Philadelphia Reapers Press Conference

BladeMaiden

2 hours ago, dariusmarimotoman said:

Philadelphia Reapers Press Conference #6

🎅 Holiday Edition (Bo Bo Bo) 🎅

1. This week is Christmas Week. What is one tradition you will be doing OR what is one you usually do during the holidays? 

2: I love my gingerbread cookies; what is your favorite holiday treat? 

3: "I'm dreaming of a white christmas!" - Frank Sinatra. Are you expecting a white christmas this year?

4: What is your favorite christmas movie OR your favorite christmas carol? For me, Die Hard 1 and 2 are some of my favorites. 

5: Do you celebrate Christmas, or do you celebrate Hannukah, or any other religous holiday around this time? If you don't feel comfortable answering, then, What's your favorite part of the holidays?

6: Do you like to decorate for christmas? If so, what is your favorite decorations to put up? 

Merry Christmas, and stay safe.

- Bobo Claus 

1. Eat chinese food haha

2. I love gingerbread cookies, they're amazing

3. I am always hopeful for snow

4. Never really watch christmas movies haha

5. I do not celebrate Christmas sadly

6. Sadly I do not, but hopefully snow could do the trick!

8 hours ago, dariusmarimotoman said:

1. This week is Christmas Week. What is one tradition you will be doing OR what is one you usually do during the holidays? 

3: "I'm dreaming of a white christmas!" - Frank Sinatra. Are you expecting a white christmas this year?

4: What is your favorite christmas movie OR your favorite christmas carol? For me, Die Hard 1 and 2 are some of my favorites. 

5: Do you celebrate Christmas, or do you celebrate Hannukah, or any other religous holiday around this time? If you don't feel comfortable answering, then, What's your favorite part of the holidays?

6: Do you like to decorate for christmas? If so, what is your favorite decorations to put up? 

- Bobo Claus 

Going skiing with my family.

My family makes popcorn bars with m&m's in them and I love them.

Sadly no, it'll be the first time since 2011 that we don't get snow.

I'm boring and would say that Home alone would be my favorite.

I celebrate Christmas.

I've never been one to do the work but I like to put up the tree every year.

Answer: Sadly Moving to Japan means that Christmas isn't the biggest Holiday around this time of year as they celebrate New Years more then Christmas but in tradition to Japanese Christmas we have fried Chicken and Cake. While I try to bring some of the old traditions with me for my children from Canada like PJ openned the night before Christmas, Meat pies for Christmas Eve super etc... Hard when we are one of the few families celebrating and the kids still have school during the day. And yes we are also working during the day.

Answer: Breton Brittle and shortening cookies in the shape of candy canes. Sadly we won't have any of these in Japan since we don't have full sized ovens so most baked goods are extremely difficult or harder to make then effort. I miss my oven since coming to Japan. Breton Brittle we found as family while living in Cape Breton of all place yet the Breton refers to the crackers used to make the treat.

Answer: Normally that would be an easy answer as it usually doesn't get much colder then 20 during the days here in central Japan but we have had a cold snap the last week with temperatures down below zero and had some snow last week for the first time since I can remember. We are expecting rain on Thursday but if the weather stays cold enough that could easily mean snow instead so we might just get our winter Christmas. Usually we need to head further into the mountains here to get a winter Christmas. 

4: What is your favorite Christmas movie OR your favorite Christmas carol? For me, Die Hard 1 and 2 are some of my favorites. 

Answer: Living in Japan I will say I miss all the Christmas movies as they don't play any here. They have Christmas Carol blasting in all the stores but very few decoration or poorly decorated. Usually doesn't feel like Christmas here compared to the White cold, dark snowy nights in Canada. This is when I miss the cold of Canada the most. (Weird saying I miss the cold) Songs: Christmas Shoes and I am dreaming of White Christmas; also I will be home for Christmas is a good one when traveling. Movies: Miracle on 34th Street and I am dreaming of a White Christmas. I am more a classic guy. 

Answer: With the family part Japanese and Part Canadian we celebrate Christmas and we celebrate the New Years with ringing of the bells, eating soba and then visiting the relatives in the new year (dead or live) as is Japanese Tradition so the next week or two after new years is extremely busy with three jobs starting mid January as well. 

