Philadelphia Reapers Press Conference

BladeMaiden

1 hour ago, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of September 5th, 2021
(You don't have to answer every single one, just answer 6 for 2 TPE)

1. Here we go! Round one of the playoffs! What team do you think wins each series (MIS vs. SDM, SSK vs. HFX, MIA vs. LVA, MEX vs. PHI)?

2. What player do you think will emerge as our MVP during the playoffs?

3. Mexico's success depends on their goalie Bastian Greiss, how can we beat them early and often?

4. How do you think your player faired in the regular season?

5. What is your player's favourite pre-game meal?

6. What was your favourite VHLM city to visit this season?

7. What VHL team are you cheering for in the playoffs?

8. What's your favourite TV series?

9. Marvel or DC?

2. Its gonna be Tobias Reinhart 100%. He had an average regular season but I think he's going to go crazy and become a wall.

4. I'm really happy about how I did in the regular season, I did more than twice as well as I did last season, and I was over a point per game.

6. I will have to say San Diego. I love the weather there and I have some favorite places in that city.

7. Riga, they drafted me so I'm kind of obligated haha.

8. Honestly I'm not sure. I like The Flash, Psych, Community.

9. Marvel.

1. Here we go! Round one of the playoffs! What team do you think wins each series (MIS vs. SDM, SSK vs. HFX, MIA vs. LVA, MEX vs. PHI)?

Well... im' a little late to the party on this.  Went golfing with some buddies for a long weekend and didn't check email or log into anything.  So I will go 

MIS, SSK, LVA & PHI  (i thought we were going to win but got swept.....yikes)

2. What player do you think will emerge as our MVP during the playoffs?

Tsarov

3. Mexico's success depends on their goalie Bastian Greiss, how can we beat them early and often?

turn everything to 5 on Offense

4. How do you think your player faired in the regular season?

about what i expected playing most of the season with 250 tpe.  i thought i'd finish in top 10 for scoring and i did...

5. What is your player's favourite pre-game meal?

fried chicken

6. What was your favourite VHLM city to visit this season?

Miami of course

7. What VHL team are you cheering for in the playoffs?

no more cheering for now.  bummed about the sweep. 

8. What's your favourite TV series?

don't have one right now.  is nfl football considered a series once the season starts?

9. Marvel or DC?

neither

145856535_DK14.JPG.e353dd62db0c621bddc542a41f9a1fa0.JPG520454520_DK13.JPG.2771b33b64672dd23bd43745e39cbee0.JPG

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of September 12th, 2021

1. The first round did not go the way we wanted as we got swept in the first round by Mexico, What do you think we should have done differently?

2. Who will win the Founder's Cup out of the 4 remaining teams?

3. With the recent announcement naming 6 new VHLM GMs, Which of the new GMs do you think will win a Founder's Cup first?

4. What league will you be playing in next season? 

5. Are you excited to be drafted in a couple of weeks? What round do you think you'll go in?

6. Would you rather win an individual award next season or a league championship?

7. Which NHL team has improved the most this off season?

8. Are you a dog or cat person?

9. If you could travel anywhere right now where would you go?

3 hours ago, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

1. The first round did not go the way we wanted as we got swept in the first round by Mexico, What do you think we should have done differently?

3. With the recent announcement naming 6 new VHLM GMs, Which of the new GMs do you think will win a Founder's Cup first?

5. Are you excited to be drafted in a couple of weeks? What round do you think you'll go in?

6. Would you rather win an individual award next season or a league championship?

3. It's gonna be that new GM of the Reapers. There's just something that says they are gonna win this upcoming season.

4. VHLE

6. Championship easy.

7. Boston Bruins 100%

8. I've got two kittens so cat.

9. An amusement park or something.

5 hours ago, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

Switched things up more, be more experimental until you find the right combination. It's important to try new things if other options go wrong.

It's a toss up for me, but I have Mississauga edging a bit ahead of the crowd.

I will be 100% playing in the VHLM next season. 

Of course I am. I think I could become a first-early second round pick. 

