeks power ranking had the Mexico jumping above us for the #1 spot after their 5-3 win last week along there 9 game winning streak. What is it going to take to beat MEX and prove we can consistently?

6) Its pretty much mid way through the season, most of you will be in Philly for another season , while other graduate, the majority will be returning reapers ❤️ tell us your favorite part of living in Philadelphia?

7) The reapers are 2nd in league PP% and PK% by just a hair and pretty much tied with 1st. What are the reapers doing differently this season to keep these numbers so high?

😎 In 29 game this season we’ve scored 140 goals already! With 9 players nearing a point per game what has been the secret to the reapers onslaught and balanced scoring throughout the whole roster.

1) We're chugging along, with no signs of slowing down. Just see what happens and enjoy.

2) If we just have a bloody scythe laying around I think I know my answer.

3) Daily now that we are fighting for a lead.

4) Shots shots and more shots. The more we shoot the better we do, keep it up!

5) Both teams have gone on big win streaks now, so it comes down to who can go longer. It will probably come down to those streaks at the end of the season.

6) There's certainly a passion in Philly that you can't find anywhere else. Even though most Philly sports teams seem to have their struggles, we hope to beat that stereotype.

7) We've got a great balance of playstyles and those special teams give those builds a chance to shine. Everyone is carving out a role for themselves and owning it.

5 minutes ago, Spence King said:

😎 In 29 game this season we’ve scored 140 goals already! With 9 players nearing a point per game what has been the secret to the reapers onslaught and balanced scoring throughout the whole roster.

1 - Nothing is a given. Mexico and San Diego are playing great and there are a bunch of other teams that have good rosters that are constantly improving, so the gap between the best teams and the other playoff teams is going to keep shrinking. All I know is we have a great group here and we're going to work hard and give it our best in the playoffs, you won't catch us being complacent.

2 - A scythe seems like a cool, thematic idea, I'd go with that.

3 - I check the standings, league leaders, etc. every day. I like to know what's going on in the league.

4 - We've got a really good, deep team and we bring it every night. We've got a lot of secondary scoring; if someone or a line has an off night there's always someone there to step up. But as far as our recent play goes, I'm a little disappointed with the results over our last 4 games particularly the loss to Mexico and that will leave a sour taste in my mouth until we get a chance to avenge it.

5 - Unfortunately we just didn't bring our best in a game against a team that we need to do that to have a chance. They are just as good as us, so we've got to be sharp and do all the little things right when we play them. I think we'll do better next time out.

8 - We've got a lot of good players and it has translated into a lot of scoring depth. There are players like Catowize and Zolnek and Viitanen that would absolutely be playing bigger minutes on other teams and they have an advantage over the bottom six that other teams are able to throw out there so no matter what line we have on the ice, we have players that can be dangerous.

16 minutes ago, Spence King said:

1. The doubters are going to be eating their words come the end of the season. The Reapers are a motivated team and we are only getting better every day. The only team that has a chance to stop us is Mexico City and you can bet we will be doing everything we can to take them down.

2. I think it should be a little plush of Death! That would be on point and it would be cute too!

3. I check the standings after every day, maybe I shouldn't, maybe that's bad or whatever, but I want to know how Mexico City has done today and where we stand after every game.

4. I think our players are just super motivated. Our 1st line is so good and can score on anyone and I think that we've all just decided to work together and trust each other. We're determined to put together something special in Philly this year.

5. I think we need to win the power play battle against Mexico City to really dominate them. I think we'll match up against them line for line just fine but if we win the power plays too then we'll be in great shape.

6. The Cheesesteaks! Is that answer too obvious? I love food, especially anything with steak, so I'm a sucker for those things. There just isn't any place better to get one. Before you ask, yes I go for the Cheeze Whiz.

I don't mind people having doubts, we have to prove our worth every day on the ice, just because we had a ton of picks in the draft and our GMs used them wisely doesn't mean that we'll be gifted anything.

A cape sounds about right... With the addition that it can't be washed at all until the end of the season so the longer the year goes on, the more people will feel like the actual Reaper is coming for them when putting it on.

Not that often to be completely honest. I'm looking from game to game and the only Standings that really matter are the ones at the end of the season.

We can't get complacent after the good start we had because as Mexico's recent run has shown us, things can change very quickly and if you take your foot off the gas for only one second, a new challenger will already be there hungry to take the reigns from you.

A lot of teams have one strong special teams unit, especially on the Powerplay, and then another one that basically only comes on the ice when the top-guys need a breather. We on the other hand have enough quality and depth to run two equally strong units which makes things a lot harder for our opponents.