6: Do you like to decorate for Christmas? If so, what is your favorite decorations to put up? 

Answer: Love Christmas decorations but hate putting them up. My favorite has always been Christmas lights and Christmas tree. Bought a new 6ft tree this year and everyone here looks like we are nuts for having such a big tree. Most tree here are luck if they are 2 or 3 ft. Some of the Brazilian in the area have placed Christmas light on their house but doesn't compare to Canada. Major train stations will also do Christmas light displays but that is more for tourist from other countries.

15 hours ago, dariusmarimotoman said:

- Bobo Claus 

1.All of Christmas meals like carp, potatoes salat and cabbage soup. Christmas Tree at home and Holy mass at 24:00.

2. I am always happy from that potatoes salat, we have it only in few time per year.

3.Nice dream. It will be great to have white Christmas. One of our traditions is:,, When is snow on st. Catharine´s day, there will be no snow at Christmas and if it is no snow on that day, there will be snow on Christmas. We haven´t snow on st. Catharine´s day, so there is still chance for white Christmas :-)))

4. All of traditional movies in Slovakia (which you are probably not familiar with) like ,,Mrázik´´.From more known movies it is for example ,,Christmas Carol´´. 

5. Yeah, I celebrate Christmas and 6 day later a new year. 

6. Not very much. 🙂 I like to decorate Christmas tree only, and my favorite decorations are that from chocolate, because we can eat them after Christmas. 

On 12/21/2020 at 11:39 AM, dariusmarimotoman said:

- Bobo Claus 

1. A Polish Christmas dinner with my family

2. Gingerbread is tough to top

3. Well, in the Greater Toronto Area, snow has been far and few between, so I'm not getting my hopes up

4. Elf with Will Ferrell is the GOAT Christmas movie

5. I celebrate Christmas! All the gifts and stuff

6. The lights on the front of my house look particularly good this year 

On 12/21/2020 at 5:39 PM, dariusmarimotoman said:

We don't have any big traditions but like a lot of Europeans, the main part of our Christmas celebrations take part on the 24th, not the 25th.

Gingerbread is definitely up there as one of the best christmas cookies and treats for me as well, along with domino pieces and nut triangles (no idea if you guys gave those in North America though).

Nope, Christmas is pretty much never white here these days, in fact we barely get any snow during Winter at all anymore. It's really quite sad because I would love a White Christmas instead of a grey one.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy, they have nothing to do with Christmas at all but I somehow find myself rewatching them around the holidays almost every year so they have sort of become a holiday tradition at this point.

Yes we celebrate Christmas, but basically without any actual Christian overtones for most of it as only the more distant parts of my family are actually religious.

Full disclosure, I'm quite happy to pawn this aspect of it off on my girlfriend. Don't get me wrong I really like the decorations when they are up, but you don't want me in chargo of getting them there...

On 12/21/2020 at 8:39 AM, dariusmarimotoman said:

- Bobo Claus 

1. I don't really have many traditions. My family weren't really the get together and celebrate type. I do have lots of memories of just being alone on the ice, skating as fast as I could for hours and hours every time i got a new pair of skates for christmas though.

2. Peppermint shakes! Especially if they have little bits of candy cane in them! I just love sweets, can't get enough of them.

3. I hope so! It's always cold in Philadelphia but that's never bothered me much. Snow on christmas just seems right, it just feels like the year hasn't ended properly if it doesn't snow a bit. Just a bit though! Not so much that the kids can't go skating on the ponds!

4. Die Hard isn't a christmas movie! A movie has to be about christmas, not just during christmas, for it to be a christmas movie! I'm a huge fan of the movie Elf with Will Farrell. He's so funny in it, and it's just absurd how he behaves as he does. I could never do that! Could you imagine doing such embarrassing things while a whole crew watches you?

5. My favorite part of the holidays is always just getting that little bit of quiet ice time, all to myself. I just get to be me, free and focusing on the only thing that truly makes me feel alive, racing around the ice.

6. I have never had my own place to call home until this year so I've never decorated before. This year I bought myself a nice little indoor tree that I can decorate. I went with blue and black ornaments in honor of the team that was so wonderful to give me a chance to play regularly in this league!