A league championship of course. It's all about team success over individual success in my book. 

To be honest, I'm going to say the Flyers. Lots of key acquisitions over the off-season, including much more defensive options available. 

turn all the settings to 5 for offense and to 5 for defense on the pk, because why not.  

Still think it's MIS to lose.  having a hard time fathoming Miami, a team we trounced at the beginning of the season, is now 1 game away from the finals.  

hard to say, depends who has draft picks and who has the most coming back as rostered players for S80

VHLE 

first, hopefully top 10

BOTH

Dallas, Carolina, Detroit and unfortunately, Chicago

Dog

Savanah GA, such a cool little town with great restaurants. 

300812370_DK15.thumb.JPG.8d924ff8177a0c7719aa3e135a9014ef.JPG

On 9/6/2021 at 12:03 PM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

1. Honestly that is hard to say. Maybe we could have done more testing but it's tough to figure out 

4. The VHLE most likely because I'm not slowing down my earning

5. I'm extremely excited! I think I can be a late first round or early second talent 

6. I'd rather win a title every time because it makes the whole team happy

8. I love dogs a lot more but I do not hate cats 

9. Ireland or Japan. If i have to stay in the US then Nashville 

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of September 19th, 2021

1. With the off-season beginning, who was our team MVP this past season?

2. With a majority of the team moving on to the VHLE, is there anything you would like to say to the players leaving, or if you are leaving is there anything you would like to say to the players who are staying with the Reapers?

3. The draft is coming up this week, although we do not have many picks is there anyone who you would like us to draft?

4. What did you think of Miami and Malmo winning the Founder's and Continental cups respectively?

5. What's one thing you're focusing on this off-season?

6. In a way to early prediction what team do you think will be the S80 VHLM, VHLE, and VHL Champion?

7. Ottawa has the first overall pick in the upcoming VHLM draft, who do you think they take.

8. Controversial Opinion: Vanilla milkshakes are better than chocolate.

9. If you could play for any team in the VHLE what team would it be?

1 hour ago, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of September 19th, 2021

2. With a majority of the team moving on to the VHLE, is there anything you would like to say to the players leaving, or if you are leaving is there anything you would like to say to the players who are staying with the Reapers?

3. The draft is coming up this week, although we do not have many picks is there anyone who you would like us to draft?

4. What did you think of Miami and Malmo winning the Founder's and Continental cups respectively?

6. In a way to early prediction what team do you think will be the S80 VHLM, VHLE, and VHL Champion?

7. Ottawa has the first overall pick in the upcoming VHLM draft, who do you think they take.

2. Have fun in the M, you are only going up from here!

5. Growing as a player and getting ready for the E.

6. I'll say I have no clue for the E, in the VHL I'll say Riga, and in the M I'll say whichever team gets hit the least hard by players moving to the E.

7. I have no clue, probably just whoever is highest rated.

8. Yeah I'll have to disagree with you here. Chocolate is the best.

9. The Berlin Steel to join Kaleeb in the VHLE. That would be fun.

Tsarov or Bates

Best of luck to everyone, it was a fun ride in Philly, once a Reaper, always a Reaper

Gretzky

I'm surprised Miami won, MIS was so loaded IMO.  

12 oz Curls

VHLM - Minnesota

VHLE - Cologne

VHL - HC Davos

The best player available

FALSE!

The team which offers the best contract...ha

1952498850_DK6.thumb.JPG.15d7179ad6b44f5adad12f6807043d36.JPG

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of September 29th, 2021

1. After the VHLM Draft, where do you see the Reapers landing in the standings? Do we make the playoffs or not?

2. Who is the biggest steal of the draft in your opinion?

3. How do you think Reapers management did for this season's draft? Be honest.

4. Tell me your favorite vacation spot. Why does that place appeal to you?

5. Le me know about your favorite kind of food and why. 

6. Are you a dogs or cats person? Why.

7.  Who do you think our biggest rivalry is in the league? Why that team?

8. Movies or TV shows? Why that kind of media? I like more movies than TV shows. 

1:I believe we will be a playoff contending team. 

