Philadelphia Reapers Press Conference

BladeMaiden

1. With the draft we have a completely new look team. How do you think the draft went for the team?

I look forward to working with all of the new guys! I think the draft turned out spectacularly for us and I think we have a real shot at the post-season!

2. Do you have any goals for your player this season?

Optimistically, I'm hoping for something close to 30 goals, 45 points.

3. If you could have a goal song for your player, what would it be?

I'd probably pick something like Swing by Parkway Drive, heavy stuff for good goals sends chills through crowds in my opinion.

7. What team is your pick to win the Stanley Cup playoffs in the NHL? Did your favourite team make it?

As a Ducks fan, I'm rooting for the Panthers. They're my favourite team in the East and I want a team that's never won a cup to raise it this year. Minnesota winning would also be pretty cool in that regard.

8. Favourite food?

There's this Korean street food stand where I live and when I say their tteokbokki is to die for, I mean it. When I move away for Uni, I might miss that more than home cooking.

9. Controversial opinion: Pineapple does not belong on pizzas, why or why not?

Pineapple is the best pizza topping. It adds explosive flavour to the dish and keeps everything juicy when it needs to be.

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of May 30th, 2021
(You don't have to answer every single one, just answer 6 for 2 TPE)

1. We've started the season 9-4-0. What do you think about our record?

2. Would you consider us a serious cup contender? 

3. The Yukon rush and @Juice have declared war on us? What do you think of this potential rivalry?

4. Other than the Yukon Rush, who would you consider our biggest rival?

5.  We have a handful of players who are above a point per game including Genghis Khan @caltroit_red_flames who's tied for the league lead in points and Alex Johnston @Alex_J32 who's leading the league in goals. Are you happy with your players performance so far this season?

6. What's your favourite video game right now?

7What is your go to hype up song?

8. Peanut butter or Nutella and why?

9. Is water wet?

We started out slow, losing three of our first four games, with the Lynx being the one team of those three we should have definitely beaten. We've both won and lost against good teams, but I do think I would have expected our record to be a bit better at this point. I think we'll be higher than third in the standings by the time the season ends, so we've got some work to do.

Absolutely, though it's not going to be easy. I mean, we've shown that we can beat Halifax and Minnesota, the other top teams in the conference, and we're doing all of this with me playing just over 10 minutes per game. I really do think we are underperforming right now, and it's just a matter of figuring out the best lines before we really start to click.

3. The Yukon rush and @Juice have declared war on us? What do you think of this potential rivalry?

I don't want to hate the Rush, because I was the team founder way back in S31, but they knew how badly I wanted to play for them, and sure they needed a center when they picked Numminen, but it still stings a bit. Now not only do I want to see them lose, I want it to be by our hands.

I think I'd say Halifax, even though I think Minnesota is the better team. We just handed Halifax their first loss of the season after starting 11-0, so they surely will want to get us back for that.

5.  We have a handful of players who are above a point per game including Genghis Khan @caltroit_red_flames who's tied for the league lead in points and Alex Johnston @Alex_J32 who's leading the league in goals. Are you happy with your players performance so far this season?

Not one bit, and I think part of the fault lies on the GM who has me playing on literally just one line. It's the VHLM so I don't really care enough to say anything, but I think I definitely deserve more minutes.

Peanut butter of course. I've loved peanut butter ever since I was a kid, and I don't really care much for Nutella. Peanut butter is also healthier I'm pretty sure, so it's really no contest for me.

Guest Noxalpha
3 hours ago, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

9. Is water wet?

1-Since I arrived in the team we played insanely well, we had a slow start but we tried different strategies and started winning games and scoring goals

2-I would, seeing what we were able to do against Halifax and other big teams in the league I think we could go far in the playoffs even going to the final would be something realistic 

3-I think it’s a good rivalry, they have a good team and that’s going to put some spicy in the season and we’re going to play better to show who’s the best 

4-I think the Minnesota storm could be a good rivalry only being one point behind them we can get some important points and beat them 

5-I am, compared to last year my player stepped up his game and started scoring more goals and getting a lot of assists per game but I also have a solid team playing alongside 

6-Right now it is f1 2020

7-Right now it is hills from the weekend, the best in this song is amazing 

On 5/24/2021 at 5:33 PM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

9. Is water wet?

1) Great, we got a short king in net and one of if not the best two-way d-men in the league in Ranogajec. Certainly better than last season. 
2) I would, we’ve kept a lot of the good assets from last season that have all only improved, and added on with great scorers, defensive players and obviously some fantastic goaltending.

