Philadelphia Reapers Press Conference

BladeMaiden

On 6/21/2021 at 1:59 PM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of June 27th, 2021
(You don't have to answer every single one, just answer 6 for 2 TPE)

1. With playoffs right around the corner, what is your prefered matchup? Minnesota or San Diego?

San Diego, but it's not looking too great right now.

2. With the season concluding who has been our regular season MVP, and why?

Alex Johnston easily has been a beast all season.

3. Yukon enters the playoffs as the team to beat, what do you think their strengths and weaknesses are?

Offensively they are deadly, I would say weakness would be either goaltending or defense.

4. What are your predictions for the first round if the VHLM playoffs if they started today?

5. When we're have been on the road this season what has been your favourite VHLM city to visit?

I thought Vegas was pretty fun to be able to go too.

6. Do you have a preferred render for your player? If yes, who is it?

I honestly don't atm.

7. Do you have any pets IRL? I have a 8 month old puppy named Winter. If no, if you could have one what would it be?

I have my cat named Y'ffrre she's probably 2-3 years old.

8. Do you eat a banana from the bottom or the top?

No comment .

9. controversial opinion, Dark Chocolate is the best chocolate! Agree or disagree?

I agree 

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of July 4th, 2021

1. Well, we have been eliminated in 6 by San Diego from the playoffs. Do you have any takeaways from the first round?

2. What team do you want to see win the Founder's cup this season?

3. A few of our players are off the the VHL next season, do you have any words for these players?

4. If you are draft eligible (VHL or VHLM) in what round and to what team do you hope to be drafted by?

5. How do you see the next two rounds of the playoffs shaping up?

6. With the season ending what are your thoughts on the season as a whole, and what would you change for next season if anything?

7. Tampa vs. Montreal, who takes it? I have Tampa in 6, with Carey Price still winning the Conn Smythe.

8. If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life what would it be?

9. Who is your favourite superhero?

1. Well, we have been eliminated in 6 by San Diego from the playoffs. Do you have any takeaways from the first round?

It's a bummer. I certainly would have liked to have gotten to play a bit more and show off my skill before the draft. Not that the games really meant anything to me, but it beats just sitting around waiting.

I'll say Minnesota. If I didn't feel a bit burned by Yukon not making more of an effort to pick me, I would root for them, but I'm from Minnesota, so I have a soft spot for them anyway. Plus Yukon has too many S79 draftees and I don't want my draft competition to already have that over me.

3. A few of our players are off the the VHL next season, do you have any words for these players?

I'll see you on the ice, and don't take it personally when I hit you out there. I know I'm at that spot where I could spend another season in the VHLM, because I won't have a huge impact in the VHL, but I think my days as a Reaper are over.

4. If you are draft eligible (VHL or VHLM) in what round and to what team do you hope to be drafted by?

I'd like to be drafted near the top, though I'm not necessarily interested in any team above others. I do think I'll end up going later than most draftee rankings would place me, because I'm not active at all in the VHL discord. I think given that there are others who are just slightly behind me in TPE who GMs have probably taken more notice of, I'll fall so somewhere around the 5 to 7 range.

Yukon will take out San Diego. I think the series will go a lot like ours did with the Marlins. Even after four games before Yukon wins the final two. I think Minnesota beats Halifax, assuming they can even get past the Bulls. Halifax has really had to fight after it looked like it'd be a clean series two games in, while the Storm took care of business in four. Even though it was a sweep, it wasn't a cakewalk for Minnesota; they were tough games against a good team, so they won't be caught being overconfident. They've had time to rest and prepare for the next series, and I'm sure they're using that time wisely.

Then Yukon vs Minnesota in the finals... I'd prefer to see Minnesota take it, but I think Yukon's superior depth will be the difference in what I think will be a seven-game series.

8. If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life what would it be?

That's not a fun question. One song for the rest of my life? I'm just going to go ahead and pick my favorite song: Perfect Teeth by Motion City Soundtrack.

Edited by scoop

19 hours ago, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

6. With the season ending what are your thoughts on the season as a whole, and what would you change for next season if anything?

