Philadelphia Reapers Press Conference

BladeMaiden

3 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

1-The VHL Draft has happened, were you surprised to see players go to certain teams?

2- We also voted for team captain, what do you think of the way the vote was blind? Wouls you change that for next season?

3-Reapers are picking a Mascot this season, How would you narrow down the choices?

4-Who is your new locker room buddy, who are you saving the locker next to you for?

5- Why did you pick your jersey number? Someone remind me what my number is again. If it's 3, it's probably because Chris Paul. A pass first basketball player and pass first hockey player .. if it's 4, which it probably is, I can't remember why. 

6- Do you wish we had a monochromatic color scheme like some of the other teams do? 

7-Worst topping to put on a pizza? Cheese is. Brandon likes living

8- how would you describe your players persona? Brandon is quiet. However, his successful NSHL season has really increased his confidence.

9-Team you want to beat the most this season and why? does all of them count? I'm trying to go undefeated...

10- If Walter is driving our team bus, then what are you doing on the bus (make me laugh)?

5 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

phila1.png

Hello Reaper Nation! Here are 10 new questions hot off the presses! It is gonna be a random mix this week! a reminder that answering 3 is worth 1 tpe and answering 6 is worth 2 !

1-The VHL Draft has happened, were you surprised to see players go to certain teams?

2- We also voted for team captain, what do you think of the way the vote was blind? Wouls you change that for next season?

3-Reapers are picking a Mascot this season, How would you narrow down the choices?

4-Who is your new locker room buddy, who are you saving the locker next to you for?

5- Why did you pick your jersey number?

6- Do you wish we had a monochromatic color scheme like some of the other teams do?

7-Worst topping to put on a pizza?

8- how would you describe your players persona?

9-Team you want to beat the most this season and why?

10- If Walter is driving our team bus, then what are you doing on the bus (make me laugh)?

Got to say that I am really happy to be part of Moscow's organization. To say I was surprised, no not really, we had high expectation my VHLM teammates and me, and we were delighted to see that everyone was being drafted.

I liked the blind vote a lot, gave a voice to the newer player. I might change the vote to 3 vote per person just so they can choose their captain and their 2 assistants.

I would just narrow the suggestion to what represent this team the most. As simple as that.

@FrostBeard is obviously my LR bud, he's such a nice guy, even tho he might tell you that I am a little bit weird picking hairs, but what he doesn't tell you is that he helps me doing it quite a few times a year, I mean, that's how nice he is to other people!

Birth date, no real signification apart from that.

Let's say that people that like Hawain pizza need to go to jail.

The one pick that surprised me the most was myself. I was not expecting to get drafted so it was awesome to know that someone believes in me and my potential growth.

The mascot would 100% have to be the grim reaper.. It is only fitting and we will have a great season.

Stevie Y. Nothing else.

Anchovies, also Pineapple belongs on pizza.

Great two way forward that can score and play great defense

karaoke, only way to get myself through a long bus ride. I love to sing in my free time.

I was a bit surprised to see myself go so soon in the draft. There were a lot of players rated higher than me that dropped. I'm just glad I'm on a team and I can't wait to play. 

2- We also voted for team captain, what do you think of the way the vote was blind? Would you change that for next season?

I wouldn't change a thing. The best way to select a captain is by getting the opinion of the players. 

3-Reapers are picking a Mascot this season, how would you narrow down the choices? 

Similar to a multiple choice question, just eliminate the worst or least practical choices.

I'd really like to put my locker next to Hafkey. He entered the league at the same time as me, and was drafted at the same time as me. It's been a pleasure competing with him thus far, and I'm happy for him that he will be on the second line this season. 

My favorite number is 5, and the number of this question is 5, that is why I chose 5 to be my jersey number.

Saskatoon is looking like our toughest competition so far. We really need to make a statement in our first game against them this season. We're going to try our hardest not to pull a Tampa Bay Lightning, and keep our intensity in check throughout the entire season.

Edited by zepheter

Once again I find myself surprised with the talent that fell to us. There were some odd picks by opposing clubs but to each their own. We had an extraordinary draft night.

2- We also voted for team captain, what do you think of the way the vote was blind? Would you change that for next season?
I support the blind vote. It stops anyone from begging for votes to hop over someone.

Julian Borwinn - Helskinki LW #7.
Nothing interesting in terms of backstory. Just a popular lucky number.

