Philadelphia Reapers Press Conference

BladeMaiden

37 minutes ago, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of August 1st, 2021
(You don't have to answer every single one, just answer 6 for 2 TPE)

1. What do you think about the teams performance so far this season?

2. Has your player been living up to you expectations so far this season?

3. Where do you feel the tam needs to improve the most to compete with Mississauga?

4. Our season series against Miami has been interesting to say the least so far, what do you think the series will end up being? (I'm hoping 7-1)

5. We've had a number of players hit career milestones this past week, and others are very close to some big ones, what is your next major milestone?

6. While we've been battling it out with Miami, the rest of the league has started to take shape, what team has been the biggest surprise so far?

7. Do you watch the NHL expansion draft? What do you think of the team chosen?

8. If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, does it make a sound?

9. What's your favourite sport to watch in the summer Olympics?

1. I think we’ve done pretty good and if we keep this pace up and improve a little bit over the course of the season we’re gonna make the playoffs pretty safely.

2. Offensively and physically I think I’ve done better that expected but with all the PK time I’m getting and my defense rating, I think i should be getting more blocked shots and overall I hope me and the other defensive pairings can keep games tighter defensively.

3. I think 1 good offensive defenseman and/or a really good, tight, Johnathan toews type center.

4. I think it will be close, maybe 5-3 us, and really I’m a sucker for a good rivalry so I’m hoping that’s how it plays out.

5. Idk, I’m close to 50 points, 150 games, 250 hits, and I just hit 150 shots blocked.

7. I think the draft was weird, an interesting one focusing more on future talent mixed with veteran leaders. Weird that they took Dunn over Vladdy, Twarynski over JVR, Macdermid over Lemieux, and True over Donato. 
8. Yeah

9. Judo is super cool to watch but I also like Skateboarding and the gymnastics stuff (idk what it’s called)

On 7/26/2021 at 5:45 PM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

3. Where do you feel the tam needs to improve the most to compete with Mississauga?

4. Our season series against Miami has been interesting to say the least so far, what do you think the series will end up being? (I'm hoping 7-1)

5. We've had a number of players hit career milestones this past week, and others are very close to some big ones, what is your next major milestone?

6. While we've been battling it out with Miami, the rest of the league has started to take shape, what team has been the biggest surprise so far?

1. I feel like we are still on our way of finding our playing style and the rest of the season will be much better than the beginning

2. Not really. But I believe in him and hope that he will get better after every single game

4. Hockey is an unpredictable game. But not in this case. 7-1.

7. I think that Ron did a great job mixing players potential and their salaries. The team does not seem very strong right now but the most interesting part will begin after free agency opens

8.  I’m bad at math. But if I were a tree - I would definitely make a sound

9. 3x3 Basketball. Latvians are so good at it

On 7/26/2021 at 10:45 AM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

1. as of writing this we're 14-4-1 and I really like that, we're in a decent position this season and I think we're absolutely playoff contenders.

2. I'm pretty satisfied, I'm 1-1 I'd like to bring my SVV up to .900 or something like that but it'll get better as time goes on I'm confident.

3. We're already competing with them, not like we're gonna miss out on the playoffs, I think we just need to trust the process and kick some hound ass.

4. I havent kept up too well the the Miami series unfortunately, so I don't have much input unfortunately.

5. I had my first win, so I guess my next milestone will be my first shutout!

6. Vegas going 6-12 I think. I think that I had my expectations quite high for them this season.

7. I think Seattle is going to make some moves in the likes of trades, plus they have Yanni Gourde so that's instantly a good top 6 option for them.

8. So sound is only vibrations that are converted into noise by our ears, so no if no one is there it's just vibrations with no one to perceive them and interpret them.

9. Skateboarding, I was really surprised by Japan they took the gold for both mens and womens street skating, and it was well deserved Yuto Horigome is a world champion for a reason and he proved it in these games.