8 ) In 29 game this season we’ve scored 140 goals already! With 9 players nearing a point per game what has been the secret to the reapers onslaught and balanced scoring throughout the whole roster.

Quality, depth and a willingness to work hard day in and day out.

“Eat My Dust”!!!!  But on a more serious note, there are other teams that have a depth of talent and are playing well.  So, it ain’t over ‘til it’s over.

Well, I would prefer a check, or, maybe a few uncapped TPE.  But in reality maybe you should go with a silver stick upon which each MVP would have his/her name inscribed.  This stick, at the end of the season, would be mounted prominently in the LR.  This kind of thing would promote a culture of winning.

At least daily.

There has been a change in the line up that I think has been a contributing factor.

We have to have our best players on the ice for the most time, allowing them to use their skills for the most time possible. For example, if you have a scorer sitting on the bench 80% of the time, wouldn't it be better for that player to be on the ice more???

6) Its pretty much mid way through the season, most of you will be in Philly for another season , while other graduate, the majority will be returning reapers tell us your favorite part of living in Philadelphia?

Philadelphia Historic District.  Birthplace of the United States.  Great, knowledgeable hockey fams..  

I think that this success is due to the depth the team has.  Our second PP line is as good as the first for a lot of teams.

A great draft class and players who are actively pursuing their development

1 hour ago, Spence King said:

For week ending DEC 6

Were going with a new style of PC, This idea came from @BladeMaiden There are more than 6 options for questions , ANSWER SIX, for your full 2 TPE , however feel free to answer as many as you would like ❤️

Answer ANY 6 for 2 TPE!

1) I would say that at the end of the day we can only play through the playoffs once. If you give us a ton of shots and re-do it then I'd say we'd be the favorite to win in the most, we just have to win it once and when it matters.

2) It has to be a cheesesteak on a bloody scythe, put it all together.

3) Not very often, I care more about our day-to-day results. 

4) Everyone is contributing an buying in, that is what is most important.

5) Hard work, again our top lines and depth are great but we need to show up every night.

6) The food is amazing, and there are some nice views for sure!

22 hours ago, Spence King said:

For week ending DEC 6

Answer ANY 6 for 2 TPE!

I feel that this might be the best chance the Reapers will have at getting the cup after such a great draft year, and most of the players will move up to the VHL due to TPE cutoff. But I know we want it and we won't let another cinderella story win the cup this year.

Honestly ya a scythe would be pretty cool.

I check the VHLM standings at least once a week to see where we are but if we just had a big game or something I will probably check afterwards.

Team chemistry is booming everyone has the same goals in mind and it's a really positive and talented group.

We've got to come together as a group and worker harder than we have before against them, they're beatable, we just need to take the steps to prepare for them in our next matchup.

The fans, the support from them is absolutely fantastic, and also the team management, super friendly and wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Edited by N0HBDY

Let first off start with "I love answering press release"  

Well, I am going to sadly agree with them that we may not be the strongest team and we may not take the Founders Cup this year as it comes down to how well we continue to build towards the play-offs. If the past weeks is anything to go off of then we will be in tough when the games matter in the play-offs as a lot of the teams are still very strong this season after the recruitment drive mid season last year. I think we have at least four or five teams that could win the Founders Cup at the moment so it comes down to the secondary lines at the moment; we do hold the advantage at the moment but can we hang onto for the whole season?

I would like to see a book of the Reapers MVP as well as scythe be handed over after every game with some theater added in with the last player needing to dress up in a reapers costume with the scythe, Book of the Reapers MVP and fog machine to enter the room in the semi-dark to hand out the reward to the MVP of the game. This might be hard to do if the same player wins every time unless we have the General Manager dress up every game or a mascot. It would also make good video for the fans if posted on social media after the games or make part of the on-ice celebration after the games at home and only posted on media after away games. 

I won't lie here at all!! I don't as the locker room is good at updating the standing from time to time and at the end of the day I don't care if we finish first or second as long as we make the play-offs as then when everything kicks off. Ask Halifax about that we should!!

I am going to say it might have caused some of our current issues as we haven't been scoring much since that game and we have started to lose games here and there in ugly fashion by giving up leads or really just not showing up for games. It would be nice to get back to that and make another run.

Not concerned at the moment as Mexico is in the West and we are the East so it they dominate the West then so be it. I am more concerned with the Eastern teams like Miami and Halifax.

The fact that I don't live in Philadelphia!! LOL!! I am going to say the fans and the team as whole is what has made the experience a good one so far. I hope we can reward both with the Founders Cup but either way it has been a great experience playing here this season. 

