Sign in to follow this  
Sonnet

Houston Bulls Press Conference

Welcome to Houston, everyone! Answer these questions in order to receive 2 capped TPE for the week!

1) First off, welcome to the Bulls! How does it feel to play for a brand new franchise in the VHLM?

2) Is this where you expected to end up, or was your selection more of a curveball to you?

3) Now that you've had a day or so to get to know the team, what do you think so far?

4) What are your expectations as a member of an inaugural franchise?

5) What's your favorite thing about the Houston Bulls so far?

6) What's your least favorite thing about the Houston Bulls so far?

:hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: 

@hockeyis66 @GlowyGoat @Grape @FacebookFighter @Radcow @Sogarn @SpartanGibbles @GustavMattias @Kirby @Kuch9 @Joe Gagnier @Bear @Samee @aleks @Birdman

Edited by Sonnet

1) First off, welcome to the Bulls! How does it feel to play for a brand new franchise in the VHLM?

It feels pretty awesome man. It’s fun to be a part of something totally fresh, totally new. Hopefully I can help lead this team to glory.

2) Is this where you expected to end up, or was your selection more of a curveball to you?

Obviously myself and Coach have a history and I just felt that he would pick me up. So yeh, I had an inkling but the thing with a Dispersal Draft is there are just so many potential outcomes. You never know until you know.

3) Now that you've had a day or so to get to know the team, what do you think so far?

Everyone seems a keen bunch. There are a few newcomers but they seem eager to learn and I believe will develop to be valuable assets to this team.

I want us to win games man. We have a solid side at our disposal. I’m excited to see the fan turn out to our home games too.

The weather. Straight up. I’ve spent 18 years of my life living in the cold weather so it is refreshing to finally be able to get a sun tan.

Right now honestly there are no negatives. I guess the least favourite thing is the season hasn’t started yet! Let’s go Bulls!

1. It feels great! I'm very new to VHL (and as a matter of fact new to any sim league) so I love the fact that I was able to get settled in right away and I'm enjoying it so far.

2. Before the draft, I had been contacted by both Halifax GMs, and, in fact, they told me outright that they were planning on making me one of their selections. As no other team made any sort of contact with me prior to the draft, I assumed that Halifax was where I would be right now. I was even more surprised to find that I had been selected at #36, before other defensemen with higher TPE. I could not ask to be among a better group of people than my teammates in Houston, and I could not ask for more active management, but I'd like to credit Halifax for their professionalism and their initial willingness to help a player who was not even officially part of their team. I wouldn't leave the Bulls for anything, but my selection did come as a surprise.

3. I'm incredibly surprised by how active and devoted all my teammates have been. Every time I check Discord, they're all on there. Every time I have a question, it's answered immediately, even if it's 1:00 in the morning. Some of us barely know each other, but we're already a super tight-knit group. 

4. I think the Houston Bulls have a shot! Our draft class looks great as a whole and those of us who haven't been through the league yet are quickly learning. As an expansion franchise, there is a certain responsibility on the part of our rookies and new members, including myself, to stay active and keep the team going. If we can do that, then we might just see the Founders Cup!

5. Again, I absolutely love the support I've gotten from everyone on my team. All my questions are answered clearly the second I have them, and we're all very focused on a championship to prove this team's legitimacy. 

6. I have no complaints! Founders Cup here we come!

1) I'm just happy to be here  at all, honestly.
2) I expected it, I was told before the draft I'd be drafted here very late.
3) Everyone is ready to play and learn and get better, can't ask for more.
4) I think we'll be good but probably not good enough to win anything.
5) Everyone on the team has been great and friendly!
6) I don't have any complaints!

1) It feels awesome!

2) I more or less expected to be here considering I was able to choose my team, but I had no idea our gm would be so upfront and helpful, which played a huge part in my decision.

3) Everyone is so friendly and helpful whenever I have an questions about the league. Couldn't be happier to be here.

4) It's great being part of a brand new team. I hope we can make a deep run in our first year.

5) The teammates for sure. We're already a tight knit bunch and it hasn't even been two days!

6) No complaints here.