7. Tampa vs. Montreal, who takes it? I have Tampa in 6, with Carey Price still winning the Conn Smythe.

1. My takeaway is that at the very least we tried our absolute best and that's what matters 

3. Thanks for being here and playing your hearts out

4. Honestly I'm not sure. Being back in Philadelphia would be nice.

6. It was a beginning season of growth for me and next season I hope to grow even more 

7. I kind of want Montreal to take it but I see Tampa in 6

9. I'd say ether Superman or the Hulk, with Spider-Man being a close second 

On 6/28/2021 at 3:05 PM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

2. Minnesota Storm. I’ve never been there but the fans seem like some of the best in hockey.
3. Good luck! flatten out some guys for me bros!

5. No clue. The ploffs are wild so I’m not very fond of making predictions but I would have to go with the Rush.

6. I’m a bit unhappy with my lackluster season, I’d like to think I made a big improvement in my skills in defense, checking and discipline but I didn’t see the jump from last season that I had hoped for. Still, I loved how we played as a team and even just making the ploffs was a huge jump from being bottom what, 5, 2, last season?

7. As much as I want the Habs to be a big storybook winner, I do think the Lightning will win in 7 with Kuch winning the Smythe.

8. Either Arabesque or Guns by Coldplay.

9. Carey Price

On 6/28/2021 at 3:05 PM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

Keep our heads up and win this thing this upcoming season.

Minnie, @PatrikLaine deserves it, he's done great for his first year.

Good luck and hope to be able to put on a jersey with you guys again.

I'm going to have to step it up next season and play lights out.

I think Canadians will steal one.

I'm too indecisive for this, it would take my whole life to pick one.

Batman

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of July 11th, 2021

1. Are you excited for both the upcoming drafts? If you're draft eligible where do you expect to be taken in the draft?

2. What position do you think we need the most help at that can be acquired in the draft?

3.  Yukon leads the finals 3 games to 1 over Minnesota, how many more games does the series last?

4.  Our GM @KaleebtheMighty has been nominated for the Fredrik Elmebeck Memorial Award, what would you like to say to him?   

5. What is your prediction for the remainder of the VHL playoffs?

6. How do you think the first ever Reaper's Awards went? If an award could be added what would you like it to be?

7. Do the Canadiens Have a chance to comeback against Tampa?

8. What is your favourite summer food?

9. Apple pie is the best pie! Thoughts?

19 minutes ago, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

1. Are you excited for both the upcoming drafts? If you're draft eligible where do you expect to be taken in the draft?

2. What position do you think we need the most help at that can be acquired in the draft?

3.  Yukon leads the finals 3 games to 1 over Minnesota, how many more games does the series last?

I think Minnie will steal one more

4.  Our GM @KaleebtheMighty has been nominated for the Fredrik Elmebeck Memorial Award, what would you like to say to him?   

Good luck you deserve this!!!!

I'm not even sure who has made it to the finals lol.

6. How do you think the first ever Reaper's Awards went? If an award could be added what would you like it to be?

I think it went great, I personally think what you had was good enough.

There is always a chance for anything to happen in the world of hockey.

Hamburgers, Mac, pot, and pasta salad.

I have to disagree, peanut butter pie 😍

15 hours ago, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

1. I am extremely excited for the VHLM draft but I have no idea where I'll be taken

3. I'd like to see the series last until 7 for the memes but i think it ends in 5 or 6.

4. Even though the season did not end the way we wanted, I qm very happy to have played for you

7. Unfortunately I do not think so. I'd love to see a reverse sweep for the memes however.

8. My favorite summer food is grilled Italian sausages 

9. Honestly I disagree. I prefer pecan pie to that.

Not really excited about the VHLM draft, to be honest. I am psyched for the VHL draft, though. I'm thinking I'll be taken somewhere in the 6 to 8 range. I plan on being better than that, but my lack of a discord presence probably will move my draft stock down a bit. I also missed the finals predictions

I think it really depends on who is moving up to the VHL. I think the sixth forward is more important than the fourth defenseman, so if we lose a forward on top of Johnston and myself (to the VHL), I would say forward unless we lose both Jared and Grigorev. Goalie isn't the highest concern.