2:Mason Jones (Me) I was drafted 45th and I wish to prove myself as a steal.

3:Looking over the drafted players I believe we did really well in the draft.

4:I am a Canadian with a few friends in Texas. So I wouldn't mind visiting there.

5:Pizza. You get a lot and it has a ton of variety.

6:Dogs. All the cats I've had or my friend had were mean and didn't like to cuddle.

7:Personally my friend is on Saskatoon so I'm going to say them. We're both going to try our hardest when the other is on the ice so I feel it's spark more energy in both locker rooms when we play one another.

8:I prefer T.V. Shows. You have a longer time to get invested in the characters anx the story and relationships are often better developed.

After the VHLM Draft, where do you see the Reapers landing in the standings? Do we make the playoffs or not?

3. How do you think Reapers management did for this season's draft? Be honest.

8. Movies or TV shows? Why that kind of media? I like more movies than TV shows. 

1. After our draft, and looking over the results it’s seems we must have traded a few picks away, which leads me to believe we’re a contender. I hope we push through this season and end up 2-3 in the division.

2. Biggest steal of the draft? I mean it’s too soon to say as of right now, we haven’t played a season yet so on that front we’re all kind of even. I’m hoping this team has one of the steals though. 
3. Based on the number of picks we had I think we picked the best we could. Likely it will take some time to develop someone of us but I’m sure we have future stars in the making. 
4.I’m from Canada and Southern Ontario, so I tend to stay there, we have nice beaches and so it’s quite relaxing being so close to home and also having a vacation destination like atmosphere.

5.I’m big on sushi, it’s a nice clean food and you can never have too much of it.

6.I actually don’t have a pet nor do l want one, I find it’s a commitment and you have to be prepared to put in that time, if you’re not around enough it’s not fair to the pet so. Yeah.

7. I haven’t had a look at our division so I’m not sure. Being so new to the league you don’t really know a rival until you’re told. 
8.big on tv docu series. Right now my go to is drive to survive, I’m a big formula 1 fan.

1. After the VHLM Draft, where do you see the Reapers landing in the standings? Do we make the playoffs or not?

Defintely! It's a mistake to take us lightly.

Mason Jones! This is not first time when we are teammates so im surprised he did not get picked sooner. Absolute steal.

Cabin in Finland. Wit a lake and a sauna. Maybe few beers. Finnish summer is the best. This year it was on a saturday.

Junk kind. Im too lazy too eat healthy. That is something i need to improve.

Both. But i have two cat (Maine Coons).

It depends on my mood! Sometimes it's nice to watch many episdodes from the spot. So my asnwer is TV shows.

18 hours ago, Bobo said:

Actually, it's a little hard to tell. Being from Guatemala, I am more familiar with the aggression and pace of field hockey. Ice hockey is certainly a new jump for me so I don't think that I have enough experience to speak to how well they did in the draft. I can only hope that my decision to join the Reapers, will not be one that goes well-rewarded. Gracias por tu pregunta.

18 hours ago, Bobo said:

I have not left Guatemala before receiving the call from the Reapers. I must say that it was surreal to be offered to play for so many new places that I have never been before. Philadelphia is a fun and exciting city. They have a big broken bell which is very cool, I suppose. The food has been most impressive though.

18 hours ago, Bobo said:

The steaks of cheese that they sell in all sorts of places here in Philadelphia is muy riquisima. I have never had quite a sandwich like the steaks of cheese that they sell here. At home though, you can't go wrong with Tacos al Pastor con congri.

18 hours ago, Bobo said:

In Guatemala, dogs roam the streets as if they are their own people. We call them chuchos. Basically they just live among us. Cats are jerks.

18 hours ago, Bobo said:

I feel that I am not qualified enough to answer that question. Though I suppose whichever team is closest to us in proximity would be our rival.

18 hours ago, Bobo said:

I definitely prefer movies. Nothing beats a trip to the local cinema to see what you crazy Americans have thought up in the past 5 years. I also love popcorn, so any excuse to go see a movie in theater is my bread and butter.