1) First off, welcome to the Bulls! How does it feel to play for a brand new franchise in the VHLM?

its pretty cool getting in on the first season with a new franchise and hopefully setting the tone for the team for many seasons to come

I really had no idea where I was going to go and thought I would go somewhere in the second round so I am happy to be in Houston and a first round pick

everyone seems real nice and its a good atmosphere so far and we all want to make the playoffs in the first season and win

as long as everyone stays active and updating, I don't think making the playoffs is out of the question at all

the people and the logo

nothing at all

Feels great. Love being part of something new and I hope I can make a strong impact.

I kind of half expected to end up here. A fair number of GMs reached out to me during the draft but I felt that this would become my new home.

I love it. Great atmosphere and great people all around. Happy to be with them.

We have a good crew with us. I definitely see us getting into the postseason or at the very least staying out of the basement

The people. Everyone is pretty welcoming and it brings a great atmosphere to be around.

Nothing at all. Everything has been fantastic.

1) Very excited to hit the ice with the boys. I'm excited to see what we can bring to the city of Houston

2) Everyone wants to hear their name on draft day. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't anxious as the 3rd round came to an end, but hearing my name was a big relief.

3) I'm excited to get going. Good groups of guys ready to get going and start off the season on a positive note

4) It's our duty to the city to welcome them with competitive hockey. We want to be there when the dust settles, sitting in the finals.

5) It's been pretty welcoming. Getting a call and constant communication with the GM leading up to draft day was a nice sign. 

6) I have no gripes. I'm just happy to be here and can't wait to get started

1) First off, welcome to the Bulls! How does it feel to play for a brand new franchise in the VHLM?

With this being my first year in the league it feels great and I’m just ready to dive in and get this season started.

Since I started as a free agent I did choose  to come here but I did so with the knowledge that it would be a great fit.

I think we have a really great group of guys in the locker room that have already helped me so much and I can’t wait to play with them.

I really hope for a deep run and I know that’s possible with our current core of guys.

The locker room has been a huge part of why I signed here and it truly has been outstanding.

I really can’t complain about anything. I think our team is in a great spot right now. 

I personally feel honoured to play on a new team, in a new league. Houston is a lot different compared to sweden so it'll be nice to take a new step in a new direction

I was a free agent signing along with my brother Joakim, so it wasn't unexpected. We chose to come to Houston, it's a great city, and I think we have a great future ahead of ourselves here.

Callum MacElroy is mean

I think my brother and I would love to not only be a cornerstone of the team, but to also take part in the city of Houston itself and really involve ourselves in the community

Our GM is pretty gnarly

Callum MacElroy

New week, new questions! Answer these six questions to be eligible for 2 capped TPE.

1) The season starts this week, how well do you think the team will do right out of the gate?

2) Houston has done a lot to sort of "brand" the team, what's your favorite aspect of the team in terms of logos, slogans, goal songs, etc?

3) Where in the lineup do you expect to be by the end of the year?

4) Looking at the guys around you in the locker room, who seems to be the most hungry to win?

5) There's a lot of potential on the roster right now, who do you think will be the biggest surprise on the team?

6) What's been your favorite thing about Houston, the city, so far?

:hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: :hou: 

@hockeyis66 @GlowyGoat @Grape @FacebookFighter @Radcow @Sogarn @SpartanGibbles @GustavMattias @Jake Levine @Kirby @Kuch9 @Joe Gagnier @Bear @Samee @aleks @Birdman

1) The season starts this week, how well do you think the team will do right out of the gate? We’re gonna shock the league.

2) Houston has done a lot to sort of "brand" the team, what's your favorite aspect of the team in terms of logos, slogans, goal songs, etc? I dig everything about it. The goal songs, the banners, jersey numbers.. all of it. 

3) Where in the lineup do you expect to be by the end of the year? Somewhere in the top two lines. 

4) Looking at the guys around you in the locker room, who seems to be the most hungry to win? I think we’re all very hungry to win and on the same page probably moreso than the rest of the league. 

5) There's a lot of potential on the roster right now, who do you think will be the biggest surprise on the team? Can’t really single out one person, but @Radcow for picking the sick goal song.

6) What's been your favorite thing about Houston, the city, so far? Everybody here. #hornsup

1) I think this team has the ability to challenge right out of the gate, the GM has done a great job of building a good roster.