We have a very appealing base logo but the colour scheme doesn't do the theme justice.
My rendition of a 3rd logo concept below;

Reapers.png

7- Worst topping to put on a pizza?
Anchovies.

Driving the bus whenever Walter takes a snack break. So I'll be driving most of the way.

Honestly not surprised at all. I’m happy for everyone who was chosen, and I’m glad I was drafted to a team who has a history with me. They know what I’m capable of, and I appreciate them wanting me. 

2- We also voted for team captain, what do you think of the way the vote was blind? Would you change that for next season? 

No, I think the voting process was fine. The team should choose together who the captains are. 

I’m getting along with pretty much everyone. It’s a great locker room. Couldn’t tell you one specific person who I’d save the locker next to me for. Everyone is awesome. 

I just have a thing with the number 7. Somewhat of a slight OCD with it.

I think our color scheme is solid. It’s different from the rest of the league which is good.

Anchovies.

8- how would you describe your players

persona?

Laid back, quiet at first, but knows how to have a good time and can be really funny when he breaks out of his shell.

No one team in particular. I want to beat everyone. Let’s win the cup!

7-If you could jump into a pool full of something, what would it be?

Fire trucks and moster trucks. I like fire trucks and moster trucks.

8-How do you relax after a hard day of work?

Playing some games with my buddies.

9-What’s your favorite Disney movie?

Up. I cry every time

10-If you could keep any animal as a pet, what would you choose?

A big floofy bear they are so cute but mean.

11-Where do you think you are going in the draft (round and team)

Undrafted, undrafted. SIKE NY PICKED ME WALTER BB

12-Who do you hope comes to your new team with you?

Frostbeard for sure, love me some Frosty

1. Reapers are picking a mascot this season, how would you narrow down the choices?

The only choices that should be considered are animals in a Reapers jersey.

2. Who is your new locker room buddy, who are you saving the locker next to yours for?

My locker room buddy has got to be Sunny Burst, we goalies have to stick together. 

3. Do you wish we had a monochromatic color scheme like some of the other teams do?

No, that's boring.

4. Worst topping to put on a pizza?

Pineapple, or any other fruit (other than the tomato in the sauce).

5. How would you describe your player's persona?

Quiet and very stoic

6. Team you want to beat the most this season and why?

Minnesota because I've always been a little bummed that they traded me after telling me I would be the starter last season. 

1- We also voted for team captain, what do you think of the way the vote was blind? Would you change that for next season?

The blind vote was fine. Allowed for a unbiased vote, I mean it still was a popularity contest, but at least this way people could vote for who their friend/buddy voted for. I would rather see a GM pick captains, but that is my preference.

2-Reapers are picking a Mascot this season, How would you narrow down the choices?

Something that first off is family friendly. You don’t want something that will scare off kids, as kids are the ones that get the most out of mascots. Other than that something unique 

3-Who is your new locker room buddy, who are you saving the locker next to you for?

I mean I most likely keep to myself the most out of our roster. I will talk to anyone in the roster but I did take the locker and the locker beside me just so I didn’t get someone annoying beside me.

4-Why did you pick your jersey number?

Number 27 was the number my grandfather wore duing his career as well as my father, so I really am just continuing on with the family tradition.

5-Worst topping to put on a pizza?

Vegetables. If I wanted vegetables I would eat a salad.

6-How would you describe your players persona?

Quiet no nonsense type of player. I try to let my play do the talking. 

phila1.png

OK Team I told you this weeks Presser would be about Our LR so lets paint a picture of what is is like in the best LR in the VHLM!! Seriously, you all make it amazing and I want to let everyone know The Reapers are the best on and off the ice!

1. Best thing in your locker currently?

2. Our best pregame or post game ritual

3. Your best friend in the Locker Room?

4. Blade and Jubo are fighting who wins?

5. With our team colours there are so may options for tape colours you going teal, grey, navy, yellow or red? (or are you doing your own thing?)

6. Craziest thing you've seen a GM or Teammate do? What was it and who was it?

7. We just did a vote for a mascot? How do you feel about Blade hiring ice girls?

8. How are the holidays with the reapers? Do you guys get festive in the LR?

For the following questions feel free to mix and match

9.Answer these with a player on our team:

Most likely to start a fight with the other team?