Edited by Vice

On 9/19/2021 at 4:49 PM, Bobo said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of September 29th, 2021

1. After watching the Reapers go 2-6-1 in their first 9 games it makes it hard to think we will end up in the top of our conference but I have faith and it's only the beginning of the season with plenty of games to play. We have a chance to make the playoffs.

4. My favourite vacation spot is anywhere in Europe. Its so beautiful and amazing every time I go no matter what the country or city. 

5. Favourite food is definitely tacos. It might be the combo of meat and classic veggies or something else but they taste soooooo good. 

6. Dog hands down. I'm allergic to cats lol.

7. I haven't been here long enough to know who our rival is but my best guess would be Halifax. They are fairly close to Philly and mid tier in the standings right now.

8. Movies. I find they are more thought out and get the point across. TV shows are just to pass the time and get a little entertainment out of it.

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of October 3rd, 2021

1. S80 is off and going! To start off the season we signed a pair of players off of waiver in @Vice and @spicy_gecko, How do you feel they are fitting in? Is there anything you would like to say to them to formally welcome them to the team?

2. Around the same time as the signings Ron Gorgonzola was traded to Houston, what is your opinion on the trade?

3. Our final roster move of the first week was signing former Reaper @Zakary Delisle. What is your opinion on the signing?

4. Obviously the season is not off to the start we would have imagined, what do you think would be a good first step towards turning the season around?

5. Who is your way to early Founder's cup champion?

6. We've named our captains for this season! What are you thoughts on the captains named?

7. NHL - Where does Seattle finish in the standings?

8. Controversial opinion: cupcakes are better than cake.

9. What's your favourite video game? 

Edited by Alex_J32

7 minutes ago, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

2. Around the same time as the signings Ron Gorgonzola was traded to Houston, what is your opinion on the trade?

Well i didn't interact with him so much and did not have much of chance well cause he got traded, but i wish him all the best in Houston!

3. Our final roster move of the first week was signing former Reaper @Zakary Delisle. What is your opinion on the signing?

I like what i see! In the last game he was our most active player with huge energy and that's why i gave him the key. Im sure that great things are coming!

4. Obviously the season is not off to the start we would have imagined, what do you think would be a good first step towards turning the season around?

We have good energy on the locker room and we need to keep that up for starters. We keep getting better chemistry and from that better results.

6. We've named our captains for this season! What are you thoughts on the captains named?

Well i have an A on my jersey so i can't complain. I think our captaincy trio is solid and the right ones for the job.

They are going to playoffs on my books for sure!

Well..no.

At the moment Rainbow Six Siege and Ghost of Tsushima.

1:I like Vice so far. He's active and a good player I can see him helping a lot. I haven't got a lot of opportunities to chat with Spicy yet.

2:I didn't get to chat with Ron when I joined the team. I believe he was in the captain voting but I'm not sure how many votes he got. It's a shame that we didn't get to talk, but I'm sure he's gonna be good for Houston.

3:Zakary has been good for the team. Once again I haven't had much opportunities to talk with him but his stats are good.

4:I believe we'll turn this season around. I'm going to be putting some effort into my defensive stats as a personal goal. Not that our defensemen aren't great, we're just putting a lot of pressure on them.

6:I was honored to be named Co-Captain in my first season. I also like the other captains so far and I'm happy.

9:Currently I've been putting a lot of time into State of Decay 2 and I gotta say it's my favorite game at the moment. Siege would've been up there but too many cheaters at the moment.

57 minutes ago, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

1. S80 is off and going! To start off the season we signed a pair of players off of waiver in @Vice and @spicy_gecko, How do you feel they are fitting in? Is there anything you would like to say to them to formally welcome them to the team?

2. I don't mind the trade on paper. Gorgonzola will only be in the VHLM for potentially another season or two. I didn't have the chance to meet him but his stats were pretty good. Considering he is a welfare player and we basically got a first a fith for him and a fourth is a good trade for Philly.