2) I like the theme we're going with, it fits the city and everyone in the locker room is on board with it. #hornsup

3) Top line, optimistically. More realistically, 2nd line.

4) I think we're all in it together, we're all hungry to win together.

5) I'm not trying to talk myself up too much, but given that I was the last overall pick in the VHLM draft, I think I've got a lot to prove and will definitely impress.

6) The weather! It's so much warmer than Scotland was.

1) The season starts this week, how well do you think the team will do right out of the gate?

I mean look, we all want to win, and win early. But Rome wasn’t built in a day. We are all new to one another’s faces so naturally, this may take a couple of weeks to get rolling. 

2) Houston has done a lot to sort of "brand" the team, what's your favorite aspect of the team in terms of logos, slogans, goal songs, etc?

Come on man, we got the goal song, we got the freshest logo, we got the coolest uniforms... and we are in Houston, a HOT place. Everything pops here. Everything!

All this obsession with lines, positions, roles, it can consume you if your to into it. We are a transparent bunch here in Houston and Coach Sonnet has a real plan for each and every one of us. 

4) Looking at the guys around you in the locker room, who seems to be the most hungry to win?

I’m not going to stand here and hand pick guys that look most hungry. We all look hungry, and come game day we will show it.

5) There's a lot of potential on the roster right now, who do you think will be the biggest surprise on the team?

I think our goalie is going to play lights out. I’m not the greatest scorer in the world but man he is tough to get by!

Let me ask you a question... what do you think my favourite thing is?

*Kirbsson rolls the sleeve up on his loose fitted Gucci shirt*

You see that?

I’m suntanned. The weather my friend, that’s my favourite thing about Houston so far.

I think we are still a relatively new team on the ice and it might take us a minute to gel and get it rolling.

#HORNSUPHOCKEY not that I helped start it or anything.

I have no set expectations for the lineup as long as I'm helping the team I'm happy.

There is no one person, the whole bunch is chomping at the bit to start beating Ottawa.

I think our D-corps specifically has nowhere to go but up and we can become quite deadly.

It's a somewhat similar climate to where I grew up so I'm happy to not have to adjust to a frozen climate.

Instant competition for wildcard spots at least

I'm impressed by the marketing team. Making big strides with the graphics especially

Hoping I've fallen no further than 2nd string with the stark competition

The GM by far, we're going places

I think Kirbsson is going to come out of nowhere and starting crushing

It's not Dallas!

Playoffs ez

I'm more of a "baby blue" guy personally, but the bull is cool

I hope to eventually play on at least the second line

No doubt my friend Callum and my brother Joakim

Me

Houstons weather is a lot different compared to Sweden, the atmosphere is different, and theres so much more food to try!

1. The season starts this week, how well do you think the team will do right out of the gate?

I think were going to shock the league and become instant cup contenders.

2. Houston has done a lot to sort of "brand" the team, what's your favorite aspect of the team in terms of logos, slogans, goal songs, etc?

My favorite aspect of the team is that we were the first team in the league to elect a goal song, and that I was the one who picked it! I'm also digging the #HornsUp.

3. Where in the lineup do you expect to be by the end of the year?

Who knows where i'll end up, but I know that wherever we're at, my linemate Jerry and I will crush it.

4. Looking at the guys around you in the locker room, who seems to be the most hungry to win?

Definitely Garcia, he's got that fire in his eyes.

5. There's a lot of potential on the roster right now, who do you think will be the biggest surprise on the team?

In my totally unbiased opinion? Me. Again, totally unbiased.

6. What's been you favorite thing about Houston, the city, so far?

The ice cream is top notch.

- I think we'll be able to shock a few people from the start. Wouldn't be surprised to be considered a "fluke" when they see our names in the playoff picture come next month

- Big fan of the logo, Strikes fear in shooters when they see the badge on my chest....hopefully

Every player desires to be a starter come game day. That's where I want to be.

Can't pick out one guy. We want to be here and we want to win.

Beau Buefordsson . Like the kid's work ethic

Not having to shovel every morning

This teams underrated and given too much trash. We're gonna kill it this season

Honestly the logo is god damn fire I can't wait to have that on my chest

Me and Ludwig looking to kill it with MacElroy, betcha this line becomes the first in not too long

Definitley Callum [Macelroy]. Dudes dedicated

Our depth scoring is gonna be hella scary, league won't see it coming.

the food. i don't add weight and its great

Answer these 6 questions in order to be eligible to claim 2 capped TPE this week.