I'm proud of you. Honestly, I think those kinds of awards are the best. The ones where you are recognized as a valuable member to the league, and a good person. This is an award that you win, not your player winning via the grace of Simon. You definitely make the effort as GM of the team, and you seem to be doing a lot for the league in the way of logos. Best of luck to you, though I'm sure you're ecstatic just to be a nominee.

I think it went well. Team awards are always a good thing for a locker room, especially when you can acknowledge people aside from just the obvious star players. It helps keep more people interested, so it's especially good at the minor league level. I am honored to have won an award myself. I guess the first thing that comes to my mind for another award would be the Rookie Reaper. Not exactly the most creative. It could go to a standout player in their first season with the team.

Ice cream, but that's my favorite winter food and spring food and autumn food as well.

Eh, pumpkin pie I guess, though I don't really eat much pie.

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of July 18th, 2021

1. With the off-season officially beginning, the World Cup and WJC are right around the corner! Are you excited to see these happen? What team are you cheering for?

2. Several members of the Reapers have already been chosen for a WJC team ( @Darth Kaprizov Sr.and @Spaz), with 4 teams left to be named, do you think you'll be on one of them?

3. What is your way too early prediction of our final record next season?

4. In the upcoming draft our earliest pick is in the 3rd round, do you think we should draft the best available player or focus on positional need?

5.  What team do you think will be the team to beat next season? What team do you think will be our biggest rival?

6. What are your off-season plans for training?

7. Did you watch the Euro finals? What team were you cheering for?

8. What is your favourite summer sport?

9. Pudding is an underrated dessert, thoughts?

Edited by Alex_J32

On 7/11/2021 at 9:17 PM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of July 18th, 2021

1. With the off-season officially beginning, the World Cup and WJC are right around the corner! Are you excited to see these happen? What team are you cheering for?

Yes, and LFGgg team world!!!!!

2. Several members of the Reapers have already been chosen for a WJC team ( @Darth Kaprizov Sr.and @Spaz), with 4 teams left to be named, do you think you'll be on one of them?

I'm not sure honestly, idk if I'm cut out for it just yet.

Record wise, I'm not sure but I have a feeling we're going to be a Cinderella team.

4. In the upcoming draft our earliest pick is in the 3rd round, do you think we should draft the best available player or focus on positional need?

Positional needs.

5.  What team do you think will be the team to beat next season? What team do you think will be our biggest rival?

The Hounds, I want to beat them and they're going to be a big rival.

Go to the pond each day till the facilities open back up.

Football? Or is that considered fall.

I honestly agree now that I think about it, it doesn't get the love it deserves.

I'm not sure if I was able to make a team, so no, I suppose. I'll sip my Pina Colada on the beach in peace

Maybe if they are of high taste

We will win more games than we lose.

Always best player available (not necessarily the pure highest tpe). You can always fill out the roster needs throughout the season

We will be the team to beat. Whoever wins it all this season.

Beach workouts, pulling up my class to my mouth, etc

I was, I was cheering for Italy because my wife is a fan

floor hockey!

I disagree. Out of all available desserts I can't really imagine a scenario where I'd want pudding over most other things

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of July 25th, 2021

1. With the draft now complete we were able to add several key pieces in @ShawnGlade, @Habs fan, @Mattylive3k, @Joe one and @Artyom Suvorov, as well as bring back @LeBron Jamezz! How do you think the draft went for us?

2.  what are your personal goals for this upcoming season?

3. If you could improve our current roster in one place where would it be?

4. With Mississaugua having the draft they did are they the team to beat this season?

5. If you were in the VHL draft, are you excited to be joining a new team as a prospect? For those of you who were already drafted to the VHL how has your experience been as a prospect?