Most likely to bring the whole team cookies?

Most likely to HoF?

10. Answer these with a player on our team:

Who is most likely to be friendly with animals?

Who is most likely to be sensitive?

Who is most likely to be not able to control the laugh at serious moments?

11.Answer these with a player on our team:

Who is most likely to be a gambler?

Who is most likely to pick up a puck bunny with nothing but his smile?

Who is most likely to crack jokes?

12.Answer these with a player on our team:

Who is most likely to be willing to marry a celebrity?

Who is most likely to try the weird things in public?

Who is most likely to make more friends?

13. Bonus Question!!

Tell me a Funny Story about anything Reapers Related!

GMs

@BladeMaiden @Jubo07

TEAM LIST:

@Green @Sixersfan549 @SpacemanSpiff

@Jables@cpetrella@uphillmoss@FrostBeard@11 Eleven@Gabella19@Mclovin@zepheter@Patpou22@Smarch@Psanchez55@Tophdaddy@Hybrid1486@jblock3@Sunburst

Edited by BladeMaiden

Hafkey’s bonus @ItsMcLovin  

2. Our best pregame or post game ritual

Kickin’ it with Steve.

Steve. Jk, not one person in particular, we all get along. 

Nobody.

5. With our team colours there are so may options for tape colours you going teal, grey, navy, yellow or red? (or are you doing your own thing?)

Probably just gonna do my own thing with the tape. Though teal is my favorite color.

Open mouth kiss a horse. I don’t name names. 

@ItsMcLovin

7. We just did a vote for a mascot? How do you feel about Blade hiring ice girls?

Don’t much care about the ice girls. We got Steve. All that matters.

8. How are the holida ys with the reapers? Do you guys get festive in the LR?

Haven’t experienced a holiday with the Reapers yet.

9.Answer these with a player on our team:

Most likely to start a fight with the other team? @ItsMcLovin

Most likely to bring the whole team cookies? @BladeMaiden

Most likely to HoF? @FrostBeard

10. Answer these w ith a player on our team:

Who is most likely to be friendly with animals? Myself

Who is most likely to be sensitive?

No player has been overly sensitive to this point.

Who is most likely to be not able to control the laugh at serious moments? Myself

11.Answer these with a player on our team:

Who is most likely to be a gambler? @Gabella19

Who is most likely to pick up a puck bunny with nothing but his smile? Don’t know

Who is most likely to crack jokes?

we all crack jokes really. 

12.Answer these with a player on our team:

Who is most likely to be willing to marry a celebrity? Anyone given the right circumstances

Who is most likely to try the weird things in public? @ItsMcLovin

Who is most likely to make more friends? We’re all a pretty nice bunch. So I don’t think one singular person would make the most. 

13. Bonus Question!!
Tell me a Funny Story about anything Reapers Related!  

I was possessed by Steve. (Article to come in the future)

Edited by BladeMaiden

1 hour ago, BladeMaiden said:

7. We just did a vote foe a mascot? How do you feel about Blade hiring ice girls?

1. The pink tape Blade tried to prank me with that i unironically use cause i don't wanna buy my own tape

2. Probably how the team hypes each other up after the games. Love the positivity from the boys

3. I'd say Jables since we're on the same line and always making jokes in the locker room

4. Blade probably cause she could just fire Jubo at the end of the fight

5. As stated before, pink all day.

6. I mean I've seen some things in that shower room. Unspeakable things

7. I don't think I'm alone in saying yes, that would be amazing.

8. Absolutely. Wearing Santa hats over our helmets in practice or adding onto the locker room with festive lights and decorations, there's never a dull holiday in the LR

I guess I can say I like the number 11

I like our colour scheme, it's unique and sets us apart.

Pineapple -- fight me.

Eager to prove himself worthy of the love he's gotten from Philly.

Ottawa for sure, they seem to be the other best team in the VHLM.

Sleeping, definitely. Or looking for quality GIFs.

A signed poster from everyone's favourite goalie Brick Wahl ;)

Those who decide to not stick around and witness the relentless beating I would receive

Teal on a primarily black composite stick.

What are the odds the ice girls distract the opposing goals from doing their job?

Walter pulls off a really convincing Santa.

The locker room is always in a positive mood and the holidays up that to the next level. I may be bias on this but the Reapers locker room has such an up-beat atmosphere. We have an incredible group and are spoiled to have put all these great players together.