On 12/21/2020 at 10:39 AM, dariusmarimotoman said:

- Bobo Claus 

1) Usually my girlfriend and I go to one of our families for dinner on Christmas Eve and the other on Christmas Day, but with covid restrictions in Manitoba we stayed home this year.

2) Shortbread cookies are my favourite, and hot chocolate (more of a winter treat than holiday treat, but)

3) Surprisingly it wasn't looking like it about a week before, but we got a big dump of snow on the 20th and a little more during the week.

4) I always like Home Alone, and we also always watch the Grinch and some Disney Christmas specials

5) I celebrate Christmas - although we aren't really religious, so I guess more about the spirit of giving, time with friends and family, etc.

6) yeah! I only live in an apartment right now so just a small tree with Christmas lights, and lights up on the balcony as well.

New questions for week ending 1/3. 

1)      The Reapers swept Yukon in the opening round of the playoffs. How do you think the series went?

2)      Everyone agrees that playoff hockey is at another level. What is your favorite part of playoff hockey?

3)      The Reapers will face the San Diego Marlins in the next round. How do you think it will go?

4)      The Marlins are led by their top defensive pair, Scotty Kaberle and Cowboy Prout, along with center Nero Endrizzi and forwards Red Lite and Maksim Yakolevsky. Anything you want to say to them or any other Marlin?

5)      The Reaper fan club left a Christmas gift for you at your locker. What was it?

6)      Our organist is looking for new songs to play on the organ. What is your suggestion? Why?

1 minute ago, DMaximus said:

1)      The Reapers swept Yukon in the opening round of the playoffs. How do you think the series went?

2)      Everyone agrees that playoff hockey is at another level. What is your favorite part of playoff hockey?

3)      The Reapers will face the San Diego Marlins in the next round. How do you think it will go?

4)      The Marlins are led by their top defensive pair, Scotty Kaberle and Cowboy Prout, along with center Nero Endrizzi and forwards Red Lite and Maksim Yakolevsky. Anything you want to say to them or any other Marlin?

5)      The Reaper fan club left a Christmas gift for you at your locker. What was it?

6)      Our organist is looking for new songs to play on the organ. What is your suggestion? Why?

1) I think that first series went as most people expected it but that makes it even more dangerous because it makes it easy for complacency to set in even though we have achieved nothing yet.

2) The comraderie, since you spent so much time with your teammates and go through high pressure situations together.

3) It will be a tough one, we did pretty well against them in the regular season but they added some reinforcements since then so it will be a whole new game.

4) I try to focus on myself more than on the opposition but of course they have some great players and I respect guys like Kaberle and Lite tremendously, so it will be tough.

5) Some home-baked quarantine-cookies, they are delicious!

6) When it comes to the organ in the arena, I'm all about the classics. Also movie scores tend to work great, maybe some Lord of the Rings since that's what i'm currently watching over the holidays?

28 minutes ago, DMaximus said:

1. Great, They were solid preparation for stronger opponents in the next rounds. I am happy we have beaten them so soon.

2. That Defensive play. You know it. Each goalie loves games, when defense makes his job easier. In play off are theese games more common than in the regular season.,

3.I haven´t looked to them yet, but I think it is our obligation to beat Marlins. 

4. Be ready for us! We are going to steal you that cup! haha. Nice season, but it is time go to vacation for you 🙂

5. Haha. You´ve catched me! Duno when it was sent, but I wasn´t looking to messages, which were sent, while I was sleeping, so if it was between them, I have aliby :-). I´ve saw a nice picture, which sent Bobo. There is green background and Merry Chistmas in red 🙂 . But if you mean another gift, then I´ ve no Idea. From this mmoment I will read every message in the locker room. And maybe the next year I will be possible to get right answer 🙂 . But if it was whatever thanks for it very much GMs!

6.Something dynamic, which wake us before every game!

Answer: I actually think we got luck to sweep the Rush in the first round as majority of our big players, Addison, Bouchard etc really didn't produce that much over the four game series. Luckily for us other players carried the team like the new third line.

Answer: Nerves and the excitement. This allows me as a player to get up for the game with extra energy to play the game. Sadly this season every time I say I get up for a game it seem my production suffers. Maybe I tighten up too much then I guess or don't channel the energy like I should. I will need to work on it for the second round as it will be a big series.