Playing better players and more balanced attack in the PP while having strong defenders playing the PK.

Balance line-up as any player in the top nine could move up and down the line up from first line, second or even the third line depending on the need and situation. This has lead to teams being able to shut usually only one line down meaning the other two have free time racking up the points. This hopefully continues in the near future.

On 2/17/2019 at 1:39 PM, BladeMaiden said:

Hi Reapers! We are gonna start out with some nice easy questions for you all to answer!

1.) What image do you see our team giving off considering we are called the Reapers?

2.) How does your player fir onto the team?

3.) what are your hope and goals now that you are here?

4.) Are you happy to be drafted to this team?

5.) Position and number

6.) would you like to be a Captain on an Assistant Captain? Why?

7.)Something funny I should know about you as a player as your new GM.

8.) how do you think we will finish in Season 65?

All the best,

Blade

1. Hard work in every single match.

2. As backup I am needed in games against the weakest oponents. 

3. Win the league and have a stats higher than 90 percent. And be the highest draft goalie to the VHL

4.I was not drafted, only sign. But from the several offers I had a very great feeling, the Reapers will be the best choice. I a m really happy to be in this team.

5. backup goalie 33

6. Ok, maybe not. I think it will bee better if the captain or asistant will be someonne with more experiences. Maybe in the future.

7. hmmm. I am not sure if I coould say something. Nothing interesting in my mind at the moment.  

8. We will win the league of course!

On 12/1/2020 at 12:35 PM, Spence King said:

For week ending DEC 6

Answer ANY 6 for 2 TPE!

1) The hottest topic that’s been common throughout the VHL community, everyone talking “Who is going to be taking home the Founders Cup”. Lots of LRs in the Pros say the Reapers other say theres NO WAY, what would you say to the doubters?I say there is a really good chance we take home the Founders Cup. Sure Mexico City is a great team right now, but give us a playoff series and I don’t think they come out on top. It’s still early to predict but we are favorites.

2) The Reapers have decided to hand out a team MVP, that will be passed on by each user in the LR after the daily sims, what should the team use as “MVP Trophy”? a Cape ? a bloody Scythe ? a Wrestling Belt ? Give us ideas ? How about boxing gloves, since Philly is the home of the great Rocky Balboa. I think that could be cool.

3)How often do you check the VHLM Standings? I check the standings every day after the sims. Just to see where we are sitting and how everyone else is doing too.

4) The Reapers went on a impressive 11 game winning streak including a win putting up a 10 piece, what has caused the recent surge in success on ice ? We just have so many great players in this team that are active. I can see us going on another big streak here pretty soon and put some space in between Mexico City and us.

5) This weeks power ranking had the Mexico jumping above us for the #1 spot after their 5-3 win last week along there 9 game winning streak. What is it going to take to beat MEX and prove we can consistently? Ultimately we just need to outplay them. Get more shots, beat them to the puck and win puck battles. If we can stay out of the box and play hard we will beat the consistently. Maybe we will see them in the cup finals.

The best part about living in Philadelphia is the Philly cheese steak hands down! No one else can do them like Philly can! 

I would say just to look at our depth and activity. We have a great, strong locker room with some great players with high skill.

This sounds like a great idea and I think it should be something to do with the city and the team....maybe a Philly Cheesesteak :P 

I try to check them every week just to see where were at and how we are doing stat wise.

I think it has to do with the players building chemistry and learning how to play with each other. It always takes time to build chem.

We just have to beat them in the next upcomming games and keep the metal on the pedal in terms of winning. We can't letup against easy opponents and must play 120% against the top opponents

6) Its pretty much mid way through the season, most of you will be in Philly for another season , while other graduate, the majority will be returning reapers ❤️ tell us your favorite part of living in Philadelphia?

As a recent VSN article was published, Tom Eagles loves the Philly Cheesesteaks which may end up getting him into trouble

On 12/1/2020 at 12:35 PM, Spence King said:

For week ending DEC 6

Answer ANY 6 for 2 TPE!

1. Don't underestimate the Reaper. You speak trash about him, and then you have a bloody scythe in your back.

2. ^ I like the idea of a bloody scythe.

4. Well, we're the best, aren't we?

5. I think the standings will eventually regress to the average, and it looks like we're a better team, at least on paper

6. Philly Cheese Steak!!

7. I just think we have an exceptional team here

8. Depth, tons of depth, and good enough defense to allow the forwards to focus on scoring

Philadelpia Reapers Press Conference #4

Answer 6 for 2 TPE, answer less than 6 for 1 TPE. 

<----------------------->

1: With the recent winning streak, how do you feel about the reapers' playoff chances and success?