6. What team in the VHLM is set to surprise everyone this season?

7. If you could have anything for dinner what would it be?

8. Are boneless chicken wings, just nuggets in disguise?

9. Unpopular opinion: Tea is better than coffee in the morning.

25 minutes ago, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

1. With the draft now complete we were able to add several key pieces in @ShawnGlade, @Habs fan, @Mattylive3k, @Joe one and @Artyom Suvorov, as well as bring back @LeBron Jamezz! How do you think the draft went for us? Decent. I think we are a good team and with the New additions, I feel confident and proud to represent the reapers

2.  what are your personal goals for this upcoming season? Develop well and help the team to win

3. If you could improve our current roster in one place where would it be? Defense. We need to add some 

4. With Mississaugua having the draft they did are they the team to beat this season? Yeah, I think they will be a threat and that they will be one of the great trams this year

5. If you were in the VHL draft, are you excited to be joining a new team as a prospect? For those of you who were already drafted to the VHL how has your experience been as a prospect? I am thrilled to be a part of the reapers and it's all that matters to me for the moment

6. What team in the VHLM is set to surprise everyone this season? Ottawa. They have the potential to surprise and they will probably make other acquisitions 

7. If you could have anything for dinner what would it be? Mac'n'cheese

8. Are boneless chicken wings, just nuggets in disguise? Nah

9. Unpopular opinion: Tea is better than coffee in the morning. I have family in England. They would say that is true, but in the morning, I need my coffee with a croissant  

5 hours ago, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

1. With the draft now complete we were able to add several key pieces in @ShawnGlade, @Habs fan, @Mattylive3k, @Joe one and @Artyom Suvorov, as well as bring back @LeBron Jamezz! How do you think the draft went for us?

4. With Mississaugua having the draft they did are they the team to beat this season?

5. If you were in the VHL draft, are you excited to be joining a new team as a prospect? For those of you who were already drafted to the VHL how has your experience been as a prospect?

1. Well you drafted me so I'd say it was fantastic

4. Probably, they had a pretty stacked class but it is what it is

6. Probably us or SSK. Both have great management with a solid roster to back them up

7. Pasta with ground beef. Or a nice burger from anywhere

8.They're wings, unless they are specifically nuggets

9. Maybe, but water is better than both

1. With the draft now complete we were able to add several key pieces in @ShawnGlade, @Habs fan, @Mattylive3k, @Joe one and @Artyom Suvorov, as well as bring back @LeBron Jamezz! How do you think the draft went for us?

Considering where Philly was picking we obtained critical pieces with great value for S79

to not go over 250TPA  lol

DEFENSE!!!!

On paper, they look tough and very deep but i guess thats what happens when you suck the year before.  

PHILLY OF COURSE

corn dogs!

8. Are boneless chicken wings, just nuggets in disguise?

Si Senior!

absolutely not.  COFFEE  COFFEE COFFEEDKSr_GM.JPG.3d788d8e7266507ca8e142627803fc1a.JPG

1. With the draft now complete we were able to add several key pieces in @ShawnGlade, @Habs fan, @Mattylive3k, @Joe one and @Artyom Suvorov, as well as bring back @LeBron Jamezz! How do you think the draft went for us?

Think it went pretty well. These are a lot of good pieces

I'd like to win a cup :)

Let's say defensive depth

Nope, we are

yes, looking forward to the new big league club

I think Yukon. People probably think they will be a lot weaker after losing some high calibre players

Tonight? I'd be pretty happy with some pasta

8. Are boneless chicken wings, just nuggets in disguise?

No, I've lost this argument from that perspective before.

This is just false.

On 7/18/2021 at 9:43 PM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

1. Lots of new additions, super happy to see how this season goes

2. Had a down year defensively imo, definitely more blocks and now since I’ve gotten my discipline, defense and hitting stats decently high I’ll start working on becoming more well rounded. Better shot, vision, skating, etc.

3. More defensive minded forwards. Not a huge issue considering we have one of the best top 4s in the league defensively with @Mattylive3k and @NineIQ v2 who have 70 and 75 defense (keep it up boys) but I would like to see a really mesmerizingly good defensive team backed up by the best short king in the VHL

4. They are very strong and are probably our worst matchup. Super dangerous bundle of hockey players

5. It’s been great developing each week and getting better pretty much by the day and super fun interacting with others. Made me want to stick around a lot.