Answer: I tend to always look at past results as an indicator to look at future results. If I am correct someone stated that we went 4-1 against them in the regular season so one would expect something similar. This bodes well for us then right?

Answer: I tend to focus on myself and our team but when you look at the players on the Marlins must pay your respects as they have fourteen players over the 200 TPE mark for the nineteen man roster since they are only carrying a single tender at the moment. Compare that to our team we have sixteen of a twenty two man roster so it looks like a very close series is inbound.

Answer: Hand lotion since my hands seem to becoming dry at the moment so hopefully the lotion will soften them up a bit. I am also a guy that likes to be pampered like a Madonna or Charles Manson but at the same time I can take care of my own. If you look good, feel good then you preform good too; right?

Answer: Well, Are we talking hockey songs or something of a challenge? I am more pump them up type of player so I am looking at Rat in cage by Smashing Pumpkins, intergalactic by the Beastie boys and Eye of the Tiger by Survivor. I can also think of a few more like Eight Miles, Purple pills, I like to Party, Party rock anthem but you get the idea.

2 hours ago, DMaximus said:

It was great for us, we need something to get us started in our playoff run and a sweep may be what we needed.

The hypeness of the crowd.

It will be a tough series but if we can beat them I think there's nothing that can stop us.

They are very notable players in the league and are no doubt good competition for us so it will be a true challenge for us.

Socks

Seven nation army would maybe be cool.

2 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1) Well it certainly went well haha, I'm hoping to keep giving our team a chance to keep winning every night

2) There's something about the do or die feeling that just gets the blood pumping

3) We have had some interesting results against them this season so we have to be doing our best every night to win thee series

4) Listen I'm a big guy so least you can do is shoot at my chest. Thanks.

5) A copy of NHL 21 actually, super excited to get into that.

6) Headlines by Drake is my pump up song and would probably work

4 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1) It went as well as we could've hoped for obviously, ending in a sweep, but it's about to get a lot tougher for us.

2) The intensity, the atmosphere, the feeling that every play matters more. When the pressure is on and you make a play it's a completely different feeling.

3) I think San Diego is the team nobody really wants to play in the VHLM playoffs. They finished 3rd in the regular season but they were so good in the second half. They are at least as good as Mexico and us, so we'll have to really bring it. But we've got a great group here, a lot of depth and a lot of talent so I have faith that we can pull it off. It'll be a great series.

4) I'll do my talking on the ice. There will probably be some chirps, but I'll save them for on the ice.

5) A bunch of Christmas baking... shortbread cookies, gingerbread, cheesecake. It's all delicious, much love to the fan club.

6) As far as the organ at a hockey game goes, there's nothing like the classics and they really add something to the atmosphere of the game. But I did see Bouchard suggest Eye of the Tiger earlier, that'd be pretty cool and get the guys pumped up.

4 hours ago, DMaximus said:

I believe that it went very well. The boys were buzzing; the crowd was cheering; we got those Ws. 

My favorite part has to be the fans. They make every game worth it, and they bring the energy!

It'll be an uphill battle for sure, but we can take them. They're just another opponent. 

We miss you Red Lite, and wave goodbye to your season, it doesn't have much more time left in it. See ya on the ice. :)

I got a Microphone (for my new podcast, of course). 

Highway to the Danger Zone. That song kicks heavy ass. That's my reasoning why, mr. Maximus. 

(sorry my graphics aren't working for some reason :()

6 hours ago, DMaximus said:

1) I think you summed it up right there, a sweep was perfect. We were dominant and now we can wait for our next opponent. 

2) I love how everyone leaves it out there, our doctor's get us back to being somewhat healthy and we go out and do it agagin.

3) Hopefully well, we are the team to beat in my opinion. 

4) Nothing really, the talk really belongs on the ice

5) Nothing, I don't celebrate haha!

6) Lose yourself to dance

1)      The Reapers swept Yukon in the opening round of the playoffs. How do you think the series went?

I think that series went pretty much as expected.  Our big boys stepped up and made a real difference.  I thought that after the first game that it could be a close series, but, then, we seemed to find another gear and wound it up quickly.