2: Robert Bouchard has been on a tear recently, being the first star for the past couple of games. What do you think of his performance, and how do you think it will impact the team as the season goes on?

3: Considering the recent winter weather, how have you been holding up?

4: The new surge of Covid-19 has made travel to other cities very difficult. Do you change your travel ways with the reapers under these new circumstances?

5: Tell me more about you! As the new AGM, I want to get to know my players. Tell me, what is your favorite sport to play aside from hockey?

6: With our next couple of games up against Minnesota and Saskatoon, will you do anything different to prepare for those games?

Edited by dariusmarimotoman

8 minutes ago, dariusmarimotoman said:

1: With the recent winning streak, how do you feel about the reapers' playoff chances and success?

2: Robert Bouchard has been on a tear recently, being the first star for the past couple of games. What do you think of his performance, and how do you think it will impact the team as the season goes on?

4: The new surge of Covid-19 has made travel to other cities very difficult. Do you change your travel ways with the reapers under these new circumstances?

5: Tell me more about you! As the new AGM, I want to get to know my players. Tell me, what is your favorite sport to play aside from hockey?

6: With our next couple of games up against Minnesota and Saskatoon, will you do anything different to prepare for those games?

1. I hope that the chances would be 100%. I don't see how we don't make the playoffs at this point. How we do when we get there is another question. We are unproven. We've got to step up and show that we can perform on that stage.

2. I think he's great, and he's been on a tear as you've mentioned. It's been a real boost to the team. Having a guy that you can count on to give you that kind of performance night in and night out is something you just can't replace, and the opposition can't account for.

3. I'm holding up great! I love the cold weather! It's my favorite time of year, hands down.

4. I mean, there are changes all over the place so it's no surprise that we should have changes for us as well right? We have to wear masks on the bus, we have to wear masks when we do get the chance to fly. For the most part we are pretty sequestered naturally, just do to us being athletes so that helps a bit.

5. I suppose if I had to pick a second sport it'd be speed skating. Something still on the ice, where I could still go ahead and fly around at top speed. That would be pretty cool now that I think about it. Still, hockey is always going to be #1 for me.

6. I don't need to prepare differently for anyone. I prepare for every opponent to the absolute best of my abilities. I will never be caught napping so to speak by an opponent. If I suck, it's because I suck, not because I didn't prepare.

21 minutes ago, dariusmarimotoman said:

I feel extremely confident the lads have been working hard in practice to make sure we win the that Trophy

I think he’s do amazing. His performance has been helping motivate me and some of the others players to work extra hard.

being from down south it’s a bit too cold to my liking but I’m surviving.

Definitely, I’ve been a lot more careful during the travel. 

Well I love playing soccer. I use to play it when I was younger up until high school when I decided I want to play hockey as a career

other than working hard and staying focus I’d say not much is different

38 minutes ago, dariusmarimotoman said:

I feel that the Reapers have probably one of the best chances to win this year.

It's well deserved he works hard and has been showing it these past few games.

It's cold but I have a heater so I'm fine.

No, I'm not against the pandemic or anything but if we take the right precautions and stay safe everything should be fine.

I like to go bowling here and there or otherwise just play basketball in like a driveway or something.

I feel what we've been doing so far has been working for us so I don't really want to change anything.

1 hour ago, dariusmarimotoman said:

1) We've got the team here to go far. I think we've known that all season and maybe that's where the trouble lies. There was a bit of a lull prior to this winning streak... better now than later in the season, but we have to make sure we don't get complacent. There's no doubt in my mind the group of players we have can compete for the cup.

2) He's one of the best players in the VHLM, and he makes the players around him better. That's always great to have from your #1 centre. He's definitely a big part of the reason why we have the record we have.

3) I'm used to the winter and the snow and love December, so I'm good.

4) Obviously with the restrictions in place there are things that have to change but you just follow the protocols set out and do what you have to do. As an athlete in season you are pretty close to being in a natural bubble with your teammates so it's not too big a deal, though it's worse in the off-season.

5) Growing up in Minnesota I played both hockey and football until I blew out my knee in a football game in high school. I still love the game and I do miss it, but I think I made the right choice focusing on hockey.

this answer is in character -- irl, I'm a fairly successful competitive 5-pin bowler, but 5-pin bowling is only in Canada, so it wouldn't make sense from McLaren's perspective, and I wrote about him playing football in the past

6) I mean, maybe it's for a change in the routine. I feel like I haven't been playing up to my standards for the past week and a half or so. It's definitely not as frustrating when we're still getting the Ws, though. I might change up the pregame meal or something.