Philadelphia Reapers Press Conference

BladeMaiden

1-Do you have a lucky clothing item you wear for games? Do you even wash it?
From a management perspective, it would be my lucky belt. I shine the buckle frequently with the salty tears of the opposition.

2-You discover a beautiful island upon which you may build your own society. You make the rules. What is the first rule you put into place?
A helfty punishment for anyone that performs a duck face. Millenials and gen-X... PLEASE STOP!

3-You have been given the opportunity to create the half-hour TV show of your own design. What is it called and what’s the premise?
Co-star in a series with Blade teaching new recruits how to earn and redeem their TPE.

4-A Grim Reaper has descended upon you. Fortunately, the Personification of Death is pretty cool and in a good mood, and it offers you a half-hour to do whatever you want before you bite it. What are you gonna do in that half-hour?
Watch a 28 minute documentary on "How to a kill a Gim Reaper in under 2 minutes". Then execute the plan to perfection.

5-You can flip a switch that will wipe any band or musical artist off the earth? Who is getting erased?
First off, thank you for this power, and bye bye 'Lil Pump'

6-Who would you really like to just punch in the face? ( @Abaddon this is for you my PIM Machine)
See #5. Brass knuckles and all.

7-You accidentally ate some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What’s it gonna be?
My hand is able to turn into brass on command. This would serve well for #6 in support of #5.

Edited by Jubo07

2- The VHL Draft is just around the corner where are you hoping to go?
From a management perspective I am excited to be part of the Reapers organization. We are going to build a highly competitive team this season while at the same time bringing in new recruits and engaging them into the world of VHLsim for the long-haul.

4- You are Hungry after a Game where are you going? What did you Order?
Pita Pit. One chipotle steak Pita please. Yum.

5- All the tape is gone from your hockey bag and it has been replaced by neon pink, green and Orange tape (your Fav GM just played a trick on you ;) )do you use it or go without? What would do to retaliate?
All 3 cause why not. Embrace the neon.

1-Do you have a lucky clothing item you wear for games? Do you every wash it?

Brandon is very not superstitious. He doesn't think dirty socks will improve his performance. He always washes his uniform.

2-You discover a beautiful island upon which you may build your own society. You make the rules. What is the first rule you put into place?

Look, here's the 10 Commandments. Try and follow them.

3-You have been given the opportunity to create the half-hour TV show of your own design. What is it called and what’s the premise?

It would be a series of 3 on 3 basketball tournaments around th3 country. Similar to AGT but not quite.

4-A Grim Reaper has descended upon you. Fortunately, the Personification of Death is pretty cool and in a good mood, and it offers you a half-hour to do whatever you want before you bite it. What are you gonna do in that half-hour?

I'm not really sure. Id probably sit there and prepare for death. 

5-You can flip a switch that will wipe any band or musical artist off the earth? Who is getting erased?

Cardi B. 

6-Who would you really like to just punch in the face? ( @Abaddon this is for you my PIM Machine)

Brandon Leblanc's brother Ontario is so good at hockey. Brandon sometimes gets frustrated and wants to beat him up. He makes Brandon look silly on defense. 

7-You accidentally ate some radioactive vegetables. They were good, and what’s even cooler is that they endow you with the super-power of your choice! What’s it gonna be?

phila1.png

Hello Reaper Nation! Here are 12 new questions hot off the presses! It is gonna be a random mix this week! a reminder that answering 3 is worth 1 tpe and answering 6 is worth 2 !

1-If you got stuck in the elevator and was forced to listen to only one song, which would it be?

2-What was your worst job?

3-What is the best advice anyone has ever given you?

4-If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

5-How do you treat people who annoy you for no reason?

6-What does your name mean?

7-If you could jump into a pool full of something, what would it be?

8-How do you relax after a hard day of work?

9-What’s your favorite Disney movie?

10-If you could keep any animal as a pet, what would you choose?

11-Where do you think you are going in the draft (round and team)

12-Who do you hope comes to your new team with you?

TEAM LIST:

@Adama Traore, @OneBuffalo1230, @Abaddon, @Sunburst, @ItsMcLovin, @11 Eleven, @Jacob Kundrat, @zepheter, @TriaL Exotic, @Bandit, @Sixersfan549, @Brolaski, @Jonessee27 @cpetrella @Psanchez55, @deadshot @Jayhawk @Rykonen

Edited by BladeMaiden

1-If you got stuck in the elevator and was forced to listen to only one song, which would it be?