3) it sounds exciting, but I know we’ll crush them.

4) We don’t have many other teams close geographically and not much to work with in terms of team names, so I guess we’ll just wait till the end of the season to see if one forms.

5) Absolutely. Least points on the team but 4th in hits (with great company mind you) and tied 2nd in blocked shots, all while having just 3 minor penalties in 11 games. Great start to the season for me defensively.

6) couldn’t find the disk for UFC 4 so I’m playing a lot of UFC 3 and NHL 21, but I just ordered Skate 3 so hopefully I get some PT on that.

7) Speed of Sound by Coldplay. Not exactly a hype song, but my favorite songs usually get me going good before a big game.

8) Both because fuck it

9) No, because for something to be wet the default has to be that it’s dry. Water in its default form isn’t dry, thus it isn’t wet.

On 5/24/2021 at 5:33 PM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

A slow start but we have been picking it up.

Its hard to tell, honestly think it's too early to tell and anyone has a shot.

Who? never heard of them.

I think right now Halifax, two close split games and fighting for that first seed.

I am so far, started out stronger then I expected too.

Madden, at the moment 

I'm not sure I listen to alot of music lol

Peanut butter, because what bum would choose Nutella.

9. Is water wet?

I'm not falling into this trap 

That's a good start, I think we can do better. I hope we start putting together some better results down the road here.

Yes, we have a deep and strong roster. We should expect to compete every night.

3. The Yukon rush and @Juice have declared war on us? What do you think of this potential rivalry?

There is no rush.

I don't have enough of a pulse on the community to determine rivalries in all honesty.

5.  We have a handful of players who are above a point per game including Genghis Khan @caltroit_red_flames who's tied for the league lead in points and Alex Johnston @Alex_J32 who's leading the league in goals. Are you happy with your players performance so far this season?

Because we have a stronger roster our top 3 guys aren't running the team anymore, so my production has dropped off. It's disappointing but not unexpected.

Knockout City is so much fun, I've been having a blast with that.

I jump between genres so often I don't have a set go to lol.

Peanut butter all day, Nutella is too rich.

9. Is water wet?

Yes.

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of June 6th, 2021

1. Kaleeb and I have been talking about introducing a team MVP award to be given out each sim by the winner from the previous sim. What do you think of this idea? 

2. As the season moves along it's looking very likely that we will be up against the Minnesota Storm in the first round of the playoffs. How do you like our chances against them?

3. With us closing in on the halfway point of the season, what are your thoughts on how we've done and in what area do you think we need to improve the most?

4. What brought you to the VHL and are you enjoying your time so far?

5. If there was a VHLM All-Star skills challenge, what event would you most want to participate in?

6. With the VHLE being introduced in S80, where would you like to see a team? What potential team would you like to play for? @Juice has been pushing for a team in Budapest.

7. With me being a Buffalo Sabres fan, the playoffs are something that I've barely seen my favourite team in. If your favourite team is still in the playoffs, what are your thoughts on how they are doing and their chances going forward?

8. In a non-pandemic world, do you prefer to order-in or go to a restaurant?

9. What are you most excited to do this summer?

Guest Noxalpha
1 hour ago, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

1. Kaleeb and I have been talking about introducing a team MVP award to be given out each sim by the winner from the previous sim. What do you think of this idea? 

2. As the season moves along it's looking very likely that we will be up against the Minnesota Storm in the first round of the playoffs. How do you like our chances against them?

3. With us closing in on the halfway point of the season, what are your thoughts on how we've done and in what area do you think we need to improve the most?

5. If there was a VHLM All-Star skills challenge, what event would you most want to participate in?

6. With the VHLE being introduced in S80, where would you like to see a team? What potential team would you like to play for? @Juice has been pushing for a team in Budapest.