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of August 8th, 2021

1. Assuming the VHLE Gms have been named by the time you're reading this, what is your first reaction to the GMs?

2. Which of the VHLE teams would you want to play for and why?

3. With the recent play of Mexico and Mississauga, are we one of the top three contenders?

4. Which player on the team are you most impressed with this season?

5. What do you think of the Reaper's Hall of Fame? Which former Reaper would you want to see inducted?

6. How has your players production changed over the last week, are you happy with?

7.  What is your favourite snack food?

8. If you could bring 2 items (not a boat) to a deserted island what would they be?

9. Opinion: Chocolate is the best ice cream!

Edited by Alex_J32

1. Assuming the VHLE Gms have been named by the time you're reading this, what is your first reaction to the GMs?

- hmmmmm, not seeing anything.  there's a new league?   lol

- my preference would be for whichever team/organization has the best leadership

3. With the recent play of Mexico and Mississauga, are we one of the top three contenders?

- I feel we are the top team, MEX CIT is a fraud and MIS is not having as easy of a go of it as expected on paper.  

- It's hard not to be impressed with everyone....  Bates is having an awesome season, the way Tsarov scores in bunches is fun to watch, Reinhart is has been great in net, the entire D core gives us a chance to win every game.  

5. What do you think of the Reaper's Hall of Fame? Which former Reaper would you want to see inducted?

- Reaper HOF is cool.  

6. How has your players production changed over the last week, are you happy with?

- Whatever we did in the 10-1 win, we should keep doing.  Overall, I'm surprised with how consistent I've been this season.  I think there are only 1-2 without a point.  

Salt & Vinegar chips

8. If you could bring 2 items (not a boat) to a deserted island what would they be?

- a satellite phone and sunscreen

- Correct!

image.png.d572243b59d068d23dca6dd09a99e75d.png

On 8/2/2021 at 9:02 AM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of August 8th, 2021

@KaleebtheMighty is going to kill it!!!

Berlin, mainly because of Kaleeb and Rome is not a think unfortunately.

Yes, as to where we rank is a bit hard as we seem to be evenly matched with both teams, minus getting spanked 5-1 our games have been close with Mississauga.

Honestly everyone as a whole, for a team that was suppose to stick around .500 in the early part of the season, everyone has really put a piece of the team on their back and made us a serious contender, I am proud of everyone.

I love it, and I would love to see Spaz, but he only played one season here before getting called up to the titians, I'm working on hopefully getting Reinhart in now.

So far yes and I feel like I could do a bit better, it's just going to take extra work and practice.

Cheetos maybe, I'm not quite sure lol

Chocolate ice cream so I can watch it melt in the ocean and strawberry ice cream so I can't eat it while I watch the chocolate melt 

Nah fam strawberry 😤

Reveal hidden contents

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of August 15th, 2021

1. Following our 15 game winning streak, what's something the team can focus on to go on another streak?

2. With the season halfway over, what are you working on to prepare for playoffs?

3. Next season are you planning on going to the VHLE, making the jump straight to the VHL, or staying in the VHLM?

4. Our rivalry with Mississauga has been heating up, What do you think is one way we can push past them?

5. Last week we made a massive trade, shipping out most of our S81 picks for Donny Carter @TheNeonShaman, Drakon Zabastova @DarkSpyro and Sting Chameleon @Hybrid1486 to try and win now and to get @KaleebtheMighty a Founder's cup before he leaves for the VHLE next season. Where do you think this trade leaves the team among the league in terms of standings?

6. With the trade deadline approaching, do you think that there's anywhere that we can improve to really push for a Founder's cup?

7. Should pizza be cut into triangles or squares?

8. With the Olympics ending, how do you feel your home country did? Was there any particular moment that made you proud?

9. What is a new hobby that you've started doing in your spare time?

1. Following our 15 game winning streak, what's something the team can focus on to go on another streak?

Staying positive and supporting our teammates. 

2. With the season halfway over, what are you working on to prepare for playoffs?

Sauce passes both catching and receiving and always, edging!

3. Next season are you planning on going to the VHLE, making the jump straight to the VHL, or staying in the VHLM?

Pending HC Davos needs, more than likely in the E

4. Our rivalry with Mississauga has been heating up, What do you think is one way we can push past them?

turn the offense all the way up to 6  

5. Last week we made a massive trade, shipping out most of our S81 picks for Donny Carter @TheNeonShaman, Drakon Zabastova @DarkSpyro and Sting Chameleon @Hybrid1486 to try and win now and to get @KaleebtheMighty a Founder's cup before he leaves for the VHLE next season. Where do you think this trade leaves the team among the league in terms of standings?

What an action packed trade, picks, players a robot team.  

6. With the trade deadline approaching, do you think that there's anywhere that we can improve to really push for a Founder's cup?