Nights - Frank Ocean or Let It Happen - Tame Impala. Both long songs with change ups, so its technically cheating.

Waiter at a restaurant.

Don't shit where you sleep.

Somewhere in Europe. The idea of taking your car and going for a drive and ending up in another country sounds incredible.

Avoidance is a man's best friend in this respect.

Eleven is just my lucky number, pretty simple really.

Bohemian Rhapsody....Nothing more to say

Shipping ad Recieving for a womans clothing company

look both ways before you cross the street

Italy, Love visiting family there, love the way of life.

Left hook, no more annoyance for me.

Which, real? fake? either way, i'm not telling.

Preferably just some silence so I don't go crazy.

I've only had one job, so valeting is both my worst and best job.

Don't die.

Minnesota.

I try to ignore them.

After I looked it up, I found out my name means "son of the sea," which makes no sense because I dislike most activities that involve beaches or bodies of water.

On 4/21/2019 at 9:27 PM, BladeMaiden said:

1. Big Ships - E-Dubble

3. Nobody knows you like you know you.

4. Stockholm, Sweden or Toronto, Ontario

5. Typically I just flame them back till they stop or we end up laughing it off

6. McLovin was a nickname I was given in my freshman year of high school by my JV hockey team.

11. I believe I'm projected to go in the third round, but hopefully I'm going back to Philly. 

On 4/21/2019 at 10:27 PM, BladeMaiden said:

I'm not sure. Common sense says its probably going to be some sort of elevator music.

Where else but Texas

I try to ignore them.

My name means substitute. But don't get any ideas about benching me. 

Water. Most anything else would be a mess. 

8-How do you relax after a hard day of work? SIM leagues.

I was mocked in the 4th round. I think I am better than that. Idk

- Mo Bamba cuz I GOT HOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEES

- I worked in the adult daycare at a senior center. Seeing people with Alzheimer's and dementia every day made me very depressed.

- Do the best I can even if I'm not the best one out there.

- Switzerland. That place seems so beautiful and I really want to ski in the Alps

- I just ignore them. I don't have to deal with them.

It means WALTER and i like fire trucks and moster trucks

Money, and hopefully it's a giant pool.

Jump on the couch and watch something with the Mrs

Does Endgame count now?

A Penguin for sure

11-Where do you think you are going in the draft (round and team)?

I think Pick #18, I have a feeling about it.

Success and improving as a player is anybody's dream

image.png

Hello Reapers!  We have a new roster so to celebrate that we are draft themed this week(with a bit of brand tournament thrown in) ! Here are 12 new questions hot off the presses! It is gonna be a random mix this week! a reminder that answering 3 is worth 1 tpe and answering 6 is worth 2 !

1-Did the draft go as you expected it to?

2-Most exciting part of the draft for you personally?

3-Who do you think will be our greatest competition?

4-Team that you think will struggle to win games and why.

5-Were you surprised with Philly's picks?

6-Who would you have chosen 1st OA?

7-Have you head of the Brand tournament before today?

8-Since VHLer and VHLMers play together in the brand tournament, what VHLer do you want to play with?

9-What is your 1st choice band team that you would play for?

10- Best logo in the VHLM (no you don't have to say it is ours, I won't be offended) and why

11-What is the most interesting piece of trivia you know? (feels free to google me a fun fact if you don't have one off hand)

12- What would you NOT do for 5 million dollars?

1-Did the draft go as you expected it to?

Yes, even better. I wasn’t expecting to go til the later rounds. I am happy to apart of Philly

Getting drafted 26th overall. Such a good feeling when others have confidence in you and your abilities. 

3-Were you surprised with Philly's picks?

Not at all, I think they did a great job building a team around this draft. I look forward to a great season

4-Have you head of the Brand tournament before today?

I have never heard of it before. It definitely looks interesting. I hope I can be apart of this tournament one day. 

5-Best logo in the VHLM (no you don't have to say it is ours, I won't be offended) and why?

Philadelphia Reapers.. I mean who doesn’t love this logo, everyone will be afraid of us.  

6- What would you NOT do for 5 million dollars?

Nothing. I’ll do anything to never have to work again :)

Better than I could have asked. We landed a beyond solid group. Hard to find a weakness as we filled all of our needs.