7. With me being a Buffalo Sabres fan, the playoffs are something that I've barely seen my favourite team in. If your favourite team is still in the playoffs, what are your thoughts on how they are doing and their chances going forward?

1- I like the idea, having this could show who the true leaders are on this team, we have a solid team but we could see who’s working hard to be the best

2-I think we have a lot of chances to get past them in the first round, they have a good team but we are strong enough to surprise them

3-I think we are doing insanely well, we need to work on our scoring chances, we have a lot of shots each game but we are not able to score so I think we should improve on that 

4-I just saw someone promoting the vhl hockey league and I love the league, the staff and the teams are amazing 

5-Being a defenseman I would love doing the hardest slap shot contest or try to score on the save streak 

6-I would love seeing a team in Paris it’s a city I love and it’s amazing, I think they would have a really great potential 

7-They are doing really great, I’m a big habs fan, they were down 1-3 after 4 games and now it’s a 3-3 series heading in game 7 tonight, they are playing in the leaf’s head rn which can help them win the decisive game tonight

8-I prefer going to the restaurant, it’s fun having a nice diner with your friends having a good time

9-Working, being a life guard it’s really nice being outside the whole summer, making new friends it’s a lot of fun

I think it's a cool idea, and not just as something to build camaraderie and get teammates acknowledging each other more. In the past, I've done weekly statistics to write articles or do podcasts highlighting top players. I like the idea of periodic accolades because it gives guys who are definitely not the best but still have a good day or week or whatever something to be a bit more excited about.

We've done well on special teams, particularly on the power play where we are second in the league with 30.22%. Our penalty kill is solid as well, fourth in the league, and we are the leaders in combined PP+PK%. On the contrary, I think our even-strength play is a weakness, particularly on offense. We are only 6th in total goals despite 42 power play goals, and while we only drop down to 7th when looking at just even strength goals, I think it's worse than you see at first glance. While I don't have exact numbers regarding how much time we spend even strength relative to other teams, we do have the second-fewest power play attempts and the fourth-fewest penalty minutes. Given that we are successful on power plays as well, those attempts are on average going to be shorter than most, giving us even more even strength time. Plus when you compare even strength goals, we are a lot closer to the teams at the bottom. We are the team that is the most reliant on power plays, and it shows. I think expectations were higher for us, and our even strength play needs to get better if we want to contend with the top teams.

Is there a challenge that let's me hit people? That one.

Location really doesn't matter much to me. Any preference I would have would be toward former VHL/VHLM teams. And truthfully, I care so little about it, that my number one choice would be to bring back the Toledo Scorpions. Obviously this is something that would never happen, but they were the VHLM affiliate for the Dynamo back in the early days, and I was GM for a season or two and played for them.

I'm a Wild fan, so my team is out. Even if they had pulled off a game seven win against Vegas, I gave them a very low chance of beating Colorado. I'm used to seeing them lose in the playoffs, but it could be worse, I guess. At least I get to see them in the playoffs.

100% order-in. I really don't care much for going to restaurants. I'm a slow eater, so I end up either holding everyone up at the end or having to stay out of all conversation to finish on pace with everyone else.

On 5/31/2021 at 9:41 AM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

1) Great! I think that would be a good way to gauge the best player on the team beyond the scoresheet.

2) I like our chances against every team besides the Yukon Rush. Those MFers are scary.

3) I would compare us to the leafs. (Not including all the choking) We have good defense, good offense, good goaltending, we just need to get motivated and improve our attitude and we’re one of the best in the league. 

4) I saw a youtuber advertise it (can’t remember which one) and it looked fun. Turns out, it’s better than I thought. 100% enjoying it.

5) best fighter. A UFC/Pride FC Grand Prix style tournament. 
6) Malmo or Rejkjavik. 
7) All my favorite teams missed or got eliminated. Flyers, Sharks, Kings, Flames, wild, Stars, so now I’m stuck with the Canes and Habs. Frowning 

9) Watch the ploffs, do Jiu Jitsu, and play video games. 

On 5/31/2021 at 9:41 AM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

I think it would be dope.