3. I haven't had the pleasure of talking to Zakary yet but I think he has the potential to be an important piece for this team's success. 

4. A good first step would be to find a goalie and for George Sanderson to stop letting the other team score on us. We need some wins pretty soon here or our season is going to be looking pretty gloomy.

7. The Kraken are getting into the playoffs. Oilers are gonna poop the bed as usual and I love their name, jerseys and logo.

8. Cake is better then cupcakes, period. Especially black forest cake and any kind of lemon cake. Mmmmm.

9. Favourite video game right now would have to be a throwback to Firefighter Command: Raging Inferno. I just restarted the campaign and am having a blast. 

I play a lot of time on ice. So when I see next lines come out, all I can say is that they play like robots. Goalie just sit there and let pucks go by like hes a robot. I try to stop the puck with body, with head if need to, but goalie just watch.

Yukon and Ottawa very scary. They hit puck a lot, with goalies being robots, they make easy. Other team can come back if find normal goalie. No offense to current robot goalie.

I like the captains! They teach me how to play Hockey, and I still am not sure about the in and out of the game. All 3 captain spend lot of time with me. One of them could shower more. Won't say who.

Mother once said, "if a man tries to repeat his accidental success, he will intentionally fail..." Looking at you Bettman.

Are cupcakes not just small cakes?

Growing up, we did not have the money to afford video games. When I was 10 years old, we went to the library and checked out an NES. We played Home Alone on the NES for weeks!

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

PRESS CONFERENCE: Week of October 10th, 2021

1. In the last week we've added several players from waivers, what impact do you expect them to have this season?

2. Currently we sit in 9th place in the league and are trending in the right direction, are you happy with the team's performance?

3. We're officially 1/4 of the way through the season, what player on the roster has impressed you the most?

4. What team do you think is our biggest rival and why?

5. What team has been the biggest surprise to you this season?

6. How has your player been performing so far?

7. What song should be our goal song?

8. Is water wet?

9. What is one thing the VHLM or myslef could improve upon?

4 hours ago, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

1. In the last week we've added several players from waivers, what impact do you expect them to have this season?

2. Currently we sit in 9th place in the league and are trending in the right direction, are you happy with the team's performance?

3. We're officially 1/4 of the way through the season, what player on the roster has impressed you the most?

8. Is water wet?

1:I think the newer players will take a couple weeks before finding their footing, but I believe they will have a big impact as the season progresses and help in the playoffs.

2:I believe we are heading in the right direction. We've found a way to increase our shot totals and last game was just a matter of puck luck as we lost by one goal.

3:C.Ixazaluoh

4:Miami. They are currently the team keeping us out of a playoff spot.

6:I have been preforming at a point per game pace. It was a slow start to the season but I'm starting to put up the points I expected.

7:Beware of Darkness-Muthaf**ka

Edited by Masu Chan

On 10/4/2021 at 9:35 PM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

8. Is water wet?

2. We are slowly but surely racking up the points and shots needed to win games. The roster is filling out nicely and I think we will have a good battle for a playoff spot. 

3. Definitely C. Ixazaluoh, he has been on a rampage with points and I don't think he's going to stop.

6. I would like to see Sanderson getting a higher plus minus and chip away at the -19 he currently has. He also needs to take away more passing lanes and prevent shot chances. 

7.  Spooky, Scary Skeletons or Monster Mash

8. No

9. It almost seems like everyone wants to get to the offseason and not many people are living in the present. Idk how to improve it, maybe a different presentation of the games instead of a 5 min sim, done, on to the next day. Autopilot engaged. 

On 10/4/2021 at 11:35 PM, Alex_J32 said:

vbp1t2hvrko61.png

8. Is water wet?

1. I make it big. Baby!

2. I am very happy with the performance we all been putting in.

3. George sanders

4. Biggest rival is Halifax, we tied with them so we just got to get one step ahead.

6. Insanely good.

7. Bad romance.

8. Water ain't wet, but I am, when in a  Swimming pool obliviously