Having 4 fourth round picks closely tied together. We were able to fill in our roster with some very talented pieces.

Such a deep draft, safe to say we were spoiled.

One of Saskatoon/Ottawa. But with how deep the draft was, this season will become quite close knit among several teams if drafted players pan out. Cant forget about waivers.

Josh is great but Yukon just didn't have any picks. They could land some great waiver players as they can offer high minutes.

I am surprised we were able to get who we got within the first 4 rounds altogether. There were a couple names we unfortunately missed on but the consolation picks in their place are incredible thus far.

John Frostbeard 100 times out of 100.

Water. 

Watch television and sleep.

I liked the Chronicles of Narnia. 

A dog. Not high maintenance, but not low maintenance.

Just gonna wait until I'm picked.

Anybody that wants to play with me. I have no preference.

Was surprised that four center’s went before me. I think that was a mistake by the teams picking ahead of Philly that took them. But overall can’t complain too much about going 19th. 

It was the first draft I was apart of. Having multiple teams message to gauge your interest ahead of draft day and then waiting to find out where you’ll be playing and who really wants you is all very exciting.

There are a couple obvious choices, but one team to not sleep on is Mississauga. @GustavMattias and @Radcow know what they’re doing. So sooner rather than later I expect Mississauga to be a force in this league.

Unless they kick it into serious gear, Yukon. They had no picks, which is unfortunate for them. But I’m sure they’ll build something good in the long run.

I’m surprised Philly was able to get some of the players they did, including me, but not surprised we did so well with all the picks we had.

Me. I don’t really know anyone else that well  on the team yet, so I’ll say me. But they got me later on.. that’s a steal ;) 

9 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

1. I was definitely surprised by it, by the selections other teams made to my very own, it was all very interesting to say the least.

2. Being picked at 37th when I wasn't projected to go in the top 50 earlier in the mocks was probably the most exciting part of my draft day.

3. Saskatoon made some really nice picks in the draft and feel as the Reapers grow and become better, they will follow a similar path making rivalries and entertaining games moving forward.

4. Following the topic of the draft, I felt Yukon had a rather disappointing draft and feel they might struggle without more help through free agency or trades.

5. Like I said earlier, moving up to 37th from a late 60th-70th overall projection definitely surprised me. I wasn't surprised that we drafted well though, we have good management to thank for that.

6. With the amount of skill in the top 5, any of the players would've been a good pick, but personally I feel with John Frostbeard's performance last season, he definitely deserved his selection at first. 

1-Did the draft go as you expected it to?

I was not expecting anything as only two teams reached out to me. I didn’t know where other players were in terms of their development so I’m just glad I went where I did.

When I returned home and got the message I was drafted by Philadelphia. Good sports city 

Houston had a good first year and the league and will look to take that next step. Ottawa has a pretty good draft and could make some noise as well

Minnesota after a good year will likely take a step back this season

I don’t know much about the other draftees in the draft but Philadelphia seemed to have a quality draft picking up some superstars and depth pieces.  

i would have went either Funk or Scoringsonn if I had to pick someone in this past draft.

9 hours ago, Jables said:

Me. I don’t really know anyone else that well  on the team yet, so I’ll say me. But they got me later on.. that’s a steal ;) 

You were a steal, as was most our team. We are super happy to have you here, know you are gonna tear it up ;)

16 hours ago, Gabella19 said:

5-Best logo in the VHLM (no you don't have to say it is ours, I won't be offended) and why?

Philadelphia Reapers.. I mean who doesn’t love this logo, everyone will be afraid of us.  

6- What would you NOT do for 5 million dollars?

Nothing. I’ll do anything to never have to work again :)

Hey Gabella!

LOL I am glad you like our logo,  half the fun of being a reaper in embracing that dark dark persona. 

I feel you on your answer  to #6  I think we all would make  that call tbh.

16 hours ago, Jubo07 said:

Having 4 fourth round picks closely tied together. We were able to fill in our roster with some very talented pieces.

Such a deep draft, safe to say we were spoiled.

Hi Jubo :)

I agree 100 % the back to back picks were amazing to have just snagging 2 great guys at a time had me on cloud 9!

5 hours ago, Smarch said:

1-Did the draft go as you expected it to?

I was not expecting anything as only two teams reached out to me. I didn’t know where other players were in terms of their development so I’m just glad I went where I did.