10. Who is most likely in the locker room to be friendly with animals?
Toss up between Blade and Zepheter. They are often seen talking about their dogs and exchanging photos :)

Edited by Jubo07

I like to keep my locker clean. So I don't really leave anything in there other than my gear. 

2. Our best pregame or post game ritual. 

We talk about stats then complement each other because we're oddly nice to each other.

I don't really have a best friend. They're all very nice and helpful in their own specials ways.

I'm assuming Blade will threaten to get another AGM... so Blade.

5. With our team colors there are so may options for tape colors you going teal, grey, navy, yellow or red? (or are you doing your own thing?)

I normally just use white stick tape on my blade and clear tape on my socks.

I voted for Steve because he's a rad dude. Now about those ice girls... I plan on being a bit distracted on tv timeouts.

1. The best thing in your locker currently?

Really simple answer - 1989 Fender Stratocaster Deluxe with Lace Sensor pickups. One of the best electric guitars that have been made with a really interesting set of pickups that work wonders in the right hands. And an axe.

2. Our best pregame or post-game ritual

There are few that I really like, the post game one where all of us stand in the circle and summon the mighty Steve to come and bless us for the next game is beautiful, surely my favourite.

I have said it before and I will say it again, Edward. He is too cute to not be anyone's best friend.

Tough one, I will probably say the person who has to clean up the place because of all the jewellery that will be all around the place. Chance to become rich in one day

5. With our team colours, there are so many options for tape colours you going teal, grey, navy, yellow or red? (or are you doing your own thing?)

I don't tape my stick, I think it is barbaric to do so. I use high-quality linen cloth and rub the stick till it feels rough. Then I am ready to win.

Craziest, like.. Crazy crazy? If so then I have seen Blade take my teammates to the basement under our arena and after they come out, teammates seem to be stunned for about 2/3 hours and then suddenly a huge rush of energy and happiness runs through them.

5. With our team colours there are somay options for tape colours you goingteal, grey, navy, yellow or red? (or are you doing your own thing?)

6. Craziest thing you've seen a GM orTeammate do? What was it and who was it?

1. Definitely my fire truck and monster trucks hot wheels. I like fire trucks and moster trucks

2. Pre and post game shower sessions. The whole team is invited. It’s a great team building exercise.

3. Frosty. The only Reaper left besides me from the rough times.

4. Blade, women are scary when they fight.

5. Is it too much to ask for all of them? I do stripes of each color. Gives me some flash.

6. I once saw Wendee Cain eat some chicken tenders off the toilet seat. She’ll deny it if you ask her though.

Endless supplies of starburst.

Post-game showers of course

Winning is my best friend.

Blade, the name gives it away.

Teal suits the Uniform the best.

Frostbeard shaved after losing a bet and our captain was transformed into a pre-pubescent boy

phila1.png

Alright my team of Death dealers here are 12 new questions straight from your GMs mouth! It is gonna be a random mix like always! Just a reminder that answering 3 is worth 1 tpe and answering 6 is worth 2 !

1. How do you think the reapers are doing this season?

2. At this point and time who would you say our 2 biggest competitors are and why?

3. The reapers are having a bake sale for charity, what are you baking?

4. What is the one think that could make our LR better?b

5. Surprising workouts that have helped you up your game as a player!

6. Your one piece of advice for a new member.

7. The Beatles once said all you need is love, but is you are a reaper all you need is _________? (fill in the blank and tell me why)

8. What is the once piece of equipment that would affect your game the most if you were forced to change it?

9. Best article of Graphic you have seen on VHL?

10. YOur personal best and goals for the future.

11. What do you think of all the neck and neck teams in the VHL? Who will edge out who?

12. Pic a fictional character that would represent your players personality in on the ice :)

GMs

@BladeMaiden @Jubo07

TEAM LIST:

@Green @Sixersfan549 @SpacemanSpiff

@Jables@cpetrella@uphillmoss@FrostBeard@11 Eleven@Gabella19@Mclovin@zepheter@Patpou22@Smarch@Psanchez55@Tophdaddy@Hybrid1486@jblock3@Sunburst

Excellent...that being said we have lost a couple games that honestly we have no business losing. We have been tinkering with the lineup to find the right chemistries.