Seems like it's usually a race to 5, so we need to make sure the OFFENSEN and PP are clicking the week or two heading into the playoffs.  still have a long way to go in regular season though 

squares, reason being, the pizza usually has a little move snap and grease to it.  

8. With the Olympics ending, how do you feel your home country did? Was there any particular moment that made you proud?

Being from the Congo, not much action here.  Watching the mens track events, you'd think the USA has never been to one of these Olympic things before. 

Shot Gunning Beers~!   Was hanging out with Ron Gorgonzola and Shawn Glade V after one of the games on our win streak and they showed me how to take your Lambo keys and puncture a can o'beer and chug chug.... you are done sir!

520454520_DK13.JPG.2771b33b64672dd23bd43745e39cbee0.JPG

8 hours ago, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

I'm working on my passes and shooting, maybe some puck handling. I gotta get better stick skills.

I mean I'm hoping to at least hop to the VHLE but VHL is the goal.

Probably just push as hard as possible and get pucks in deep.

5. Last week we made a massive trade, shipping out most of our S81 picks for Donny Carter @TheNeonShaman, Drakon Zabastova @DarkSpyro and Sting Chameleon @Hybrid1486 to try and win now and to get @KaleebtheMighty a Founder's cup before he leaves for the VHLE next season. Where do you think this trade leaves the team among the league in terms of standings?

Well as a player from that trade I feel like me and my teammates from Houston make this team better and deeper, so I think we are right up there at #1 or #2.

Probably all we need to do is make sure the lines look good and all the chemistry is there, maybe add depth but the team is already deep.

Triangles.

There's one thing I can do very well, and that's play defense. I'm just gonna keep working on getting better at that and the rest will fall into place.

I doubt I'll be playing in the VHL next season. I'm expecting VHLE, but I wouldn't be surprised if I end up in the VHLM for another season as well.

5. Last week we made a massive trade, shipping out most of our S81 picks for Donny Carter @TheNeonShaman, Drakon Zabastova @DarkSpyro and Sting Chameleon @Hybrid1486 to try and win now and to get @KaleebtheMighty a Founder's cup before he leaves for the VHLE next season. Where do you think this trade leaves the team among the league in terms of standings?

It leaves us a hell of a lot better than it leaves Houston, so it'll be nice to be able to compete for a playoff spot and a chance at a championship.

It depends on the shape of the pizza, but in most cases it should be triangular. There is a special place in hell reserved for people who cut round pizzas into squares.

Well, I believe we won the most medals, so I suppose we did very well. I didn't watch much of it, but it was kind of neat that Bruce Springsteen's daughter won silver in the horse thing.

Lockpicking. I just bought a kit earlier this week and I've cracked a couple locks, but I'm way far away from being "good" at it.

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of August 22nd, 2021

1. We've made another big trade bringing in Julia Waffles and Armani Calamari. What's your immediate reaction to this trade?

2. What's your prediction to where we will finish in the standings this season?

3. What team do you think is the biggest threat for us in the first round of the playoffs?

4. The offense seems to be heating back up after a small slump, what do you think was the biggest factor in breaking the slump?

5. Does your player have any pre-game rituals that they do before every game?

6. Would you rather win a Continental/Founder's Cup in your career or win a WJC/World Cup gold medal?

7. What's your favourite video game to play in your spare time?

8. Which came first the chicken or the egg?

9. Controversial Opinion: Cereal is soup once milk is added, thoughts?

Edited by Alex_J32

1. We've made another big trade bringing in Julia Waffles and Armani Calamari. What's your immediate reaction to this trade?

More DEF and a Philly veteran, whoot whoot!

2nd, MIS is slowly pulling away. 

3. What team do you think is the biggest threat for us in the first round of the playoffs?

MIS - Zet has a solid squad

4. The offense seems to be heating back up after a small slump, what do you think was the biggest factor in breaking the slump?

keep tinkering with the lines and turn the OFFENSE up to 6

Right equipment goes on first, then left of the same piece of equipment

6. Would you rather win a Continental/Founder's Cup in your career or win a WJC/World Cup gold medal?

BOTH!

Battlefield 1

Cheken

NO cold sugary cereal is the bomb, not soup.

DK#13.JPG

Edited by Darth Kaprizov

On 8/9/2021 at 7:55 AM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

Working hard and continuing to stay strong.

Getting my game together and less inconsistent. 

I'm thinking more towards the VHLE.

Not to give them opportunities and for me make those big saves.