1) The Bulls are out to a rather even start. Are you worried?

2) Kari Jurri, at the time of writing these, is the number one goalscorer in the VHLM. Are you surprised to see one of your teammates leading in this category?

3) Quite a few of our players have made comments about Halifax recently. What do YOU think of their team, their city?

4) We're opening our season with a long stretch of games against the Yukon Rush. Which team are you most excited to play against, once we get through the Yukon streak?

5) VSN has power ranked us, to start the season, at 4th in the league. Do you agree with this?

6) It looks like the Houston faithful have been excited to see a new hockey team take the ice for their city. What's been your favorite fan interaction so far this year?

@hockeyis66 @GlowyGoat @Grape @FacebookFighter @Radcow @Sogarn @SpartanGibbles @GustavMattias @Jake Levine @Kirby @Kuch9 @Joe Gagnier @Bear @Samee @aleks @Birdman

Not one bit. I already said to y’all... Rome wasn’t built in a day. This is a process and we will get better and better as the season progresses.

2) Kari Jurri, at the time of writing these, is the number one goalscorer in the VHLM. Are you surprised to see one of your teammates leading in this category?

Not surprised in the slightest. Karri is one heck of a player and the connection on the ice that we have created is crazy. I’ll keep feeding him and he will keep slotting them.

3) Quite a few of our players have made comments about Halifax recently. What do YOU think of their team, their city?

I don’t really care to be honest. I couldn’t even tell you where Halifax is on a map so yeh, that says it all really.

4) We're opening our season with a long stretch of games against the Yukon Rush. Which team are you most excited to play against, once we get through the Yukon streak?

Based on the last question, I’m guessing Halifax, right? Philly will be cool too though, expansion vs expansion.

5) VSN has power ranked us, to start the season, at 4th in the league. Do you agree with this?

I think that’s a fair ranking, but trust me, we have the talent to be number one. And I think we will be come season end.

6) It looks like the Houston faithful have been excited to see a new hockey team take the ice for their city. What's been your favorite faninteraction so far this year?

I did a live twitch session while playing some Madden with a few buddies and the amount of people viewing and commenting was actually CRAZY! Shout out Bulls fans, you rock.

Edited by Kirby

Absolutely not. Plenty of the seasons left so theres no telling what happens next.

no because Jurri is literally a beast

Halifax has a team?

Id love to play against this Halifax team ive never heard of

i definitely think we should be top 3. We have a solid team all around. Jurri is a corner stone for us

6) It looks like the Houston faithful have been excited to see a new hockey team take the ice for their city. What's been your favorite fan interaction so far this year?

I like time to myself, as being a professional athlete commands alot of attention. But nothing makes me smile more than signing a jersey for a young fan.

I knew we wouldn’t pop off immediately but I know once we get settled and our chemistry gets set we are set up to dominate. 

Jurri is a god so no.

I never wanna go back there again after what I saw.

anywhere but Halifax maybe philly.

we’re about 4 places too low in my opinion. 

the kids. The kids are awesome.

Not at all! Many of us are beginners. In fact, this team is built largely upon first-time VHLM players. We're all active and should only continue to get better with time.

Not at all. We have some great players here. Jurri isn't the only great player here, and we have an absolutely stacked top scoring line. He's a great player, and he's surrounded by great players whenever he steps on the ice. That's a deadly combination right there.

Look, they deported my linemate, Beau Buefordsson, because he looked Swedish, apparently. He's not even remotely Swedish, he's from the Caribbean! Halifax tried to draft me, but they probably thought I was Mexican and let me slide another round or two. So Bulls all the way it is!

The long string of losses we're going to give the 21st will be the greatest tragedy in the city of Halifax since the Halifax Explosion in 1917. Time to sweep them clean.

In a manner as distanced from American politics as is possible, fake news! I bet Halifax management has had quite a bit to do with our team's underappreciation thus far.

I've gotten so many bags of weed in the mail from Bulls fans just because my name is Jerry Garcia. I don't smoke weed but I've gotten a kick out of opening packages lately and I'd be willing to bet this doesn't happen to any other player.