2. At this point and time who would you say our 2 biggest competitors are and why?
Ottawa and Saskatoon for obvious reasons. Mexico City would be next in line but are no where near as deep to overtake Ott or Sask at this point.

Peanut butter marshmallow squares.

4. What is the one thing that could make our LR better?
Can I say nothing? The locker room is regularly active and just a great place to be. Blade has really built up an excellent discord.

Been working on my defensive game which has resulted in stronger offensive output. There is certainly a lot to be said about being in the right position on the ice.

Ask for advice from regular members before spending your TPE. There are several great build archetypes and dispersing your TPE randomly more often that not results in less than favourable results.

14 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

phila1.png

1. How do you think the reapers are doing this season? Incredible, I honestly couldn't be prouder of this squad with their performance this year. We're a serious contender for the cup and people are starting to recognize that.

2. At this point and time who would you say our 2 biggest competitors are and why? Ottawa and probably Saskatoon. They've got some elite squads representing their cities and they are forces to be reckoned with anytime they step on the ice.

3. The reapers are having a bake sale for charity, what are you baking? McMuffins, obviously.

4. What is the one thing that could make our LR better? More pranks for sure, after the regular season started everybody cooled off a bit but I'd love to see more pranks as the season progresses.

5. Surprising workouts that have helped you up your game as a player! Running from people in the shower room built a lot of leg muscle and helps train my speed on the ice.

6. Your one piece of advice for a new member. Let loose and be yourself, this team has so many different personalities that everybody should feel welcome to be who they are in the LR and on the ice.

also my @ is @ItsMcLovin, not McLovin ?

Edited by ItsMcLovin

We are rocking it, as expected with such a stacked team

I will bake some cookies made with a fruit from northern quebec called chicoutai.

4. What is the one think that could make our LR better?

Obviously a french channel...

Don't be afraid to talk in the LR, we all love new people! Don't be afraid about Frostbeard, he's a kind guy.

8. What is the once piece of equipment that would affect your game the most if you were forced to change it?

My stick, it is perfect, just the right flex and the right curve, long enough to have a good reach, I can't change that. It is too important.

10. YOur personal best and goals for the future.

Would love to make a big impact positively in the Moscow Menace roster!

12. Pic a fictional character that would represent your players personality in on the ice :)

Bonus one, I would pick the lobster in sponge bob.

On 5/6/2019 at 7:05 AM, Psanchez55 said:

I wasnt very surprised im very pleased to be playing for the titans with fellow vhlm teamates

I really enjoyed the blind vote it didn't complicate things like it couldve if it weren't blind

Have the team vote and then pick the top 3 and vote again

Jubo is a great guy through helping me on the aces last year im pleased to be playing with him

5- Why did you pick your jersey number? Someone remind me what my number is again. If it's 3, it's probably because Chris Paul. A pass first basketball player and pass first hockey player .. if it's 4, which it probably is, I can't remember why. 

13 has always been my lucky number no matter what the situation ill always bet on it

I like our color scheme the way it is now 

7-Worst topping to put on a pizza? Cheese is. Brandon likes living

Pineapple no doubt 

8- how would you describe your players persona? Brandon is quiet. However, his successful NSHL season has really increased his confidence.

My player is out going and a great teammate always doing whats best for the team and not himself

9-Team you want to beat the most this season and why? does all of them count? I'm trying to go undefeated...

I would like to crush Las Vegas they were my team last year and i want to show them what theyre missin gout on

If walter is driving the bus then im driving separeate never put me in a car that walter is drivign

1. I’d say we’re doing great. Everyone is playing well and our record shows.

2. Ottawa and Saskatoon. We’ve had good matchups with them, and they match up best against us. 

3. Brownies

4. Nothing, our LR is pretty great.

5. One piece of equipment that would affect my game if I changed it was if my hockey stick was something other than a hockey stick. 

6. Some advice for a new member is be yourself, but also be respectful, and have fun.

We are killing it! The whole team is contributing and we’re winning a lot of games, feels good to be on top!

Ottawa and i have no idea because i dont really know any other teams

Pot brownies, not for sale

4. What is the one think that could make our LR better?

More hot water, the showers get cold too fast

I don’t work out! They don’t call me “Fat Walter” for nothing!

Just do what you can that will make it most enjoyable for you. Don’t try to max earn if you feel like you’re gonna burn out