I'm not sure but we will see as the season comes to an end.

Only thing I would say is defense but that's not an easy position to look for this season, other than that I don't think there's much we can do. Maybe replace me lol

Circles 

I don't watch the Olympics but I did see the USA win gold in basketball for female and male lol.

13 hours ago, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

Complete fire!! Also good to see a familiar face.

I'm not going to guess only because I'm superstitious lol

Any of them, the playoffs is a different environment anybody no matter where they stand can come out on top.

Sings put one skate infront of the other Everytime he gets on the ice.

I would be happy just winning something tbh.

Right now assassin's Creed Odyssey.

It doesn't matter I cooked them both.

Cereal is moist after milk 

On 8/15/2021 at 11:29 AM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

1.  I love that we've brought in some really good players to add to the team's depth and make it so that we have an opportunity to make a really deep playoff run.

2. Probably 2nd or 3rd. And the separation between the team who is right there with us will be like 1 point.

4. I think acquiring a lot of new pieces (myself included) to help make the team even deeper, and then finding where we had chemistry for each line. We have gotten to that point and I think we are able to break through now.

6. Easy, a cup in majors or even minors.

7. There's a bunch, I'll say overall Minecraft but currently I'm super into Valorant.

9. No. Just no. I could argue I just don't have the energy to.

On 8/15/2021 at 11:29 AM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

1. Farewell Matty, I loved you like a brother. I’m happy we could get a return of two players and two picks. Super happy to see an offensive defenseman as good as Julia Waffles. They’re no Ranogajec or anything but they’re still gonna be able to put up a ppg. And a center man as quick  and smart as Armani is hard to find.

2. Hoping wen end up top 3. We’re 2 right now I think, so we’re in a great spot.

3. Everyone offers a challenge but Mississauga is the clear team to beat if we want the cup. It’ll be hard to upset them but we can do anything!

4. Slumps are just that, slumps. They end eventually one way or another. Julia has definitely boosted our offensive output, a great scorer with great vision. I also think in general when the team plays bad they get motivated to bounce back and that’s what happened. 
5. Shotgun a Bud Light with the boys

6. Founders cup is where it’s at. I like to dream big, but Italy winning anything in hockey is a bit too big.

7. I’ve been playing way too much NBA 2k lately. 
8. I guess the egg? I mean the first chicken egg ever layer was by a distant relative of a chicken, right? So Evolution would mean the first ever chicken as we know it hatched from a not-quite-chicken egg, right? That’s my guess.

9. I hate it when people categorize food with strict rules. I guess, by definition, yeah, but who uses milk in soup? And Cheerios? You can call it soup but there’s no point to it.

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of August 29th, 2021

1. With playoffs only 12 games away we're in a close battle with Miami and Mexico for the third seed, what will seperate us from these two strong teams?

2. Are you happy with your regular season so far? 

3. Who's play on the team has impressed you the most this season?

4.  What team of Miami, Mexico, and Las Vegas do you want to play in the first round?

5. Mississauga has set themselves up as the clear favourites, do you think we have what it takes to beat them in a 7 game series?

6. What VHL team has impressed you the most this season?

7. What is your favourite pre-game meal?

8. Are Tacos a sandwich? if no,does that mean a hotdog is a taco?

9. Controversial opinion: McDonalds coffee is better than Tim Horton's coffee.

1. With playoffs only 12 games away we're in a close battle with Miami and Mexico for the third seed, what will seperate us from these two strong teams?

I think our locker room should bond us together during crunch time this season.

Team wise, yes, the 15game win streak was killer, Personally, kinda bummed i wasn't able to sustain an avg of 2pts per game to keep pace with Duncan Montana for the points lead.  Once the 15  game streak ended, my offense hasn't been as consistent.  Time to look in the mirror. 

For a Rookie, Red Menace has really stepped it up this year and has earned the right to play more games.  

4.  What team of Miami, Mexico, and Las Vegas do you want to play in the first round?

don't matter, we can play em both at the same time for all i care.  

5. Mississauga has set themselves up as the clear favourites, do you think we have what it takes to beat them in a 7 game series?

YES!  

HC DYNAMO of course!  For sure not Calgary, those hosers traded me for a bag of pucks.  

square cut pizza

tacos are a donut and donut is a hot dog or something like that....

who the the hell is tim horton?