We can do it but at the same time I need to get my shit together between the pipes.

I think we've done good, always room for improvement, I think we may need a little more offense and maybe a little bit of improvement between the pipes.

A YouTube promotion and I wouldn't be here today if I didn't love it.

I'm not sure maybe someone should give me something fun.

Romeeeeeeeee, and ROMEEEEEEE if their is one.

I want the finals to be Carolina and the aves to make the finals since my penguins decided to not show up.

Go to a restaurant, I hate making phone calls.

I'll be working all summer I doubt I'll have time to really do anything.

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of June 13th, 2021

1. With new additions Kid Frost @TownBizness and Angel Wachiure @inflastud the forward group is looking great! Where do you think it ranks among the VHLM teams?

2. With the season officially being halfway over, there is a clear gap between the playoff teams and everyone else. Who do you think is the biggest threat come playoffs?

3. Who do you think is our team's MVP at the halfway point of the season?

4. What do you think the trade deadline will look like for us?

5. With the theme week being this week, what are you thinking of doing for it?

6. What NHL player would you compare your player too?

7.  The Sabres won the draft lottery :), who do you think they'll select?

8. Pineapple on pizza? yes or no

9. If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?

Guest Noxalpha
On 6/7/2021 at 3:56 PM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

1. With new additions Kid Frost @TownBizness and Angel Wachiure @inflastud the forward group is looking great! Where do you think it ranks among the VHLM teams?

2. With the season officially being halfway over, there is a clear gap between the playoff teams and everyone else. Who do you think is the biggest threat come playoffs?

1- I think it ranks us pretty high in the league, we were able to beat Halifax and some other big teams before the new additions so I think it’s going to be way better now

2- I think we’ll be a big threat in the playoffs, we’re pretty solid which means to mean that we’ll be able to beat big teams

3-I think Jared has been the mvp so far, playing really well, good defensive player but also a really good offensive guy

4-I don’t think a lot is going to happen, our team is pretty stacked rn and I don’t think we need more

5-I don’t really no yet, pretty occupied 

6-I would compare him to a Cale makar, he’s a good defenseman with good offensive abilities able to score and move the puck really well

7-Im pretty sure Owen power is going to be a Buffalo sabres next year

8-No not happening 

9- I would go to Italy, the pasta country 

On 6/3/2021 at 6:33 PM, Ron Gorgonzola said:

On 6/7/2021 at 3:56 PM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

1-I think it's really good for us and me since just joining 

2- Halifax definitely! 

3-Alex because of his leadership and play.

4- I think it's looking great and maybe some trades can help us to more of a contender to hoist the cup

7- Owen Power (another career ruined sorry not sorry) 

8- Hell to the no

9-I would stay where I'm at rn because I wouldn't know where I be going if I went somewhere completely different.

Well, now we have the upgrade from Deke Rike to Kaprizov as well. It's hard to say, though. On the one hand, I think individually it looks like we have one of the top groups along with San Diego and Minnesota. On the other hand, Yukon and Halifax have by far been scoring the most. Something is just clicking for them that isn't for the others. I do think the additions put us squarely ahead of Saskatoon, who have been outperforming my expectations, and into the same tier as the Marlins and Storm.

I'm finally starting to buy into Halifax being a top team. I knew they were good, but at the beginning of the season I had them at third in the conference. They currently have the best record in the league. Just looking at their roster, it doesn't look like they have the forward depth; it doesn't look like their defensemen quite stack up with other top teams. But they have gotten it done all season long, and individually they are only improving. They are playing really well as a team, and they are going to be tough for anyone to beat.

I'd go with JaredN Jr. He has been good all-around; he has certainly been our best defensive player, and one of our top offensive players as well.

After having already added Kid Frost and Angel Wachiure, I wasn't anticipating any additional moves. Adding Kaprizov should help, though. Our centers were definitely the weaker spot on our forward group; not that Deke Rike was terrible, but the move allows Kman to now play on the second line, which I think is more ideal.

I just went with a simple opinion piece on who I thought should get teams. Not very creative, I know, but I think it's really a great use of theme week to gather public opinion on potential teams and get people talking about it.