2)      Everyone agrees that playoff hockey is at another level. What is your favorite part of playoff hockey?

The intensity of the game picks up.  Every mistake is emphasized and could make the difference between winning and losing.  Also, the crowd becomes a lot more rabid.  That serves to energize players a lot at this time of the season.

3)      The Reapers will face the San Diego Marlins in the next round. How do you think it will go?

I think it will be a close, tough series.  Both teams are talented, but the Reapers get the nod because of their depth.  But this is playoff hocket so anything can occur.

4)      The Marlins are led by their top defensive pair, Scotty Kaberle and Cowboy Prout, along with center Nero Endrizzi and forwards Red Lite and Maksim Yakolevsky. Anything you want to say to them or any other Marlin?

I have a great deal of respect for these players.  They are certainly talented and have led their team to “The Promised Land” (playoffs) this season.  I would like to remind them though to keep their heads up during the series with us.

5)      The Reaper fan club left a Christmas gift for you at your locker. What was it?

I could say a brand new “Eleanor” model Mustang, but our fan club doesn’t have pockets that are that deep.  So they gave me a brand new carbon fibre stick.  The fact that it was a right-handed stick and I shoot left was inconsequential.  It is the thought that counts.

6)      Our organist is looking for new songs to play on the organ. What is your suggestion? Why?

I don’t really have any suggestions.  Anything that is selected, though, should be upbeat in order to get the adrenalin levels up and contemporary in order to excite and entertain the fans.

I think it went as expected. We were definitely the better team but they put up a good fight. Now on to a more challenging series now

The fan atmosphere. During the playoffs it's just on another level which makes it that much more exciting to come to the rink.

My Fathers old team and the team I started for. It will be a good series and I think we will definitely pull out the series win

Nope, my words will come through my play. I will be giving it 110% and they might need to watch out as I will be looking forward to giving them some big hits on them

Some frozen perogies, they know I miss my home country and my perogies!

Anything he picks will be great. He has done a great job all season getting the fans involved

1)      The Reapers swept Yukon in the opening round of the playoffs. How do you think the series went? I think it went well, we played great all around and we went 4-0 with the sweep, can’t complain at all.

2)      Everyone agrees that playoff hockey is at another level. What is your favorite part of playoff hockey?The best part of playoffs is the intensity of the hockey and the speed it is played at. If you lose you go home, if you win you go on, so you always got that on mind.

3)      The Reapers will face the San Diego Marlins in the next round. How do you think it will go?San Diego is a great team and should give us more of a challenge in this round, but I think we will come out on top in this series. Possibly 4-2 Philly.

4)      The Marlins are led by their top defensive pair, Scotty Kaberle and Cowboy Prout, along with center Nero Endrizzi and forwards Red Lite and Maksim Yakolevsky. Anything you want to say to them or any other Marlin?They have some great players and all I gotta say is play hard and good luck because you’re going to need it.

5)      The Reaper fan club left a Christmas gift for you at your locker. What was it?A box of Lindor chocolates, those are the best and it was a great gift.

6)      Our organist is looking for new songs to play on the organ. What is your suggestion? Why?I would have to recommend Hell’s Bells, good pump up song and it relates to us as the Reapers.

On 12/29/2020 at 9:20 AM, DMaximus said:

1. Tougher than implied by the scoreboard.  But our focus on the small stuff (finishing checks, getting to the net) paid off.

2. The intensity.  The need to win each little battle to be successful.

3. Marlins ought to get out their golf clubs...

4. Keep your head up.

5. Tin foil.  Tip of the cap to the 70's classic movie.  Thanks Reaper Rooters, much appreciated!

6. Freaks by Timmy Trumpet.  Fires me up!

On 12/29/2020 at 6:20 AM, DMaximus said:

1. How do I feel? It's great to win a playoff series you know? Don't you know I should be feeling great right now? I'm on top of the moon...

2. I do love the intensity it brings. the fact that I know I'm skating against people who are giving 100% of their energy on every shift, no matter what. That revs me up.

3. I think it will go great, but I'm biased of course. I think we will win and move onto the finals.

4. I just want to let them all know that I respect them and wish them luck when they watch us win the cup from their couch at home.