6. Saskatoon-I’ve mostly seen hype for Mississauga (maybe I haven’t looked hard enough though) but like I’ve never said but will say now, defense wins championships and they’ve got it.

7. Oh my god my grandparents visited and we got the best fucking barbecue ever. A sweet roll with coleslaw, a bit of both meats, some Texas style bbq sauce and some slivers of pickle. Practically j****d my pants after the first bite

8. Yes

9. Wrong, correct answer is water

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of August 1st, 2021

1. What do you think about the teams performance so far this season?

2. Has your player been living up to you expectations so far this season?

3. Where do you feel the tam needs to improve the most to compete with Mississauga?

4. Our season series against Miami has been interesting to say the least so far, what do you think the series will end up being? (I'm hoping 7-1)

5. We've had a number of players hit career milestones this past week, and others are very close to some big ones, what is your next major milestone?

6. While we've been battling it out with Miami, the rest of the league has started to take shape, what team has been the biggest surprise so far?

7. Do you watch the NHL expansion draft? What do you think of the team chosen?

8. If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound?

9. What's your favourite sport to watch in the summer Olympics?

1 minute ago, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

3. Where do you feel the tam needs to improve the most to compete with Mississauga?

4. Our season series against Miami has been interesting to say the least so far, what do you think the series will end up being? (I'm hoping 7-1)

5. We've had a number of players hit career milestones this past week, and others are very close to some big ones, what is your next major milestone?

6. While we've been battling it out with Miami, the rest of the league has started to take shape, what team has been the biggest surprise so far?

1- I think we have been doing ok but I know that we can be doing way better 

2- I have been pretty happy with my players play. Can’t complain with 4 pts in 5 games

4- As much as I hope it’s 7-1 I don’t think it will be. Miami are very close to us so if I was guessing I would say 5-3 us

5-I don’t really focus on milestones tbh. If the team ain’t winning I’m not doing something right.

7- Seattle passed up on some big name players and they were in the weakest division no debate about it. So they could’ve of handled that draft a lot better in my opinion 

8- It does, but I don’t don’t know hot to explain it😅

I feel like we are playing about to our level right now.  It's early so we should start jelling a bit more after we get some more practices in. 

It's early but avging 2.2 pts per game.  I think I can do better but a 150 point pace is new ground for me.  just looking to help the team win anyway i can. 

Everywhere if we want to compete with Mississuagua

Don't tell coach but i'm really enjoying the road games in this series, sorry boss.

i want to bank 100-150 TPE into my rookie VHL season. 

Mexico City, not surprising though, they've lower to middle of the pack the past two seasons but got a win in the their series vs. # seed in last years playoffs so definitely a team on the rise. 

Was Ron Francis drunk.  baffled by some of the players they took and made minimal trades/deals to improve what could have been a stud roster.  but more than happy to see them struggle after the immediate rise Vegas has had.  (LAME)

Sometimes

Floor Hockey of course1173093150_DK11.thumb.JPG.e650918c0b05f0cc24e6e8023b1c29fd.JPG

1. What do you think about the teams performance so far this season?

I think we’re doing alright, still a ways to go though

a little below where I want him production wise

We need some chemistry, then we’re good

wins all the way out for us

I want 100 points in the season. 

miami honestly

nope, but I’m excited to follow Seattle

yes

none anymore

27 minutes ago, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

Besides the first game I think we've been playing hard, and I believe that will continue.

So far it's too early for me to tell.

Defense, but most teams are having that problem.

I'm hoping 7-1 but I'll pick a safe bet and say 5-3.

Have a .900 save percentage at the end of the season.

Yukon winning two games.

I'm not sure, I'm very surprised a few people weren't chosen, I'm not sure I like the team that was chosen.

Just because we didn't hear or see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I don't watch the Olympics sadly.