8. Pineapple on pizza?

Not for me, but I don't care what others do. Not big on pineapple in general.

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of June 20th, 2021

1. We've now added Darth Kaprizov @Darth Kaprizov to round out the forward group, do you have any words for Kaprizov to welcome them to the team?

2. Following the theme week last week, is there any place in particular that you would like to play in the VHLE of all the possibilities? (The correct answer is Istanbul;))

3. Is your player's build turning out the way you wanted? 

4. What is your personal highlight of the season so far?

5. Several members of the team are having remarkable individual seasons, how do you feel about your season so far?

6. What do you think the trade deadline will look like for us? Or if the deadline has passed, how do you think it went?

7. What's your prediction for the conference finals in the NHL playoffs?

8. What's your favourite childhood movie?

9. The Euros are going on now, What country do you want to win?

Edited by Alex_J32

1. We've now added Darth Kaprizov @Darth Kaprizov to round out the forward group, do you have any words for Kaprizov to welcome them to the team?

Welcome Darth  🙂

2. Following the theme week last week, is there any place in particular that you would like to play in the VHLE of all the possibilities? (The correct answer is Istanbul;))

Istanbul

i think so.  still baffled why DEF/Postioning is more important than skating.... you can't play your position if you can't skate.  

Being traded twice!  yeah baby!

5. Several members of the team are having remarkable individual seasons, how do you feel about your season so far?

First off, congrats to the studs, they are putting up some magical numbers this season.  My season, has gone about as planned. 

6. What do you think the trade deadline will look like for us? Or if the deadline has passed, how do you think it went?

Philly appears to have made quite a few trades to bolster the roster for the playoffs.  Minnesota looks like the best team to me, but what do i know. 

7. What's your prediction for the conference finals in the NHL playoffs?

Unfortunately, Vegas will smash the Habs and Tampa barely gets by Islanders

Slap Shot - my childhood was, well.......

i thought a gyro was a greek taco?

DK Philly#2.JPG

On 6/14/2021 at 10:20 AM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

1. We've now added Darth Kaprizov @Darth Kaprizov to round out the forward group, do you have any words for Kaprizov to welcome them to the team?

Let's win this cup.

Italy, it's always a place I've always wanted to visit.

I'm not sure at the moment.

Beating Halifax after they had a 5-1 and 6-3 lead.

I could improve on my save percentage and becoming more clutch.

I think it went good for us, we added more to our fire power that will help come playoffs.

Golden knights vs Lightning as much as I wouldn't mind seeing the Islanders in the finals.

Aladdin, or even the original toy story.

On 6/14/2021 at 10:20 AM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

2- Istanbul since you suggested it

3- just joined so I hope it will

6- probably good since you got me at least

7- lightning va Golden Knights 

8- the Rugrats Movie

9- Ireland I guess

Definitely Copenhagen. In my opinion, Denmark deserves a team more than any other nation aside from Germany, in my opinion, based on player representation in the VHL, past and present.

I would say yes. I'm looking to build Mourning into a two-way forward. Score goals and hit people, that's what I want to do. Early on I wasn't doing much of any of that, but my hits started picking up once my strength and checking were up to 70, and I've been picking up more goals ever since my playing time has gone up.

I would say that it was our 28th game of the season. The Wild went up 3-1 early in the third period, after which I scored a goal, had an assist, then scored a second goal to put us ahead. I ended up with a hat trick thanks to an empty net goal, but even without that, it was a huge third period for me to get us the win over a team that we are currently tied with in the standings. Plus I only had two goals and eight assists up to that point, so it was a bit of a turning point in the season for me. In the 37 games since that slow start, I've scored 21 goals and had 15 assists, so I've definitely picked it up.

Somewhat disappointed, even though I'm playing the way I would like to. I would have liked to have finished the season much closer to 100 points and 200 hits, honestly. The season I'm having right now is more like what I would've hoped to have as a rookie in the VHL next season, but if this is how I'm playing in the VHLM right now, it doesn't look great for next season.

Vegas and Tampa, that's my prediction. Though I also predicted Minnesota to beat Vegas (albeit that was a homer pick) and then Colorado to beat Vegas. I've been wrong about them every round so they're probably going to lose.