5. Ooo, I love surprise gifts. If the fanclub knows me well they'll leave me something sweet, maybe something exciting too. Hmm, perhaps something from a famous chocolatier from Switzerland? A little something from a patisserie in France? Something like that.

6. Well I don't know what music works with an organ and what doesn't really so I guess I'd have to say one of my favorite songs and hope it works. The problem is which song is my favorite? Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding? Hurt by Nine Inch Nails? When I'm gone by Eminem? My tastes are so eclectic and I'm not sure which one I'd pick, maybe I should just suggest all 3.

PHILADEPHIA REAPERS PRESS CONFERENCE

ANSWER ALL 6 FOR 2 TPE, ANSWER LESS THAN 6 FOR 1 TPE. 

1: THE REAPERS HAVE MADE THE FINALS AGAINST MEXICO CITY. GOING INTO THE SERIES, HOW IS YOUR PLAYER HOLDING UP?  WHAT HAS HE BEEN UP TO? 

2: RECENTLY, FORMER SAN DIEGO GM ROCKSTAR HAS RESIGNED FROM HIS POSITION THERE. IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE, WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO BECOME THE NEW MARLINS GM? 

3: WOULD YOU WANT TO RECORD A PODCAST, IF SO, WHY? IF NOT, THEN ALSO, WHY? WHAT WOULD THE NAME OF THE PODCAST BE? 

4: IF YOU HAD TO DECIDE, WHAT VHL TEAM WOULD YOU WANT TO BE DRAFTED TO AND WHY?

5: WHAT'S YOUR DREAM VACATION SPOT, AND WHY CHOOSE THAT PLACE OVER OTHERS?

6: IF YOU COULD PICK ANY CITY TO EXPAND TO IN THE VHL(M), WHAT WOULD IT BE AND WHY?

- BOBO, PHI AGM AND HOST OF NEW PODCAST BOBO TALKS, FIRST EPISODE 1/11/21-1/15/21. HAVE A GREAT MONDAY.

3 minutes ago, dariusmarimotoman said:

1: THE REAPERS HAVE MADE THE FINALS AGAINST MEXICO CITY. GOING INTO THE SERIES, HOW IS YOUR PLAYER HOLDING UP?  WHAT HAS HE BEEN UP TO? 

2: RECENTLY, FORMER SAN DIEGO GM ROCKSTAR HAS RESIGNED FROM HIS POSITION THERE. IF YOU HAD THE CHANCE, WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO BECOME THE NEW MARLINS GM? 

3: WOULD YOU WANT TO RECORD A PODCAST, IF SO, WHY? IF NOT, THEN ALSO, WHY? WHAT WOULD THE NAME OF THE PODCAST BE? 

6: IF YOU COULD PICK ANY CITY TO EXPAND TO IN THE VHL(M), WHAT WOULD IT BE AND WHY?

- BOBO, PHI AGM AND HOST OF NEW PODCAST BOBO TALKS, FIRST EPISODE 1/11/21-1/15/21. HAVE A GREAT MONDAY.

1. He's been holding up pretty well! Considering how he started the year to now, it is amazing!

2. Sadly not too interested in a minor league spot, maybe one day I'd love to have a jump the majors. 

3. I actually would, I used to sometimes in the SBA. Unsure what I would name it, probably something not too fun haha

4, I can't just choose one, but I'd say maybe the Legion to deal with some unfinished business there. 

5. Somewhere warm, I'd love some warm weather

6. Add another in Philly!

29 minutes ago, dariusmarimotoman said:

1. My player had a pretty slow start to the playoff but has been picking it up lately, so combined with how the team has performed so far I'm pretty happy.

2. No thank you, I just never really had the drive to be a GM in a league like this even though I have held the job in the past when nobody else was there to do it.

3. Sure! It depends on the exact set-up of people and the topics of course but I would probably enjoy being on one.

4. Don't really have a preference yet but I'm looking forward to the process!

5. Some spot around the Mediterannean, could be Greece, Italy, Spain or a bunch of other places, just such a lovely region of the world.

6. Time to bring the VHL back to Germany and as the city of choice I would pick an absolute hockey hotbed that isn't one of our most famous cities but certainly one of the most passionate and successful ones in terms of hockey: Mannheim.