520454520_DK13.JPG.2771b33b64672dd23bd43745e39cbee0.JPG

2 hours ago, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

1. With playoffs only 12 games away we're in a close battle with Miami and Mexico for the third seed, what will seperate us from these two strong teams? - are Chemistry we all have can pull us through these tough teams

2. Are you happy with your regular season so far? - not really happy with my regular season and trades bumped be down to the third line so my goal is to have good sims and find a spot on the second line.

- The Rookie goalie the red menace has been very impressing and surprised me and everyone else with his performances

- I would like to see us play Miami because we have played them for a lot of games and I know we can beat them like any other team

5. Mississauga has set themselves up as the clear favourites, do you think we have what it takes to beat them in a 7 game series?- most certainly in fact I think we can take them in 6 games, thats how much confidence I have for us 

9. Controversial opinion: McDonalds coffee is better than Tim Horton's coffee.- no way, timmies is the best coffee you can get no debate and no bias.

7 hours ago, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

1. With playoffs only 12 games away we're in a close battle with Miami and Mexico for the third seed, what will seperate us from these two strong teams?

1. I think finding the perfect chemistry and really tapping into our A game. All three are so close it's going to take a monumental effort for whatever team will go past the others, and we are going to be that team.

2. I'm extremely happy. I'm over a point per game, which is a huge improvement from last season for me.

5. Yes we do 100%. I saw the underdog win last season when I helped Houston to beat the top team in the league Halifax in 7 games. I know what it takes to win against a tough team and I think this team does as well.

7. I love a good pasta alfredo or two burgers. Something to carb up.

8. This question pains me. Because I know a hotdog is a sandwich, I'm forced to say a taco is a sandwich, so my brain is now imploding.

9. Never had either, and I've never had Tim Hortons ever (American lol), but I do know not to drink Dunkin Donuts hot cocoa, it takes like 20 minutes to cool down because of how scalding hot they serve it.

11 hours ago, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

Our ability to maintain consistency. If we are consistent for the final stretch of the season in all aspects, we can edge above thr two and take the third seed.

I guess, just retired and re-created, so sure. 

I'm not so sure of my teammates yet, so it will take time for me to answer that. I have to watch them play first. 

Miami, bring back that old rivalry! That or Mexico would be cool. 

Grilled garlic and lemon butter chicken with some whole grain pasta, with a side of fresh seasonal veggies. 

Never had both, so I cannot make an official take on this. I would have to disagree since McDonalds is, well, McDonalds.

On 8/23/2021 at 7:32 AM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

Keeping focus and working hard

Yes and no, I've set a career high in wins but I was aiming for a .900 save percentage.

The whole team

Vegas would be a good start to build some momentum in the playoffs.

It's hard to say, if we can get hot then I believe so.

I'm not sure I haven't really followed the vhl this season.

Anything that is light and isn't going to make me feel sluggish during the game.

I hate McDonald coffee so I have to quite disagree.

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of September 5th, 2021

1. Here we go! Round one of the playoffs! What team do you think wins each series (MIS vs. SDM, SSK vs. HFX, MIA vs. LVA, MEX vs. PHI)?

2. What player do you think will emerge as our MVP during the playoffs?

3. Mexico's success depends on their goalie Bastian Greiss, how can we beat them early and often?

4. How do you think your player faired in the regular season?

5. What is your player's favourite pre-game meal?

6. What was your favourite VHLM city to visit this season?

7. What VHL team are you cheering for in the playoffs?

8. What's your favourite TV series?

9. Marvel or DC?

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of September 5th, 2021

1. Here we go! Round one of the playoffs! What team do you think wins each series (MIS vs. SDM, SSK vs. HFX, MIA vs. LVA, MEX vs. PHI)?

My team predictions are:

• MIS over SDM
  • SSK over HFX
  • MIA over LDA
  • PHI over MEX

2. What player do you think will emerge as our MVP during the playoffs?

I think the MVP will be Gunnarwolfe Vomacka.

3. Mexico's success depends on their goalie Bastian Greiss, how can we beat them early and often?

Immediate pressure of the defense and physicality.

4. How do you think your player faired in the regular season?

N/A

5. What is your player's favourite pre-game meal?

Roast beef and mashed potatoes.

6. What was your favourite VHLM city to visit this season?

Halifax

7. What VHL team are you cheering for in the playoffs?

Chicago Phoenix.

8. What's your favourite TV series?

I would say Lucifer.

9. Marvel or DC?

Marvel all the way.