Hard to narrow it down to just one. I guess probably The Sandlot, but the first two Mighty Ducks movies and Space Jam are also up there.

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of June 27th, 2021

1. With playoffs right around the corner, what is your prefered matchup? Minnesota or San Diego?

2. With the season concluding who has been our regular season MVP, and why?

3. Yukon enters the playoffs as the team to beat, what do you think their strengths and weaknesses are?

4. What are your predictions for the first round if the VHLM playoffs if they started today?

5. When we're have been on the road this season what has been your favourite VHLM city to visit?

6. Do you have a preferred render for your player? If yes, who is it?

7. Do you have any pets IRL? I have a 8 month old puppy named Winter. If no, if you could have one what would it be?

8. Do you eat a banana from the bottom or the top?

9. controversial opinion, Dark Chocolate is the best chocolate! Agree or disagree?

Edited by Alex_J32

14 minutes ago, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of June 27th, 2021

1. With playoffs right around the corner, what is your prefered matchup? Minnesota or San Diego?

3. Yukon enters the playoffs as the team to beat, what do you think their strengths and weaknesses are?

4. What are your predictions for the first round if the VHLM playoffs if they started today?

5. When we're have been on the road this season what has been your favourite VHLM city to visit?

7. Do you have any pets IRL? I have a 8 month old puppy named Winter. If no, if you could have one what would it be?

9. controversial opinion, Dark Chocolate is the best chocolate! Agree or disagree?

1. honestly that is quite a difficult question as both teams look good but I think San Diego might be a better match up just due to the fact that thier true window might be next season from what I've heard

5.  being born in and being very used to very cold climate, for Armani going to San Diego was a very good experience if I cannot choose Philly

6. Yes Erik Karlsson because of the facial hair alone.

7. I have 4 pets! Two baby lovebirds named Sunshine and Pickle, an African Grey parrot named Jackson, and a little black dog named Gizmo.

8. The top obviously. Who eats it from the bottom?

9.  Dark Chocolate is really good if it is made right but honestly I would not call it the best.

Both are tough outs, i'm going with San Diego

I haven't been here long but can tell Alex J. has left his mark on more games than anyone else.  Jared, Vasiliy and Zeljko are all tied for 2nd place and in 3rd, the      GM for pulling off a bunch of trades to make PHilly a contender 

They have cool uni's but thats about it.  we will beat them.

Philly will beat San Diego, Mex in an upset over Yukon, 

Ummmmm  hello, Miami~!

yes, ronny jeremy

a Polar Bear!~

Peel and eat from the top

Isn't all chocolate the best? Sorta agree

140146936_DK6.thumb.JPG.d5580bfed95e774d11996c7b8d1f60f1.JPG

We've struggled against both teams, though the games have been pretty close aside from a couple blowouts early against San Diego. I do actually think we'd match up better against Minnesota, with our superior forward depth possibly taking over the series.

While I do think that if Alex Johnston weren't here, the rest of the team would step up and score more goals, there's no denying that he carried our offense. JaredN Jr was very solid as well, and would be Johnston's only contention. Jared was the best player all around, but I think Alex was the most valuable.

I'd say their weaknesses are more just non-strengths, and I'll start with those. Their penalty kill is rather average and Papa Emeritus hasn't been one of the top goalies. Again, I wouldn't say he's a weakness on the team, it's just that the rest of their squad outclasses the VHLM while he doesn't. They have the best power play, they can play physical while avoiding penalties relatively well.

I've got the top seed winning each matchup except in the 4 vs 5, where I can't help but predict the Reapers to beat the Marlins. Yukon and Halifax over Mexico City and Houston seem like sure things. Saskatoon has played well this season, and I do think they could potentially upset Minnesota, but ultimately I have to think the Storm will take it. We made some very solid additions to our team during the season, so even though we are lower in the standings, we definitely have a shot as well.

I don't personally have any pets, but my roommate has a four-month old puppy named Piper. I'm personally more of a cat person so if I were living on my own, I'd get a cat before a dog.

I guess it depends on which side you call the bottom. I eat it from the side opposite the stem.