When I returned home and got the message I was drafted by Philadelphia. Good sports city

Hey Smarch!

I am really Glad to hear that it was good feelings when you heard you were coming to Philly. Honestly,  I saw your user name and knew you were an experienced member so that made me want to being you into Philly. Last Season Philly was lucky enough to have some veteran guys and I know we were a better team because of them.

yes!! We picked up so many great players and I am excited for the season!

meeting all my new teammates and seeing who i should let in my mansion ?

3-Who do you think will be our greatest competition?

nobody, nobody can compete with the reaps

all other teams especially when they have to go up against us

5-Were you surprised with Philly's picks?

no, i trust the process!! we have great gm’s

i think the right choice was made by choosing frosty and bringing him back, i wouldnt have chosen anyone different 

1. Did the draft go as you expectd it to?

Not quite, I was totally sure I'd go 1OA lol ;)

2. Most exciting part of the draft for you personally?

Uhhhhhhhhhhh when I found out I was coming back to Philly, obviously

3. Who do you think will be our greatest competition?

I haven't looked over the rosters but I guess I'd guess Minnesota or Halifax

4. Who would you have chosen 1st OA?

An Icelandic goaltender by the name of Kolur Bjoernsson

5. Have you heard of the Brand tournament before today?

I've heard of it but I don't really know what it is

6. What is the most interesting piece of trivia you know?

A bird called the Bassian Thrush finds food by farting, known to aim their gas excretions at leaf-litter to provoke worms to move around.

Edited by jblock3

I trusted in our GM and Assistant GM and they delivered. Only thing I knew about the draft was that we'd kill it.

Being drafted with a lot of forwards who will push me in practice.

Houston had a strong draft and I think they'll come out and pack a punch on the ice.

Yukon looks to be going through a similar rebuilding phase.

Nope! I knew everyone drafted would be good players and good lockerroom presences

Frostbeard forever!

phila1.png

Hello Reaper Nation! Here are 10 new questions hot off the presses! It is gonna be a random mix this week! a reminder that answering 3 is worth 1 tpe and answering 6 is worth 2 !

1-The VHL Draft has happened, were you surprised to see players go to certain teams?

2- We also voted for team captain, what do you think of the way the vote was blind? Wouls you change that for next season?

3-Reapers are picking a Mascot this season, How would you narrow down the choices?

4-Who is your new locker room buddy, who are you saving the locker next to you for?

5- Why did you pick your jersey number?

6- Do you wish we had a monochromatic color scheme like some of the other teams do?

7-Worst topping to put on a pizza?

8- how would you describe your players persona?

9-Team you want to beat the most this season and why?

10- If Walter is driving our team bus, then what are you doing on the bus (make me laugh)?

GMs

@BladeMaiden @Jubo07

TEAM LIST:

@Jables@cpetrella@uphillmoss@FrostBeard@11 Eleven@Gabella19@Mclovin@zepheter@Patpou22@Smarch@Psanchez55@Tophdaddy@Hybrid1486@jblock3@Sunburst

1-The VHL Draft has happened, were you surprised to see players go to certain teams?

I truly think that draft was logical except that my buddy Hans Gruber didn't get drafted in first 2 rounds. It was just weird that so many teams passed on one of the best two-way forward prospects in VHL.

3-Reapers are picking a Mascot this season, How would you narrow down the choices?

I would probably narrow the list down by keeping the ones that seem to be more appropriate for VHLM team and then just do an open ballot vote and see what happens. It should be pretty amazing to see what the team chooses!

4-Who is your new locker room buddy, who are you saving the locker next to you for?

I and Edward go long way back - one of the funniest French guys I know. He can get a bit weird though, he collects hair from other lockers and mumbles to himself: "C'est nécessaire pour mes expériences!"

7-Worst topping to put on a pizza?

There is nothing worse in this world than a beautiful and lovely pizza destroyed with a dose of olives on top.

9-Team you want to beat the most this season and why?

I truly believe that the goal should be to beat every team. We are capable of doing that as our squad is well balanced and able to score on anyone.

10- If Walter is driving our team bus, then what are you doing on the bus (make me laugh)?

I will be laughing in the front seat as I know that the bus won't even start with Walter near the steering wheel. The only way how to make the bus go with Walter as a driver would be by pushing it down the hill.